Teenage Calamity ━━ MAYFIELD

Oleh -pastelmic-

❝the lights spark and flicker, with monsters much bigger, than I can control now❞ Or where, Violet Harrington... Lebih Banyak

TEENAGE CALAMITY
ACT ONE
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
ACT TWO
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
ACT THREE
032
033
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
This Might Not Be The End
046
ACT FOUR; IF WE HAVE EACH OTHER
047

034

456 10 0
Oleh -pastelmic-

Chapter Thirty Four:
"Forget the rules."

VIOLET wakes up before Steve leaves for work today. She walks to his door and asks him if they could make breakfast together, since they didn't get the chance last night from her coming home too exhausted from her busy day. Steve sent her a sleepy smile and tells her to let him change first, then he comes down the stairs and meets her in the Kitchen to pick a meal to cook.

They settled on making homemade biscuits, turkey bacon, and apple cinnamon oatmeal. Steve worked on the bacon because the thought of dealing with popping oil scares the shit out of her, and she buttered the biscuits and stirred the oatmeal while the oats boiled in the pot.

When they finish making their food they grab plates, bowls, and fill their glasses with apple juice. Then they meet at the dining table, sitting in the chairs right across from each other, just like they always do.

"So, how did yesterday go?" Steve asked, pulling his biscuit apart.

"It was actually pretty good." Violet replied, pouring a small cup of brown sugar into her oatmeal. "We did have a small incident though."

Steve arched a concerned brow, "There was an incident?"

"Yeah." She stirs her spoon in the bowl and watched the steam lift in the air from the oatmeal. "Me and El had a plan to surprise him, but instead we ended up scaring the living daylights out of him."

Steve's features etched in confusion, "What the hell did you two do?"

"Well..." She trails off, a guilty look crossing her face. "We may or may not have made all of his toys move on their own, leading him to the Living Room where we were gonna jump out and surprise him."

"Tink!" Steve groans exasperatedly, dropping his head into his hands.

"I know!" She whines dramatically, "It was a horrible idea, me and El weren't thinking."

Steve shakes his head as he picks up a slice of bacon, "Shit, poor kid. You guys definitely scared him. He probably thought it was the Upside Down or something like that."

Violet nods, sinking in her seat a little. "You hit the nail on the head, he was terrified. So terrified that he used a can of Farrah Fawcett as a weapon and sprayed it right in Lucas' face."

Steve's eyes grew, and his jaw hung open. "Oh, my god! Is-Is he okay?" He asked worriedly, his motherly instincts coming to the surface.

"Yes, of course." Violet assured him, making him visibly relax as a sigh of relief tumbled from his lips. "I made sure of it, he rinsed his eyes out good enough for the burning to stop. He didn't complain anymore, so I'm assuming that he's fine."

Steve nods, chewing his bacon as she takes in a mouthful of oatmeal. "So, I'm assuming the rest of the day went okay? No more hiccups?"

She takes a moment to swallow, then she shook her head. "Uh, no, not really." Steve frowns at this, but she goes on. "Mike and El ditched us, Dustin dragged us up a hill to the highest peak of Hawkins to talk to his girlfriend-"

"-Wait a minute!" Steve's eyes widened, he leans forward eagerly. "Dustin has a girlfriend?"

"Mhmm." She nodded slowly, "Her name is Suzie, with a Z. I guess he met her at camp, said she's hotter than Phoebe Cates, which is absolutely-"

"-Impossible." Steve shakes his head, disbelief clear on his face as Violet snorted. "No fucking way."

"My point exactly." Violet replied, taking a bite of her turkey bacon.

"So did you guys talk to her?" Steve asked, brows raised curiously. "Or was that the hiccup?"

"That was the hiccup." She affirms, "We got to the highest peak, built the radio tower, and then he spent hours trying to get ahold of her. She never answered him, and the entire night was kind of wasted on him trying to talk to Suzie."

Steve frowns, "Damn, that sucks. I'm sorry about that, Tink."

Violet shrugged, "I'm fine. I just feel bad for Dustin, because now Lucas, Will, and probably Max think that he made her up." Her lips curled down as she lazily spooned some oatmeal, "I don't wanna think he's lying, I want to believe him. But... it's weird that she never answered."

"Huh." He utters softly, a thoughtful look crossing his features. "You think there's a chance he might have lied? I mean, with you and Max and El and Mike, maybe he felt like he needed to prove that he could find someone too?"

"I hope not, friends don't lie." She responds, her frown deepening as she dipped a ripped off piece of her biscuit into the pool of maple syrup on her plate. "He doesn't have to prove anything to us."

