Naaz

By shewritesforbidden

Nina Shehnaaz Sehgal, is a well-known blogger, the daughter of an attorney and parliament member. There were... More

Synopsis & Warnings
Character Aesthetics
PART I: The Avalanche
1|Cherry Picking
2|Appearance
3|To Love & Loathe
4|Blurred Lines
5|Intoxicated
6|To Hug & Hold
7|Drastic
8|Twisted Together
9|Paint Me
AN
A/N:
10| Captivating
11|Sweet Passion
12|Stars
13|Relief
15|Grim
16| Steps
PART II: The Tormentor
The Tormentor (Prologue)

14|Engraved

532 52 38
By shewritesforbidden

(The chapter is the same and will be the same. I won't change or delete, just had insecurities. It wasn't showing so I had to re-upload. Is that okay now?)

***

A smile for a Vote

I closed my eyes, leaned my head back, and held a breath.

The loud sound of sirens was still clear in my head, deep havoc was forming in my mind and I dreaded losing her, losing someone who belonged to me for a short time but was entwined with me. The risk of my life was always hanging by a thread. Even after the life I left behind for good. The moment was less painful than awaiting death- I had fewer experiences of taking bullets and lying almost dead. Clasping my hands under my chin I waited out of her room where her pale form lying peacefully snatching my patience. It took all of my patience to wait for the doctor who said she had nothing major.

Still, there were so many "what ifs". The probability of losing her was a risk to my existence.

Granny used to say when I get angry I should think of some other useless stuff to divert myself. But any of my life-related matters wasn't easy.

Shaking my leg over the crossed one I again took a deep breath holding the gun over my forehead. I'm a busy guy, I have to deal or I can say terminate this shit hole gagging there, and then will have to attend a romantic call my queen asked me for.

Aditya took a drag of a cigarette while watching a comedy show on Netflix. I find it plainly boring. As strange as it is for someone he doesn't laugh, he never laughed watching comedy, honestly. I believe it's a waste of time for him if it can keep him entertained then why should go the comedy? Action and science fiction is some sort of time pass for him.

The gagging noise grew more. I lazily turned over to look at the covered head of a guy on a chair.

"Will you mind taking care of your business?"

He grumbled rubbing his forehead.

"This is my apartment."

"So, what? Did you know Nina wouldn't mind if I clicked a sweet selfie of the three of us posing with a gun at his head and pouting with a V sign?"

He smirked, winking at me. It was nothing new. He had been teasing me since she left the hospital with him.

"Nina wouldn't mind either if I kicked your ass out of my place."

"What's yours is mine. Plus I don't have a Netflix subscription."

"What do you do with your money? Roll them, light fire, and take a whiff like a cigarette you take instead of your meals? Are you sure you still have two sets of lungs?"

"Wait, are you saying you don't smoke?"

"I smoke, unlike someone who eats cigarettes."

"I wonder why you are talking like an old grumpy woman? I guess Naaz darling has something to do with that."

He wiggled his brows and a taunting smile stretched the edge of his lip.

"It's Nina for a fuck sake. N-I-N-A. Next time no warnings I will directly stitch your mouth. Get that?"

"Woah-I'm scared!" He feigned fear and placed a hand on his chest- "Now please be done with him. I want nothing between my dearly beloved sleep."

"If you have problems, show yourself out."

"I repeat what yours is mine. Remember I used to share all of my toys and snacks. You owe me your life. "

He reckoned pointing out the one time he shared his toys and whenever his mother made lunch of carrots and broccoli in elementary school.

"That's why I never made friends. Inform Allister to bring the other guy in one piece."

Aditya rolled his eyes and mimicked his "That's why I never made friends" line in a high-pitched tone.

The episode finished ten minutes ago. Aditya yawned and scrolled on his phone. I took off my glass and closed my laptop. Theo is the worst guy to discuss with. He will speak his thoughts and will pay no heed to others. I stretched and popped my bones and shared a look with the man still gagging.

"Sweet dreams Honey and try not to make her pregnant over a phone call. Okay?"

Aditya dramatically said and stood blowing a kiss to me.

I sharply glanced at him and took out my favorite gun from my desk. My dead eyes to him are no use. On special and rare occasions I used that. Rolling the chair I faced him and took out the black mask covering his head.

"Добрый вечер. Как самочувствие сегодня?"

