Par Amour [Taekook ff]

By AfroArmyGirl

TYPE: πŸ”² General Fiction | βœ”οΈ Taekook ff | πŸ”² Non-Fiction Date Started: 04.30.2023 Date Finished:... More

i | intro
ii | character descriptions
iii | Par Amour Playlist
1 | The Proposition
2 | The Documents
3 | When Do We Start?
4 | Playing With Fire
5 | Rescue A Prince
6 | Christmas Candy
7 | White Wedding Cake
8 | A Day To Remember
9 | His Favorite Par Amour
10 | Happy New Year
11 | Moth to a Flame
12 | Friend and Friend
13 | Taken to Bed
14 | Is It Working?
15 | Collect Your Man
16 | Not of This World
17 | Total Bliss
18 | Now It's Over
19 | Clientele
20 | Taught Him to Love
21 | Screaming His Name
22 | The Real Deal
23 | A New Friendship
24 | Join Me
25 | Valentine's Day
26 | Together-Together
27 | Shacking Up
28 | Too Good To Be True
30 | One of Her Shooters
31 | Room 128
32 | Time To Come Clean
33 | He Left
34 | Someone I'd Like You To Meet
35 | I Want You To Go
36 | March Has Come
37 | Good Night, Baby πŸ‘…
38 | A Little Baby Girl
39 | I Hate You Too, Baby
40 | Par Amour
iv | Final Author's Note
v | Character's Q & A
vii | Playlist Narrative

29 | Tears of Worry

1.2K 61 6
By AfroArmyGirl

Bright lights. Big city.

New York was definitely lit up and Rockwood Music Hall was a crown jewel on the late February evening. Who knew it would be this great of a turnout at the very first Annual New York City Music Awards?

There was the usual buzz outside the venue like any other major city-wide event. Every news outlet, rather a television or print, had representation outside the hall. Commentators were already interviewing musicians and singers. There was plenty of talent around to get on camera.

Trial Date had already arrived and were getting photos taken of them. They were getting screams from local fans as they were walking toward the entrance of the famous hall. The band was already city-wide famous for their visuals. They would show up in all-white tees and ripped jeans. This style was almost a work uniform for them. They wanted to convey the message that though they were different in gender and background, the music placed them on common ground.

As Jungkook sat in his SUV, he saw plenty of fans in white tees and light denim jeans. He was ecstatic that the band was drawing the attention they worked so hard for. 

There were other artists there that had Jeon Enterprises as their managing company. Jeon Seojun wasn't going to be able to make it, but his son Jungkook and another VP, Choi Seongyoon would represent the company. Seongyoon conducted plenty of interviews as he was constantly asked which of his artists he favored in winning awards. He gave a diplomatic answer that all of Jeon Enterprises' musicians were winners and he was just there to support them all.

Taehyung and Jungkook finally got out of their SUV right in front of the hall. Loud screams belted out as onlookers realized that the one and only elusive new superstar model Kim Taehyung had arrived with Jeon Jungkook. The couple was bombarded with cameras. Jungkook could hear people calling Taehyung's name, as Tae tried to follow the voices in order to get plenty of photo ops. At least, that's what Landon had told him to do.

He did as he was told, but his mind was on Jungkook. He looked stunning in the black suit that he warned him of. It was indeed revealing but he looked absolutely ravishing.

Taehyung's mind was also on a more serious dilemma. Jungkook's stalkers could be out here. He wanted him to enjoy his evening, but he couldn't help but be concerned for his safety.

The perps would know ahead of time that Jungkook would be attending the awards, especially because the public knew that the new band Trial Date was formed by him and his team. Taehyung felt like Jungkook being out in the open made him a sitting duck. If he were to relay his trepidations to him, he would surely think that he was being overly cautious.

Taehyung escorted Jungkook inside the hall and they met up with the band. Jungkook took a few more photos with them. Their manager got more taken in varying poses in their signature white tees.

Then Taehyung introduced Jungkook to his friends.

