The Snow Princess - Aemond Ta...

By purplewriter_x

Aemond Targaryen was made of fire, but his heart was stone cold and his icy stare could leave one shivering... More

INTRODUCTION
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Playlist
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
EPILOGUE
THANK YOU

Twenty Eight

4K 101 20
By purplewriter_x

ONE MOON LATER

"That Jason Lannister is such a twat!" Catherryn whispered into Alyarra's ear, making the princess laugh heartedly as the pair watched the tourney before them. Jason Lannister was going against Jon Hornwood, Catherryn's lover, and he had asked for Catherryn's favor. Knowing well that Catherryn was being courted by Jon.

"He is quite funny, do you not reckon?" Alyarra asked as she eyed him. He was participating in the tourney but he wasn't even a good warrior, he was just egotistical. As all Lannisters.

"No. I do not reckon. He's a twat." The words made Alyarra laugh. It was her birthday tourney, and Alyarra was rather happy to see so many people in attendance. The common folk were cheering excitedly for the new princess, and everybody was celebrating her life. Alyarra felt extremely loved, all that was missing was having Cregan and her nephew here.

She sat next to her lady, who was eagerly waiting for her lover to knock Jason Lannister off his horse. Catherryn turned to be quite the tourney fanatic, and she would holler and yell like a maniac at every jousting pairing. Alyarra thought her hilarious.

"My love." It was Aemond. Alyarra looked up to see him staring down at her. The love of her life.
He sat down next to his wife and gave her a wide smile. "Finally! I thought you would never show." Alyarra breathed out and pecked her husband on the lips. He smiled earnestly and sighed.

"Planning a tourney for my beloved wife is a harder task than I anticipated. Luckily my grandsire has stepped in." Aemond mused whilst pinching the bridge of his nose . Alyarra rested her hand on his arm and gave him a loving smile.

Alyarra and Aemond's relationship had only grown stronger and more passionate throughout the last month. Aemond had turned into the most perfect husband. He was gentle, loving, and kind. He was quite literally everything that Alyarra could ever ask for. He treated her like an absolute goddess, as that was what he thought her to be. His goddess, his moon, and his stars. Alyarra Stark was everything to him.

"What has happened? Have the warriors put on a good show?" Aemond asked Alyarra as she shrugged and nodded. "I think so... Although I do not have a clear idea on what it takes to win a tourney." Alyarra chuckled.

"But I do think it would have been so fun to see you participate." Alyarra told her husband as he raised a brow. She thought Aemond would probably best every knight down there easily.

"Hmm... Maybe next time I'll register then. It seems I have a wife to impress." Aemond told her as he rested his hand on her lap. Alyarra intertwined her hands in his and continued on watching the happenings of the tourney.

"Yes!" Catherryn exclaimed happily as she rose to her feet to clap for Ser Jon who had just knocked Jason Lannister off his horse. Alyarra smiled at Catherryn, who was so joyful she might as well fling herself over the railing and go kiss Ser Jon on the field.

"Lady Alyarra." Alyarra rose to her feet to greet the Queen Alicent who had finally joined the stands. The Queen was accompanied by Otto and Princess Helaena. Aegon was nowhere to be found, and that made Aemond the happiest.

"I hope you are enjoying your name day. It is a most joyous day." Alicent told her, engulfing the girl in a tight hug. Alyarra hugged the Queen back and then turned to hug Helaena, who welcomed the hug eagerly.

It made Alicent rather happy to see her daughter getting along with someone that was not herself.

Aemond watched stoicly as his wife greeted his family. She was a better person than he was, as he was still bitter about his mother's inaction towards Aegon's sins. He understood his mother, he did but he was dumbfounded that she would let Aegon go unpunished.

And whenever Aemond would try and seek justice himself, they would stop him. It was like Aegon was some precious cargo they were caring for, and Aemond was just the banner in the wall. He was so tired of being the correct brother and having to put up with Aegon's barbaric ways.

Alicent sat next to Aemond, giving her son a small smile which he did not return.

