max ziegler | dance moms

By luvspeaknow

maxine grace ziegler is the younger sister of maddie and mackenzie. she's a fabulous little dancer, but can s... More

❤︎︎
The Competition Begins!
Wildly Inappropriate
Cheerleader Blues
Stealing the Show
When Stars Collide
Dying to Dance
She's a Fighter
Love on the Dance Floor
From Ballerinas to Showgirls
Cathy Brings It On!
There's Only One Star
Everyone's Replaceable
Return of the Candy Apples
Brooke's Turning Point
No One Likes a Bully
Brooke's Back
Jill on the Rampage
Bullets and Ballet
The Runaway Mom
Miami Heat Wave
Melissa Pleads the 5th
Waiting for Joffrey

It All Ends Here

322 5 1
By luvspeaknow

It's finally here. It's Nationals time! And, even better, Mommy's back! I was so excited to go to Lake Tahoe and compete.

"Max, I'm so so so proud of you! Kelly sent me the video, you were amazing!" Mommy exclaimed when she found out about my win. I was very happy. "But no more swearing, you're too young for that. You're still my innocent baby."

We arrived at the studio we were dancing in this week, and we entered the building.

"Hello, ladies. Come on in," Miss Abby spoke as we made our way to the studio. "Here we are in another studio, another week. We need to learn a new group routine. This is tough. We have to do it today, and there's props. Now, I want to reflect a little bit on the past two weeks. I keep telling you guys, you have been given an amazing opportunity. You've been hand-selected to go across the country and learn a new number each week and do these competitions. And you are not stepping up to the plate. I want to see energy, enthusiasm, fun. If you don't want to do it, there's probably a hundred other kids that would love to be in your shoes right now. So, I need to see motivation. I want you to want to win. This is my reputation on the line, it's my name. But by now, it's also your names. So, I'm gonna start now with Paige."

She turned her direction to the pyramid, revealing Paige's headshot.

𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚

𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚  𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚

𝙈𝙖𝙭  𝙉𝙞𝙖  𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚  𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚

"Moving on, Mackenzie. Nia. Next we have Max. Chloe. Brooke. And back on top, we have Maddie. You're doing your solo and a duet with Chloe. Chloe, you will also be doing your solo. Paige and Brooke, I'm giving you a duet. I want you to work together as friends. I do not want you fighting as sisters. If you waste time and energy bickering back and forth, you're never gonna get it finished.  Everybody is in the group number this week, even Mackenzie and Max. Every single one of you are an important part of this puzzle. And in a group routine, everybody needs to pull their weight. And I'm telling you what: we need to win. Alright, let's get to rehearsing, let's get moving," Miss Abby finished, and we moved our bags out of the way to start warming up.

I was a little upset I didn't have a solo, or even a duet. Since I won last week. Shouldn't I get something? But Nia and Kenzie don't have anything special, so it's not just me.

"Okay, ladies, the piece is called 'This is My Beauty.' And what it's about is not how pretty you're gonna be in your costumes, not how pretty your hair is, but what's on the inside. And it's about taking a good look in the mirror, not at what you see, but like the internal mirror," Miss Abby explained. What? "Are either of you getting this? Max? Mackenzie? Yeah. It's a little deep."

I was confused. I didn't really get the meaning of the number. But as long as I was dancing, I didn't mind.

"Hold the mirror and cover your face. You're gonna roll stage left, go. Roll, left. Take your right mirror out," Miss Abby spoke.

"One, two, three, four," Gia counted.

-

We finished our group rehearsal, and Chloe had her solo rehearsal. The rest of us were just chilling around the studio.

"I miss my friends," I stated. "I haven't seen them in weeks."

"Yeah. I miss my friends too," Kenzie said.

"I'm excited for my birthday," I added. My birthday was in the summer. July 27th, 2006! I'm so smart, I know my own birthday!

"My birthday already happened. Haha!" Kenzie teased, and I stuck my tongue out at her. Meanie.

•Four days to Nationals•

We were all sitting on the floor of the studio, even the moms. We were sitting on matts that are used for tumbling while the moms sewed the costumes.

"Hey moms? Come on in here. I want to talk to you," Miss Abby said, coming into the room. The moms followed her out.

The girls were talking about who knows what while Kenzie was fiddling with some of the fabric.

"Maybe it will cut you," I muttered, and she threw it at me. I threw it back.