As my voice reached him his eyes grew wide. I extended my hand for a shake and then pretended I was surprised to see him tied.

(Good Evening. How are you feeling today?)

"Unlike others, you will not be interrogated. A less painful death."

I glanced at my handwatch. There's still five minutes left and I need only two.

The guy started gasping and trying to say a few words that made a gag sound.

"Today, I have to be with my love, the one you tried to target."

I smirked and mocked him with a long face

-"So sad it was an epic fail."

He shed a few tears and struggled with the tight ropes. I held the gun with my name engraved on it and placed it over my chest. He panted in anxiety.

"So sad you won't join us at your boss's funeral. But I promise to bring him to attend yours. Okay?"

I patted his cheeks then held the gun over the left side of his chest and waited to count a few beats. He is a druggie, organs are as good as dead.

His eyes were red, sweat tracking his forehead. A few attempts to move. The petrified look is savory to my soul. A mistake is a mistake. But it's a sin if Naaz is jeopardized. With a last smirk, I pulled the trigger and his movement halted lifeless. I glanced at the blood splattering all over the place. Red is pride, red is love and red is vicious. The color of the end.

"Doodles."

I said looking at the set of eyes. His lifeless form was set on a chair with ropes and knots now drenched in red.

***

I have got a bunch of time to prepare myself to be on her call. Nervous?- nuh. Just, I had to watch my mouth. The thing I discovered after meeting her is that I like her shyness and loss of words. I never knew I had a skill named flirt. It's nearly impossible to control myself. Her emotion gleams all over her eyes and the smile on her face is the reason I have no control over my mouth.

I grinned when my phone rang. Taking her call I spread myself on the bed.

"Hey, Arrogant Malhotra!"

She chirped with her cheering voice. Someone is in her extra good mood.

"Had your dinner?"

"No, I'm actually waiting on the table."

"How come you called me in front of everyone? Am I seeing stars in daylight?"

She laughed.

"They guessed that I was talking with Ishi. And I did not correct it. It's just me. Nani was frying 'Shutki' which means dried fish for Bhorta and the smell of it was unpleasant. But Di and I love that, Ma and Nani are in the kitchen. Di is with Jiju-"

Within her rambling Neha hissed and uttered angrily "Did she ask you about me fool? How does Ishita take your nonsense"

Naaz grumbled something and started fighting with her sister. Then a sharp yell came from her.

"ওগো নানি, ভাজা শুটকি হলো কি? ঘ্রাণে আর তো তর সইছে না আমি রান্না ঘরে গেলে তোমাদের সর্বনাশ কিন্তু, খেয়ে নিলে বকা-ঝকা দিয়ে লাভ নেই।"

(Nani, are you finished frying them? I'm famished. If I enter the kitchen they will end up in my stomach. Then Fussing won't bring them back. )

It's not the first time I heard her Bangla. The first time I heard her calling her elder male cousin before Ganesha in Kolkata. She said- "দাভাই শুনছো? আমিও হাটে যাব"

The fact I asked Aditya to translate her words out of jealousy and that bastard said it means she is calling her with love and adoration to spend time with him. Thanks for the little trust I had in him so I Google translated, I was right, Advik lied. She was asking him to take her to the local marketplace.

Another half of the time she did eat and talked with everyone. I checked each time if she forgot I was still on call with her. Her reply was "Hmm". I almost drifted off but the sound of "Cocomelon" woke me up. Then she entered the room and told me all about her skills and bravery that don't even exist- like how she caught a frog instead of a fish and then how courageously she told her cousin to take it out of the hook. Every time she would forget and ask what she was telling. Then she yawned and said she would be sleepy and hung up with a sweet Goodnight. That's how my romantic phone call turned out. I smiled and closed my eyes.

Naaz brought herself out of Shell. Before she would pick fights and now she fights but shares more of herself. She is an adult but not mature enough. She loves writing blogs, reading books, and gardening. Sera is everything for her. That's why I had won the little Sera before her Aunt. None of her rambling and talking for hours bored me. I was tired yet I listened to her. Usually, when I'm tired and need to restore myself for the next few days I would skip meetings, work and relax.

The cycle broke.

***

The crusty wall of dungeons echoes the scratchy wail of men. The basement had a handful of dungeons and the nastiest one is violet-gray. That room was big and dark, filled with scorpions and leeches. The jailers there are burly and deaf. The torture session of the evening was done. Pleadings and screams are of no use.