"Well, hopefully I'm wrong and the little dude really found someone for himself." Steve shrugs his shoulders, "It could've just been a really bad night or something. Maybe he'll try again and she'll pick up."

Violet nodded, finishing up her slice of bacon as she swallowed. "Yeah, maybe. But I am not going back up that hill again."

Steve chuckles softly, "I don't blame you. I know that hill, it's steep as hell. I don't know how you kids were able to climb that, then build a godamn radio tower right after."

Violet sighs heavily, just thinking about that hill was exhausting. "Yeah, he really put us all through the wringer yesterday."

"Well, you got any plans today or are you just gonna stay home and have a lazy day in?" Steve asked.

"I actually have plans today." Violet smiles softly, toying with her last spoonful of oatmeal. "Hanging out with Max, a little date. I don't know if it's gonna be here or at her place, she said she'd walkie me-"

"Hey Vi, it's Max, do you copy?" Max's voice came through the walkie that's sat upon the kitchen counter.

Steve snorted, shooting her a teasing look. "I was wondering why you had that with you."

Violet rolls her eyes as she gets up and walks to the counter, she picks up the walkie and held down the side button. "Hi, Max. I copy. What's the verdict, my place or yours?"

"Billy must've left for work early, he's not here." She explains, bringing a smile to Violet's lips. "So, how does a skateboard lesson date sound?"

Violet's smile only widens, "That sounds perfect."

"Awesome, can't wait." Max expressed, She could hear the happiness in her tone even over the walkie, she could visualize the smile on her face so clearly. The image made her heart soar. "I'll see you soon, Vi."

Violet nodded, "See you soon, Max. Over and out." She pulls down the antenna and turned off the walkie, then she walks back over to the table to face her brother. "Sorry, I know I was the one who wanted to have a nice breakfast with you but-"

"-Tink." Steve shook his head, a small smile lingering on his lips. "I get it. You had a day planned with your girlfriend. We can have a nice meal anytime, okay?"

Violet smiled gratefully, "Thank you for understanding."

Steve nodded, "Of course, now go. She sounds very excited to see you, so don't keep her waiting."

Her smile widens as she rushed over to him, she wraps her arms around his shoulders from behind and smacks a quick kiss on his cheek. "You're the best brother ever."

Steve shrugs, "Meh, I try. I've got your plate, go ahead and get ready." He gently pats her arm, peering over his shoulder as he smiles fondly. "Have a nice day, kiddo."

"You too." She released him and turns on her heel, making her way out of the kitchen. "Oh!" She pokes her head around the threshold, Steve turns to her as he's stood picking up their plates. "Make sure to tell Robin that I said hi, okay?"

Steve snickers as he shook his head, "You really have a thing for her."

Her eyes rolled skyward, "You know what, I take it back." She turns and made her way up the stairs, "I hope you slip on a puddle of ice cream and break your neck!"

Steve released a boisterous laugh, "Love you too, Tink!"

She wandered into her room and made a beeline for her closet, she opens it up and concentrates as she pushed the hangers with her eyes movements. She goes through tops and bottoms combinations until she lands on two articles of clothing, a multicolored striped short sleeved button up shirt, and blue denim shorts to match.

A smile came to her lips as she moved the articles of clothing mid-air with an outstretched hand, she drops them to her bed as she released her focus. She walks over to the bed and takes them in her hands, and since she took a shower the night before -because she smelled like outside and it was disgusting- and that morning, all she had to do was switch out her pj's and change her clothes.

She stripped her pj's from her body, and pulls her arms through the short sleeve button up shirt. She buttons up the shirt from top to mid bottom, then she ties the ends into a neat knot. She grabs the denim shorts and puts her legs through them, then she buttons and zips them. She makes a beeline for her line of shoes, and she grabs her blue Chucks and sits on the edge of her bed as she shoved them onto her feet.

She laced up the sneakers and stood up to walk to her dresser, she grabs her sunscreen lotion and lathered her arms and legs for precaution. Next, she takes her vanilla scented perfume and gives herself a few spritz, then she rolls on deodorant, and she wanders out of her room and made her way to the bathroom. She walks inside and immediately goes for her paddle brush, starting to brush out the tangles in her hair.

Once her hair is soft and silky, she pulls at the hairtie around her wrist and ties her hair in a high-ponytail. She opens up her drawer and grabs a blue bandanna to match her shoes, she folds it up and ties it around her hairline like a headband. Soon after she grabs her toothbrush and paste and gets to work on scrubbing her teeth clean, then once she spits out the foam and swirls down the sink she pulls out her floss stick and makes quick work of cleaning.

