MISSTEPS OF LOVE / Jikook Koo...

By ultim8JIMINatic

Jungkook stared deeply at Jimin's eyes, watched the tears flow from them, watching fervently how they run dow... More

1- Bewildered at First Sight
2 - Trouble The Day After
3- The Timely Opportunity
4- Hate at Second Sight
5- The Undeniable Infatuation
6- A Bullying Messed Up Day
7- The Uncertain Choice
8- Unexpected Call And Wishful Thinking
9- On The Road To (Un)Bliss?
10- Angel on Earth
11- A Clumsy Sweet Feeling (1)
12- A Blossoming And A Withering
13- A Sleepless, Clueless Rich Guy
14- The Men In Black
15- A Very Naked Friend
17- A Gift That Matches His Eyes
18- Cold Shoulders
19- Fighting Against Feelings 1
20- Fighting Against Feelings 2
21- A Friend's Heartbreak
22- Jealousy Brings Out The Worst
23- Another Unwanted Kiss
24- A Treasure In The Trash
24- The Wedding Announcement
25- Insincere Apology To A kind Guy
27- Valid Wedding Talks
28- Spying Revelation
29- The Hesitant Fiancé
29- Latenight Talks Between Lovesick Fools
30- Saying Sorry With Daisies
31- The Runaway Groom
32- A Blushing Friend With A Secret
33- The Running Man
34- Confessions and A New Friend
35- The Streetsweeper Wannabe
36-Convo In The Car
37-A Moment In Slow Mo
38- Trying Out The Bridal Carry
39- Apologies, Drumbeats and Realization
40- An Angel On His Bed
41- Couples' Night At The Jeons
42- Friendly Talk, Sad Story, Warm Hand
43- How To Undo A Bad First Kiss- Part 1
44- How To Undo A Bad First Kiss-Part 2
45- The Kiss-blocker And Late Morning Tête-à-tête
46- The Charm Bracelet
47- A Visitor At Three AM
48- Memories And A Choice
49- A Jeon At The Parks
50- Fine Love In The Spring Air
51- A Sneaky Employee
52- The Prince In His Heart
53- Netflix And Chill
54- Silver Lining In The Dark Clouds
55- The Unexpected Extras
56- Vulnerable Certainties
58- A Day Of Truth And Lies Pt2
59- Two Scheming Sisters And A Furious Hyung
60- An Extraordinary Embrace
61- FIRED!
62-Chasing The Runaway (Pt1- Road Stories)
63- Chasing The Runaway Pt2.
64- A Promise of Forever

57- A Day of Truth And Lies Pt.1

1.1K 112 33
By ultim8JIMINatic

Jimin bought corndogs and gimbaps for takeout. He is going to Jungkook's workplace and spend a short afternoon break with him.

He was nervous but he strived to let go of his doubts and be more sensible. He planned to have an open heart to heart conversation with his fiancé.

He was now certain that there's nothing that he should be worried about although he does want to talk about the woman and learn about Jungkook's past relationships.

He read somewhere that if the relationship is free of insecurities and is strong, talking about previous ones won't be a problem but it would help partners understand each other and become closer.

Therefore, he believes it will be beneficial for both of them. It will make him understand and slowly start to learn more about Jungkook's other side of things like what were his experiences in his past love affairs, what he had been through in them.

Trust and transparency is the key for a long lasting, strong relationship. He should let go of his insecurities and anxieties and open up with his fiancé and make his fiancé open up to him as well.

********

He was able to learn upon calling the secretary that Jungkook will be in his office at the time he will arrive. He took a taxi and went to one of the towering and grand JuJeon group's modern buildings, carrying a bit of nervous anticipation and the usual excitement he feels everytime he is about to see the man he loves.

When Jimin reached the exclusive floor of his CEO- husband's office, the secretary, Gyuri, wasn't at her desk.

He thought it would be nice to surprise Jungkook and directly went to quietly open his office's door.

From a slightly opened door, smiling and holding a bag of takeout foods, he took a careful peep inside, readying to say a surprise hello.

What he saw surprised him instead and caused him to feel queasy as his heart was striked with a violent stabbing pain.

Jimin's mouth gaped open, his eyes turned round and wide with harrowing disbelief at what unfolded before him.

He saw a woman with Jungkook, the two standing behind the desk, their faces pressed together and it looked like they were kissing and hugging from Jimin's perspective a few meters away.