"Fight, fight, fight!" Paige exclaimed, and Brooke quickly told her to stop.

"No fighting. Kenzie, why did you throw the fabric?" Brooke asked, sounding like a mother.

"Max said that she hopes it will cut me," Kenzie snitched, and I gasped.

"No, I said maybe it will cut you. Not that I wanted it to," I argued.

"But the way you said it was mean!" Kenzie yelled.

"Guys, calm down!" Brooke shouted, but we ignored her.

"No it wasn't, I whispered it!"

"But I still heard it!"

"Guys, please shut up!" Brooke yelled, and we looked at her. She took a deep breath. "Max, why would you say that?"

"She stuck her tongue out at me yesterday and was saying mean things about my birthday," I explained. Kenzie glared at me.

"Kenzie, apologize," Brooke instructed. She groaned. I smirked. "You too, Max."

"What?" I asked, and Kenzie smirked.

"You heard me. Go," Brooke stated, and we both apologized. "There. Problem solved."

I was about to object when Kelly came back into the room, and she seemed heated. Probably something with Miss Abby.

"I heard yelling, is everything okay?" Kelly asked, sitting back down. Everyone looked at me and Kenzie.

"Just swell," Paige replied with a smile. Brooke gave her a weird look but quickly brushed it off.

Today was an average day, nothing special happened.

•Three days to Nationals•

We were running the group number, and I was very sleepy. It was only 6 in the morning!

"What's that arm doing on the fan kick? Nia, I don't want to start the day out screaming at you. Think about what you're doing. Do it right," Miss Abby scolded. "Turn that foot out. Get that up in the air!"

"No one's holding the mirror in front of their face," Gia spoke.

"That leg has to go up in the air, Chloe. Arch your back," Miss Abby corrected. "Chloe! Max, what are you doing? Look up at the judges, not at your sickled feet! Nobody wants to see those. Point them!"

-

After group rehearsal, Maddie and Chloe had a rehearsal for their duet. I love this dance, I love watching them perform it.

Miss Abby has been extra tough on us this week, and it's a little scary. I just don't want to mess up the group and make it lose.

•Two days to Nationals•

Miss Abby decided to take us to the lake today! It's nice to have a little break from dance, so I was excited. But the moms weren't coming, so it was just Miss Abby and us kids.

"Let's go! Come on, guys. Everybody brought a towel?"

We made our way over to the van, holding our towels. Mine was Beauty and the Beast, and I love it!

"Is everyone in a seat belt?" Miss Abby asked. I still had to bring my car seat, as always. I couldn't seem to buckle it in, so Maddie had to help me.

"Yeah," she replied, fastening her own seat belt next to me.

"Yeah. Okay. Alright," Miss Abby said, about to get in the car. I noticed Christi begin to talk to her through the window. "Alright, let's go!"

We drove to the lake, Maddie insisting on playing Justin Bieber the whole time. I wanted Taylor Swift, but everyone else wanted Justin Bieber.

We finally arrived at the lake, and I was super excited. There was a large grassy area, perfect for doing tricks. I ran and did a cartwheel while still holding my towel.

"Look at the mountains," Miss Abby spoke, pointing at the mountains in the distance. They were big.

We set out our towels and began looking at the view from the railing. It was hard to see since the sun was in our eyes.

"Girls, I brought you here because I'm so tired of you just being in a hotel ballroom and the competition. You need to see the world," Miss Abby explained.

She then told us to lie down on our towels and stretch. Damn, even when we're not in the studio we've still gotta do dance related things. Why can't we just have fun at the lake?

Miss Abby was helping us do some strengthening and lengthening the back of the leg. It felt good, and she made me stretch a lot more then I usually do.

"And how about 'I'm beautiful on the inside.' Can I hear it?" Miss Abby asked as we stood up on the towels. My legs felt like jelly.

"I'm beautiful on the inside," we spoke at the same time.

"Girls, I want you to sit here and enjoy the view and relax. Chloe, come on. I want you to take a walk with me real quick," Miss Abby said, and Chloe walked over to her. They both turned away from us and walked off.

The girls sat and watched, probably try to eavesdrop. I couldn't hear anything, they were too far away.

"Do you think there's penguins in there?" Nia asked, pointing to the water. We all laughed.

