Par Amour [Taekook ff]

By AfroArmyGirl

TYPE: πŸ”² General Fiction | βœ”οΈ Taekook ff | πŸ”² Non-Fiction Date Started: 04.30.2023 Date Finished:... More

i | intro
ii | character descriptions
iii | Par Amour Playlist
1 | The Proposition
2 | The Documents
3 | When Do We Start?
4 | Playing With Fire
5 | Rescue A Prince
6 | Christmas Candy
7 | White Wedding Cake
8 | A Day To Remember
9 | His Favorite Par Amour
10 | Happy New Year
11 | Moth to a Flame
12 | Friend and Friend
13 | Taken to Bed
14 | Is It Working?
15 | Collect Your Man
16 | Not of This World
17 | Total Bliss
18 | Now It's Over
19 | Clientele
20 | Taught Him to Love
21 | Screaming His Name
22 | The Real Deal
23 | A New Friendship
24 | Join Me
25 | Valentine's Day
26 | Together-Together
27 | Shacking Up
28 | Too Good To Be True
29 | Tears of Worry
30 | One of Her Shooters
31 | Room 128
33 | He Left
34 | Someone I'd Like You To Meet
35 | I Want You To Go
36 | March Has Come
37 | Good Night, Baby πŸ‘…
38 | A Little Baby Girl
39 | I Hate You Too, Baby
40 | Par Amour
iv | Final Author's Note
v | Character's Q & A
vii | Playlist Narrative

32 | Time To Come Clean

998 64 38
By AfroArmyGirl

Room 128 had been the designated place for any questioning or holding of anyone that would try to hurt Jungkook. It had a keypad on the door. Once he put the code in, he was able to secure the perp.

He cuffed him to a chair while he was still unconscious. Both arms were connected to a chair leg. Taehyung then put a chain around his legs. This guy was going nowhere.

He called the lead detective that simply told him to stay put until he got to the room.

Taehyung took this time to contact Jungkook. The phone rang and rang.

Was he in a meeting with his phone turned off?

He couldn't get him to answer his cell. So he called his office phone. He answered but his voice was different, like he was shivering or shaking.

"Hello," he breathed out.

"Hey babe. Are you ok? I got worried when you didn't answer. Your cell must've died. I've always begged you to get off social media and charge your phone up. So other than the dead phone, how are things going?" Taehyung would not mention that he had Daejung in custody.

"My phone's not dead. I was in a meeting. And I still am so I may have to go now. But this day....wow I'm flabbergasted."

"Flabbergasted? Now there's a word."

Then Tae caught on. That was his alert word. It's what he'd been asked to say if he were in danger.

Tae couldn't wait for the detective. The guy was breathing heavily, but still knocked out. So he left the room. But, he was still talking with Jungkook to prolong the conversation.

He texted the detective to let him know that Jungkook's office had been compromised.

"Well, babe, today may get better for you. Can I bring you an iced coffee?"

"Uh no. Please don't come up. I'm in an important meeting."

The criminal in his office must've had him say that so he wouldn't come up. But too late, he was already getting off on Jungkook's floor.

"I've got to go now," Kook said while he still seemed to be a little shaky. He hung up.

Tae walked straight to his security detail guarding his office door.

He said in a whisper, "He's been compromised. The stalker is in there with him," Taehyung told the guard where none else could hear him.

"We've checked everyone that has entered. There's no way," the guard tried to explain.

"I know for a fact he's in danger. We have the other guy and facial recognition picked him up. He's the guy who brought the poisoned coffee up to Jungkook," Taehyung informed as he thought of what to do without alarming all of the staff that was there.

He continued, "Let's go with the original plan before we run out of time. The floor has to be silently evacuated," Taehyung directed.

They whispered to all employees that their floor needed to be evacuated as a drill. The security officer got everyone to the safe place on the second floor, a board room that was never used.

Taehyung then slowly turned Jungkook's office door handle. It was locked. He went to the front desk and picked up two paper clips. He opened them up by bending them. And then he made curves with them at their ends. He put the first one in and turned it quietly, then added the other to twist the opposite way, until he heard a clicking noise. It was unlocked.

