Deja vu [Book-2: You are anti...

By Rubi_Rupa

Tian Xing died at the age of 32 in the novel of Mo dao zu shi, saving everyone and taking the calamities with... More

A new life, new goals
Pampered peachball
Ascension and dreams
Dear sister [Her given memories]
Fated meetings
HuaLian's new goal
The problem with Yong'An
Wounds healing with the salt
Expected yet unexpected
Destined love
Wo Ai Ni [Her shadow]
The story of past 800 years
Facing the bride- slightly gone wrong
Just another normal day, totally
All banquets must come to an end [Her goodbyes]
And now I am in my deja vu
Announcement

First awakening

490 31 66
By Rubi_Rupa

𝘓𝘦𝘮𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘓𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘧𝘪𝘮.
𝘕𝘢𝘦𝘨𝘢 𝘫𝘦𝘪𝘭 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘶𝘯 𝘨𝘦𝘰𝘯 𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘨𝘦𝘶𝘯 𝘥𝘢𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘮.
𝘌𝘰𝘥𝘦𝘶𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘬 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘭 𝘬𝘺𝘦𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘯.
𝘞𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘬𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘪𝘵, 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘯' 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘱.

Xie Lian caught up with the affairs of the kingdom, and went to Mount Taicang. He was excited to see how people were doing.

It had been exactly one year since he had last visited. So he didn't know much of the changes in XianLe.

As he walked to the ever same maple forest of Mount Taicang, he reached the Royal Holy Pavilion, and greeted everyone he met. He sighed seeing the familiar structure of the pavilion.

Sure, renovations had been made, but it was still familiar. Xie Lian remembered fondly the first time he had come here.

"Taizu Dianxia." came a familiar voice.

[Y'all 'Your Highness the Crown Prince' is too long. I am lazy so I just write Taizi Dianxia]

It was Guoshi Wen ZhuoZheng. He had aged a bit, being in his late thirties. Xie Lian greeted, "Guoshi."

Wen ZhuoZheng had been fairly young when he became the Guoshi of XianLe, because of his enormous talent in cultivation. Right now, he was in his prime. He smiled gently, "How have you been Your Highness?"

Xie Lian spoke with a smile, "I have been well off. How is Guoshi?"

Wen ZhuoZheng laughed, "Same here. How is your travelling going?"

Xie Lian scratched his nose, "Pretty good. I am learning lots of new things."

Wen ZhuoZheng sighed, "You don't even take many things with you. How do you live well?"

Xie Lian spoke with mirth, "There are lots of ways to earn money. I do so by working as well."

Wen ZhuoZheng sighed, "I know that already. You told me that so many times. But...are you okay with this? You can take rations with you."

Xie Lian shook his head, "What's the purpose of me travelling then? There's no reason for me to travel if I live the same way I did in the palace."

"A-Lian. You are back. It's been long."

Xie Lian's face lit up as soon as he heard the voice, he looked up to see a lady who still hadn't changed in all these years, still the same beautiful woman with delicate but sharp features, still the multicoloured robes, and still the two earrings dangling down both her ears. Her neon eyes were as warm as ever.

"Xing-jie! It's been so long." He went and hugged Tian Xing, who stroked his hair, "Hahaha. You've grown so tall. Look at you towering over me."
"Ahaha. It's not much. Besides I stopped growing a long time ago."

Wen ZhuoZheng laughed and came to them, "Well, how long are you going to stay for?"
"Three weeks.
"Oh."

Xie Lian caught up with the two of their affairs and in the end went to visit some disciples in the training grounds of Holy Royal Pavilion.

There was some physical training going on as usual. A tall, young man was instructing them with practical moves, demonstrating them, the lad's back facing him. The young man wore maple red robes, his long raven hair tied into a ponytail that reached past waist, his clothes on the back were soaked in sweat from the training and demonstrating.

Xie Lian wondered who this lad was. He looked extremely strong, and was genuinely very tall, even among tall people, almost reaching 190 cm.

Tian Xing spoke, "You have been staring at him for quite a while now."

Xie Lian snapped out of his stupor, "Ah? He? He who? I was just looking at the trainer and wondering who he could be. He looks strong."
"Yeah I do mean him. You have been staring at A-Hong for a long time."
"Pardon?"
"Hua Cheng, you call him San Lang. That's the one demonstrating those moves there."

Xie Lian was surprised beyond words.