I stood in front of the dungeon hearing those screams and wailing felt ease to my ears. The image of my sister's blooded form flashed in my mind. I was a teenage boy, who came on a vacation from boarding school. I didn't know where she was taken. I had no clue what they did. I just knew I matured overnight. Maturity comes when you see the harsh reality. I faced the worst situation and ended up with Bratva. I wouldn't let anyone walk in the same way my sister did.

I gestured to turn on the light and came face to face. I was collected and calculated. One of these men was Rowan's informer and the photographer who took photos of us through blackmailing my employee. He had been captive for days without water and food. Once the smell of dried blood, urine, and vomit of this cell twisted my stomach in disgust. The other two were assigned by Meyers and Rowan. The plan was to exterminate Theo before he took flight. The one Rowan assigned did shoot on the wheel of my car yesterday.

Theo and the other two men of mine stood by me and gestured that he will take care of the other one who decided to fuck with him.

"Dissects Hades's head and Falcon's hands when they are well and alive. Then place them in a box. Fresh, Neat, and velvet gift-wrapped. Someone is keen for the sweet encounter."

I ordered Ishfak and Evan. They nodded and beckoned a guy and he came around with two full plate meals for Hades and Falcon.

I'm not heartless, am I?

Later that night I knew I would be down for a few hunts and all the gifts Rowan owed me. Next plan after we land in Russia.

My plane will take off within a few minutes. It's almost two am in the morning and I haven't talked with her for more than twenty-four hours. The day was hectic and tiring.

The first three times she didn't receive it. Then She picked up the call after the fourth ring. The first thing I heard was her sniffing. The grin fell off of me and my heart raced. She was okay yesterday.

"Why are you crying?"

"The guy had cancer so he broke up with her."

She hoarse out with a stuffy nose and sniffed again. I scowled.

"What guy?"

"The hero of the book I'm reading."

I went blank for a while. I should do something with her actions. I'm seeing myself having a full-blown heart attack if that goes further. Rubbing my forehead I let out a frustrated scoff. I thought she would miss me. She sniffed again. Before I got a chance to speak she spoke.

"I'm reading a book and now I'm on an important part. Call you later."

She ended the call with a sniff. I feel like I need to take a little brain therapy before I ever call her.

Morals for bachelors in love like me- Keep your expectations down.

Leaning my head back, the last thing I imagined was her face when she pinched me for the first time and stepped on my shoe out of anger.

Does my kitten know she already clawed my heart?

𒊹︎︎︎𒊹︎︎︎𒊹︎︎︎

Ⓐ︎Ⓤ︎Ⓣ︎Ⓗ︎Ⓞ︎Ⓡ︎ Ⓝ︎Ⓞ︎Ⓣ︎Ⓔ︎

For the girl who was born with a silver spoon expecting maturity from her is fruitless. Nina had never been in suffering. Not that she struggled. I need to give the romance a pace and open secrets, and then it will get in point of way apart.

A heartbreak comes after love backstabs.

Chapter 15 will be uploaded soon if I get a quick response.

Share your thoughts and vote♡︎♡︎♡︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 656 35
Like cold winter night my body shivered learning the harsh yet delicate truth of my life. No one has prepared me for this extraordinary surprise that...
99.2K 7K 20
šƒššš«š¤ š‘šØš¦ššš§šœšž "š…š®šœš¤ š¦šž š”ššš«š, š¢šŸ š²šØš® š§šžšžš š­š”ššš­ ššžššš„." Ėšć€€ć€€ć€€ć€€āœ¦ć€€ć€€ć€€.怀怀. 怀ā€ˆĖšć€€.怀怀怀怀怀 . āœ¦ć€€ć€€ć€€ Adhvik Kapoor, the self m...
12K 669 15
ššŽšŽšŠ šŸ šŽš… š‹šŽš•š„ š’š„š‘šˆš„š’!!! [šƒššš«š¤ š‘šØš¦ššš§šœšž] š•šžšžš« š— š€šš¢š­š¢ "So you want to be my wife?" He asked pinning her to the...
5.9K 214 15
Revenge to obsession series - 2 SHEKHAWATS name is enough to make people shiver no one has dare to go against them they held power not just politicia...