Jungkook's back is facing him, the woman's arms were around Jungkook's neck, Jungkook seemed to be embracing her as well as his hands were holding the other's waist.

Jimin was certain it was the woman from the morning in the apartment eventhough he wasn't able to totally see her actual face because it was partly hidden behind Jungkook's head while they were kissing. Her clothes are the same though and there's no mistaking with her figure and her hair.

Jimin's voice was lost within him. He was shocked to his core that it rendered him immobile and mute for a few seconds. He turned away unnoticed by Jungkook. He walked briskly towards the elevator, his mind in total disarray, only the scene from the office awhile ago was torturing his mind.

When he was inside the elevator it was only then he felt his knees almost giving in and his glassy eyes had let his tears to fall. In weak, slow steps he walked out of it and away from the building and wandered aimlessly along the road with blurry vision as his eyes were overflowing with tears.

Jimin sat on a bench at a corner of a sidewalk, his body devoid of energy. His mind was trying to register and decipher everything that he saw, everything that's happened during that day.

He couldn't make himself believe of the possibility that Jungkook is betraying him, that Jungkook is playing him... that Jungkook's words and actions of love were absolute lies.

'What should I do?...how could you Jungkookie? why would you... why?' Jimin can't describe the pain and confusion he felt.

Jimin realized he was still holding the bag of packed food he was supposed to eat with Jungkook and he started sobbing with a heartbreaking sound that some passerbys take notice. One old lady took pity on him, approached and tried to ask and console him but all he did was talk with broken syllables in between his sniffles and tears.

"I- I..w-will be a-alright, a-ju- m-meoni... n-no.. I.. I..d-don't r-really know.. b-but t-thank you.. c-can you t-take this f-food... W-We can't e-eat them a-any m-more.."

After bowing at the elder and respectfully saying goodbye, wiping his non-stopping tears, he hailed a cab towards home.

**********

The house is empty when Jimin arrived home as he expected both his stepfather and his Hobi hyung were working, managing their small businesses.

He was sitting on a dining chair, his arms stretched on the table, staring blankly at the wall for a long time with heavy tears rolling down his pale cheeks, only feeling heartbroken not even an emotion of anger yet towards Jungkook.

His phone rang.
It was Jungkook.
Jimin let it rang till it stopped.
It rang again.
Jimin took a deep breath and pressed the answer key.

"Hi love. Saw your missed calls. I was in a meeting."

"H-How did it go?" Jimin asked weakly and calmly, fighting the urge to weep loudly and let out an emotional outburst.

"Never been better. I believe this year's going to be more prolific than ever for our hotels and the Jujeon group in general.. where are you now? Still with your friends? Are you really gonna deprive me of your beautiful company this afternoon?"

"I..I am home. I c-can't go there, I'm sorry."

"Hey, what's wrong love? you sound different. Something the matter?"

"K-Kookie...who's L-Lee Yoobi?"

"Y-Yoobi?" Jungkook's flabbergasted voice boomed on the speaker. "W-Why? H-How'd you know her?"

"Who is she, Jungkook?"

Jungkook noticed Jimin's very serious but sad tone, no endearment, no sweetness, no 'kookie'. His wariness increased a notch. He got more worried as he can't take Jimin being this way.

He knew that Jimin doesn't fully give him his trust yet.

Somehow, afterall those days they've been together, giving his all to let Jimin feel his sincerity and his total devotion to him, he feels Jimin still has his doubts and insecurities showing from time to time.

Jungkook feels Jimin somehow isn't very secure yet with his love for the younger given the history of their situation and the whirlwind-like-romance that happened between them.

Jimin doesn't show his jealousy. He keeps to himself the questions most of the time and it will be Jungkook who would thoughtfully tell him and explain, even if Jimin wouldn't ask.

So at that moment, Jungkook was deeply bothered and in his distress, he sounded nervous in a way. He doesn't want anything or anyone to cause Jimin to be distrustful of him and for the younger to be distressed as well.

"She's no one, Jimin. I mean, she's not someone that matters to me or to us. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of dating her for a short time but that was long before I met you... Why do you ask? How did you know her?"

"She..she went in to your apartment this morning without buzzing. She knew the code to your door. She took back her earrings from your bedroom. She told me she left it there a few days ago."