She turns out the light as she made her way out, and she goes back to her room and picks up her rucksack bag that's hanging off the back her desk chair. She opened up the bag and grabs her walkie that's charging on the table, she stuffs it inside before buttons it up and hikes the bag up her shoulder. She turns out the light in her room and swings her arm back to close her door, then she rushed down the stairs and makes her way towards the foyer.

She turns to the steps, looking up at her brother's closed bedroom door. "I'm gone, Steve! See you later!"

"Have fun, kiddo!" Steve replied, his voice slightly muffled through the bedroom door.

With that she opens the front door, closing it behind her as the warm summer sun of Hawkins bathes her skin as she walks outside. She goes down the small set of steps and made her way towards her bike, she grabs the cycle and climbs onto it, then she leans up and pedals her way down the driveway.

She breezed passed the Loch Nora streets, passing by huge homes and families having cookouts in the front yard. Then soon she made it out of the wealthy neighborhood and pedaled in the direction of Max's house up Old Cherry Road.

☆☆☆

VIOLET and Max had both been hanging out outside for a couple of hours, the raven-haired and ginger duo laughing, giggling, and falling off her skateboard and getting back up again. Surprisingly, she had been improving her skating skills thanks to Max's lessons. She had even been thinking of asking Steve to give she and Max a ride out of Hawkins to Indianapolis to get one.

"Okay, okay." Violet sobers up from her giggles, picking up the board and placing it on the ground. "I'm gonna try something, because thanks to your amazing teaching lessons I have pretty much mastered the basis of skating. But I want to try it... using with my telekinetic abilities."

Max's brows raise in intrigue, "Okay, now that I have to see."

"Yeah?" Violet grinned as Max nods eagerly, "Cool, okay. Uh, watch my back and let me know if you see anyone, okay?"

Max nodded quickly, "Of course, yeah." She looks around and scans the area of the street, then she gives her knowing look and nod. "You're good to go, I promise."

Violet placed her feet on the board, getting a good stance as she found her balance. Then she points her palm facing down as she calls to her power, as she focused on the board she feels it lifting up from the ground beneath her, slowly levitating as she keeps her footing as it rises.

"Oh, my god." Max utters softly, her words filled with marvel.

Violet glimpsed over, she grins at her girlfriend. "Pretty cool, huh?"

"Cool?" Max scoffs in light disbelief, "Cool is an understatement. Vi, this is incredible! You are... incredible."

"Thanks." Violet replies softly, her skin blooming a soft red. "Hang on, let me see if I can turn it."

"Okay." Max nodded fast, taking a quick look around. "You're still good, there's no one out here."

"Copy that." She murmurs, keeping her focus as she twitched her fingers the slightest bit experimentally.

The board beneath her feet slowly but surely began to spin, turning in one direction as she kept her footing on the skateboard. She peered up to see Max's reaction, but the second she does she sees someone standing just a feet infront of them. Her eyes widen and she gasped in shock and unintentionally loses her focus, next she goes tumbling off the board and her backside hits the pavement as the board rolls down the street.

"Shit, are you okay?" Max asked, kneeling down beside her with eyes filled with concern.

Violet nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just... I saw someone." She looks up ahead and sees the person pick up the board and walk over, it's only when she's recovered from her fall that she realizes who it is. Her head tilts as her brows furrowed, "El?"

"Here, get up." Max offered her hand as she stood up, Violet slips her palm into hers and the ginger pulls her up to her feet beside her.

El crossed over to them, holding the board out for Max to take. "Hi."

Max's brows knitted, nonetheless she takes the board in her hand. "Hi?"

"Hey, El?" Violet raised her brows, confused by her appearance. "What are you doing here?"

"Can we... talk?" El asked them, somewhat timidly.

Max and Violet shared a quick look, then they turned back to El.

"Uh, yeah, sure." Max muttered, glancing back at her house. "Uhm, just follow me."

The two psionic girls trail behind Max as she made her way towards the porch steps of her house, she opened the front door and they walked past the threshold before she shut the door. She led them through the front room and towards her bedroom, as soon as they arrive Violet climbed onto her girlfriend's bed and lays on her stomach as she faced the ginger and brunette duo.

"So..." She props her cheek on her palm, her brows raise. "What did you wanna talk about?"

El goes into a long rant, she paces Max's hardwood floors as she explains what happened between her and Mike. Apparently, the two of them were supposed to spend the day together but Mike was late. Which Violet found odd considering he was only ever late when it came to the party when he was with El, so this was intriguing to her.

