Doctor Who? [BOOK 1] COMPLETED

By EnsconceSlack

Patience, they say... Good things come to those who wait, they say... To say that one waits a lifetime for th... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34 Tissue
35
36
37
38 ILYG
39
40: Epilogue

27

20.8K 514 32
By EnsconceSlack

Note: Sorry if it took me ages to upload another chapter. I hope this chapter will make it up to you dear readers. :* xoxo

**Boni Helena's POV

Ang bagal umusad ng mga sasakyan gawa ng maulan. Ayokong abutin dito ng siyam siyam at datnan ng baha. Ramdam ko ang bigat at hapdi ng mga mata ko at ang tanging makakapagpagising sa akin ay ang radyo ko.

Tawagan ko muna kaya si Reece? Baka ma-istorbo ko na siya.

Kapag conflict ang schedule niya at hindi namin magawang magkita, it's a good thing na hindi niya nakakalimutan ang kamustahin ako sa umaga at bago ako matulog ay hinihintay ko ang tawag niya sa gabi.

Iniintindi ko na lang na kailangan siya sa trabaho niya, na kung gaano kahalaga ito para sa kanya.

-1 Message Received-

Parissa

'R u home already?'

Nagdadalawang isip ako kung sasagutin ko ba ang text niya o hindi. The more you entertain people the more they gain hope of you wanting them. Pinili ko na lang na balewalain ang text ni Parissa at binaba ko na ang phone ko.

Kinuha ko ulit ang phone ko nang marinig ang ring tone na linagay ko kada tatawag or magtetext si Reece sa akin.

-1 Message Received-

ReeceBabe

'Can I call you?'

I didn't reply and dialed her number instead.

'I miss you already..' Pauna ko nung sinagot niya ang tawag ko.

'You just saw me like an hour ago.' She giggled on the other line.

'Yeah, an hour or so.' I mumbled and stared in front of me. Jampacked traffic. Isang oras na pala ako dito sa kalye.

'Paano na lang pag-aalis ako bukas?'

Napatigil ako, even my heart clenched from what I heard.

'What? Where are you going?' I bit my lip.

'I have a convention in Davoa for three days, babe. Dad asked me to go instead of him.' I gripped my wheel tighter.

We barely see each other then now, aalis pa siya. At biglaan pa.

'I understand. When's your flight? I'll drive you to the airport.' It's the least thing that I can do.

'Mamayang madaling araw. Pero babe huwag na.'

'It's fine with me babe. Three days din kasi kitang hindi makikita. So, please?'

'I know your tired, you need to sleep kasi--'

'Okay.' I cut her off stopping myself from arguing with her knowing I wouldn't stand a chance to win.

'What?'

'I said okay.'

'Babe..' I can feel in her voice that she's not pleased right now.

'What now?'

'I'm sorry. I promise, I'll make it up to you.'

'You don't have to do anything, Reece.' I took a deep breath.

'Boni, please don't act like this.'

'You're right, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be acting like a silly clingy girlfriend.' I blurted out.

'I'm sorry..' she said in a low tone.

'Why do you keep on saying sorry?' medyo inis na tanong ko.

'Because it's the right thing to say?' She said not even sure.

'But it wouldn't change anything.'

We both fell silent. I know she's still on the other line because I can still hear her deep breathing.

'I love you.' She whispered. I can feel myself caving in again. How cynical it is to evidently sense two opposing things. My brain thinks way too different from what my heart feels.

But, I'd be damned because my heart rules me.

'I love you too.'

'Three am.'

'Ano yun babe?' I asked confused.

'Pick me up by three am and take me to the airport.'

'I'll be there by three am sharp, babe!' Napangiti ako ng malaki.

'Thank God I finally made you smile.'

I laughed to what she said.

'And made you laugh.' She added.

Hindi ko namalayan na malapit na pala ako sa bahay. I parked my car sa tabi ng sasakyan ni Yassy. Agad kong napansin na bukas halos lahat ng ilaw sa bahay. For the first time, sinalubong ako ni Yassy sa pintuan with a wide grin on her face.

'Babe, I'll see you later. I love you!' I said in a rush.

'You better be. I love you more mwa!'

-Call Ended-

"Finally you're home!" Hinila ako ni Yassy sa kamay papasok sa loob. "Look who's here." She gestured with her hands.

"Surprise?" Natatawang sabi nito and opened her arms.

