The Sultan's Rose

By CourtneyXD21

Note: This is my first Magnificent Century fanfiction, I'm going off the T.V series. I do not own any of the... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Author's Note
Chapter Five
Author's Note
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Author's Note
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-Six
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty-Three
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Author's Note
Author's Note
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Author's Note
Author's Note Part 2
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Author's Note

Chapter Thirteen

804 24 0
By CourtneyXD21

Valide Sultan's POV:

"As you know I love Guzel.. our love is different from Mahidevran's and Hurrem's. She is special to me... I'm asking for your blessing to marry her Valide." I was shocked... marry Guzel. 

"But my lion it goes against tradition." I point out to him.

"I know it does my Valide, that's why I am asking for you blessing first." I don't say anything at first. But when I think about it he really loves her and with Hurrem gone nothing could go wrong. 

"You have my blessing my lion. But wait until Hatice is married, do not ruined this for her."

"Of course Valide, I wouldn't dare do that to her." 

"Should I prepare anything for this wedding Guzel?" I ask him.

"A dress with the most beautiful jewels. But everything else will be done in secret, no one but you must know." I nod in agreement.

"What kind of dress should I have made?"

"Last night when I saw her looking up at the stars she looked so beautiful."

"I think I know what you mean. I have the seamstress work on it right away."

Guzel's POV:

I make it to my room still with a smile on my face. I do hope that Hurrem stays at the Old Palace for good. I sigh in worry, but I try not to let it bug me. I focus on the good news instead. 

"Ayda?" I call for my concubines.

"Yes Sultana?" She say.

"It's feeding time for the children could you run and fetch a wetnurse to help me? Ayla could you help me feed Osman, Mahidevran and Hatice?"

"Yes, my Sultana." We gather all the children together, Ayla starts with Osman and I start with Gulizar. I eventually was able to stop breast feeding Osman, Mahidevran and Hatice and I could focus on Bahadir, Murat and Gulizar. Moments later Ayda walks in with the wetnurse. I instruct her to feed Murat due to him crying and Ayda started to feed Hatice. One by one we eventually feed all of the children. Once we were all finally done I dismiss the wet nurse.

"Do you need anything else my Sultana?" Ayla asks.

"Yes, after I return from bathing set out things for me to write a letter."

"Yes Sultana." 

~One hour later~

I finish bathing and I stop to think about what I should wear. When I finally pick the outfit out I ask the girls to help me get dressed.

(Dress she is wearing)

(Jewelry she is wearing)

I look at myself making sure I look perfect. I don't want to look too good though this is Hatice's day.

"Guzel?" I look to my left and see Mahidevran. 

"Mahidevran, how are you doing?"

"I am well, Mustafa is excited to have a new brother or sister. Last time he wasn't."

"Don't worry everything will be just fine. I wanted to give you something by the way." I go to a small closet where I keep all my jewelry and pull out a necklace.

(Gift for Mahidevran)

"My father made this necklace." I say as I hand her the necklace.

"He gave it to me for my sixteenth birthday. Among many others like this he gave me. I want you to have it."

"Guzel I couldn't-" I stopped her from finishing her sentence.

"I insist, I hope you like it."

"It's beautiful Guzel thank you." She says as she gives me a hug.

"Here are the things you asked for my Sultana." Ayla says to me as she hands me the things to write a letter.

"Who are you writing too?" Mahidevran asks.

"I'm writing to Catherine it's been a while and I want to update her on my life and check up on how she is doing."

Dear Catherine,

    Sorry I haven't written to you in so long. I have wonderful news, I've become a mother! I have six beautiful children. Osman, Mahidevran and Hatice are about a year old now. They are my first set of triplets, my second set I had just this past month. There names are Gulizar, Bahadir and Murat. I have three sons and three daughters , but a week after my second set were born I was stabbed. My friend and concubine Ayse didn't make it, I've been told that Hurrem was behind it. Hurrem became a mother as well she had a son and a daughter. What kind of person does something like this? She's been exiled for this crime. There is so much going on here that I wish I could tell you in person. What news of Mary? I will write a letter to her to see how she is doing. Oh, I almost forgot I became Muslim.  Sultan Suleyman gave me a new name Guzel means beautiful. I do hope you are well, I miss you terribly.

                                                                                 With all my love,

                                                                                                                        Guzel Sultana

"You really care for Catherine don't you." Mahidevran says to me.

"She was like a second mother to me. Mary and I were like sister, I would love to see her. But at this point that would be impossible." I says with tears in my eyes.

"Nothing is impossible, ask His Majesty. I'm sure he could arrange something." She says trying to cheer me up.

"Come why don't we take a walk in the garden. The fresh air will cheer you up." Mahidevran says.

"I think that would be a great idea, I will meet you there in a bit I just have one more letter to write." She smiles and nods at me and then leaves.