"I can just imagine a penguin flopping around on the grass like this," Paige said. She stood up and started waddling like a penguin. We laughed again.

"That would be so funny," Kenzie added.

"Okay, here's a fun question," Paige started, grabbing our attention. "If you guys didn't dance, what would you do?"

"Die," Maddie replied immediately, and Paige snorted. "I'm serious. If I didn't dance, I would die."

"Well, that's an answer," Paige muttered with a slight smirk. "I feel like I'd be a basketball player."

"Yeah, but somehow you'd end up getting your head stuck in the hoop," Brooke joked, and Paige glared at her.

"Anyone else wanna share something that doesn't involve my head being up a hoop?" Paige questioned, and Brooke smirked.

"I think I would be a ballerina. I feel like I'd be good at it," Nia replied, and Paige made an X with her hands.

"Wrong! Ballet is a type of dance!" Paige yelled, and Nia face palmed herself.

"Right. Well, I do happen to play the piano, so probably that," Nia shrugged.

"Barbie's," Kenzie spoke up, and everyone turned to look at her. "I would become a Barbie or work for Barbie."

"Good answer," Paige replied.

"Personally, I think I would make a fantastic chef," Brooke stated.

"You'd end up burning the building down and everyone else in it. And then open up another building, but it would get shut down 'cause the food would be poisoned," Paige spoke, smiling. Brooke was very confused.

"I'm sorry, what?" the brunette asked, squinting her eyes. Paige shrugged, smirking. Brooke rolled her eyes and turned away from her. "Max would totally be an actress."

"Yes, she's so good," Nia agreed.

"I could definitely see that," Paige stated.

"Thanks," I stated just as Miss Abby and Chloe came back over.

-

When we got back from the lake, the moms insisted on taking us bowling. No way was I saying no to that!

We entered the building and went to the counter to get our bowling shoes.

"Do you have any with rhinestones?" Kelly jokingly asked the man at the counter.

I grabbed my shoes and began putting them on. Mommy had to help me tie them, though.

It was my turn to bowl, so I went up to grab a ball. It was very heavy, and I almost dropped it on my feet. Mommy quickly stepped it and helped me hold it. I threw it down the lane, and it knocked over a lot of pins.

I went again, and I knocked over two more. There were only three that I didn't get!

"You'll get them next time," Mommy told me, smiling. I went to stand with the other girls as Chloe went next.

The sight I saw before me was very unexpected. Daddy came over to our table! I had no idea Daddy was here.

Kenzie gave him a hug first, but she was pulled onto Mommy's lap shortly after.

I hugged him next, and he kissed my cheek. Mommy pulled me away with Kenz.

I hopped off to watch the girls bowl. I heard Mommy and Daddy fighting, but I wasn't paying attention.

It was Kenzie's turn, and she did better than I did.

"Wow, you're a natural!" I exclaimed when she finished. She giggled.

I went a few more times, and I even got all of the pins down one time!

"Guys, we gotta leave," Mommy spoke after an hour of bowling. We all complained. "I know you're having fun. We can come back another day."

We left the bowling alley and went back to the hotel. I was happy to see Daddy, and I was very tired.

•One day to Nationals•

We made our way back to the studio for our final rehearsal before we compete.

"Hey, girls, good morning," Miss Abby greeted as we set our stuff down. "Nia, Mackenzie, Chloe, Max, Maddie, you could go through the group dance a little bit, but we're gonna rehearse it later. Brooke and Paige, I'm gonna send the girls into the other room."

Brooke and Paige went into the room next door while Miss Abby and Gia had Maddie's solo rehearsal. Nia, Kenzie and I went with them. We sat in the corner and stretched.

Kelly was ranting to the guest choreographer how Maddie gets all of the attention and wins all of the time while her kids don't.

Kelly and Miss Abby started arguing with each other through the wall. It was kind of funny.

Miss Abby told Kelly to 'come in here,' so she left to fight with her some more.

"Crazy drama," Nia whispered, and we giggled.

They ended up leaving. I didn't want them to leave, I love them. I just hope their duet goes okay tomorrow.

Christi and Chloe followed them out. So it was just us and Nia left.

We all watched the van drive away through the glass inside the studio.

•Competition day•

This was it. Today was Nationals, and I thought I was gonna pee my pants. This group number has to win, or else we'll never hear the end of it from Miss Abby.

We arrived at the competition and made our way to the dressing room.