"What--what are you doing here?" Gulat na tanong ko.

"You're not going to give your sister a hug?" Biro ni Ate Behati. It's good to see her not wearing formal clothings, dahil way back in states laging into business look ang kapatid kong ito.

"Err.." I just hugged her na kahit medyo awkward because we've never been affectionate to each other.

"I came to visit. Which reminds me.." She said at sinilip ang oras sa relo niya. "We need to go." She started to walk outside and urged me to follow her. I turned to Yassy but she just shrugged at me.

"Where?" Naguguluhang tanong ko but still got into the driver's seat and started the car engine.

"Follow my directions." She stated whilst staring at her phone.

"Where are we--"

"Just drive." She cut me off. I was about to open my mouth to speak again.. "No questions."

I sighed in defeat and silently drive. I just got out from a street nightmare tapos babalik lang din pala ako without even an hour.

After a few minutes following my living GPS, nagulat na lang ako na sa hospital pala kami pupunta. She could've told me so! There is a shortcut naman papunta dito and she took the long way!

I swiftly parked my car sa harap ng hospital kung saan nagtratrabaho si Reece. I just followed Ate Behati as she walks ahead of me.

How come we're here?

Even if I do ask, I wouldn't be able to get answers.

She walk as if she knows where she's going, like she's been here before.

I watch her converse with the woman in the information desk. The woman gestured the elevator to her at naglakad na ito ng mabilis.

"You better answer me later." I mumbled under my breath.

"I guess it's the right now now." She turns to me with a wry smile. I want to strangle her for giving me a cryptic vibe.

Ting!

"Before anything else, don't shut us out again after this." She reminded me with an uneasy look.

I kept my mouth shut instead at umiwas ng tingin.

"Where is Marcus Montenegro's room?" Ate Behati asked the nurse. She keeps on looking at me as if I'd run away.

The nurse guided us to the room of whoever that guy is and what I saw shocked me. A lying man with tubes connected to his body going to the machines whatsoever and a woman that I am so familiar with.

"Hey, Mom." Ate Behati casually kissed the woman's cheek and hugged her. I remained on where I stand and wasn't able to do anything, let alone avoid the woman's gaze. "I brought Boni with me this time."

They seem so close with each other and like it's no suprise to the woman that she's here.

Why does it make me feel I'm left out?

"Mi bonita.." She said with her voice cracked. She looks different from the past few months that I've seen her. Her eyes wells up in tears but I didn't dare to make a move.

Mi Bonita

I stopped myself from showing too much emotions. I've cried enough because of her and I'm not going back to that state again. I turned to my sister with a betrayed look and walked out.

"Don't jump into any conclusions." She said.

So she knew her all along! She knows where she is at pinahirapan pa niya ako! She could've told me so! Is it too hard to f*cking tell the truth? She made me look stupid!

I walked as fast as I can to my car and go to any place but here. The rain started to pour again pero hindi ito dahilan para tumigil ako.

"Boni.."

"Boni.." A voice called out.

"Anak.."

I stopped from taking another step, enraged from what she just called me.

"You lost the right to call me such." I gritted my teeth and looked into her eyes, and saw my own staring back, the same pale brown eyes. I turned my back again from her and started to take a few more steps towards my car.

"Please, Boni." She begged "At least listen to me."

I swung around to face her. "What's the point? You know how I feel, and what I think about you right now."

"And what I feel? Doesn't it matter?"

I gave her a mocking look.

"Why is it always you alone? Don't you ever think of others? How I feel right now?"

"Anak, please let me explain---"

I raised my hand signing her to stop laying out a single word.

"You know, what's funny is that when you left us, everything has changed and I didn't hate you but Dad. I grew up thinking and hoping you'll be back and things will go back to normal. Then, I got tired of waiting so I looked for you and found out that you have a new family here. How do you manage to be that happy? What do you think your daughters felt if their mother abandoned them to a drunkard father? Or did you even think of us at all? My mind's loaded with so many questions but I don't long for those answers anymore."

She covers her mouth as she burst into tears. Her eyes waters up mixing with the fluid coming from the rain.

"I get it, you are selfish and our family was not perfect for you that I sincerely apologize for. I don't want to hear any of your bullshits and I just want you to know that I hate you for making me hate Dad. Save yourself from misery again and be gone." Pumasok ako agad sa sasakyan ko and drove off. I resist myself from looking back to see her.