She called the Wheeler's place to get ahold of Mike, and she said that he told her that his nana was very sick, even thought Hopper told her that his nana was fine. At first Violet didn't understand the problem, but that was until El exposed that his mom had picked up the phone and had no idea what he was talking about. She also said Mike was yelling at her to get off the phone, and now El thinks he's lying to her.

And well, yeah, it sounds like Mike was definitely lying to her. Looks like their sickeningly sweet honeymoon phase was coming to an end.

"And then he said he- he missed me. And then he just hung up." El finished explaining, looking at Violet and Max for their thoughts.

"Okay, well." Violet sighed heavily, "I think he definitely lied to you, El. That I'm certain of."

Max nods in agreement, pacing the wood floors. "He's a piece of shit."

El frowns, "What?"

"Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick." Max replied fiercely.

Violet nodded, "Yeah, his mother's reaction on the other line really gave that away." She glanced down at her chipped black nail polish, "Thank you, Mama Wheeler."

Max snapped her fingers as her eyes grew with realization, "I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now."

Violet snorts, "Oh, most definitely." She climbed off the bed and walked around it, moving to stand alongside her girlfriend.

El leans forward, her doe eyes switching between the two. "But friends don't lie."

Max scoffs, "Yeah, well, boyfriends lie. All. The. Time."

Violet shrugged, "I wouldn't know, Max is my first relationship and I've got nothing to hide from her." She looks into her blue eyes fondly, "You know all my secrets, M."

Max's freckled skin bloomed red as she rolls her eyes, "Stop making me soft, V. I'm trying to be mad at Mike to empower Eleven."

Violet grins, raising her hands in surrender. "Sorry, proceed."

Max shook her head as she quickly regains her focus, she grabs Violet's hand and leads her to the bed where the two girls sit down. "You're going to stop calling him. You're going to ignore his calls. As far as you're concerned, he doesn't exist."

El's brows wrinkled, she leans forward. "Doesn't exist?"

Violet nods, "No communication, he's dead to you."

El's doe eyes widened, "Dead?"

"Not literally." Violet quickly corrects herself, "Just... pretend."

"Mm-hmm." Max hummed in agreement, "He treated you like garbage. You're gonna treat him like garbage. Give him a taste of his own medicine."

El nodded slowly at Max, "Give him the medicine."

"And if he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself, dump his ass." Max declared, then she quickly stood up and grabs both El and Violet's hand. "Come on."

El's brows furrowed in question, "Where are we going?"

"Yeah, what do you have in mind, M?" Violet inquired, her brows raising curiously.

Max grins, "To have some fun." She pulls both the girls along, "Me and Vi are gonna show you that there's more to life than stupid boys."

"Oh, I am so in." Violet beamed giddily as she laced her fingers with Max's, she follows her out of the home as El trailed close behind.

She snatched up her bag from where she left it outside, and the trio walk down the street to the nearest bus stop. It didn't take long before one did come, they climbed up the stairs and Violet pays bus fair for the three of them. They eased through the aisles and found a three seater, then they sit down as the bus pulled off and headed down the road.

Destination: Starcourt Mall.

☆☆☆

AFTER about a ten minute drive they arrive at the mall, the vehicle comes to a halt and the bus doors open up as the passengers stand up and begin go make their way off the bus. The trio of brunette, ginger, and raven-haired girls link arms and rush off the bus with an air of giddiness as their sneakered feet hit the pavement.

"So, what do you think?" Max asked El, looking over at the brunette to see her reaction to the mall stood tall before them.

El's eyes flickered nervously around their surroundings, there was an unsure look set upon her face as she turns back to Violet and Max.

Violet frowned, nudging her slightly. "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, El, what's wrong?" Max queries, concern crossing over her freckled features.

El shook her head, gulping visibly. "Too many people. Against the rules."

Violet snickers, "Okay, El." She then moves to stand infront of her, and she grabs hold of her shoulders. "Just forget the rules for today, okay? You deserve this- No, scratch that." She shook her head, gazing right into her big brown doe eyes. "You need this."

Max nodded eagerly in agreement, "She's right, El." She leans her elbow on Violet's shoulder as a mischievous grin pulls at her lips, "What's the worse that could happen?"

Together the trio rush inside of StarCourt Mall, Max and Violet's hands are grasping El's palm as they lead her through the front entrance, down the escalator, and finally to the bottom floor hub of the mall. The velvet eyed girl watched intently as El's doe eyes wandered the building, her gaze wide and curious as her lips fell open in awe.

Violet smiles softly, "Like what you see, El?"

El nods absently, not being able to tear her eyes away from the sights around her. "Am I... dreaming?" At that question, Violet feels she has no choice but to pinch her arm. "Ow!" The brunette yelps, her eyes narrow at the raven-haired girl who giggles.