"Jungkook, this is Chris and his husband Simon," he said as they all shook hands.

"Nice to meet you both," he said graciously.

"Oh the pleasure is ours," Chris responded. "And you're more beautiful in person. I hope you don't mind my saying."

Jungkook was blushing. It was a rare sight to see. Taehyung smiled.

Jimin and Baker made their way through the crowd when they saw Jungkook and Taehyung in the main entrance to the hall.

"Baker, look at this stunner and tell me he is not blessing your existence right now?" Jimin voiced as he was pointing toward Taehyung. Baker looked the model up and down with a smirk.

"Hello to you too, Jimin. You're just going to ignore me? I mean I'm here too," Jungkook replied while rolling his eyes.

"Sweetie, don't do that. Jealousy doesn't look good on you. But, yeah you look great too." Jimin gave him a hug.

Taehyung wanted to get Jungkook seated and so he led him into the main hall. Jimin and Baker watched them walk away.

"Baker, I just wanna fucking know what Taehyung wants from us?" Jimin shook his head as he tapped his friend's arm, signaling to go and find their seats.

Jungkook and Taehyung were in their seats. Right before the awards started, Taehyung reminded Jungkook of his safety plan for the night.

"Babe, I noticed that you were walking away from me in the lobby out there, but please don't make that a habit at the after-party," he explained.

"I'm going to be fine, Taehyung. Please don't stress over it."

"I'm not stressing. I'm just taking precautions. Also, when we leave, just a heads up, I've asked that the driver pick us up in the other SUV just in case someone was following us using the license plates. While exiting the building, you'll walk with me. You will only give one statement for the cameras. A security officer will walk in front of you, flank our sides, and walk behind us. Is that clear?"

"Oh my God, I know what the plan is," he said with a chortle. "You're stressing."

"I'm so not."

"Well, I don't want to argue about it. And I know when I'm with you, I'm safe. Let's just enjoy our night, ok?" Jungkook kissed him with a wet peck on the lips.

The awards show was going as predicted. Trial Date had just presented an award to another Jeon Enterprises band. The crowd got a look at the respect both bands had for each other. Later, Trial Date actually won one of their categories. They won for best single-song release.

When Trial Date performed their hit single, the entire room was up vibing to the song. The band finished and announced afterward that their new album was ready for purchase online. The crowd was ecstatic. Choi Seongyoon and Jungkook locked eyes and they both knew that this band was going places. And fast.

The awards ended promptly at midnight. Jungkook and Taehyung had already texted their friends and reminded them what to do once they made it to the location of the celebration. Jimin took the responsibility to mobilize the employees of the company.

The after-party venue was SPIN, in the Flatiron district. Jimin had chosen this place and made all arrangements. SPIN was a bistro, game station, and art exhibit in itself, with a full-scale bar and some of the best DJs that money could buy. For tonight though, Jeon Enterprises would use their own celebrity DJ.

The guests were scanned by security before entering and there were plenty of officers inside and outside the location. The company had rented the entire venue for the night so that they would have privacy. Soon the place was packed out with bands, singers, managers, and the like.

Chris and Simon had made it and as soon as they were checked out, they headed straight for one of the many Ping Pong tables and started to play.

Jimin went to the manager to assist in getting their tables set up. Even though there were several buffets of food already placed, the tables would be set for the guests to sit while eating, drinking, and visiting. Jimin had a table set up for his, Jungkook's, and Taehyung's close friends. There was a table for each band. Management had their own tables. And the rest could file in and sit where they wanted.

As Jimin looked around, he took pride that everyone was having a great time. Most of the ping pong tables were being used. There was great music being played and people dancing. The bar was full of Jeon Enterprises New Talent division as well as some upper management personnel. Some guests were already eating.

Taehyung and Jungkook were still outside the location. They had been in the car making out. Afterward, Jungkook needed to fix his hair and he added some more lip gloss to his now swollen lips.

