The Beast of Montero

By RainHero21

"Jason?! What the hell, you can't just kidnap me!" "I'm sorry I knocked you out like that but trust me, I'm t... More

02: Saved
03: Nightmare
04: Call me.
05: The Neighbour
06: Bailed out
07: Ice Rink
08: He got to me
09: Dancing with the enemies
10: Finding Jason
11: You're not real
12: Come out

01: Library

74 11 2
By RainHero21

THE BEAST OF MONTERO by RainHero21 © 2023

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

.
.
.

Montero Valley.

A small town, surrounded by mountains and turquoise looking lakes. It's what most tourists called mini Switzerland. As beautiful as this small town was, it was rather cold.

My adoptive mother Rose got transferred to a new hospital, thanks to her company. She was a senior nurse and usually worked the night shifts.

"So, how was school?" Rose asked going through some bill letters on the kitchen counter. Today was her day off, and we lived in an apartment block with some occasionally loud neighbours.

Oddly. They especially got loud during the full moon nights.

Honestly, I hated the move here. It was the middle of the semester and everyone had their clicks and friends. Mine were all the way out in Miami, enjoying the sun and beach. I hated the fact that I had to break up with my boyfriend John, since we both knew the long distance relationship would not work out.

Even so John and I remained good friends, and occasionally texted each other. See, he was one of my very close friends apart from my adoptive mother who knew about my special powers.

Special powers?

Yeah, I got healing powers that can bring anything living on the verge of death, back to life, three times stronger. I once brought back the class rabbit to life by accident at the age of eight and it went crazy as if I'd given it a sudden 'high'. Everyone freaked out and my real mother had to pull me out of school and drag our selves all the way out to Miami for a fresh start.

No one could know about us. Especially when there were a group of hunters, known as the Silvanos. They were ruthless, they hunted us down like bounty and sold us to the highest bidder that either wanted us for pleasure or dead for our organs.

Unfortunately, my real mother died in a car accident 12 years ago. Rose stepped in, and took charge of me before the authorities could send me of to the foster care system.

My Dad? Well, he left the scene when I was born, so there's really not much to say there.

"Well I didn't get lost today, so that's a plus sign." I answered, earning me a short smile, as she continued on with her paperwork. The school, was like a maze. Luckily the map I received from the reception helped me get by.

There was a sudden thumping sound that rattled through our very thin walls.

'Oh, Mercutio yes...' Moaned a girl.

Here, we go.

I rolled my eyes. There goes that mysterious nymphomaniac neighbour next door again.

"I swear that guy's on Viagra or something."

This is the third time in a row this week, that he's getting in on, and quite frankly it's getting annoying.

Rose laughed at my comment and ticked of some of the bills, she'd recently paid.

"Mom, we seriously need to move out of this place! These walls are thin and 'viagra' guy won't keep it down." Although Rose was not my biological mother, she was the closes thing to a mother I ever had when mine departed. I was never allowed to call her Rose since she literally saw me as her own. Rose had a son, but he was ten years older to me and was a cop in another city.

"Sweetheart, the houses in town are not beyond my pay grade. Besides, this was the most affordable place I could afford and look we have a great view of the mountain, from your balcony room and we get free parking down at the basement of this fine establishment, so I don't know what you're complaining about?"

'Oh, yes Mercutio baby, right there,

**GROWLS**'

Seriously?!

That noise, made me cringe and internally made me scared. He was rather loud today.

I tried not to blush as my adoptive mother nonchalantly ignored the sexual cries next door. As long as the place was affordable and cheep she didn't mind the loud noises.

Other than the mysterious sex hungry guy next door. The only ones we knew in the eight floor apartment building were the Robinsons that lived a floor down from us. They were a nice couple that worked at the local council in town.

Thump//Thump//Thump

We both rolled our eyes finding the sound of the back head board moving against the wall, rather fast.

"Ok, what's with that noise anyways? I thought this place doesn't allow dogs!" I raised my voice, hoping that the lovers next door would keep it down.

'**GROWLS**'

Clearly, I was mistaken.

"Hmm, well perhaps it does now?" Rose laughed finding the response funny, then she switched on the TV to die down their erratic sounds of our horny pants neighbour next door.

'In local news, three bodies were found mauled by the mountain lions again on River Peak mountain, locals and tourists alike are urged not to go hiking up the mountain for some time as the park rangers ―"

Sadly, there had been a rise in animal attacks. Thankfully, non occurred too close to town.

I ignored the rest of the horrid news, and grabbed my brown puffer coat since I couldn't stand the sounds of the erratic lovers next door.

'Oh yes, Mercutio yes baby, right there, don't stop, don't ahhhh! Yes, ahhh!!!' Moaned out the girl making me internally cringe.

I wish we had sound proof walls.

"Katie-cakes where are you going? I thought we were going to watch the latest Scream movie?" Rose asked, knowing how I loved my horror/thriller movies. I was looking forward to movie night with her, but with the mysterious nymphomaniac next door with his usually long, happy hours I didn't wish to stick around. I was tired of wearing my headphones constantly to block the high elated, sexual noises.