Alyarra noticed the tension, and she hated that she was the cause for the straining relationship between Aemond, his mother, and his grandsire. She understood her lover, she knew that he only wanted the best for her, but she also understood Alicent. Aegon was her son, and the King's firstborn. She understood why Alicent couldn't just up and punish her son. That was life. Aegon was a prince and a Targaryen. He was clearly above the law.

Alyarra grabbed Aemond's hand in hers and gave it a reassuring squeeze. She needed him to know that she was fine. The royal family watched the tourney for a few hours, but then the happy ambiance changed to a gloomy one as Aegon entered the stands.

Alyarra felt Aemond tense up instantly as his eye landed on his brother, and Alyarra's own heart was beating hard in her chest. Aegon didn't even look at them, instead he just walked to the stands behind them and slumped himself in the seat. He looked like he had been through the Seven Hells and back. And he had.

After what he did, he spent all of his days drowning in cups and in whores. He felt so regretful for what he did, it was tearing him apart. He tried time and time again to apologize to Alyarra, but Aemond would not let him near her. Aegon had to live with the guilt eating away at him daily. He had to watch as the woman he loved, loved his brother.

Aemond wanted to kill his brother for even daring to show up at the tourney for Alyarra's nameday, but he calmed himself down as he did not want to ruin the mood for her.

"It's fine." Alyarra whispered into Aemond's esr as he simply gave her one nod, keeping his eye on the knights below them. Alyarra didn't wish to see Aegon here, but what could she do? She had spent weeks seething and angry at him, but not today. He would not ruin this day for her.

After some more time, Alyarra decided she was ready and so she turned to Catherryn. "Can we talk?" She asked her lady who nodded in return.

The two girls stood from their seat as Alyarra turned to Aemond. "I will be right back, love." Alyarra told him as he gave her a questioning look but then nodded his head.

The girls moved away from all the nobles and Alyarra leaned into Catherryn's ear. "How do I tell him?" Alyarra asked her lady. Alyarra fidgeted with the skin around her nails as she awaited Catherryn's answer.

"You want to tell him today?! I-I don't know? Pull him away and just ease it on him... Do you reckon he'll be excited or angry?" Catherryn questioned as she shifted on her feet.

"This is a good day for celebration. It is a most happy day, why not tell him today? I am just a tad bit nervous... Maybe he'll be angry I kept it from him?" Alyarra was a nervous wreck. She did not know what to expect when she tells Aemond the news.

"I am not sure. You know him best! But I think he would be happy? He seems to really love you. I am sure this will not change that." Catherryn assured her, grabbing Alyarra's hands in hers.

"And I will be here for you through it all. I swear it on everything." Catherryn whispered as Alyarra nodded her head, taking an encouraging breath. Alyarra wiped her sweaty hands on her skirts, and set out towards Aemond's seat.

"My love? Can I speak with you privately?" Alyarra asked him as she rested her hands on his shoulders. Aemond looked up at his wife and stood from his seat hurriedly. "Has something happened, Alyarra? Is everything okay? Is the tourney not to your enjoyment?" Aemond asked with a worried expression crawling into his face.

"N-No... Everything is perfect. Truly, I could not be more happy with how everything has turned out." Alyarra assured him as he frowned. "Alright then... what is it?" He asked as Alyarra pursed her lips together and grabbed his hand, leading him away from the royal stands.

She took him down the stairs and away from the tourney yard. The pair walked a few feet over to one of the tents that were set up for the royal family to rest in. "Alyarra? You're scaring me... What is going on?" Aemond asked her as she turned to him.

Now is better than later. She took a deep breath and took his hands in hers, running her thumb along his fingers. "I-I have been keeping something from you... for some weeks now." She told him, making his eyebrows scrunch slightly.

"What is it, Alyarra? Tell me please." Aemond pleaded, his heart slowly sinking as his one eye ran wildly over her face.

"I-I-About three weeks ago I was supposed to get my bleeding... and when the maester checked me..." Alyarra couldn't help the smile that was tugging at the corner of her lips as the words left her mouth.