Dear Mary,

  It's me Aurora Rose it has been a while since we have spoken. I miss you terribly, a lot has changed for me. When I first came here I didn't expect any enemies but I ended up with one. Everyone is very nice here, I'm friends with everyone except one. I fell in love with the Sultan Mary... we even had six beautiful children together. I have three sons and three daughters, my first set of triplets they're names are Osman, Mahidevran and Hatice. They are about a year old now.. my second set Gulizar, Bahadir and Murat are a month old. A week after I gave birth to my second set of triplets I was stabbed... my friend and concubine Ayse didn't make it. I've become Muslim, the Sultan has given me a new name. Guzel, it means beautiful. 

I've sent letters to your mother, she misses you dearly. By the time you get this my letter to her should have already reached her. I know King Henry your father doesn't let anyone sent letters to her or let you see her. I do hope Queen Anne is treating you good. I wish we could see each other Mary. But I do not know if that is possible. 

                                                                                       With all my love and care dear sister,

                                                                                                                                                Guzel Sultana

I grab both of the letters and I make a quick stop over to Ibrahim's room. He's the only one I trust to get these letters out. As I get to the entrance to his room I see is walk into His Majesty's room.

"I would like to see His Majesty." I tell the guards at the door. They nod and walk in, I wait to see if I am allowed in.

"Sultan Suleyman will see you now." I walk it to see Ibrahim and Suleyman standing next to his desk.

"My Rose, what a pleasant surprise. Is everything okay?" He asks me.

"Of course Your Majesty, I just wanted you permission to send some letters is all."

"Who did you want to send letters too?" Ibrahim chimes in.

"Catherine of course... and Mary Tudor... her daughter." I hand Suleyman the letters.

"You can look over the letter if need be for approval... and I would understand if-"

"You said once that Catharine of Aragon isn't able to see her daughter or receive letter from her correct?" Suleyman asks me.

"That is correct... I know King Henry is your enemy." Ibrahim reads the letters to him, I don't mind. We have no secrets.

"Ibrahim send these letters out with the highest priority." He looks at me and smiles.

"Yes, Your Majesty." Ibrahim his handed the letters and then leaves.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. I didn't want to go into to much detail when writing Mary's letter just in case her father has the chance to read it first. In respect for the privacy of ours and everyone else around us."

"That is very kind of you. You look very beautiful today Guzel, what do you have planned before the party?"

"Thank you Suleyman, Mahidevran though a walk in the garden would cheer me up a bit."

"What has you sad my Rose?"

"I miss Mary very much.. Mahidevran saw that. She though talking to you about seeing her would be possible but I wanted to say no but in her condition I didn't want to upset her. I want no unnecessary stress added to her. I want her happy and stress free. She deserves this happiness."

"That's very thoughtful to think of her well being. But the matter of see Mary is a something I would have to discus at the next council meeting."

"What ever decision you and the council decide I full respect." He nods with a smile and offers to walk me to Mahidevran where she waits for me in the garden. 

"Thank you for walking with me."

"It is my pleasure Guzel." He always knows how to make me smile. 

We finally make it to the garden, it seems the preparation's are almost done for the party. I finally spot Mahidevran, she is watching Mustafa playing with his sword as he fights one of the guards. Mustafa spots us and comes running for Suleyman. 

"Your Majesty." Mahidevran says.

"How are you Mahidevran?" Suleyman asks.

"I am well, Mustafa is excited about his new brother or sister." She exclaims.

"I'm going to teach them how to sword fight and help them in school and protect them just like my other brothers and sisters!" He says with happiness in his voice.

"You are a wonder big brother Mustafa." I tell him.

"Guzel when are you going to have another baby?" I giggle a little bit.

"But Mustafa you have so many brothers and sisters already and another brother or sister on the way. Why do you want another one?" I ask him.

"Because you and mommy can do it together." I look up at Suleyman then at Mahidevran I didn't know what to say. Mustafa begged Suleyman, I look at Mahidevran.

"You would think with all his siblings and his new brother or sister on the way he would be satisfied." I tell her.

"He really likes you Guzel, he loves all his siblings. I don't understand why he wants more though." We both sigh and continue to watch Mustafa and Suleyman now play fight with swords. 

~Engagement party starts~

We are all enjoying the festivities, everyone is dancing and having fun. Hatice is extremely happy and Mahidevran couldn't be happier, all her troubles have gone away. All seems well or so I thought, I turn back to look at Mahidevran and her smile fades. I look at what she is looking at and its Hurrem. 

"Guzel I though she was gone?!" Mahidevran whispers into my ear.

"Mahidevran do not stress over her like last time. I am here to protect you like you protected me... she won't hurt you." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 4.5K 61
Rose was just a normal girl living her life with her loving family as any normal person would, that is until the barbarians attack her village and ki...
1.6K 33 28
Duvarları içinde (within the walls) Great-granddaughter of Suleyman Shah and Hayme Ana Granddaughter of Ertuğrul Ghazi and Halima Sultan Niece of Gun...
11.8K 355 32
She always thought men are like fictional characters. She was closed in the four walls always in order to save herself. But one day, a Sultan finall...
1K 31 11
" you will do as i say ...no ifs and buts ...do u hear me ? " he shouted .She was terrified and hiding herself from him .She knew if she didn't reply...