I had always thought that sorrow was the most exhausting of the emotions. Now I knew that it was anger.

About halfway through I broke down crying, which I hadn't expected. I thought I already shed too much tears and nothing's left pero mali pala ako. My heart swells in pain that I couldn't contain anymore. I parked my car to the side and burst into tears again.

I can feel my phone vibrating inside my pocket knowing it's Ate Behati.

I rejected the call and dialed Reece's number. I need her right now, she's the only one who can put some sense to me when I'm in this state. But to my dismay it just keeps on ringing. I ended the call and got no choice but to share my agony to my own self. I felt my phone vibrate again.

-Parissa Calling-

I rejected her call, hoping Reece will ring me back.

-Parissa Calling-

Again. I rejected her call.

-Parissa Calling-

Doesn't she get that I don't want to talk to her?

'He-hello?' I answered intending to sound pissed but end up choking myself because of crying.

'Hey-- you okay?'

'Ye-yeah.' I sniffed.

'Where are you, Boni?'

I turned to my surroundings that I'm not familiar with.

'I don't know.' I answered honestly.

'Tell me what you see.'

'Mcdonalds?'

'Tignan mo kung ano ang katabi ng Mcdo.'

I followed what she asked at nakita ang mga nakaparadang bus sa loob ng isang building.

'Bus station.'

'You're not that far. Stay inside, lock your doors and please wait for me.'

'Okay..'

'Don't hung up.'

I leaned on my sit habang hawak ang phone sa tenga ko.

'You still there?'

I hummed in response instead.

My phone ringed signaling na pa-empty na ang battery ko.

'Parissa, malapit na ako malowbatt.'

'You can hung up now. I finally found you anyways.'

Beep! Beep!

Nilingon ko ito and I recognized the car immediately.

Parissa knocks on my window side. I opened my door and saw how concern she looks right now. She instantly hugged me, as if it's what I need right now.

Surprisingly, it is.

"You can cry on my shoulder if you like." She spoke softly. As if on cue, I cried again shaking inside her embrace.

"I-I'm so-sorry. Basa ka na-na sa iyak ko.."

"Kaya nga may punas na tinatawag di'ba?" She smiled weakly at me at nilabas ang panyo sa bulsa niya.

"Ba-bat ako pinupunasan m-mo?" Tanong ko dahil ang mga luha ko naman ang pinapahid niya sa pisngi ko.

"You need it more than I do."

"Tha-thank you.."

"Let's get you cleaned. Look at you now, basang basa ka sa ulan baka magkasakit ka niyan." She guided me inside my car as if I'm fragile. "Follow me, okay?" I simply nodded my head and waited for her to get inside her car.

I don't want to go home and find my sister waiting for me there. I wouldn't be able to stand it. One emotional unstableness moment for me is enough.

••••••••••••••••

The moment I woke up, I feel how heavy it is to open my eyes, how dry my throat is at higit sa lahat I feel weak.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" Bati ni Parissa and sat at the corner of the bed. Lumapit ito sa akin at dinama ang noo ko.

"Hell.." *cough "Excuse me." *cough *cough

Inabutan ako nito ng isang basong tubig at gamot.

"Can I tell you a story?" She asked randomly. I raised an eyebrow and slowly nodded my head.

"Just don't give me that Once upon a time or and they lived happily everafter shit to me." She laughed lightly at me, showing how beautiful she is even without makeup.

"Long time ago.." She started but stopped when she saw me glaring at her. "In what way do you want me to start? Noong unang panahon?"

"Fine! Any way you want!" She smirked at me.

"Once upon a time, a little girl was born not knowing who her parents were. So naturally, she grew up as an orphan. She hated going outside the world knowing if she steps out, she'll find everything she longed for but couldn't have. As time goes by, she became ambitious, emotionless but she never thought that God is unfair to her. One day, a young couple visited the orphanage and took a liking on this young little girl saying she's different than the others and the moment they saw her, they knew they have to keep her. They gave her everything they can possibly have and treated her as their own. But everything didn't last because the first person she ever called mom died. Her dad was left miserable and got lost along the way. So, this young teenage girl finds a way to get her father back to his feet. Her Father's first love."

"Where is this going?" I asked getting interested on where this is heading. She hesitated for a moment and slowly raised her head. "Why are you crying?" I brushed her cheek.

"Boni, I am the reason why Dad and your Mother found each other again."