The last time he met Hua Cheng was one year ago. At that moment he was already very tall and handsome, his youthfulness blooming fully. Right now, his physique looked even more different than before.

Xie Lian couldn't help but get close to take a better look at his face, to see if there were any changes.

And true to his expectations, it did change.

Hua Cheng looked extremely handsome, his skin was slightly tanned, making it look like the colour of honey, his eyebrows sharp and thin, his phoenix eyes vibrant. His high nose and cheekbones and his refined jawline made him look even more attractive and eye catching. His face was beaded with perspiration, crystalline drops rolling down his face and neck, some flowing down to his elegant chin and silently falling down on the ground.

"Get in formation. Set your swords up."
"Yes senior."
"Good. Now strike."

With that, the disciples started practicing the moves. Hua Cheng stood there, catching his breath for a while, his eyes closed, his face glistening with sweat under the blazing sun, then he opened his eyes, most probably because he felt someone's gaze, so he looked at Xie Lian's direction.

His face broke into a blinding smile as he called, "Gege! You are back!"

The disciples stopped and bowed, "Taizi Dianxia. Welcome back."

Hua Cheng wiped his face with his sleeves and ran towards Xie Lian, who was still looking at him in a daze. Hua Cheng was almost a head taller than himself. And that was quite something to say, because Xie Lian himself was a pretty tall guy by now. Hua Cheng looked at him and saw him spacing out and spoke with worry, "Gege? Is something wrong?"

Xie Lian came out of his daze. It was only now that he noticed that his heart was beating abnormally fast, he could hear it like drums in his ears, and was afraid the other could hear it as well. He quickly composed himself, barely, and spoke, "Ahhh yes. I am back. I am fine don't worry. I was just seeing you. You have changed even more. Look at you. All tall and big." He laughed softly. Hua Cheng also chuckled, "Well, I am in my growth spurt you see."

Xie Lian looked at him, and noticed his two coloured eyes, looking like gems, one an obsidian black granite stone, and another like the brightest red ruby.

His eyes were gentle and kind, compassionate and soft as he gazed at Xia Lian.

Xie Lian himself didn't know what was happening with him, but he suddenly stretched out his hand and cupped one of Hua Cheng's cheeks. Hua Cheng's eyes widened.

Xie Lian only after doing the deed, understood what he was doing, and swiftly took his hand back, blushing furiously, embarrassed.

He then spoke in a low voice, "I...I will go to the quarters now...I will see you later..." with that he fled away, leaving Hua Cheng standing like a dumb fox.

Tian Xing, who watched from afar with Wen ZhuoZheng, smirked and whispered to him, "They look good together."

Wen ZhuoZheng nodded enthusiastically, "Finally these two can realise their love."

Tian Xing laughed softly.

_______________________

Xie Lian was just organising some things in the guest quarters of Royal Holy Pavilion he was just in temporarily. Suddenly he saw an incense burner, it was red in colour, black outlines and decorations surrounding it.

Like the combination of a raven haired boy wearing red robes.

Xie Lian shook his head. Why was his head filled with Hua Cheng all of a sudden?

This was not good. It had been two hours since he saw the young lad. And in these two hours, everything he saw somehow reminded him of Hua Cheng. Either his light honey skin, or his sharp phoenix eyes, or his raven black hair, or his maple red robes.

Even when Xie Lian came to visit him one year ago, he had found Hua Cheng quite the attractive person. But now, as he thought of the current Hua Cheng, he figured the man had, somehow turned handsome to the point where Xie Lian was not able to resist him at all.

But resist him...from what?

Xie Lian didn't know this fuzzy feeling he felt when he saw Hua Cheng.

The boy was going to be eighteen in a few days. Xie Lian had coincidentally come eights days before Hua Cheng's birthday. Xie Lian himself would turn 26 this year. 

But that was not the problem. The problem was this unfamiliar feeling, or was it really that unfamiliar, that he felt in his heart when he saw that lad clad in crimson.

Xie Lian slapped his own face.

This won't do.

He freshened up anew. And when he finally stepped out of his quarters, the first person he saw was Mu Qing. He was a person who had pale skin and beautiful features, someone who would not look like a martial artist, but Xie Lian himself knew just how good of a cultivator Mu Qing was.

He was talented, and hard working. That in itself was a deadly combo. And he was determined to reach his goals.

Xie Lian smiled, "Long time no see my friend. How are you?"

Mu Qing nodded, his lips held a small smile, "It's really been long. I have been well off."

