Father, I don't want to get M...

By Lilacjwan

Based on a novel "Daddy, I don't want to get marry!" I am Seokjin? The son of the duke and the villain of thi... More

Main Characters
The Death of a Villain
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
Tea Party ( 1 )
Tea Party (2)
I Don't Love You Anymore

10

226 24 13
By Lilacjwan

Seokjin's pov:

'I was right. He must be a wandering swordsman or mercenary. Judging by his simple clothes and lack of belongings, he was probably kicked out because he couldn't pay. I guess he came here because he has nowhere else to go but why today of all days.'

Now that I thought about it, he didn't receive an official welcome when he visited my father a few days ago. The servants didn't attend to him either, so he probably wasn't an official guest.

'That's probably why he didn't come through the front door but through my window instead.'

I sighed and felt displeased by my father's absence at a time like this. 'I guess it can't be helped.'

I wasn't a nice person by nature, I wasn't so cold-hearted as to ignore someone who didn't have a home to go back to. After renting so many one-bedroom apartments in my past life, I knew how sad it was to not have a permanent home. I looked at him pitifully.

"If you don't have a place to go tonight, you can stay in my room for a while."

"What?" He stared at me with wide eyes. His expression made me feel a little proud of myself.

"You don't have to thank me. Just pay me back when you become successful in the future."

He continued to stare at me with confusion. I guess this was expected because not many people would show this degree of kindness.

"I'm going to go back to sleep." I said, content that the situation was sorted out. "You should go to sleep too, okay?"

I laid back down but suddenly felt a gush of cold air through the open window.

"Hey, could you close the window?" I asked him.

"Why should I?" He responded, arrogantly and looked down at me with folded arms.

'What did my father even teach him? Obviously not manners.'

I sat up on my bed again, I noticed his thin clothes. 'He's troublesome but it can't be helped.'  I closed the window and brought a blanket over to him. He was still standing with an arrogant posture.

"It gets cold because we're in-between seasons." I reminded him.

He stared at me without accepting the blanket.

'Seriously? He can't even do this on his own.'

I felt like I was caring for a pet. I wanted to say something but I didn't even have the energy to argue with him anymore. I stepped closer to him and placed the blanket over his shoulders. His red eyes stared at me as if to ask me what I was doing but I didn't have the energy to explain myself.

"Good night." I immediately fell asleep after saying those words.

Jungkook's pov:

'He really fell asleep.'  I furrowed my eyebrows and gazed at him in front of me. 'What kind of person is he?'

I had met many people in my life but no one had treated me like this. They either trembled in fear or tried to hide their fear. Their fear was the only thing they shared in common. However, my master's son wasn't like either of those things. I recalled the first time we met.

"Hey, can you hear me?" I poked his shoulder with my sword.

He was relaxed the whole time we talked and had even fallen asleep in front of me. Not even my strong master had shown such a defenseless state towards me. I had no choice but to marvel at him.

'This is annoying.'

I was bothered by his laid-back attitude and impolite manner of speech. Upon remembering my top priority, which was to deal with the source of my annoyance. I reached towards seokjin's neck with narrowed eyes. But without realizing it. my hand stopped where his lips were. The tip of my finger lightly brushed against them but Seokjin continued to sleep soundly.

'He is so dull.'  I frowned and brushed away a few strands of hair that clung to his forehead. 'He's troublesome that even I'm beginning to feel tired.'

When I became aware of this odd sensation, my face hardened.

'I'm feeling tired? '

After witnessing numerous deaths on the battlefield, I had never let my guard down. But I felt myself becoming drowsy and my eyelids growing heavy, this unfamiliar sensation was definitely fatigue. I blinked and tried to keep alert but exhaustion swallowed me whole.

'I can't fall asleep here.......'  My determination to observe seokjin lost strength. '.........I'll just rest for a little bit.'

I blew out the candle and curled up near the foot of the seokjin's bed. The warm blanket that covered my body made me feel even more drowsy. When I closed my eyes, I felt a comfortable sensation that I hadn't felt since my mother passed away.

☆☆☆☆☆

Seokjin's pov:

A vicious dragon was ravaging the empire. It was like a natural disaster had swallowed the empire whole, inflicting harm even when barriers had been set up and people were being evacuated.

I quietly hide at home when the dragon began attacking our mansion. When it spotted me, the creature approached me with flaring nostrils. Before it was too late, my father appeared to fight it.

"How dare you aim for my son." He said. "I won't let you go."

Just then my eyes shot opened, it was clearly a dream. I felt happy when I woke. 'Dragons, huh.'  It seemed like a lucky dream. For some reason, I felt like today would be a good day. That was until I saw the man sleeping near the foot of my bed.

'Why did he have to fall asleep here out of all the places? Does he like my bed?'

I sighed and observed the man's face. Now that his red warlike eyes were closed, he looked harmless.

'He has bad manners but he's definitely handsome.'

I suddenly became worried about what would happen if someone saw him in my room. Perhaps they would think that the vicious Lord Kim had kidnapped and imprisoned a handsome man. While it was true, he was more attractive than yoongi, I wasn't very fond of this situation.

'He should leave before someone misunderstands the situation.'

The maids didn't come into my room without permission but I didn't want to risk it. I locked the door of my room and shook his shoulder trying to wake him up.

"Hey.....huh?" The man pushed me so hard that I flopped on the floor. I was lucky there was a carpet, otherwise my back could have become injured.

"What are you doing?" The man said, what I wanted to say and hovered  over me. His eyes shined brightly.

Jungkook's pov:

I hadn't felt such warmth and comfort in a long time. I wanted to sleep like this forever but when I realized that someone was approaching me, goosebumps prickled my skin. After surviving many battles, my body had become extremely sensitive to changes in my environment.