"You're not dreaming, El." Violet assured happily, "You're really here."

"So, what should we do first?" Max questions, her blue eyed gaze falls on El who sends her a wide eyed and clueless look. The ginger's head tilts as a brief laugh leaves her lips, "You've never been shopping before, have you?"

El simply shook her head.

"This is your first time, so we have to make it count." Violet glanced over at her girlfriend, her brows raise in question. "What do you say, Max? What should we do?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Max grinned as she met her eyes, "We go to our favorite stores, and we try everything."

A wide and giddy smile grows on Violet's lips, "Let's do this." Max leads the way as she runs through the mall, her red VANS foot trails sending them right to one of Violet's favorite places to shop in the mall.

The Gap.

As soon as they entered she heard the familiar tune of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper playing from the store's speakers overhead, she murmurs the lyrics as she bopped her head to the beat while El made her rounds through the store.

After looking at her fair share of outfits on The Gap's many clothing racks, El stops at an outfit display table, her wide eyed gaze lingers on the dark blue fabric on the mannequin. Violet and Max share a look, then they stand at her side as they watch her at the beginnings of finding herself in her style.

It was about damn time they get her out of Hopper's hand-me-downs.

"Do you like that, El?" Violet softly asks.

El turns to her, brows furrowed in puzzlement. "How do I know... what I like?"

Max shrugged as she looks at the display, "You just try things on." She looks back at El, sending her a gentle glance. "Until you find something that feels like you."

El's head tilts, "Like me?"

"Yeah." Violet nodded, "Something that makes you happy, something that screams, ''I am El''.

"Not Hopper. Not Mike. You." Max declares.

"So." Violet clapped once as a giddy smiles pulls at her lips, "Let's get to it."

Violet spent the next hour and a half smiling and laughing so big and hard that her face was physically aching. She was having what was probably the best time of her entire life, she and Max really should have gotten El out of Hopper's Cabin and to Star Court Mall earlier.

It was such a heart warming sight seeing El so happy for once in her life, all Violet had ever wanted was for her to have a shot at feeling like a normal teenage girl. And right now, she had that, even if would only last for a few short hours.

It was worth it to see her genuinely happy.

She was changing from outfit to outfit, smiling and giggling at herself in the mirror as she went to-and-fro grabbing something new from every clothes rack. Violet and Max accompanied her side, rushing over with different hats for her to try, sunglasses, and other accessories to go with the outfits that El had picked out for herself.

Eventually El had practically gone through every outfit in the store, and while she liked a select few outfits, she still didn't feel like she had found herself in one quite yet, so while she changed into her final outfit Violet and Max grab two pairs of sunglasses for themselves, red ones for Max and purple for herself.

The duo put the accessories on their faces, and they pose and make faces in the mirror as they wrap their arms around each other's shoulders and giggle blissfully. As they admire their own reflections, just behind them El comes out of the dressing room with her final outfit, Violet's jaw just about hits the floor.

The outfit she's wearing is a black romper, it's got a wild, flashy, and so in-your-face geometric multicolored design scattered along the fabric. Giving the outfit life. This last outfit is definitely Violet's top favorite out of all the picks from before, this outfit just screams "This is El."

She and Max swiftly back away from the mirror and watch as El walks forward with an air of confidence, the ginger and raven-haired duo nudge each other excitedly as they observe. El dips her head down to fix her hair, then the second she lifts her head back up her chestnut waves are swept to the side as she rakes her fingers through the luscious strands.

She. Looks. Amazing.

El wastes no time as she drags Violet and Max to the register, the two of them pay for the pairs of sunglasses for themselves. Then the nice lady at the Cashwrap counter allows El to keep the romper on, and she scans the tag before cutting it off for her.

And once the purchase is complete, along with the other two outfits that El liked being handed to the cashier, Violet offers to carry El's hand-me-downs in her bag. She quickly stuffs them in her bag before they go.

They exit The Gap with wide and satisfied smiles on their faces, and they make their way through the crowd with their arms linked as they head to the next place that Max had in mind for the three of them.

Flash Studio.

It was a fun photography studio where you dress up in ridiculously overpriced outfits and pose infront of a camera, she had been here with Max a couple of times when the mall had first opened, she has a copy of their photos they took together in a frame on her beside table.

Looks like she was gonna get some more photos today, but this time El was here with them. She'd always wanted to come here with her, she didn't have any actual photo evidence of having actual fun with El, Flash Studio was the perfect way to make a memory like today.

One that she would never forget.