Xie Lian's smile turned naughty, and Mu Qing felt an incoming dread in his heart, and true to his guts Xie Lian asked him an indeed very naughty question, "I heard Hua Zi is 6 months pregnant? So..."

Mu Qing turned shy, but staying with his beloved had made him a little more open about love affairs, "Well yeah...We have been married for three years already. So we thought that it was time we take a child. It's normal. What about it?"

Xie Lian replied dryly, "I thought you were going to actually be flustered. Seems like banging with your lover behind doors-"

"Shut up!" Mu Qing shrieked. This did the trick.

"Ahahahahhaahahhaha!"
"How did you become so shameless?"
"World travelling. The first time I cursed, it felt so satisfying."
"Ugh...I will go for now. Talk to you later."

With that, he fled with a red face. Xie Lian thought he looked so small and cute when he was shy. Speaking of which, Feng Xin and Jian Lan had already conceived a son, which should be, according to Xie Lian, about two years old.They rather had the child early, compared to Mu Qing and Hua Zi. Though they had given the child a proper name, they still called him by a nickname.

Cuocuo.

Xie Lian thought it was quite funny and cute. The name originated when the child wanted to pronounce something, but said it wrong.

[Cuo means mistake.]

His actual name was Feng Chen, a wonderful name in Xie Lian's opinion.

He really was glad to know how happy everyone was, and how everything had been going in peace.

But then he realised something. Very crucial.

Among the three of them, only he was single.

He really didn't find anyone a match for himself. There were many beautiful and wonderful people in the world, but he never fell in love with any of the ones he met.

Xie Lian was pondering over small things like these and wondering in the garden of Mount Taicang, when he suddenly tripped into a stone because of his absentminded self. He wanted to steady himself by using one hand, but that was not necessary, he understood.

Someone had already caught him.

Two well proportioned and strong arms held him, one at his shoulder, another at his waist, and steadied him.

"Careful." Came a deep and pleasant voice. Xie Lian recognised that voice.

It was Hua Cheng.

Xie Lian, for whatever reason, flushed. He spoke flustered, "A-ah...San Lang...Thank you...I am sorry...I was just thinking some things."

Hua Cheng smiled, "It's totally fine. Just hope that Gege is more careful in the future. San Lang doesn't want Gege to get hurt."

Xie Lian looked at his gentle smile from the corner of his face and felt like his face was about to melt from the heat he was feeling in his cheeks. He lowered his eyes and his red face, "Mhmm. I will be careful. Thank you."

_______________________

Feng Xin was looking at a distraught prince in front of him. He looked seven part distraught and three part embarrassed. Xie Lian was fidgeting continuously on the chair he was sitting on.

They were in Xie Lian's quarters in the Royal Holy Pavilion. Feng Xin had never seen this crown prince this distressed in the years he had seen and known the other man.

It was a bit amusing and a bit concerning too.

Xie Lian gulped, "Feng-Feng Xin, can you help me with something?"

Feng Xin raised an eyebrow, "Yes? What is it? I will try my best to help you."

Xie Lian swallowed hard yet again, and said, "I...I feel like I am a bit...abnormal."

Feng Xin asked in a dry voice, "Abnormal how?"

Xie Lian muttered, "You see...there is this person, when I see him...I...my heartbeat gets quick and I feel heat in my cheeks...and...I just feel shy...I don't know what I want to do with him...but...I want to do something..."

[Chinese pronouns for 'he' and 'she' are the same, as much as I know. Correct me if I am wrong.]

Feng Xin snickered, "You are in love."
"Huh?"
"You are in love with that person you spoke of."

Xie Lian's mind blanked out for half a minute before he started rambling nonsense, "What- I- I am- how? Love? Really?"

Feng Xin gestured, "Calm down. And yes. You are in love with her. It's a normal phenomenon. It can happen to anybody."

Feng Xin himself had fallen in love with Jian Lan. So he knew about it quite well.

Xie Lian couldn't even comprehend what he was saying anymore. He buried his face in his hands, "I...love...but..."

Feng Xin was still very calm and collected, "Yes. But why are you reacting like this? Is there a problem? I am sure that the girl who you love would definitely agree to marry you. Which girl doesn't want to marry the crown prince, much less a handsome and good looking one like you?"

Xie Lian stopped him with a hand, "Excuse me. What girl?"
"Huh?"
"It's a boy."
"Pardon?"
"I fell in love with a boy."
"..."