"I actually want to check out the library in town, plus I want to get away from that noise, so I'll be home in the next hour or two?"

"Fine, we'll have movie night next Sunday night." She sighed.

Rose got busy, with the bills on the counter, whilst keeping the TV extra loud, to die down the sudden moans and strange growls, next door.

Urgh, what were they, animals?

.

.

.

After catching the bus sixteen stops away from where I lived. The busy town centre came into view. I soon past an alley way and a coffee shop. Turning to my right, I soon came towards the town library building.

The library had a few seniors at one corner, and a few students diligently doing their work at another corner. I roamed about. I loved reading books, and the library had always been my go to area. This library was huge, and quite grand like it had been recently refurbished.

As I walked past the blue walls, I could smell the paint of them.

I smiled venturing deeper.

Soon I found myself in the Mystery thriller zone.

I was scanning what titles to read, when suddenly a title in the far left corner of the shelf, caught my eye.

I went on my tip toes to get it.

"Curses, I'm too short." I whispered to myself.

"Need some help?" Asked a voice from the other end of the shelf.

My head shot towards the male voice. He looked familiar.

"Yes, please?" I said. The boy with pale blue eyes and brown hair made his way down the aisle wearing his highschool jock outfit.

"Which one are you trying to get?" He asked in his friendly tone of voice.

"Oh, this one." I pointed at the title.

"The Beast of Montero." He smirked and pulled it out, then handed it to me, swiftly.

"Thankyou." I smiled, up at him. He seemed to carry an odd, yet pleasant vibe.

"I'm Jason by the way." He introduced, sticking out his hand.

"Katie." I shook his hand, getting a strange vibe from him.

Weird.

Ignore it, there's a forrest at the back of the library, it's probably messing with your Apsara senses.

Apsara?

It's an ancient word for half angel. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a mortal, I bleed. However, I posses high healing abilities and some other powers that I'll get later into. You should know, that I don't have wings, thus the name, Apsara. The one without wings. I hail, from a long line of a 'fallen' angel.

Jason then narrowed his eyes down at me.

"Wait a minute, aren't you the new girl in my bio class?"

So, he did recognise me.

"Yeah."

We soon got to chatting. Jason was not your typical stuck up arrogant jock, like I had encountered so far at my new school. He was rather a down to Earth guy, whom you could have a decent conversation with, without getting hit on.

"So what brings you to the library?"

"My crazy loud neighbours."

"Were they fighting?"

"Not, exactly. My apartment has thin walls and my neighbour can get pretty loud during his, umm..."

"Happy hour?" Jason asked.

I chuckled nodding at him, in a mild embarrassing way.

"Yeah, he was making these weird noises to that got to me so."

"I understand what you mean, I have the same problem with mine, especially during the full moon nights." He sighed.

We soon sat down at a nearby table and he pulled his homework out. I soon started to read my book that he helped me pull out.

"The Beast of Montero is about a werewolf?" I spoke to myself finding the book cover interesting, with a images of three black wolves in the front with blue glowing eyes.

"Let me guess, you're a Twilight fan?"

"Aren't we all?"

Jason huffed and grinned finding that amusing as he carried on with his work, without looking up.

"You have no idea." He muttered under his breath.

"What?"

"Nothing." He replied solving some quick math questions.

I dived back into my book and started reading. Secretly wishing that this was a better story than Twilight.

'The phenomenon, started eight hundred years ago, when they came to our town. No one knows what the identity of the beast looks like, but some say, he is the spawn of the devil himself. The beast thirst for blood and is always on the hunt to find his other half...'

A little while later, Jason got a call on his phone.

"Yeah? Ok. I'm on my way." He spoke answering it quickly. I watched him pack up his bag and got up to his 6ft2 height. He seemed like a rather well built guy judging by his attire he wore. Infact, he looked to have more muscle than my ex nerdy John ever did.

"I'll see you around Twilight."

"Sure, thing Jacob." I teased with my nose deep into my book.

"Hey, that's Jason to you."

"Whatever you say...Jacob. I mean Jason." I quickly corrected making him grin, and then walked away with him shaking his head at me.

After he was gone, I became extremely interested in the book he helped me pick out.

Apparently, there was a phenomenon in town, each Halloween night, there emerged a powerful werewolf out of the Silverwood forest. He would come out each Halloween night, and make a girl a target for a whole week.

The book described this werewolf as a spawn of satan. He could manipulate and hypnotise you with his eyes. More over he had the power to make you freeze and seduce you in ways you'd never been before.

Each year a girl between the age of sixteen to twenty-five would get kidnapped.

The only way to keep the beast away was by ―

The sound of the librarian sounding her bell came around, making me snap my attention away from my book.

"Closing time folks." She said making her way round the zones.

.

.

.

Hi guys, thoughts so far?

Don't be a ghost reader and don't forget to vote.

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480 36 27
Everly Peters is an ordinary girl, or so she thinks. After the death of her father she learns that she is a werewolf, but the only one in her family...
8.8K 379 51
After Elizabeth Ronnie Swan watches her mother sacrifice herself for the safety of her five year old daughter, Ellie suddenly finds herself being car...
28.8M 881K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...