"What?"

"It seems impossible for a teenager to be a cupid for lost lovers. But it worked! I didn't know it will all lead to here."

"So, you're saying you were the one that caused all of this?" My jaw clenched.

"Boni, I'm just an innocent teenage girl trying to save someone she loves." She looked down to her hands.

"You don't know what that love has brought to me and my family." I uttered bitterly.

"Boni, I just want to say that.. I am so sorry and I owe your father the most."

"I need to get out of here." I said at tumayo na sa kama. I don't care kung naka wife beater lang then short shorts ako at kinuha ko na ang susi ko papuntang parking lot.

Wow.

Mala-MMK pala ang buhay na dadatnan ko dito.

Nakarating na ako sa bahay ng mapansin ko ang isang hindi pamilyar na sasakyan. I can't see anyone outside. Maybe another one night stand of Yassy. Napahawak ako sa ulo ko dahil sa bumibigat na ang pakiramdam ko. I need to lay down dahil mas matindi ang kirot na nararamdaamn ng ulo ko ngayon.

"Where have you been?"

I abruptly stopped. Am I hearing things? This fever is possibly making me hallucinate. I shaked my head and took a few steps again.

"Boni, I'm talking to you."

Nabigla na lang ako ng may humila sa kamay ko.

"Bakit-- What happened to you?" She scanned me and her eyes softened.

"Babe! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Davao." Gulat na sabi ko disregarding her question.

"You didn't pick me up last night, so I got worried sick. Hindi ako makaalis not knowing your whereabouts." She held me in her arms at parang naiiyak pa.

"Sorry for making you worry." I whispered to her.

"Babe, you're hot."

"I know." I smirked at her and coughed again gawa ng kati sa aking lalamunan. She just rolled her eyes at me but I can see a faint smile on her lips.

"No, I meant literally hot. Let's get you into your room." She helped me go upstairs. "Babe, di mo pa pa ako sinasagot. What happened to you last night and where have you been?" She positioned herself on my side and stares at me curiously.

"I met her." I confessed. I felt a tear pricking my eyes again.

Her eyes went sad and leaned closer to me. "What I hate the most is seeing you hurting, babe."

"Looking at you made the weight bearable." Hinaplos ko ang malambot na pisngi ng girlfriend ko.

She waited for me to continue. I can see it in her eyes that she wanted to know more. Oh Shit. I don't want to go any further.

"We talked, I mean I talked mostly then I drove off..." Umiwas ako ng tingin sa kanya.

"Where did you go after?" She asked as if she sense something.

"I called you babe pero di ka sumasagot, so I thought you were sleeping already."

"Boni, I just wanted to know where you stayed."

"Parissa." Just saying this name, nag-iba na agad ang aura ni Reece.

"No surprise there. A girl answered your phone kagabi when I tried to reach you out because you called me." Tumayo si Reece at hindi makatingin sa akin.

"Babe.. Hear me out." I plead. Despite what my body feels right now, I stood up at hinabol si Reece na lalabas na sana ng pintuan.

"Boni, you better tell me everything. Don't leave any information noong nandoon ka sa babae mo." She crossed her arms.

Babae ko?

"Pwede sa kama tayo. Nahihilo ako, babe." Saad ko holding my aching head. Inalalayan naman ako ni Reece who's looking at me expectantly.

I told her everything, after we both hunged up our phone. My sister, her and Parissa. She was fuming when I added Parissa to my story. She went from emotional to mad to angry.

"I knew it! That woman was up to no good!" She burst out pacing back and forth in front of me. "Boni, kapag nalaman kong sumama ka sa babae mo ulit humanda ka sa akin! Pasalamat ka you're not feeling well kung hindi lagot ka talaga sa akin!"

"Why do you keep on referring Parissa as my woman? You're my only one, Reece." Her lips slowly curled into smile. She leaned for a kiss which I happily obliged. The kiss went on longer than we intended.

"I remembered just now. Her new man is Marcus Montenegro."

"Oh my God. He's my patient." She gasped at me.

"What a small world we have." I pointed out, even not believing how this fate works.

"Kaya nga tayo nagkakilala di'ba? Dahil sa sobrang liit lang ng mundo." She cheekily said giving me a genuine smile.

How can she make a negative perspective to a positive outlook on life so easy?

"It has its perks isn't it? But I'm greatful for it."

"You're forgeting something though."

