The Dark World

By Nash_Books

Every year they came for me. Whether I am on a train or in the middle of a fair. A movie night with friends o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 5

39 9 2
By Nash_Books

April

It was late afternoon in New York City. The sky was turning in the colours of gold as I sat inside my car, way to Chinatown.

I pass streets that were busy with skaters spray painting the walls. I wonder how free that must have felt to just wander across the streets hanging out with your friends. I wish I could go and have fun like them.

Instead, I am here inside my car sitting with Mason and going to a fucking meeting. It's sucks, I know.

"Can you stop smoking in the car?" I yelled at him.

"No", He said without looking at me. "But you are welcome to join me."

I shook my head. He never listens to me. Why do I even expect him to? Only to give him a chance to make me more mad?

The car arrived in front of a Chinese Tower. It was a five-story tall building with red walls and hexagonal cones as roofs. I stepped out of the car and Mason followed behind me.

"Behave sober!" I ordered Mason and he replied with a snort. He is never sane, not even in a meeting.

We went inside the wooden doors. I expect to find traditional lamps and paintings. Instead, there were neon lights decorating the walls and yellow marble flooring. It almost looked like a modern hotel.

"Ni hao" The manager welcomed us. He was dressed in a red silk suit and glitter gel in his hair.

"We came from Harper Cooperative". Mason told the man.

"It's on the second floor, follow me". We followed him silently in front of a golden elevator.

There were two elevators, Each one for men and women. I frown, the hotel looks modern enough but the system can be called traditional. Clearly, there was no need if we are going on the same floor.

The manager signalled me to go inside the other one. I separated from Mason and clicked the button of 'for females' written on it. It arrived in a second. I stepped inside the elevator in silence.
The golden doors closed in front of me. I was alone in it. The lights dimmed and the lift started to move.

My heart skipped a beat as the lift shook. Instead, of moving up it was going down. No, No, Not Now. This ain't happening here. My hands were shaking. I can't think of anything else.

I am going into my 'Oblivion'.

I banged my hands against the metallic doors several times. My heart seems to come out of my chest. The fear tightening inside as I got trapped in here.

"I am stuck!"

"Help, Me!"

"Open the door, Please!"

The lift seemed to go deeper and deeper at a rapid speed. My heels slipped and I knocked my head to the side. Then the lights went out leaving me in the dark.

There was a click and the door opened to the same darkness. I fumbled for my phone and switched on the torch.

I was in a wide dark room. The temperature dropped awfully cold with a sick smell churning my stomach. I grasped my mouth to stop vomiting.

I moved my phone to find metal tables covered in thick dust with old and trash papers. I stepped forward to have a look at them, My hands were still shaking from cold and fear.

Anything can be a clue, I said to myself. This is the main principle of the games. I just need to find enough clues to solve the puzzle and step out alive. There are mostly three phases of an Oblivion:-

One: Find your clues and make a map of it.

Two: Handel the unwanted.

Three: Solve the puzzle and find the exit.

All comes along with an important rule. Never stop until you make it to life.

My eyes came across a crumpled paper stacked between old data files.

'Where the summer and winter meet to the North'.

Got it! My first clue. It's a riddle I think. Winter can be described as this cold room and summer can be anything warmers, maybe.

I moved forward in the darkness. The floor was wet to walk that almost felt like walking on ice. There was no window or door visible. A chill ran down my spine. I am stuck underground.

There must be a hidden door I thought and moved toward an empty corner an old computer sitting on a table. Blue light coming from the broken screen.

I frowned, If this PC is working then there must be an electrical connection going through. It means I have a possibility to find a light switch.

I was about to turn when loud banging noises filled the room. The tables started to shake and I stumbled back. Shit.

Phase Two.

A metal door opened as a group of people stepped out in the dark. They came forward catching my flashlight and I shoved the paper in my coat, hiding from them.

"Who are you?" A girl almost my age asked me. She didn't look well. Black dark circles covered her eyes and tattered clothes stinks of sweat. She must be on drugs.

"Sarah". I lied, No way I am gonna give my real name. Anything can be a weapon against me. Even my name.

"Gwen." She replied.

"How did you get here?" A middle age guy asked me.

"Lift broke down. You?"

"We found a gate back in an ally. We came to check in and it shut down automatically".

They have no idea what they have gotten into. Let's hope the worst comes at last.

"I think there must be a switch to on the lights. Let's find it." They nodded and scattered in various directions.

I looked at my phone in a dumb hope to find a signal but I got none. If I have to get through this, I have to find something else to make a map of the puzzle.