He slowly turned the knob as he didn't want to be heard by the stalker.

He opened the door slightly and took a peak in. There was a female, dressed in a pants suit standing with a gun pointed toward Jungkook. This made Taehyung's blood boil, but he couldn't get emotional right now. He had to think rationally.

He looked around the room through the small crack he made in the door. He saw Jimin lying down quivering. The guard was doing the same. The chick with the suit must've tased them. They were feeling the effects of it.

He could hear the lady speaking to Jungkook in a Russian accent.

He saw Jungkook with his hands and ankles tied. He could tell that he was in pain. Jungkook was muscular and could've probably easily gotten out of the restraints. But he probably feared what the blond lady would do with the gun.

Taehyung texted the detective to make sure he had enough officers on their way up to assist him.

"Your day has finally come. Soon, my brother's lover, Sehun, will be here to do to you what you caused to happen to my brother Ansha."

Jungkook responded, "I've never even heard of a man named Ansha."

"Don't you fucking lie bitch. I know for a fact that you had him as a personal from The Ice House and you caused him to lose his job. You reported that he creeped you out and they fired him."

"I'm sorry that your brother was fired. But I never contracted a personal named Ansha."

"We both know what you did. And him getting fired was not the worst part. He confessed his love for you. You rejected him and he was so distraught. He took fentanyl and killed himself."

"Oh, my God. Miss, I don't know you or your brother, but I can assure you, I don't know anyone with the name of Ansha. I believe you're blaming the wrong person for his misfortunes."

"You can lie all you want. We saw the text messages from him and your assistant here. There were scheduled appointments for you two."

By then, Taehyung had heard enough. He opened the door pointing his gun, catching the Russian-speaking woman off guard. She turned around as she heard the door open. She was going to try to shoot Taehyung but he got to her fast and dropped-kicked her. The gun flew to the floor, out of her hand. He pinned her to the ground and took another pair of his handcuffs out of the back of his pants, under the blazer he wore. He handcuffed her.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you give up that right, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed at no cost."

He picked her up and practically threw her into the chair facing Jungkook.

He looked at Jungkook and he looked scared. He looked as if he were more afraid of Taehyung than the gunman that was threatening his life just moments ago. He kissed him on the forehead and got him out of the restraints.

"Taehyung, do you always carry handcuffs on you? And did you just recite the Miranda rights to her?"

"Let's discuss this later ok, baby? Are you alright? Come here and have a seat on the sofa."

The Russian-speaking woman blurted out, "You just wait. My brother's fiancé will be here in a minute and all of you will be dead. You need to be saying your goodbyes now."

"You know what, I've heard enough of you talking. You keep it up and I'll tape your mouth fucking shut? You got it?" Taehyung asked her.

He continued, "Furthermore, that bastard will never make it. His ass is unconscious getting ready to go to jail. Looks like you'll see him before Jungkook does. Now how do you like that, Kira Ivanov?"

The lady was shocked and shut her mouth. She didn't want to incriminate herself even further. Her confidence was shaken.

The cops arrived and escorted Kira Ivanov out. A medical team came to take Jungkook, Jimin, and the security officer to the hospital to be checked out. Taehyung followed them to make sure Jungkook would be ok. He called Seojun after realizing no one may have briefed him. He said he would meet them at the hospital.

"I'm so happy this shit is over," Seojun said to the detective and Taehyung as they waited outside of Jungkook's triage room.

"I am as well," Taehyung added.

"So, can anyone tell me about these two?" Seojun asked.

"Well," the detective started, "It may sound complicated with all the names. But here goes. A guy named Oh Sehun pretended to be named Park Daejung and had a boyfriend named Ansha. This Ansha guy was a former personal of Jungkook's, so we think. At first, we believed that he may have been in love with Jungkook and confessed to him. But we found out from Jungkook that that never happened. But we assume Kira and Sehun thought that Jungkook was the one that canceled him as a personal and asked for a new one, prompting his firing. Supposedly he committed suicide after his rejecting him and losing the job."

He continued, "We found out that Jungkook didn't have this guy's name on his list so we did some research. Turns out, he did have an Anderson on the list."