Even before I had fully awakened, I pushed the person who briefly touched me. I climbed over the body and instinctively tried to grab the person's neck. That's when I saw a pair of blue eyes. There was only one person who had eyes like an akin to periwinkle flowers floating on a serene lake.

'Oh, I remember what happened now.' When my senses gradually returned, so did my reason. Then I realized what I had done.

'I've become insane.'

I had originally planned to leave after resting for a while but I somehow lost control of myself and fell into a deep slumber. I couldn't find any traces of the drowsiness that had dominated my body but the aftermath impacted me greatly.

'I can't believe I let my guard down in front of him.'  I reprimanded myself then saw Seokjin staring at me.

'He's not even scared.'  My actions could have been fatal but he didn't even look frightened.

"What were you trying to do?" I spat out, attempting to scare him.

Contrary to my expectations, he broke out into a smile. The corner of his eyes creased and his pink lips widened to reveal pearly teeth. When his cheeks brightened to complement his beautiful face. I was reminded of a flower in full bloom. I tried to look away, but an irresistible force kept me from doing it. I forget how to think for a moment and stared blankly at his face.

Seokjin's pov:

I stared at my father's disciple. 'Why is he so ungrateful?'  I had given him a place to sleep and woke up on time but he was still speaking to me in a rude and impolite manner. He reminded me of someone in my previous life who had never opened up to me, even though I had treated him very nicely.

'He gives off a familiar feeling......' That's not important right now. 'I have to ask him, why he is talking impolitely to me.'

"What are you looking at?" He asked, aggressively.

I suddenly forget what I was going to say and burst out laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" The man was displeased but I couldn't stop myself. The way he behaved was very similar to the little guy I knew from my past life.

He glared at me. "Don't laugh." He said, fiercely.

I felt bad about laughing at him for what seemed like no reason but it was difficult to control myself after seeing his expression.

'As I thought, he resembles the aggressive black bunny I often saw near my home.'

The man frowned, seeming to be unhappy with my smiling face.

"Stop laughing." He commanded.

It was difficult to control myself then I heard Beomgyu's voice outside the door.

"Have you awakened, Lord Kim?"

I immediately stopped laughing and frowned. 'I should stay calm.'  I thought to myself. First, I had to do something about the man on top of me.

"Hey, can you move?" I asked.

He frowned at my request but stood up.

"You have to help me up too." I said. I extended my hands out to him but he glared at me and turned around, leaving me no choice but to get up myself.

'Seriously, what's the matter with him? I guess it can't be helped.'

I recklessly grabbed his hand.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

Surely, enough, he didn't budge when I tried to tug him away. I had no choice but to trick him.

"Come here, I have something to show you." I lied.

He frowned but didn't put up a fight when I dragged him into my dressing room, which was connected to my bedroom.

'It should be safe in here.'

"If you don't want there to be any misunderstandings, stay here and be quiet." I said as I opened my closet door.

"Misunderstandings?"

"You know, something like how we spent the night together. Well, we did differently."

"A different way?" He asked with curiosity.

I was surprised that I had to explain this to him but I tried to do so in a refined way.

"Like how animals mate." I said.

"What? What kind of....!" He yelled as soon as I finished speaking.

I quickly covered his mouth with my hands.

'How can he raise his voice here when Beomgyu might here! I can't believe he is so careless.' 

When it seemed like he had calmed down, I removed my hands.

"You don't want someone to think, right? Great. Me neither."

His handsome face twisted at my words. 'Okay, he's listening to me now.'

I smiled. "I am just asking you to cooperate since you've been staying in my room."

The man stared at me then nodded slowly. I felt somehow happy now that the rebellious man had suddenly become obedient.

"How nice it is now that you're listening to me." I muttered, unconsciously.

I saw him frowning again.

"You......" He tried to say something but I hurriedly closed the closet door before he could finish.

"Is everything okay, Lord Kim? Why is the door locked?" When I heard Beomgyu's voice, I quickly walked towards my bedroom door and unlocked it.

'I could have gotten into big trouble if I hadn't done so.'  I sighed in relief and opened the door.

Beomgyu stared at me with puzzled eyes.

"Did something happen? You've never locked your door before." He asked with a worried expression.

"Oh, I was afraid someone might break in." I made up an excuse.

"Huh?" Beomgyu asked with surprise then smiled. "My lord, there's no such person in the world who would try to break into Duke Kim's mansion. If there is, they must be out of their mind. It's well known that neither assassins nor thieves dare to come near the mansion."

I sighed. There had Surely been no assassin or thief but there was definitely an insane man sitting in my closet right now.

'Beomgyu was always careless about such possibilities.'

I couldn't tell him about the intruder hiding in my closet, so I hurriedly added, "We can never be too sure, especially since father isn't here."

Beomgyu expression hardened at my words as if he suddenly realized the danger we could be in. He clutched my hands with his own.

"Lord kim." He said. "Master will safely return home."

"Yes, I know." I answered. Although, I was confused as to why he was suddenly saying this, I agreed with him. After all, how would others return home safely if the strongest swordsman in the empire could not?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 15.4K 58
"Prince Jungkook will cease to be a prince and would be the king of this kingdom from now, and his newly wedded wife, the princess of Cyrus, will be...
1.3M 51.7K 45
Seven Royals, Prince of Gwacheon, Kim Seokjin Lord Min Yoongi from Daegu Prince of Gwangju, Jung Hoseok Prince of Ilsan, Kim Namjoon Lord Park Jimin...
120K 3.2K 22
Darkness is the word that I describe myself. Every day is a living hell. Other girls were jealous of me for marrying handsome young Ceo Jeon Jungkook...
111K 4.3K 53
"What did you think? That I would be scared off by your threats?" I leaned down to him making our faces inches apart. "From now on I'll do what I wan...