Star Wars: Legacy of Darth No...

By GreenAsEnvy

When a Jedi Padawan discovers his heritage, relation to an ancient Sith Lord, the direction the galaxy takes... More

Unfit for Knighthood
Getting Away
Finding What Was Lost
A Night's End
A Conversation With Nox
Rakghouls, Doctors, and Bureaucrats, Oh My!
Getting Off Taris
Return to Coruscant
The Trial of Will
Meeting with the Council
To Level 1313
One Lightsaber Lost, Another Rebuilt
Training With Nox
The Sabaac Tournament
Arrival on Raxus
The Lines We Walk
Negotiating "Peace"
The Journey Back
Senate Speeches and Sith Justice
Don't Show Your Hand
Kyber and Community Service
Fixing (Some Of) Our Messes
The Council and Hunting
Fight at the Generators, A New Crewmate
Alone Again, Only Slightly Insane
Arrival on Mortis
Quick Note
Visitors of the Night
The Library of Mortis
Fight at the Son's Tower
Dark Side on the Rise
Visions of the Dark
Captured!
What Happened?
Disturbed Dreams
Cutting Room Floor: Overwatch
Dogma Days
Lightsaber Training
A Conversation, A Master's Research
A Master's Decision
Run Through The Temple
Escape and Dealing With Annoyances
Space Station Massacre
Discover the Past
Perfectly Legitimate Gains
AN 3/22/2024: HIATUS

The End of Mortis

1.1K 61 12
By GreenAsEnvy

Anakin Skywalker was not having a great... day? Night? The time table on Mortis was all kinds of kriffy, so he opted to just call it a few hours. First the Son kidnaps Ahsoka, turns her to the Dark Side, then that blasted Sith shows up with a whole host of new powers. Oh yeah, did he forget to mention that he saw the literal embodiment of the Light Side of the Force die? And now, he was off to the place where the Dark Side was strongest on this planet that was already incredibly strong in the Force. Anakin shook his head, as if trying to shake the very thoughts from his mind. He had to focus.

Anakin descended into the Well of the Dark Side, a massive hole in the ground that led to a single rock floating upon a river of lava, the sigil of the Ones glowing the same fiery orange. Anakin parked his speeder there, ready for whatever he would see or hear, as he had seen Qui-Gon before.

"I believe there has been a... miscommunication," the Son said from behind Anakin, deathly calm. "We need not be enemies."

"You murdered your sister!" Anakin yelled back. "The Force is out of balance. I have to stop you."

"Must you?" the Son asked, a hint of smugness on his face. This prompted Anakin to ignite his lightsaber, ready to strike at the Son. The Son, however, simply chuckled, pulling the lightsaber right out of Anakin's hands.

"There is no need for such cruel implements here," he mocked. "I have a gift for you."

"I've had enough of your trickery," Anakin hissed in response.

"Ah, but this one I think you'll like. What if I could show you your future?" Anakin grabbed his head in pain, occasionally grunting.

"No, no!" he yelled, trying to make it end.

"Know yourself!" the Son replied. "Know your future! Know what you will become!" The Son pulled the same swirling mist trick on Anakin as he had (Y/N), but rather than having to explain that it was about Anakin, he had the luxury of diving straight into the tradgedy. Obi-Wan and Padme suffering, the Lightning of Darth Sidious, Anakin killing Younglings, Obi-Wan striking him down, Anakin using the Force to choke Padme, the destruction of what Anakin recognized as Alderaan, and finally, the visage that Anakin would one day take upon himself.

FSSHHH

PUUH

FSSHHH

PUUH

When the mists finally faded, Anakin was on his hands and knees from sorrow and grief as the Son began to approach him.

"Am I really going to do such terrible things?" Anakin asked the Son, his voice broken, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Yes, but it doesn't have to be that way," the Son offered, "The choice is still yours to make."

"How?" Anakin asked, desperate to not do the things he had seen himself doing.

"The future, by its very nature, is always subject to change," the Son pointed out. "Join me, and we shall destroy this Emperor you see in your visions, and we shall end war, greed, corruption, and suffering throughout the galaxy."

"Will we bring peace?" Anakin asked, as peace was the only thing on the Jedi Knight's mind.

"Of course," the Son replied, offering Anakin his lightsaber again. Anakin reached out and took it, sorrowfully, looking up at the Son, ready to learn.

Obi-Wan was not having a great... day? Night? The time scale on Mortis made no sense, so Obi-Wan thought it best to simply describe it as a few hours. He had been informed that Anakin had left for what was likely the Son's own home, and then lectured by the Father to not interfere. However, given the fact that he and Ahsoka were present, he decided to interfere anyway, because why else would they be there? So, Obi-Wan drove his speeder into the Well of the Dark Side, seeing massive flows of magma overlooking a single rock floating in an ocean of liquid mineral. He could see where Anakin had parked his own speeder, and came in for a landing next to it. It wasn't long before Obi-Wan saw the man himself.

"Anakin, are you alright?" Obi-Wan inquired, ready to get Anakin out of there.