Everyone changed into their solo/duet costumes and began warming up.

"Let's get the game faces on. Get the energy going. And you get backstage and you psych out every other kid, do you understand?" Miss Abby asked, leaving the dressing room. I noticed Gia painting fake muscles on Maddie's arms.

I went back to my chair and started playing on my iPad. Mommy left to go on vacation with her boyfriend, again, so I couldn't use her phone.

A few minutes later, Daddy came into the dressing room. I didn't move from my spot, though. These unboxing videos are much more interesting.

"Hey, Mad," Daddy said as Gia painted more stuff on her back. More muscles? I had no clue.

"Hi," she replied, running over to greet him.

"How are you?" he asked. "Let me get a hug."

She hugged him, and they had a quiet conversation that I couldn't hear.

Kenzie then gave Daddy a hug, so I put down my iPad and ran over to them. Maddie pulled Kenzie away from the hug.

"Hey Maxie-Bear," Daddy said as I hugged him. That was his nickname for me, and I love it.

Maddie also pulled me out of the embrace. I went back to my iPad when he started giving Maddie a pep talk.

"Okay, bye Kenz. Bye Max," Daddy spoke, leaving the dressing room. "I'll see you a little later. Okay."

It was time for the solos to make their way to the theatre. I wanted to give Maddie a good luck hug, so I quickly ran over and did so.

"Good luck Mads," I muttered. I felt another pair of arms wrap around me, and it was Kenzie.

"You got this," Kenzie added, and we broke away from the hug. Christi came over and hugged Maddie when we were done.

We all made our way to the audience to watch Chloe and Maddie perform their solos. I was excited.

"And next, number 1004, 'Manhattan,'" the EMCEE announced, and Maddie took the stage. I noticed Daddy was also in the audience to watch her solo.

She was spectacular, as always. The dance was amazing.

We stayed in the audience for Chloe's solo. I knew she was gonna kill it. She always does.

"Competing next is number 1006, 'Another Season.'" the EMCEE stated, and Chloe went onstage.

Her solo started out strong, she was nailing everything. Until she froze. She forgot her solo. She stood there for a full 8 count until the music stopped, and she did her ending pose. I felt so bad for her. She didn't deserve that. I made sure to clap extra loud for her.

We met up with Chloe in the hallway, and she was in tears. Maddie was hugging her, and she immediately wrapped herself around Christi when she came. She was trying her best to comfort her, but the tears didn't stop. Maddie also did her best, but she was just too upset.

We went back to the audience for awards. I honestly had no clue what the outcome would be.

"I am prepared to announce our 2011 National Finals Titlist winner. Our little Miss Starbound 2011, Maddie, congratulations," the announcer spoke. Yay, Maddie won! But Chloe didn't place, and I felt sad for her.

We made our way back to the dressing room to get ready for the other numbers. Everyone was congratulating Maddie, and she looked like she was on top of the world.

Christi continued comforting Chloe, since she was still upset. Maddie was busy getting out of her solo costume and makeup.

When Brooke and Paige were finished getting ready for their duet, we made our way to the theatre to watch them. I couldn't wait.

Kelly went backstage with them while the rest of us went into the audience.

"Number 1005, 'Ooh, la la,'" the EMCEE spoke, and the girls went onstage.

They did great. I liked it.

Chloe and Maddie rushed out of the audience and went backstage for their duet.

"This is Lyrical, age nine to ten, 'Black Swan.'"

They were absolutely amazing, they killed it out there! They were totally gonna win.

We went back into the dressing room to wait for them. When they arrived, we all immediately ran up to them. Kenzie and I gave Maddie the biggest hug ever.

We went back onstage for awards. Kenzie and I danced our butts off.

"Now we're going to announce our top Junior Duet-Trio. Fifth place, 'Ooh la la,' it's Paige and Brooke," the announcer spoke, and they went up to get the award. "And now it's time to announce your top overall Junior Duet-Trio. It's going to 'Black Swan.' Maddie and Chloe, Abby Lee Dance Company!"

We went back to the dressing room again, and everyone congratulated Maddie and Chloe.

Miss Abby came in, and we started getting ready for the group number.

Gia did my makeup and Maddie did my hair. I think they did a good job.