Taehyung got out of the SUV and held the door open so he could get out. They were headed toward the front entrance. The music and laughter could already be heard. Jungkook smiled and had much anticipation in getting into the party to celebrate with his bands and to see everyone have a good time.

Just as they made it past the checkpoint station and were nearing the point of entrance, there were a couple of loud bangs, back to back. Sounded like firecrackers that had been fired inside.

Taehyung immediately covered Jungkook, pulling him to the floor. He could hear the crowds going wild as they were frantic. Taehyung pulled out his phone and called 911 to get the cops to the location. He, with the help of his detail, got Jungkook back to his car.

"Baby, stay here with your officers. I'm gonna go in and see what's going on inside," Taehyung informed him.

"No, what if they were gunshots? Taehyung you could go in there and get hurt," he complained.

"I'll be careful. And I'll be right back. Just don't make a move unless your detail approves. And please call your dad and let him know you're ok." And then he was off to the entrance.

The security detail was trying to get control of things. They shut off the entrances so that people couldn't leave. Taehyung headed straight to one of them and asked where the shots came from. Before heading toward the location they referred to, he checked to be sure Jimin and the rest of the friend group were okay. He asked them to stick together.

Taehyung ran over toward the men's bathroom where there were a couple of security officers there with a SPIN employee who was a first responder. Lying on the floor was a young man. Taehyung gasped aloud. Blood was oozing from the side of his head.

He had gasped because this guy looked as if he could be Jungkook. He wore a black pants suit with black suede shoes. His hair was black and pulled back into a pony tail, similar to Jungkook's. There was plenty of cleavage with his low-cut shear shirt underneath his black suit coat. He wore mascara and had pink-tinted lip gloss on his thin lips.

A million things ran through Taehyung's mind at that moment. And they all pointed to the fact that the stalker was there and must've shot this guy, mistaking him for Jungkook.

The cops were already pulling up and taking over. Taehyung spoke with them as he gave them the little knowledge he had of what took place, without mentioning his theory or tying Jungkook to the situation. Jeon Seojun had always wanted this matter to be handled by as few detectives and cops as possible.

He made it back to the car where Jungkook was waiting.

"Taehyung, what's going on in there? I hope it's not what I'm thinking."

"I'm not sure what you were thinking. But there were gunshots. And it looks like someone got hit," he answered him.

"Someone was shot?" He asked for clarification.

"Yes. A guy. He must've been in the restroom when it happened. Because I saw him there lying on the floor. He's been taken by ambulance to the hospital. Thank God for him that there was a first responder who knew how to help him."

Jungkook was now slightly frantic. Who would bring a gun to their party? How did they get in?

"Did they say who was shot? Did they catch who did it?"

"Yes and no. Yes, we know who's been shot. But the perp hasn't been spotted yet. One of the security officers is going through CCTV footage from the street and alley and sifting through the club's surveillance."

"Ok, so who was shot?" Jungkook asked.

"You may know him. I've heard that his name is Seongyoon. Seongyoon -something?"

"Oh, my God! He's my work colleague. Why would anyone want to shoot him?"

"I have my theories but I'd like to speak with your dad and the lead detective on your case first," he said grabbing his hand and kissing it to calm him. "Let's get you home."

Jeon Seojun and a couple of detectives met the couple at Jungkook's apartment.

"Hey Kookie, so sorry your celebration you guys planned ended this way. And I'm so sorry about Seongyoon. I know you like working with him," Seojun offered as he gently patted his son's shoulder. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm ok. I'm just really worried about Seongyoon," Jungkook answered as he plopped down on his couch. Taehyung sat on the arm of the sofa next to him.

"I did get information from his mother. He's in surgery to have the bullets removed. If he survives the procedure, he will be fine. I'll keep communicating with her and keep you posted," Seojun said as he was only trying to console Jungkook. He didn't want him to be stressed.

The businessman he is, he had also sent his public relations team to the location of the crime to handle the optics.