The trio rushed about the studio pulling outfits on and off the racks, they'd make quick changes through each fabric and make their way back to the professional photographer. They'd pose like super models infront of the colorful backdrops behind them, all the while they were giggling, smiling, and having the best time of their lives as time flew by.

When the photoshoot comes to an end, Violet and Max pitch in and pay the photographer. He sends them off with photo strips of their pictures, a friendly wave and smile, and they leave the store admiring the pictures from their photoshoot as they head off to the next store.

Kauffman Shoes.

The idea wasn't to buy anything from the store, Violet and Max just figured it would be best for El to have the full experience of being a teenage girl. And what do all teenage girls have to suffer through in their transition to womanhood? Walking in a pair of high heels.

Now, Violet detests high heels, Max does too. But did El hate them? It was time to find out.

She and Max picked out a pair of heels in her size with a near identical geometric pattern like her romper, they hand the box of shoes to El who sat down on a bench as she pries off her sneakers but leaves her socks on her feet.

She opens up the box with the heels inside, her doe eyes widen as she takes the heel in her hand, then her finger pokes at the sharp heel edge as she raises her brows at Violet and Max. The duo nod encouragingly from where they stand infront of her, she decidedly trusts their judgement as she puts on the heels.

Violet and Max quickly help her stand, they each grab one of El's hands as she attempts to walk in the high heels. Her ankles waver and nearly buckle as she goes, but there's a wide and gleeful smile curled on her lips as she tries her absolute best. She was doing a hell of a lot better than Violet did on her first try.

Especially since Violet took one step and instantly decided to never wear heels again, her mother was not at all happy with that decision.

El took a few more steps, then finally her ankles give in and she goes tumbling to the carpet. The trio giggle loudly and unabashed, the two girls offering their hands to help her up as they ask if she's okay throughout their laughter. As they help pull El back up Violet catches the eye of a few girls from their grade who were inside the store, their gazes are cold and nothing short of judgmental as they watch them, looking down on their shenanigans.

Violet scoffed, as if they've never done this before.

Nonetheless, they were not gonna let stuck up girls ruin their teenage fun. And so, they made sure to laugh even louder the entire time they were in the store. Because fuck what those girls have to say about them. Eventually the girls got annoyed and made their way out of the store, so what did Violet, Max, and El do?

They secretly followed the group of girls to wherever they were going, which just so happened to be the food court.

They stood behind a cylinder pillar as the group of girls had a meet up with a couple of guys and got themselves drinks, the trio were hiding in wait with a plan brewing. They weren't gonna let those girls get away with what they did, they were just having fun in the store. Who the hell were they to look at them like that? As if they were gum at the bottom of their shoes?

It was time for some payback.

Violet and El met eyes for a moment, nodding knowingly before turning their gazes to their chosen targets of the girls in the group. There were two girls in specific that gave the trio the nastiest and coldest looks, one with tawny curls, and the other with raven-haired curls.

She got one and El got the other, and with just a little concentration and just the right amount of revenge driven motivation, the drinks in the girl's hands exploded, splattering all over them as well as their friends as shocked gasps escape from their lips.

Violet cackles unabashedly, "Clean up on aisle six."

"Come on!" Max rushed out through her giggles, pulling at Violet's hand as she drags both she and El from the scene of the prank. "See? What'd we tell you? There's more to life than a stupid boy."

Violet snorted, "Especially a stupid boy like Mike Wheeler."

El chuckles as she nods, "You were right." She pushes a strand of hair behind her ear as her eyes scan the establishments of the food court, "Can we eat?"

Violet nods, "Sure, what are you hungry for?"

When the question leaves her lips a group of kids make their way past them, each of their hands holding a cone of ice cream from Scoops Ahoy. El's doe eyes linger on the delicious cold treats, then she looks back towards Violet and Max. "I want that."

Max smiles, "Okay, let's go get you some ice cream then."

The trio head to over to Scoops Ahoy, when they walk inside a customer is just leaving which makes them next in line. Violet rings the bell obnoxiously, Steve glares at her before taking the bell from underneath her palm, making it meet the countertop.

"I'm right here, you little shit." Steve states with a hint of annoyance, his brows raise as his gaze lingers on the three of them. "Are you here to annoy me or do you actually want ice cream?"

"It's your lucky day, Stevie." Violet flashed him a smile, "We're here for your Scoops Ahoy services."

"Great." Steve nods, pushing himself off the counter and making his way to the batch freezer. "Would you like your orders in a cup or cone?"

"Cup." Violet answered, peering back towards El and Max. "What do you guys want?"

"Cone." Max replies.

El shrugged, blinking owlishly at Max. "You pick."

Max nodded as she turns to Steve, "Cone for her, too."