"There has been a change of plans," Anakin replied before Force-pushing one of the speeders into the lava. His eyes had turned a sickly orange color, indicating his turn to the Dark Side, and his alliance with the Son. "Sorry."

"Anakin, what are you doing?" Obi-Wan yelled.

"You do not understand what I will have to do to end the Clone Wars, and you will try to stop me."

Before Obi-Wan could reply, the Son swooped down like a bat, sending crimson lightning into the form of Obi-Wan, shocking him until he fell to the floor in pain.

"Anakin, why?" Obi-Wan questioned, wanting to know what caused his former apprentice to fall.

"I'm sorry, but I have seen that it is the Jedi who will stand in the way of peace." Anakin hopped onto the speeder Obi-Wan used to come to the Well in the first place and flew out, leaving Obi-Wan behind. The Son turned to Obi-Wan, a smug smile laminating his face.

"He's mine now," he laughed, before turning into his beastly form and flying out of the Well as well, leaving Obi-Wan trapped there, alone. He booted up his wrist-comm, calling Ahsoka, who was back at the ship.

"Ahsoka, listen to me. You need to make sure Anakin can't fix the ship!"

"What? But Master, I just got done fixing it myself, at least enough to get off this rock," Ahsoka replied.

"Anakin has joined with the Son, we need to make sure they can't leave!" That caused Ahsoka's heart to drop into her stomach, as she looked for the closest thing that would disable the ship and not be repairable. She decided to do something similar to what she had done for (Y/N)'s ship and removed the ship's power core. Just in time, too, as she could hear the sound of Anakin arriving by speeder. She hid in the ship's rafters, waiting for Anakin to pass underneath her. As soon as he did, Ahsoka dropped down silently and ran to steal the speeder Anakin had arrived in. She placed the power core into her pocket and took off for Obi-Wan's location, hearing Anakin scream her name behind her. However, before he could get a chance to pursue, he was interrupted.

"Skywalker!" (Y/N) yelled, his lightsaber already activated in his hands. "Time to die, Skywalker!" (Y/N) used the Force to levitate somewhat, crimson bolts of thunder sparking from his elevated feet into the soil below. He stuck his hands out to either side of himself, crimson lightning shooting into the skies above. It coalesced into a storm cloud streaking across the skies of Mortis before coming to a stop above Anakin and the ship. Massive bolts of crimson screamed through the sky before striking at Anakin, who was forced to run in a zig-zag pattern just to avoid them. Seeing that this wasn't working, (Y/N) switched over to using convection in much the same way as he had before, using it like rocket boots under his feet to fly at Anakin, saber re-ignited and ready to strike.

Anakin whirled around, igniting his own blue blade to block the boy's aggressive attacks. It was so aggressive, in fact, that the boy didn't seem to be using any real form, just swinging the blade in hopes of overpowering Anakin's blocks. Seeing this, Anakin blocked one more strike before flipping his lightsaber around and dodging to the side, ready to strike at (Y/N)'s neck to take his head off. (Y/N)'s eyes widened, before pushing Anakin away to avoid the strike. (Y/N), having had a moment to breathe, he once again leapt towards Anakin, however was interrupted by the Father, who decided to make his presence known.

"What is going on here?" the Father yelled.

"I have seen the future!" (Y/N) yelled out in response. "For the sake of the galaxy, he must die!"

"Have you now?" the Father asked, before turning to Anakin. "Have you seen it as well?"

"I have seen what I will become. I can't let that happen," Anakin explained.

"Very well," the Father sighed. "If balance is to be restored, what has been seen by you both must be forgotten." The Father placed two fingers on the foreheads of both (Y/N) and Anakin, causing a slight humming to be heard and the two to pass out, seemingly from exhaustion.

When the two awoke, they were in the courtyard where Anakin had had his test, the Father kneeling between the two. (Y/N) was the first to awaken, but only by mere moments, as while he was looking around, Anakin got right to the questions.

"Where am I?" he asked, not fully recognizing his surroundings due to having just awoken.

"I brought you back to my monastery. My Son broke the laws of time, and showed you, both of you, things that you should never have seen. I have taken the liberty of reversing this error."

"You messed with my head?" (Y/N) asked, annoyed. "I swear, if Nox isn't there..."

"Don't worry, (Y/N), I'm still here." Nox said, seemingly from outside of (Y/N)'s head. "Though I too have no recollection of the time since the Daughter was killed..." (Y/N) turned to where the voice was coming from, and sure enough, Nox's ghost was right there. However, (Y/N) was not the only one to see him, as Anakin turned his head as well. Nox turned to the Father, preparing to ask some questions of his own.

"Would it be alright if we take a few things from your library?" Nox asked the Father. "If what I sense is to indeed happen, then we're going to want to preserve some of that knowledge."

"It will not matter anyway," the Father replied, somberly. "Once you leave this planet, any items you did not enter with will not follow you out. The only things capable of true departure are people."

"In that case, I'm going to head back to the library," (Y/N) announced. "If what you say is true, I better memorize all I can." With those words leaving his mouth, (Y/N) was about to leave for the monastery's library, but was stopped by Anakin.