"Remember Lake Tahoe. The gorgeous lake, the beautiful mountains. How pristine, how beautiful everything was. That's why I took you there. I want you to walk on stage and be that same vision. So when those judges look up, they go.." Miss Abby gasped in shock. "If the tops comes up, do not freak. The judges have seen it all. Believe me, they're all in show business. You've seen one boob, you've seen 'em all."

Daddy came into the dressing room when she finished, but Miss Abby wouldn't allow that.

"Hey, no, no, no, no, no," she spoke, taking him outside.

Maddie went up to the door and put her ear against it. She was trying to listen in on the conversation.

She walked away shortly after, and Kenzie rolled her eyes.

Miss Abby came back into the dressing room, but without Daddy. She said we had to start making our way down to the theater.

"You ready, Mackenzie?" Miss Abby asked as we walked down the hall. "Come on."

We were doing some last minute practicing right outside the theatre, and the nerves were starting to kick in.

"Head front on the grand-jete. Look right at the judges on the coupe sauté," Miss Abby instructed before we made our way backstage.

"Good luck guys, we got this," Paige whispered as the dance before us finished.

"Number 1001. 'This is My Beauty,'" the EMCEE said, and we entered the stage.

So this is me, this is you

Up close and true

Let's all be so bright and new

Oh, how good it feels to be beautiful

How wonderful it feels to be beautiful

Say hello to your reflection

See yourself, you're true perfection

Oh, you know just who you are

You're meant to be

Oh, how good it feels to be beautiful

The dance finished, and we all had a mini celebration backstage. We did so good!

There were a couple photographers who wanted to take some pictures of us in our costumes, so of course we all agreed. Another team was also in the photos, behind us.

We went back onstage for the final time for group awards. I really wanted to win.

"Thank you very much. One more big round of applause for every performer on this stage. One point, one single point, just one, separates second and first place. I'm going to call both groups up here. In no particular order. 'This is My Beauty,' Abby Lee Dance Company. 'Rolling in the Deep,' McCoy Rigby Conservatory. Now, audience, are you ready for your Top Junior Group winner of a cash prize? I am, too. Audience, 'This is My Beauty,' Abby Lee Dance Company! Make some noise!"

Oh, my God, we won! We were all holding hands, and we immediately started jumping with joy. We hugged each other and cheered the most we've ever cheered.

"Want to remind us one more time who your dance teacher is?" the announcer asked.

"Abby Lee Miller!" we shouted into the mic.

"And what studio? Real loud."

"Abby Lee Dance Company!" we screamed.

"Top Junior Group, thank you very much. Both of you take a bow," he spoke, talking to the second place team next to us. We bowed with huge smiles on our faces.

We went back to the dressing room, and as soon as Miss Abby came in, we tackled her with hugs. She was very happy.

"I'm very proud. You looked beautiful on stage. Put the hands in. And.." Miss Abby trailed off as we put our hands in a circle. Even the moms did it!

"One, two, three, we are Abby Lee! Four, five, six, you should see our tricks! Seven and eight, we are really great! Nine and ten, we just won again!" we chanted, putting our arms up at the end. We cheered in happiness and excitement.

"Our job here is done," Paige spoke, smiling.

"Your job here is done, but your job has just begun," Miss Abby corrected. "Ladies, I have a surprise. We're going back to LA!"

We cheered, happy to be going back to LA on a win! But not just any win, Nationals!

The moms didn't seemed too pleased, though. Nationals was supposed to be the end of the season. Guess not!

"And it's the West Coast, and all those incredible dancers. Alright. Let's go," Miss Abby finished, leaving the dressing room.

We kept celebrating for a while until we packed up our things and left. Gia took Maddie, Kenzie and I back to the hotel.

As soon as we arrived, I crashed into bed. I was very tired, and couldn't wait to go back to LA!

"Night Maxie," Kenzie whispered from beside me.

"Night Kenz."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 204 36
Claire is a dancer at the Aldc. When abby starts a reality show she invites Claire to be on her competition team. Claire is known to be a very dedic...
4.1K 89 30
Maci Ziegler. Maddie Ziegler little sister and Mackenzie big sister. A girl who dances for the ALDC but when an amazing opportunity comes in for a re...
20.7K 436 42
What If Chloe lukasiak has a twin sister who is the favorite?
15.5K 229 29
Y/n Lukasiak is living in the shadow of her older sister Chloe and her friend Mackenzie but what happens when she is put on the competition team with...