"Got it." Steve murmured as she picks up the cup first, "I already know what you want, Tink." He pulls out a scooper and digs into the flavor of USS Butterscotch, then he hands the cup to her when he finished with the scoop. "Just how you like it."

Violet grabs herself a short spoon and takes her cup of icecream, "Thanks, Stevie."

She places her cup on the counter and pulls out her wallet to pay with cash, her brother makes Max and El's orders while she pulls out the correct amount of change to pay for Max and El's icecream cones.

Suddenly the glass pane window behind her brother slides open, Violet's eyes go wide and her coins fall freely from her grasp, they clatter loudly on the counter as Robin Buckley poked her head through the glass paned window.

Violet never fails to be stunned by her, Robin is just so damn pretty.

"We've got our first sentence." Robin alerts her brother.

"Oh, seriously?" Steve asked, he spun back and walked over to her with El and Max's completed ice cream orders still in his hands.

"Yeah." Robin confirmed, "The week is long." Violet's brows wrinkled as she picks up her mess of coins, was she using a Russian accent? What the hell are they doing back there?

"Well, that's thrilling." Her brother replied, sounding a tad bummed out.

"I know. But, progress." Robin goes to close the window, then her brows raised when she looks over at the trio at the counter. "Oh, hey Violet." Her gaze narrowed in concentration when she looked at Max, "And you're... Max, right?"

Max's cheeks flushed just a bit, she nods her head "Y-Yeah, that's right."

"Cool, who's your friend?" Robin questions, her blue eyes falling on El. "Another one of Steve's children I have yet to meet?"

"I'm El." The chestnut brunette poke up, introducing herself.

"I'm Robin." The freckled blonde smiles, "It was nice to meet you, El." She turns her gaze back to Steve, lifiting a pointed brow. "Serve them their order already, dingus. Their ice cream's gonna melt." And with that being said, she closed the window and disappears behind it.

"She told you." Violet snickers, eating some ice cream off her spoon.

"Shut up." Steve rolls his eyes, "Anyway, here you go, you got a strawberry and then a vanilla with sprinkles, extra whipped cream."

He hands off the cones to the ginger and brunette, "Thanks." Max and El echoed.

Violet hands him the cash and coins, "Here you go, big brother. Keep the change, and give it to Robin for tips."

Steve snorted as he takes the money, "Whatever, Tink." He puts the money inside the register and closes it up before dropping the change in the tip jar, then he looks at the trio and his brows knit together as his eyes land on El. "Wait. Are you even allowed to be here?"

"What?" Violet's brows raised, "You gonna go snitching to Hopper?"

"And have you throw my ass across a room?" Steve scoffed, "Yeah, that'll be a no."

Violet grinned, "You keep those lips sealed, Stevie." She sends him a two fingered salute as Max tugs her arm to leave, "I'll see you at home!"

"Make good choices!" Steve shouts after her, as she rushed out with El and Max.

Max snorted as she licked her ice cream, "A little late for that."

Violet shrugs as she took in a spoonful of hers, "It was rightfully deserved." She glanced down at her watch and realized the time, "Shit, we gotta get going. The bus will be coming sometime soon."

Max nodded, "Okay." She quickly turns to El who's got whipped cream on her upper lip, she chuckles sofly at the brunette girl. "Did you have a good day, El?"

"Mm-hm." El nods eagerly, a gleeful smile lights up her face. "The best."

Violet smiles, "Good, I'm glad we brought you here."

The trio walk out the doors of the mall, ice cream in hand and giddy and satisfied smiles on their faces.

As the doors close behind them Max turns to Violet, offering her cone of strawberry ice cream to her. "You wanna trade?"

Violet shrugs, "Sure." She offers her cup to her girlfriend, and they trade off their cold treats to have a taste of each other's ice cream.

Before Max can pick up the small spoon to give hers a try, she halted in her steps as her ocean blue eyes land and harden on something or someone nearby. She scoffs annoyedly, "Oh, you have gotta be shitting me."

"What's wrong?" Violet asked, she frowns in confusion as she looks at her girlfriend. Max points her digit to what she sees and she followed where her finger leads, then her gaze falls upon the all too familiar group of boys by the bike racks. "Oh."

Violet's velvet browns glared daggers into the side of Mike Wheeler's head, she already knew he was lying about his nana being sick, but actually having the confirmation pissed her off just a tad bit more.

Max lead the way as they stormed over towards the boys, the trio stops right infront of them as the boys hold their bikes in their grips. "Isn't this a nice surprise." The freckled girl declares, grabbing the three boy's attention as they looked up and noticed the trio's presence.