"So, what about the CCTV footage and the venue's surveillance? Did anything stand out?" Taehyung asked.

"We believe we have gotten some chatter. Apparently, there were two people at the party who got in with fake IDs. These two are who we are looking for on the footage," the detective offered.

"What was the chatter?" Seojun asked. Taehyung was also shifting a little as his anxiety rose.

"The two were talking but only one of them spoke in English. The other language was Russian. We're getting a translator to provide us with a transcript of the little chatter we could hear. I should have that transcript soon. And I'll provide you guys with the info at that time. Now, I myself heard the English speaker and I believe that the person was a male. The Russian speaker sounded like a female."

"So, these two could be the same transgressors that performed the stunt with the poisoned coffee," Taehyung offered.

"Yes. That's a possibility. Most importantly, we knew that the harassment and their scheme were coming to an end. I suspect that if we don't find them now, things could escalate pretty quickly. Jungkook, please remember all the directions we've given for your protection. It's going to be very crucial to never be alone without Taehyung or at least one of your guards."

"So, do you think I'll be safe going to work?" Jungkook asked.

"Only if you feel comfortable," his father answered.

"I believe that you should go about your daily routines. The only thing though, is please limit yourself to work and home. Going to work, will definitely draw the criminals back to their plans and maybe we can finally catch them in the act," the detective directed.

"So, basically, we're using Jungkook as a target or bait to catch them?" Seojun asked.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and he looked like he was worried. This was all too much on him. It seems that he can't even have a day's break without something interrupting his bliss and peace.

"I have two questions. First, how did they get into the building past the guards with guns? Secondly, why would someone shoot Seongyoon, though? How is this shooting related to me?" Jungkook looked around the room for someone to answer. Taehyung stepped up.

"I'm not sure of this, but I heard that the guns were already planted in the building. And babe, I told you I actually went into the restroom where he was shot. And I got a good look at him. Now, look at what you're wearing right now. You chose to wear a black pantsuit. Your black hair is pulled up into a small ponytail. When I went into that restroom and looked at the guy on the floor, he could've been you. Though you two only favor a little in the face, you both wore black suits with similar shoes. You're both the same height. He also wore his black hair pulled back in a ponytail."

"So, they thought he was me?" Jungkook almost said in a whisper, as he looked down, feeling bewildered.

"Yes. I believe they saw him and immediately thought he was you. It took us some time to get out of our car and we never got into the building. So they never saw you at the party and probably wondered why you weren't there yet. And then they saw Seongyoon and made him their target," Taehyung clarified.

Seojun stood to leave as he knew he'd have to comfort Jungkook's mom once she saw the shooting on the news. He kissed Jungkook goodbye and patted Taehyung on the arm.

Everyone left.

Taehyung decided to draw him a bath with his favorite bath bombs. Lately, he had been feeling weak and tired at the end of the day. He had gotten used to helping him undress when he was physically and emotionally exhausted. He helped him get undressed and into his bubble bath. He dimmed the lights like he liked them and cut on his YouTube relaxation playlist.

He didn't want to leave him. But, Jungkook needed this private time to think and to get his peace back. He needed emotional healing tonight. He would let him process it all on his own. So, he simply sat quietly and watched the man he loved, shed tears of worry. 

Next | One of His Shooters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 10.8K 34
{Completed} A story where Taehyung is a single dad who is unaware of his feelings for a certain boy, the boy he hasn't met for years. What will happ...
554K 24.1K 46
[ C O M P L E T E D] "How do you expect me to figure out something when i am straight taehyung?" "Look we--- wait what???? s-- straight? You...?" "Y...
140K 4.7K 60
" You are my husband Jungkook not some whore, to please me whenever I want ! You have your say in everything. " - Seokjin. " You are slowly changing...
49.4K 2.1K 15
where jungkook a shy,cute, beautiful, innocent and introvert while Taehyung a cold and strict but hot,handsome professor.πŸ₯΅πŸ₯ΆπŸ€­ how they will meet an...