The Cat & The Canary

By AmaterasuNoMangaka

After the accident with the Polyjuice Potion, Hermione is left with permanent features of a cat - ears, claws... More

CHAPTER ONE - THE BETRAYED
CHAPTER TWO - THE REACTION
CHAPTER THREE - A NEW LIGHT
CHAPTER FOUR - THE ASSAULT
CHAPTER FIVE - THE FAILED TEST
CHAPTER SIX - MONEY TALKS
CHAPTER SEVEN - THE PACT
CHAPTER EIGHT - THE CLAIM
CHAPTER NINE - ROWENA'S GALLERY & THE CONSPIRACY
CHAPTER TEN - PUTTING THE PIECES BACK TOGETHER
CHAPTER ELEVEN - BITTER BUSINESS
CHAPTER TWELVE - MEETINGS AND HIDDEN LORE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN - SNAPE'S SECRETS REVEALED
CHAPTER FOURTEEN - THE WRATH OF GRYFFINDOR
CHAPTER FIFTEEN - THE HEIR'S MISSION
CHAPTER SIXTEEN - MEETING A MATRIARCH
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - CLEARING THE FOG
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - MESSING WITH A MOTHER'S CUB
CHAPTER NINETEEN (PART I) - SCHOOL'S OUT EARLY
CHAPTER NINETEEN (PART 2) - THE GOLDEN HIGHLIGHT
CHAPTER NINETEEN (PART 3) - WHERE IS HE?
CHAPTER NINETEEN (PART FOUR - FINALE): THE INDIGO HIGHLIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY: THE MISSING LORD...LOCATED?!!!
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: THE LOST LORD...IS THE HOKAGE?!
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: A HIDDEN PAST REVEALED
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: BLOOD MEETS BLOOD, SOUL MEETS SOUL
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: ROYAL REVELATIONS
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: HEARING THE VIPERS' VENOM
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: REACHING OUT
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: CONNECTION
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: THE MOONCREST ESTATE
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: CALMING NERVES

CHAPTER THIRTY - DINNER WITH THE FUTURE IN-LAWS

1.7K 69 33
By AmaterasuNoMangaka

Amaterasu: Hello everyone, it's Amaterasu No Mangaka. I am pleased to share the final chapter of this story's main level. I have also been considering creating What If Chapters that will run parallel to this story. Without further ado, let's dive into the last chapter of Cat and Canary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mooncrest Manor - Foyer]

At Mooncrest Manor, Hermione watched as the Head Elf led in Madame Apolline Delacour and Monsieur Darius Delacour. Hermione had dressed all her elves in fancy outfits, and the Head Elf was no exception. Apolline wore a light blue dress embedded with gems and a matching hat. Darius had on a black suit with the Brooch of Clan Delacour on his chest and his short black hair brushed back. Fleur noticed Hermione's unease and touched her forearm, instantly calming her down.

"Introducing Madame Apolline Delacour & Monsieur Darius Delacour of the Clan Delacour." The Head Elf spoke to Hermione and Fleur as she bowed. Hermione looked at the couple and bowed her head, letting her ears lay flat on her curls that were tamed in a ponytail.

"Madame and Monsieur Delacour, welcome to our home," Hermione used a firm yet gentle tone while speaking with her mate's parents, aiming to maintain her image as a strong and responsible heir and homeowner. Unlike other pureblood families who mistreated creatures, she wished to show kindness and compassion towards them. It was important to her to remain true to her values and not become like those who did not share her beliefs.

"Heiress Saber-Lobos, it's an honor to see you again." Apolline smiled at Hermione and her husband returned it in kind.

"My Wife told me about your first encounter with her and our daughter - you stopped a mugging with your Sabertooth Form. As the night progresses, I would love to see it if that is alight with you." Darius said as he bowed his head to Hermione with a smile on his face. Fleur smiled at her Parents before leaving Hermione's side and hugging her parents, who hugged her back in return.

"Maman! Papa! I'm glad you have come tonight." Fleur said as she broke the hug and looked at her parents.

"We wanted to see how you and your mate were doing, Fleur, has she been treating you well?" Darius asked his daughter with a raised eyebrow.

"She treats me like a Queen, Papa. Do you not see the lovely dress and trinkets she  purchased for me?" Fleur asked as she showed off the rings on her fingers and the tiara upon her golden locks.

"Your Mate has decent taste in fashion and trinkets, I'll give her that but I am curious about how your relationship is progressing," Apolline said as she looked from Fleur to Hermione, who stood there in silence but a smile on her face.

"Why don't we save that talk for dessert, Maman? Come on, the Elves have made a rather delicious meal for us." Fleur said as she walked over to her mate and wrapped her hands around Hermione's offered arm, the hybrid turned to follow the Head Elf into the dining hall where the table was set with a variety of meals - from French to English - but Hermione's meals contained more meat than the others and her steak was well done.

The Heads of the Delacour Family, The Heiress of the Delacour Family, and the Heiress of multiple families sat down across from each other, Hermione and Fleur side by side as Hermione's hands trembled in her lap from the amount of anxiety she was feeling at the moment until Fleur reached over and placed her hand on top of Hermione's balled fists. The family ate and conversed - arguments of debates were made and laughter was shared but soon the meals were extinct and Darius Delacour wiped his mouth of crumbs and sauce before placing the napkin on the empty platter before him and turning to face Hermione with a serious glare in his eyes.