Mike's coffee brown eyes grow the size of plate saucers, his bikes falls to the pavement as his grip goes slack. "What are you doing here?"

"Shopping." El replied.

"This is her new style." Max states, sparing El a quick glance.

"What do you think about it, Mike?" Violet asked, quirking a pointed brow at the boy as she took a lick of Max's strawberry icecream.

Mike's eyes narrowed at them, "What the hell is wrong with you two? You know she's not allowed to be here." His gaze hardens as his eyes fall upon Violet, "Especially you, Vi. You know that better than all of us."

Violet rolled her eyes, "Whatever, Mike. She'd been cooped up in that damn cabin with you and Hopper for too damn long. She needed this, she deserves her independence."

Max nodded in agreement, "What? You against her finding herself, Mike?" Her thin brows raise high, "She your little pet or some shit?"

"Yeah." El agreed alongside her, she swiftly moves her doe eyed gaze in his direction. "Am I your pet?"

Mike's eyes grew wide, his pale skin blooming a harsh and sheepish shade of crimson. "What? No!

"Then why do you treat me like garbage?" El accused.

"What?" Mike questions, confusion written across his features.

"You said nana was sick." El stated.

"She is." Mike spits out quickly, not sounding convincing at all. "She is sick." He repeated, glancing over at Lucas for help.

"Yeah, sick- she's sick." Lucas jumps in, but he doesn't sound any more convincing than Mike does. "She's super sick."

Violet scoffed as she licks at the icecream cone again, "You guys are horrible liars, just saying."

"We're not lying!" Mike exclaims, his voice raising an octave. Just like a liar would. "She is sick!"

Violet glanced over at Will who's silently watching the entire exchange crash and burn, she already knows they're lying just from his refusal to help Mike keep up the lie.

"That's why we're here, actually." Lucas says, trying -and failing- to convince the trio before them.

"We're shopping. Not for us, but for Nana." Mike explains frantically, glancing over at Lucas.

Lucas nods sharply, "For Nana."

Violet and Max share a deadpanned look, they're not falling for this.

Nonetheless, Mike keeps talking as he digs his own grave. "Also, we're here to get a gift for you. Just, we couldn't find anything that suited you and I only have like, $3.50, so it's hard."

"Super hard." Lucas frowns, "It's- it's expensive."

Violet glanced at El to see how she was taking all of this, by the look of anger and hurt scrawled across her features... she didn't seem to be falling for Mike's bullshit attempt at an explanation either.

El steps forward with conviction, "You lie. Why do you lie?" She asks the Wheeler boy, who stands there with his lips parted, but no words leave his lips and the only sound that can be heard is the bus coming to a halt just behind them.

Her attention lingers back on the bus for a few moments, then she turns back to Mike and takes a few steps towards him till they're face to face with minimal space between the two of them.

El looks him dead in the eyes, her doe eyed gaze narrowing angrily. "I dump your ass." She proclaims confidently, her tone cold as ice.

Violet and Max share a wide eyed and jaw dropping look, El spins on her heel and storms off leaving Mike completely and totally baffled by what just happened. The ginger and raven-haired duo quickly rush off towards the bus where El is headed, their arms are linked as they climb up the steps of the vehicle and find a three seater to sit together.

Once they sit down with Violet in the window seat, she and Max raise up their hands and El giggles as she high fives the two girls one by one. Shortly after the bus' engine turned over, then the vehicle pulls off and begins to makes it's way out of Star Court Mall's parking lot.

-micaela speaks

Yo !

This chapter was a lot longer than I anticipated, but you know what? I don't care. I got the whole shopping episode done and I'm proud.

Uhm, I don't really have anything else to say, it's almost 12am and I'm currently rewatching the show Lucifer for the like... 20th time.

I'm bored and I have nothing else to watch, I previously tried Shameless but my intrusive thoughts were not having that, and I really don't feel like being triggered more than I normally am all the time.

So yeah.

I'm watching Lucifer instead, for my own sanity.

But anywhoosie, I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter and I will see you all in the next one !!

Byeeee <3

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

89.3K 1.7K 21
Jamie 'Stiles' Harrington. Younger sister of Steve Harrington. She was well known by everyone in Hawkins. some would say she's a trouble maker. After...
1.1M 37.9K 84
"Hey, Harrington?" "Yeah, Mayfield?" Nora feels breathless. "You talk too much." stranger things seasons 2-4 max mayfield x fem oc #1 in maxmayfield...
51.9K 956 55
𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐚𝐝𝐣.) 𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐫... 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚...
31.6K 686 41
A story about a girl named Wendy Darling Harrington who experiences one of her best friends ending up missing, a strange girl with telekinetic powers...