"Alyarra..." Aemond's mind was reeling when he heard the words. Could it be?

"Aemond... I am with child, your child." Alyarra said, her voice trembling just a tiny bit. Aemond remained completely stoic for a moment, the words sinking into his mind ever so slowly.

Alyarra's face contorted in worry at his lack of emotion, fear creeping into her body. Is this not what he wanted? Had she ruined this? Was he not ready? Alyarra's heart broke in her chest as Aemond simply stared at her.

But then he whisked her up in his arms, twirling her around as if she was a tiny child. "Fuck! I can't believe this! We are to have a child!" Aemond exclaimed as he twirled her around, happiness bursting into his body at a hurried rate. Alyarra laughed as she wrapped her arms around his neck, throwing her head back.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" He said as he set her back on the ground, his hand travelling to her waist and holding her steady in place.

"I wanted to surprise you! Pregnancies can be so uncertain that I just... I wanted to be so sure." Alyarra told him as her hands traveled to his face. She was so glad to get this reaction from him.

"Alyarra! We are to have a child! Our own heir!" Aemond embraced her in a tight hug, planting a soft kiss on the top of the head. He was ecstatic.

"Are you happy? I was worried you wouldn't be..." Alyarra asked into his chest as he pulled away and gave her a shocked look. "Alyarra... This is the happiest moment in my life, apart from the day I married you." Aemond responded and Alyarra felt all of the weight be lifted off of her shoulders.

She squealed and hugged Aemond again, her arms wrapping around his waist and pulling him towards her. "I love you, Alyarra. You are the reason I breathe, you are what I worship. You are my faith, my religion, and I love you endlessly." Aemond whispered into her ear as he held her close.

"I love you so much, Aemond. So much that it burns. So much that it hurts. I love you a thousand times over." Alyarra replied, and Aemond was intoxicated with feelings.

"I will battle a thousand men for you, Alyarra. I'll climb the fucking Wall for you, and for this child. I swear it. My mission will be your happiness, and my child's happiness." Aemond was truthful in each word spoken. All he wanted was to see her happy, to see her content.

"I want to announce it today... Everybody is here and this would only make my nameday celebration even better." Alyarra told him as he nodded in agreement.

"The feast tonight shall be the happiest one of all. Shall we go love? I want to be the one to break this wonderful news to everybody." Aemond asked as Alyarra nodded, following him back to the stands.

They went up to the stands like two giggling children, both of them just amazingly intoxicated by this espectacular news. Aemond stood at the center and took Alyarra's hand in his, giving her the widest smile ever.

"Cease all activities! We have an announcement to make!" Aemond's loud and authoritative voice boomed loudly, earning the attention from everyone around them and from all tourney-goers. Alyarra smiled nervously as she felt all the expectant stares on them.

"This day shall go on the history books as the happiest day of my life! For it is my wife's nameday, and the day I have learned that we are with child!" Gasps were heard and then the stands erupted into loud claps and cheers.

Aluarra smiled widely as she looked up at Aemond, who was smiling cockily. He planted a soft peck on her lips as they basked in the cheers around them. "Gods be good, this is the best day of the year!" Alicent was quick to move to the couple and embrace Alyarra happily.

"A most happy day! Congratulations!" Otto cheered, a smug smile on his face as he eyed his grandson and his lover. "Oh brother! This is such happy news... Jaehaerys, Jaehaera, and Maelor will be most happy to have a new playmate!" Helaena said as she moved to hug her brother.

Soon every lord and lady were crowding around the couple, giving them their blessings and good wishes. Everyone except Aegon, who watched with disdain more than clear on his face. He wanted to throw himself from the tower of the Hand. He wanted to grab a jousting stick and impale himself. He wanted to ruin this for Aemond.

But... it dawned on him with the weight of a thousand Sunfyres falling on top of him. She was never his to begin with. He had no claim to Alyarra Stark, no entitlement at all. And he had been so stupid to ruin their friendship.