Taehyung chimed in, "That's when we put together that this Anderson must've been Kira's brother. Sometimes, Russians give nicknames to loved ones by taking the first two letters of their first name and adding the letters -sha behind it. So, we looked up names that started with 'An' and that's how we found his name. We are trying to double-check to see how he died as we speak. Meanwhile, the perps have been arrested and are locked up at the county jail."

"I'm glad to hear it and I truly thank you guys for all of your hard work. I'm going to go check in with Jungkook one last time before going home," Seojun said as he went in to visit with his son.

That gave them a chance to talk.

"Yoongi, he saw me in action today at his office. I have to have a heart-to-heart with him," Taehyung said as he sat down and took a drink of his Coke.

"Now, seems to be the perfect time. As long as he's not still shaken up," Yoongi encouraged.

He continued, "Back to the former topic, I believe that we may need to head to the precinct later because we need to fill out reports."

"You're right. I'll head down there as soon as I get to talk with Jungkook."

"Ok, I'll leave you at it. Great work, Tae. We've got the real job ahead of us so get mentally prepared."

"Right. I'll see you later."

"Good night," Yoongi said as he waved at Taehyung and left the emergency room area.

Seojun had just left to give the news to his wife. Taehyung walked in to see him.

"Hey, babe. How are you feeling? What are the doctors saying?" Taehyung asked as he kissed his forehead.

"I'm still a bit shaken. They don't think they will keep me overnight. But since I'm here they ran several scans. Making sure that her tying me down didn't give me any internal problems, which I doubt. I didn't fight her in tying me down. I was afraid of what she would have done to the guard and Jimin. I'm just waiting for the results."

"That's great. The two stalkers are at the county jail and are being questioned. As soon as I get you home and you're safe, I'll have to go down there so that I can be questioned as a witness. Your dad has more officers at your place to make you feel safe."

"Speaking of officers, how are the Security Officer and Jimin?"

"They are fine and are being sent home. Jimin said he will message you later," he answered. "Do you need me to get you anything? A drink?"

"Yes, please. Maybe a Sprite Zero? I really need a stiff drink, but I assume they don't sell those here." They both laughed.

"Before you go Tae, you were going to tell me about why you had handcuffs on you earlier."

Before Tae could explain, the nurse came in.

"Hi, Mr. Jeon. I'm the RN that's on duty today. I've been told by Dr. Bromwell that you need to be on some fluids. You are almost dehydrated. So, I'm hooking up an IV for you, ok?"

Taehyung used this time to take out his billfold to grab some money. While he was doing so, the nurse and Kook were talking. He interrupted them, "I'll go get that Sprite Zero babe." He laid his wallet down on the side table and left out of the room.

"Dehydrated? I drink plenty of fluids," Jungkook told the nurse.

"When the doctor comes back in, he can explain what he found alright? Try to rest. This fluid will not take long. Hopefully, after the bag empties, you can be discharged and go home," the nurse informed.

While Tae was still gone, the doctor came back in.

"Mr. Jeon, everything looks ok. There's nothing broken. You don't have internal bleeding. We did run blood tests and I'm not sure if you knew, but you're pregnant," the doctor said.

"What? T-That can't be right. I'm on male-enhanced birth control," Jungkook exclaimed.

"There was no sign of birth control in your system. Perhaps you haven't been to your doctor to get another shot recently?"

Jungkook's mind was wandering off trying to think of when he had his last appointment. He checked his calendar on his phone and realized he missed an appointment three months ago, which means he hadn't been on birth control for over a month.

Pregnant? Fuck.

"So, how far along am I?" He asked quietly.

"Not sure, but judging by the type of birth control you were on that's in your file, you could be about 3-4 weeks. You will need to make an appointment with an obstetrician immediately," he suggested. "I'll have the nurse come in with some names for you to choose from if I need to."

"No, I'm ok. I'll get that info on my own. Thanks a lot, doctor."

"You're welcome. I'll prepare your discharge papers so that they'll be ready for you before you get released."

He left out and Jungkook let out a breath and started to cry. But, he knew that Taehyung should be on his way back, so he straightened up and wiped his face.