"Tell me, Hermione, you have been in the company of my daughter - alone - for a week to see if you wanted to solidify your bond with her. You must understand a few things about the Delacour Family: While I am not a Veela myself, the Veela are very trusting of the person they have been mated to and would do anything for them; going to any length to make them happy but they deserve the same treatment in return. This is my warning to you: If you break my daughter's heart for your selfish reasons, I will come for you and your family and all you are worth. Do you understand, Dagworth-Granger?" Darius asked as he narrowed his eyes with his teeth bearing as if he had fangs but his wife placed a hand on his shoulder, causing him to look at her.

"Darius, my love, you are scaring the poor girl. I have seen the way Hermione looked at our daughter during the dinner; it is rather clear that Hermione would not do anything to harm our daughter and will keep her safe." Apolline said as she looked at her daughter and her mate. Hermione looked at the rings on her hand with concern - would her station bring danger to her mate? Fleur placed her hand on Hermione's hand, covering the rings and making Hermione look at her - concern in Fleur's eyes made Hermione grab Fleur's hand, bring it to her lips and kiss her knuckles.

"Lord Delacour, I have been alone for a rather long time and Fleur comes into me and showed me that is more to life than my station. I've had friends betray me, golddiggers target me, and so many other things happen to me. Fleur is one of the main things in my life that made me happy and I shall not ruin her light. She is a part of me. I will burn this world for her. I would live for her. I would die for her. I would kill for her. I would give up my station to live happily for her." Hermione said as she looked into Fleur's eyes as tears flowed down her face, Fleur leaned forward and placed her lips on Hermione's, making the Hybrid purr against her lips and Fleur chuckle. Lord Darius looked at this display of affection and smiled before nodding.

"I understand your devotion to my daughter. When is the wedding?" He asked as Hermione and Fleur broke their kiss and looked at the parents.

"Well, I think Fleur has earned the right to plan the wedding and I would pay for it." Hermione explained as she looked at Lord Darius.

"Don't you mean your parents would pay for it?" Apolline asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No, My Lady. You see - The Dagworth-Granger Family has a tradition. We are providers for the ones who love and when we find someone we love, we are to pay for the entirety of the wedding to prove to our future in-laws that we are going to provide everything for our spouses and children." Hermione explained, at the word 'children', Fleur's face lit up like a Christmas Tree Light.

"Children? You see yourself having children with my daughter?" Darius asked with folded arms and a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I would love a family of my own one day. My Father said something about my body changing when I fully master the Dagworth-Granger's Power. I don't know how but I'll find out soon enough." Hermione said as she reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a ring box and turned towards Fleur, opening it, revealing a female golden ring with all 4 of the Crests (Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Dagworth-Granger, and Saber-Lobos) in a circle. Fleur's eyes widened and her hands went to her mouth. "Fleur, I know that we have only been together for a week but I know that we are meant to be together - you allowed me to open my heart to you when I closed it out of fear of getting hurt. You have shown me love, respect, and courage; I don't want to share you with anyone and I want everyone to know that you are mine and mine alone. Will you accept this ring to show our bond and the fact that we are going to get married when we are old enough?"

"YES!" Fleur yelled as she jumped out of her chair and wrapped her hands around Hermione's neck and kissed her again before Hermione slid the ring onto Fleur's ring finger. Fleur's Parents looked at them and clapped along with the House Elves. 

"Well said, Hermione. We approve of your engagement to our daughter but there is one thing that I want to know." Darius said.

"Yes, Lord Darius?" Hermione asked.

"Your Firstborn... Can you name it after me?" He asked.

"Sorry, Love, but the firstborn shall be named after me." Apolline said as she smiled at Fleur and Hermione, "Right?"

Darius and Apolline glared at each other and started dating who the firstborn would be named after while Fleur looked at her ring and Hermione looked at her Fiancee. For the first time in her life, Hermione was really happy. While Fleur would be returning to France soon, she was going to enjoy the time she had with the woman she loved and we they met again, they were going to be married. Fleur looked up from her ring and nuzzled into her mate's chest and Hermione rested her head on top of Fleur's head.

"Is this what you were planning when you went into town alone that day?" Fleur asked.

"I wanted it to be a surprise and I hope you like the design of the ring. I want you to know that you are the Future Lady of Four Houses." Hermione said as she smiled at Fleur.

"I can't wait until we are married. Just one thing, Hermione: Don't let those whores near you, I don't mind sharpening my claws on their plastic faces." Fleur warned as her eyes flashed gold.

"Yes, Dear." Hermione gulp.

"Good." Fleur said as she kissed Hermione again.

This was the start of their eternal relationship.

[THE END]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 573 68
Mallorie Valentine and Fred Weasley had been best friends their whole lives. Their parents gone to school together so they had spent a lot of their c...
7.2K 153 86
Phoenix Jane Diggory, Cedric Diggory's kid sister and Ron Weasley's bestest friend since birth. Just cross the dirt path and a couple of trees from t...
6.7K 413 98
Eleanor is a muggle. Or that is what she thought. At age 15, she learns that there might be more to her, that she might be a witch. She is then sent...
644 18 12
Heaven, that's what she is called. The girl that went to Beauxbaton school. She just transferred to Hogwarts. The only people she knows there are the...