Being her friend was better than not having her in his life at all. And now he could only seethe as he watched his brother smile smugly as people swarmed to congratulate the expecting couple. Aegon rolled his eyes and disappeared from the stands, not wanting to cause himself any more hurt.

Alyarra smiled as the people of court swarmed to congratulate them. Aemond was smug, he felt as if he had won at life. He had everything he never thought possible, he was on top of the world. Nothing could top this feeling, nothing.

-

"I hate that craddle so much." Aemond breathed out, making Alyarra roll her eyes and chuckle ever so slightly. "Tell me love, what would make you like the craddle?" She asked her husband.

"It is much too small, Alyarra. Our babe needs a bigger craddle. A more majestic one, do you not reckon? This is so tiny." Aemond complained as he eyed the craddle Alyarra had picked for the babe's nursery.

"Aemond! The baby will be so tiny. You speak as if it will exit the womb being a grown person." Alyarra jested, earning a sheepish grin from her husband.

The pair were currently discussing the decorations for their baby's nursery. The pregnancy was such an early one, but Aemond insisted on getting everything ready earlier on to leave no room for any mistakes. He wanted his child to have the best of every single thing.

Alyarra was shocked and even surprised to find Aemond to be such a present figure in the pregnancy. He was there for her every single step of the way. The fearsome one-eyed prince was the most gentle and caring person towards his pregnant wife.

"My child shall have the biggest and grandest craddle in all of Westeros. I will also see to it that it gets draped with gold, that wood is rather meek." Aemond said with a scrunch of his nose.

"Sure love. Oh! I forgot to tell you. Cregan has sent word, he is rather happy that baby Rickon will have a cousin just a few months younger than him. And... he wants to gift the baby a direwolf." Alyarra told Aemond, who raised a brow.

"A direwolf? Hmm... I don't know. I think it's fine... Do you have one? You've never mentioned it before." Aemond questioned as Alyarra shook her head.

"My direwolf, Star, escaped into the woods one night when I was merely two and ten years old. I've not seen her since... but Cregan is rather bonded to his. I think it would be a good way to keep our babe connected with it's Northern heritage." Alyarra said as Aemond nodded slowly.

"If you believe so, my love then I do so too. I am hoping for Dreamfyre to lay a clutch of eggs soon, so we can place the egg on our baby's craddle as tradition orders." Aemond told Alyarra as she hummed, remembering her child would possibly be a dragonrider.

"I am still baffled to think that my child will be soaring through the skies on it's own dragon." Alyarra confessed as Aemond smiled and brought his thumb to caress his wife's cheek.

"I can not wait to fly about the realm on Vhagar with my child in tow on their own dragon. It makes me incredibly happy to think about..." Aemond mused as he planted a soft kiss on Alyarra's forehead.

"You're just a huge soft man, are you not? Hiding beneath your coat and your daggers, you are just one big softie." Alyarra taunted her husband, bringing her hand to his face and pinching his cheek. "Maybe I am... Is that troublesome for you?" He teased back.

"No. It just makes me love you all the more."

-

Author's note:

I love them so much. I just want them to be happy!!!!! But I don't think happiness can last, not with the dance breathing on their necks.

As always I am so grateful for the support this book has gotten! The Snow Princess is now my most read book and it gains so many reads daily, it makes me so incredibly happy!!

I am still deciding wether I want to mend Aegon and Alyarra's relationship or not. Although what he did was so terrible...

Thank you guys for reading! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359 15 9
When Prince Daemon Targaryen fathers a bastard daughter with a prostitute from Street of Silk, no one could imagine that this girl would change the c...
94.1K 4.8K 37
"And I screamed for whatever its worth I love you aint that the worst thing you ever heard? And Davina looked up grinning like the devil." 🐉 Maegor...
35.1K 2.2K 19
The Targaryen. The people whose dragon blood flows in their veins and fire in their breath, always been closer to gods than to men. ________________...
95.6K 4.2K 38
Aemond had a dragon. Uri held the dragon flame. Together they could be unstoppable. 🧚♀️ Uri was destined for more than teaching fairies at Alfea w...