"Ok babe, here are your Sprites. I got a cup of ice and I'll just pour you some in the cup," Taehyung said.

Tae looked at his face and could tell he had been crying. He stood next to him and hugged him, kissing him on the top of his head. Jungkook's head was in his chest.

Jungkook needed this. Just the smell of Taehyung's cologne relaxed him.

"Are you alright baby? Looks like you've been crying. Are you still shaken up from the events at the office?" Taehyung asked, running his fingers gently through Kook's hair.

"Yeah, that's it. Just too much has happened and now I'm just taking it all in. That's all. No need to worry about me," he answered while sniffling.

I'm worried because I'm pregnant and I never expected to have children.

"Well, I know the stalker situation is over, but I can still spend the night until you feel comfortable being alone?" Taehyung was hoping that eventually, they would spend every single night together. But Jungkook had been through a lot and he didn't want to push him.

"Thanks, that would be great."

Jungkook's mind was preoccupied. He had forgotten all about asking Tae about the handcuffs he used on the stalker in the office. Something more important had taken over his thoughts.

Jungkook was preoccupied with his thoughts. What would Taehyung think about the pregnancy? Would he be ok with an abortion? Probably not. He seems to be on the conservative side. Jungkook remembered something Taehyung had said at the night of the second interview. He had said he didn't want kids right now and wanted to make sure Jungkook was on birth control. So, that answers the question on whether Taehyung would be upset or not.

Should Jungkook tell him? If he did, Jungkook would have to reveal a secret he had been hiding from him. Should he just abort without saying anything? Could he hide something like that from him?

Should he think of keeping the baby? How could he raise a child with his type of job? The kid would never see him. And he didn't want to put in the work of raising a small human being.

"Penny for your thoughts, Kook?" Taehyung asked.

"Nothing going on in my head. So much has happened that my brain is like mush," he said trying to smile. But Taehyung knew he was stressed. After all he had been through, Tae expected nothing less.

"Why don't you try to get some rest, babe? Just lie back and take some deep breaths," he suggested.

Tae massaged his feet and he noticed that they felt slightly swollen.

"Your feet seem swollen Kook. Do they hurt?"

"Not at the moment, because you are giving a wonderful massage. But they did ache a little when I wore the boots to work."

His feet were swelling probably because he was pregnant. He remembered that his sister had swollen feet with both her pregnancies. He had the thought right then that his sister and mom would be so excited for him to have a kid. Though his mom would worry about him because male pregnancies were a phenomenon that baffled doctors. It just wasn't safe.

"This is way off-topic, but why do you native New Yorkers wear such uncomfortable shoes to work?" He asked while he was massaging the other foot.

"Not sure of anyone else, but I have to look good. I'm in the entertainment business and I have to carry myself in a certain way. I have to be fashionable." He thought of how unfashionable he would be as a pregnant man. Ugghh.

The massage worked. Jungkook started to relax as he yawned. About five minutes later he had fallen asleep.

That's when Taehyung made his move to leave and head to the precinct. Jungkook's dad had put a security officer outside the room so he was comfortable leaving him there alone. He would call him later. He should be getting dismissed soon. Tae was hoping he wouldn't be at the precinct long. Maybe they could make it to his apartment at the same time so he wouldn't have to be alone.

Taehyung exhaled, feeling like he had been holding his breath for a long time. Tomorrow will be the day he shares what he actually does at his full-time job. It was time to come clean.

A/N
Just about 8 or 9 chapters left yall! There will be drama between these two. They both have secrets.

What do you think they are?

Next | He Left

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 9.4K 25
When two people with histories get married just for the sake of their family. Taehyung can never love someone other than his first love. Jungkook ca...
339K 18.8K 56
(completed)βœ… "I love you "--Taehyung "No you can't ... Don't waste your time on me cause I'm already dead "-- Jungkook ____________ Jeon Jungkook , h...
136K 4.6K 60
" You are my husband Jungkook not some whore, to please me whenever I want ! You have your say in everything. " - Seokjin. " You are slowly changing...
172K 11.1K 42
{BOOK ONE}...When literature student Jeon Jungkook steps in for his sick roommate to interview young prominent entrepreneur Kim Taehyung, he encounte...