"Got it" Someone yelled as the lights switched on, brightening the whole room. It revealed metal walls and broken glass littering the floor.

I gasped in horror as my eyes landed on the decaying bodies. Goosebumps ran through me like electricity, shaking my core. There must be ten bodies left to scar. They looked like they have been here for years. I didn't want to think of the fact that soon there will be more to accompany.

"What is this place?" Gwen whispered in panic.

"An attack I think" Another woman spoke and I catch the lab coats of the bodies. The letter 'P' is written on them.

"Phantom" I whispered to myself. I am in an old Phantom lab which was attacked years ago.

This is it. The map.

I was right. The winter means this cold room and summer was the light. Now, I just have to find North.

I looked at my phone to use the Compus app but it failed me too. So I walk straight assuming it north.

After a minute of roaming, I found a broken glass cabin. Three bodies lie on the ground their faces are white and stick with decaying flesh. My stomach churned again at the sight. I have never been to a Phantom territory before.

I took a deep breath, I have to find a way, I have to stay alive. My heels hit on an old photo frame shattered with glass. I took the photo out, There was a baby girl, dressed in pink and puffs of red hair on her small head. My eyes caught on the name at the side. Sabrina North.

North, It's not a direction. It's a name. I did it, I finished the map. There must be a door somewhere in this room. I searched and found a red button just behind a corpse. I clicked and it opened into a small tunnel. Found it.

"Great you found an opening", Gwen came beside me and the others followed her. I gulped and quickly counted them. They were total six of them. Six unwanted. Six to handle.
Six to kill.

Phase Three.

I moved toward Gwen and jerked out a knife from my coat, slicing her throat. Others gasped in surprise.

"Sorry, only one can pass through it and that's gonna be me!" I said and hauled towards an older woman. I stabbed in her stomach, blood poured out from her guts staining my white skirt.

"You!" The middle age man advanced at me, a knife in his hand. I dodged him and stabbed his leg. He stumbled and fell down slamming his head on the ground.

Three gone. Three more.

"Grab her!" A boy with curly hair yelled and two people came to get hold of me. A girl tied my hands at the back and I tried to kick her to get free. She took my knife and sliced my left arm in a lanky line. Pain shoot up in my wrist and I grit my teeth.

I am not gonna die today.

With a few kicks of my heels, The boy in front of me stumbled and I got the chance to get hold of my knife again. I thrust it into the girl's chest and then to the boy's neck.

Blood splattered on my face. My hair stick with sweat. Adrenaline kicked in as I murdered them in cold blood. They didn't know what they had gotten into. They might never had heard of the Phantom, ever. They were innocent victims, druggies and criminals trapped only to be slaughtered by me. But I know the games, I know the rules. I can feel pity but I will not let them beat me.

My eyes landed on the curly hair boy moving toward the tunnel. My heart shuddered in my chest, he is about to enter the exit and if he did it, I will be trapped here to die. I have to do something. So, I stretched out my hand concentrating on the boy. Anger flows in my bones as I can feel the power running through every cell of my body.

I caught him in the middle, raised him in the air and seized onto his throat. His eyes widened in shock, "Let me go." He begged.

My fingers flexed and his life was choked out from him. "Murderer" He hissed before slamming to the ground. Blood dripping out from his mouth.

Yes, I am a murderer. A cold-blooded, merciless murderer. I wish I could change my reality. I wish I could undo the deal I made six years ago. But I can only wish.

I climbed into the tunnel to a way out. It was late night when I landed on my feet in a dumpster. Nausea hit me suddenly and I throw up the contents of my stomach on the ground.

The smell of decaying flesh, fresh blood mixed with sweat and garbage inthrilled me. I looked at the sky to ignore the wound bleeding in my hand. The beautiful night sky glittering with city lights.

My white coat was all crimson covered in blood. Blood of my victims. My name is April Henry Valentine and this is my reality.

I am Telekinetic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171 1 20
It really was just an average day. We walked around blissfully unaware of all the horrid things that would occur in just a few short hours. Then, it...
250 93 10
Fast pace...... 🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺 13 college students took off on to the journey of Unknown....... Will they make it back or lost fore...
37.1K 4.7K 37
[Completed] A U.S. expatriate is cast into a rainy, foggy corner of Europe. He went there on the pretense to work on his research, but he actually wa...
Killing Chris By Nick

Mystery / Thriller

3.9K 1.6K 50
The darkest hour is incorrectly referenced as being an hour, or sixty minutes long, when in fact the majority of people would agree the darkest hour...