"Hold on a moment, who is this?" Anakin questioned, gesturing towards the ghost of Darth Nox.

"That's my ancestor, Anakin," (Y/N) explained. "He's the one who taught me all I know about the Dark Side, at least that which wasn't learned through the library here. As for how he's here, well, I kind of ate his ghost like morning rations at his prompting. Not too bad, from what he tells me."

"Indeed," Nox continued. "I have a nice little apartment inside (Y/N)'s hippocampus. Not as luxurious as the Dark Council chambers on Korriban, but better than being trapped inside that ship for three thousand years."

"Master!" the four could hear someone yell. It was Ahsoka, riding in alongside Obi-Wan on a speeder bike, specifically the one that Anakin had used to go from the Well to their ship.

"Are you alright?" Obi-Wan asked his old Padawan.

"I think so," Anakin replied, standing up once again. "We have to stop the Son once and for all."

"We have little time," the Father cautioned, "and you will only get one chance. You know what you must do."

"How quaint," the Son interrupted, swooping down from the sky in much the same way he had in the Well. "My own personal little send-off."

"I will ask you one last time. Please, do not attempt to leave, my son!"

"You have no power to keep me here, old man," the Son replied. "You must understand by now, this place is not my destiny!"

"What you plan to do will destroy all that is good!" the Father exclaimed. "Please, restrain yourself, and stay!" the Father pleaded, hoping to reason with his last living child.

"I cannot."

"Then what must happen, shall be." The Father backed away from the Son, who by now had Anakin Skywalker standing across from him. Anakin ignited his blue blade, ready to charge the Son. He made a pair of swings at the Celestial, who simply blocked them with his forearms as the blade bounced off. As Anakin was moving towards the other side to swing again, the Son stuck his hand out and pulled Anakin by the neck and began choking him. Obi-Wan and Ahsoka ignited their own lightsabers, but the Son simply used the Force to rip them from their hands and push them away. (Y/N) shot lightning at the Son, but he once again simply swatted the lightning away, chuckling.

The Father looked towards the Son's waist, seeing the Dagger of Mortis. He used the Force to take it from the Son's belt, and held it up. The Son threw Anakin behind him, and began taunting the Father.

"What? You're going to kill me now?" the Son asked, laughing as if he had heard the funniest joke in the universe.

"I had hoped that you could resist the Dark Side, as that boy appears to have for now. But now," the Father began, turning the Dagger upon himself, "that there is no going back."

"Father," the Son began, showing genuine regret for the first time since the mortals arrived at Mortis. The Father stabbed himself in the heart, a certainly fatal wound. "No!" the Son screamed, running to his father's side, ripping the dagger from his heart. "What have you done?! It did not have to be this way!"

"Yes, my son, it did. We are tied together, and your strength runs through me," the Father explained, struggling to speak. "This way, I take your power."

"Please, don't die," the Son sobbed, regret across the entirety of his face.

"I always knew there was good in you." The two members of the family embraced one final time, as Anakin ignited his lightsaber from behind the Son. Skywalker stabbed both of them through the chest, with the Son unable to react in time to stop it.

"So you have betrayed me, father," the Son said, his final emotion being disappointment, before finally falling to the ground, his red eyes no longer shining. As the light in the Son's eyes faded, the crimson lightning sparking across the skin of (Y/N)'s hands and forearms followed, leaving naught but scars in the shape of eyes on the back of his hand. The boy sighed. While he was somewhat disappointed that the power had faded, he was glad that he could interact with standard electronics again without unintentionally frying their circuitry.

"It is done," Anakin sighed, happy that the nightmare was finally over.

"Indeed. And now, I die, my heart broken," the Father began, interrupted by a violent coughing fit, "but knowing the role you will play."

"And what is that?" Anakin replied.

"You are the Chosen One. You have brought balance to this world. Stay on your path, and you shall do it again, this time for the galaxy," the Father explained. "But still, beware... your... power." The Father was unable to continue, falling to his left, and passing on into death, his body fading. However, no sooner had he taken his final breaths as the planet itself began to implode. The crystal above the monastery shattered, letting out a bright flash of light, blinding everyone left on the planet.

The very next thing that (Y/N) remembered was waking up at his ship's navigation console, a massive Republic Venator outside his window.

"Oh, kriff," (Y/N) muttered to himself, rushing to get all of the ship's systems online. He attempted to fly away from the Venator before they could notice, but it was already too late. He was caught in the ship's tractor beam.

"Oh boy," (Y/N) muttered. "Here we go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 8.8K 85
"War is all he's known, but with his return, a master of darkness shall rise once again". A Young and powerful, dark lord of the old sith empire, a b...
26.9K 363 29
Aria Nova "Your Average Teenager just trying to survive life with complications and adventures Her brother, Alex had been invited to the Jedi temple...
545K 12.9K 200
Kanan Ezra Zeb Kallus Maul Thrawn Rex
1.9K 55 12
An ordinary battle in the Clone Wars becomes complicated when, out of nowhere, a group of Sith appear from an alternate reality. The Sith want only o...