There was silence for a while until Feng Xin spoke loudly, almost yelling, "What the fuck?????? You are a cut sleeve?"
"In my defence, I was not aware of it. And believe me, I have seen a lot of good looking men and women, but I never fell in love with them, except for that one boy. He is just...the most eye catching to me."

Feng Xin didn't know how to react to this. He was very blank for a while until he asked, "Well...who is it, that you fell in love with?"
"Hua Cheng."
"..."

There was another prolonged silence before Feng Xin did yell aloud, "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK???????????????"

Xie Lian buried his face in his hands again, "Feng Xin...help me...what should I do...?"
"I...how would I know? You know how bad I am with girls...much less love between boys...I don't really know...I just got lucky with Jian Lan."

Xie Lian groaned, "I can't tell my parents now. They will instead start harassing Hua Cheng."

"Have you talked to Xing-jie?"
"No...should I?"
"Give it a try."
"Mhmm..."

Xie Lian decided to talk about it with Tian Xing.

_______________________

Tian Xing had finished his classes a while ago, and was practicing her sword forms, new ones and old ones.

Suddenly there was a clang. Tian Xing smirked.

"You have improved so much in just 1 year."
"1 year is a long time."

Tian Xing and Xie Lian both put away their swords and laughed. Xie Lian looked at Tian Xing's sword.

"Royalty eh?" Xie Lian spoke with mirth, "How did you come with the name?"

Tian Xing pursed her lips, "It's not really from something like a special event. I just came up with it from my own. On a whim. I didn't expect it would end up clashing swords with actual royalties."

In actual reality, the case was slightly different. When she first unsheathed her sword, the sword didn't have a name. But when she wanted to give it a name, she suddenly remembered the song 'Empire' by Wengie and Minnie.

She loved the line,
'Nareul bwa, nareul bwa, Her Majesty.'

And thus, named her sword royalty.

Xie Lian chuckled softly, "It's not that I am complaining about the name. I was just curious. I named my sword Fang Xin."

Tian Xing froze on the spot.

Fang Xin.

That was the name he had given to Zhu Xin, Jun Wu's sword.

In this life, obviously Zhu Xin wouldn't end up with Xie Lian, at least not with the circumstances of the novel. So the name 'Fang Xin' ended up to a different sword.

Tian Xing gulped soundlessly. To her, that sword held bad memories from the novel.

Xie Lian looked at her and spoke, "Oh yes. I came to you for another reason."

Tian Xing composed herself and spoke, "Go ahead."

Xie Lian looked hesitant, and his face gradually turned the colour of haitang blossoms.

Tian Xing immediately understood, "Is this about A-Hong?"

Xie Lian's eyes went round like saucers, "How do you know?"

Tian Xing raised an eyebrow, "Because I am Xing-jie. Anymore explanation needed?"
"Nope."

Xie Lian paused, then spoke again with a shy tone, "Since you know already, tell me. How do I deal with this?"

Tian Xing replied drily, "Go and confess to him."

Xie Lian looked at her like she was the biggest idiot in the world, and said, "No! How can I- He is going to be disgusted."

Tian Xing said cooly, "It's too early to say that. Besides, why would he feel disgusted? Because you are a cut-sleeve?"

"No! It's just...ugh...wouldn't he feel awkward and disgusted knowing I love him?"
"Why exactly do you think that?"
"..."

Tian Xing sighed, "Do you think you are not enough? That you are not lovable? Are you afraid of rejections?"

Xie Lian was silent. Deep inside, he knew that was the case.

He was afraid of not being enough, of being rejected, which was rather ironic because he was the crown prince of XianLe.

But love didn't see familial status. Love saw the person. Xie Lian didn't know if he was good enough as one, and even if he was, who would guarantee that Hua Cheng would love him?

Tian Xing asked, "Do you know A-Hong's birthday is coming in seven days?"
"...Mhm..."

Tian Xing smiled, "Then, let me tell you. You have these seven days to determine what he feels for you. If you succeed, decide what you must do on the day of his birthday."

Xie Lian was stupefied.

What did that even mean?

Tian Xing just said, "See if you get your answer.

_______________________

Xie Lian was pondering over Tian Xing's answer under a big maple tree of Mount Taicang.

Suddenly he heard a call, "Gege."

It was Hua Cheng.

Xie Lian turned around and smiled, "San Lang."

Hua Cheng smiled and spoke, "Wanna go look around in the city?"
"Sure."