By the look on her face, I know what she means. I act as if I have no idea what she's talking about. I heard her make a disgruntled sound.

"Hindi ko nakalimutan if that's what you're thinking. Happy monthsary to us. Kahit na lagi tayong nagaaway over petty things." I said with so much pride. It's been a month huh? That was fast!

"Happy Monthsary, babe. Hindi kaya tayo nagaaway, misunderstanding. Just that. Oh wait, lay down for me. I'll go check if may gamot si Yassy sa baba." Aalis na sana siya but I stopped her.

"Nakainom na ako. You should go to Cebu, babe, I'm fine here." I gave her a reassuring smile. She silently watched me and huminga ng malalim.

"I'm not going there anymore. I'll just tell the truth to Dad that I'm here nursing my girl." She kissed my forehead and gave me a nose crinkling smile. I was so touched on what she said.

"I want to kiss you right now but it wouldn't be a good idea because I might infect you--" I was cut off by her lips on mine. She playfully bit my lower lip. "Stubborn girl."

"I know you like it." She winked at me and gives me another peck on my lips. Who am I kidding? I love her kisses and what those kisses brings me.

"Are you sure you're going to tell your Dad about us?" I checked. This will be a big step for us. Weighing from what I've heard about her Dad, it wouldn't be easy.

She held my hand and lifting it for her to kiss. I watch her eyes turn to me with a look which I knew are full of love and passion.

"I want you. Am I supposed to walk away because you're a woman? Maybe. They'll say yes for sure. But I'm sick of all the questions running around in my head." Reece stopped. "I want the woman who lies down infront of me and changed the way I look at the world. And if that's wrong, then I'm confused because when I'm near you, it feels so damn right."

Kagabi lang ay napapaiyak ako dahil sa sakit na nararamdaman ko, pero ngayon.. Naiiyak ako dahil sa saya na nararamdaman ko. Gumagaan ang pakiramdam ko habang kasama ko si Reece letting me forget the drama I had.

"I won't regret every single 'bit of moments I have with you. Oh wait, may babaguhin pala dapat ako.." She gives me a thoughtful smile habang pinupunasan ang mga luha ko.

"What happened to, 'I try to live in the moment. So whatever happened to me, I don't regret them.' " I teased her earning a light smack on my hand. She laughed anyways.

"I'm trying to be romantic here." She pouted cutely at me.

"Okay okay. Let's forget what you said before and what I just said. So ano naman babaguhin mo?" I turned to her acting serious. She rolled her eyes at me.

"The first time Yassy introduced us to each other, I should've kissed you right there." She bit her lip being flirty in a good way causing me to swallow the lump in my throat.

I stared at her beautiful face and her beautiful mouth and I wanted nothing more than to taste it.

"I would've kissed you back." I remarked absentmindedly earning a laugh from her.

"I know you'd do." She gives me another peck.

"You're being naughty and may I remind you I have an upcoming flu." She just smiled at me and brushed a few strands of my hair.

"I wouldn't mind getting sick because it's worth it anyways." She was about to dive in for another kiss pero umiwas ako so her lips landed on my cheek instead.

"As much as I love you being romantic. I don't want to risk you getting sick babe, ako lang dapat. Okay?"

"Gusto mo lang ma-baby ko eh."

"That's the plan all along." I joked and kissed her right away. "I love you, Reece."

"I love you, Boni. Sana lang hinding hindi ka magsasawa sa akin."

"Never, babe. Never."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Dear Readers,

I have a confession to make. I didn't know I have an inbox -Bakit wala nagsabi sa'kin nun? Lol.- I replied to those who messaged me btw. Sorry sorry talaga hindi ako aware ngayon ngayon lang medyo antigo ako sa technology kasi eh chos!

Xoxoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8M 229K 55
Rogue Saavedra, the arrogant city's young billionaire, becomes stranded on an unknown island. There he meets an illiterate jungle woman, Jane, who is...
33.8K 1K 14
Si Bea 'Biya' Heaven ay isang Engineer na sugatan sa pag ibig na dala nang alon at napadpad sa mundo tinatawag na La isla de ulan. Isang Magandang Pa...
71K 207 2
This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents in this book are either th...
495K 2K 7
"By hook or by crook, either way, you're gonna be mine." Marahas akong napalunok lalo na ng gahibla nalang ang layo ng mga labi namin ng tila ba isan...