"Oh God! That crazy nuisance of a woman! J-Jimin whatever she said to you, don't ever take them as facts. She is seriously delusional. Jimin, it wasn't a secret that I've dated a lot before. You knew that love, I am never proud of it, that I've played around when I was younger and immature, although there were a fewthat I truly respected and liked.. but with Yoobi, she was the last woman I dated before you came. We went out a few times with the intention of wanting to really know her and be in a long term relationship. I've started seeing her a few days before my birthday but I distanced myself upon realizing she's not someone that I could really like. The amazing thing is, when I met you that morning in my hotel room, I felt so certain that it's not her that I wanted and decided right there and then that I would end it with Yoobi and I did. I definitely ended it with her! I met with her that afternoon and frankly told her it's not gonna work out. I didn't see her anymore after that."

"B-But she said she left the earrings there a few days ago... and she knew your lock's code."

"I never, ever took her in my apartment. I have a pretty idea how she managed to know my code but I swear she had never been to my place. I never even slept with her. We just dated a few times. And I've never been with her nor saw her again sinced that day I told her it was over. Jimin, was this the reason you sounded unwell this morning? Why did you not ask me immediately? Is it because you still don't trust me, Jimin? Please, please don't doubt me, my love. That woman sure has malicious intentions, trying to sabotage us. I sincerely love you, Jimin. You are the only one for me."

Silence.

""J-Jimin? Jimin answer me. I will go there. We'll talk about this personally ok?"

"D-Did you.. r-really.. never.. saw her again?"

It was Jungkook's turn to be silent for an awkward moment.

Jimin heard and felt Jungkook's hesitation.

"Yes.. N-No..I mean, w-well, a-actually I saw her this afternoon. She came by the office just to see her sister, Gyuri. Yoobi is my secretary's sister.. That's probably how she knew my door's code as I onced asked Gyuri to get something from the penthouse and I guess that's how she acquired the pin. Gyuri told her. That's the only explanation I can think of."

"J-Jimin?" Jungkook asked after a few seconds of waiting for a reply.

"..so.. you s-saw her today... and did you..t-talk to her?"

Jimin heard a slight sound of a deep breath. It sounded like Jungkook sighed heavily. "No. She just passed by very quickly. I saw no reason to interact with her. She is not important, Jimin. She plays no part, not even a fucking tiny dent in my life or between us." Jungkook stated with a very calm, matter-of-fact tone that intends to reassure Jimin eventhough a little bit delayed in his response.

Jimin clenched his mouth with his hand, scrunching his brows, trying very hard to stifle his crying sound but his tears kept falling. Jungkook, although saying a half-truth, still was lying to him!

Of course, he wouldn't say he hooked up with her, he wouldn't say they made out in his office..
'But why would you kiss her, Jungkook? Why were you kissing, why were you holding each other?' Jimin mused painfully.

'Should I ask you? I'm scared..I'm scared to hear what will probably break me. I am afraid to ask because I am afraid to hear the truth... the truth that you don't really love me... or that you are just playing me..or that I am just not enough.'

"Jimin please? Is it too much to ask for you to trust me? Soon we'll get married and.. I need.. I wish very much for you to trust me. Please do-not worry about that woman... there's only you in my life now.... I will come over. We'll talk, ok?"

"No. You don't need to come. Just go to your father. It's going to be alright, K-Kookie. I..I will trust you..." Jimin lied.

"Oh Jimin! Thank you, love. You make me really happy knowing that. I love you. Will see you tomorrow, okay?"

"O- Ok.. you take care. I love you very much, Kookie."

****************

Supposed-to-be a longer chap but I'm sick and publishing might make me feel better.

Just about 5 to 6 chapters left. This time I am sure.

Please bear with the slow updates. 🥺

Fighting all! Borahae💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441K 12.2K 40
"Jungkook, I'm warning you...Don't dare to touch me...! " You half yelled at him. His smirkfull but handsome face right an inch toward you as his ho...
40.5K 3.4K 25
"I don't like you" Jimin said while applying lotion on his body after taking a bath as Jungkook rolled his eyes, getting on the bed ready to sleep. "...
180K 12.2K 70
🐥🐰 : Pure Fiction 🖤 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : "Don't look at me like that" Jungkook whispers panic...
16.9K 1.2K 11
🐥🐰 : Alternate Universe ❤️ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : Jimin is seen shy around Jungkook these days...