Xie Lian was planning to go there to see the city anyway. He had to buy some things.

And...Hua Cheng's birthday gift, if he could find something suitable.

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian walked side by side going down the mountain. There was a light breeze blowing and ruffling their hair and clothes. Xie Lian glanced at Hua Cheng.

He was exceedingly tall, almost a head taller than Xie Lian. He wore exquisite maple red robes, which had a simple design, but looked gorgeous on him. He had a slight tan and sharp eyes, a refined and shaped jawline. His hair was exceptionally black, even more blacker than the usual black hair people had, almost giving a blue shade to it, silky and smooth.

His strides were confirmed, confident, strong and steady. He had the aura of the strong cultivator that he was. And Xie Lian felt secure just by being around him.

Hua Cheng felt Xie Lian's gaze and looked at him, seeing his Gege smiling and looking at him.

Hua Cheng's heart skipped several beats at the look in his eyes.

Xie Lian was an extremely good looking man. He was shorter than Hua Cheng, but nonetheless was tall and had a very good physique. His body wasn't buff, but it held strength. He didn't wear anything fancy, just his usual white cultivation robes, but he still looked ethereal. His eyes were delicate and kind looking, his face always smily as ever, his features a creamy pale. Xie Lian's jawline was a bit round, so it made him look really beautiful and handsome with his facial visuals. He had silky brown hair, long and flowing.

Hua Cheng loved this man with every fibre of his being, every drop of his blood, every vein in his body and every beat of his heart.

He smiled at Xie Lian, not concealing his feelings of love, sure that Xie Lian wouldn't notice it.

He knew he was not so lovable. Xie Lian wouldn't love him. So he would just quietly love and protect Xie Lian from afar.

The crown prince was very strong on his own, but in Hua Cheng's heart, he wished nothing more than to not let him get affected in any sort of danger.

Xie Lian looked at Hua Cheng's black obsidian eyes, his own golden brown gaze lingering.

Suddenly they were just walking as they were staring at each other, just taking in each other's beauties.

Xie Lian, after a while, felt heat creep up his cheeks and looked away. Hua Cheng laughed softly, "Is something in my face Gege?"
"No..."

The air was hot between them all of a sudden.

As they reached and roamed around the bustling town, they went to many places and bought many things.

But even that was turning into a problem, because each time Xie Lian would look at something, Hua Cheng would extend his hand, and Xie Lian would as well to see it, and this have their hands touch.

This resulted in him getting a boner from time to time.

It was the same for Hua Cheng.

Xie Lian, in the end, was looking for a suitable birthday present for Hua Cheng. He knew many things about the boy, as they had studied together for a long time. But he didn't know what would be suitable for a person who was turning officially into an adult in a few days.

Hua Cheng, on the other hand, noticed Xie Lian pondering over it and said, "What is Gege looking for? Maybe I can help?"

Xie Lian hastily shook his hands, "Ah no no no. It's fine. I was just... looking at things."

Of course he couldn't say he was looking for a birthday present for him. That would ruin the surprise.

Hua Cheng didn't believe him, but he didn't push the matter anymore and smiled, "Alright. Should we head back then?"
"Mhhm..."

As they headed back, the sky had turned a light red from the setting sun. Hua Cheng's hand unknowingly brushed against Xie Lian's, who suppressed a shudder.

His heart was beating like a drum. He really had feelings for Hua Cheng now.

Hua Cheng himself was feeling faint from the heat, and the urge to just pin the prince to a tree and kiss him senseless was so big he felt like he was going to injure himself.

It was like this on edge for the whole journey. Xie Lian and Hua Cheng parted with awkward goodbyes.

And they both did one thing in common: go to their chambers and bury their faces in pillows.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33K 1.5K 29
Rubi, a Chinese-Korean kpop global sensation star, a world famous idol, soloist of Sm, then later Hybe entertainment, dies on a car crash at the youn...
20.6K 859 11
[ discontinued ] An au fanfic of Xie Lian accidentally took over 9 years old Wei Wuxian's body before Jiang Fengmian took him to Lotus Pier. He happe...
148K 8.1K 21
"You mentioned Lan Zhan," Lan Xichen nodded, expression falling into one of despair, "I've been trying to help for a while, but he wouldn't listen to...
54.6K 2.8K 30
[Completed] This is a story based on the novel Tiang Guang Ci Fu also known as Heaven's officials blessings by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu. It takes place rig...