Marooned - Fred Weasley

By writersfeather

"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The secon... More

Author's note and characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Burrow
Chapter 2: Memories
Chapter 3: Trip down Diagon Alley
Chapter 4: Confiscated and highly dangerous
Chapter 5: A Bond
Chapter 7: Knock On Wood
Chapter 8: Heart of Stone
Chapter 9: The Missing
Chapter 10: Egypt's got to your head, hasn't it?
Chapter 11 : The Green Light
Chapter 12: Smoke
Chapter 13: The Hawk
Chapter 14: Stomping on ruins
Chapter 15: Fearless
Chapter 16: Terms
Chapter 17: A Send Off
Chapter 18: The Traitor
Chapter 19: Lycathropy, is that a candy?
Chapter 20: Summer at the Burrow
Chapter 21: A Future
Chapter 22: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter 23: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 24: The Curse
Chapter 25: The Champions
Chapter 26: Found Family
Chapter 27: Steps
Chapter 28: The Yule Ball
Chapter 29: The Second Task
Chapter 30: Foe
Chapter 31: An Ally
Chapter 32: Head-Quarters
Chapter 33: Almost
Chapter 34: Pink
Chapter 35: Lies
Chapter 36: Tyranny
Chapter 37: The Hog's Head
Chapter 38: The Match
Chapter 39: The Room of Requirement
Chapter 40: The Fever Dream
Chapter 41: The Antidote
Chapter 42: Details
Chapter 43: The Patronus
Chapter 44: Transitionary
Chapter 45: The Grand Exit
Chapter 46: The Ministry
Chapter 47: Answers
Chapter 48: Reality Check
Chapter 49: Job Description
Chapter 50: Always Almost
Chapter 50bis: Always Almost
Chapter 51: Risks and Gambles
Chapter 52: So it Goes...
Chapter 53: Afterglow
Chapter 54: Glitch
Chapter 55: Families
Chapter 56: Labyrinth
Chapter 57: 25th
Chapter 58: Firewall
Chapter 59: Sweet Nothing
Chapter 60: Farewell
Chapter 61: By Seven
Chapter 62: Guns and roses
Chapitre 63: Captured
Chapter 64: Deathwish
Chapter 65: Fallen From Grace
Chapter 66: Hold My Girl
Chapter 67: Come Back
Chapter 68: Plotting
Chapter 69: MI7
Chapter 70: Lost in the Woods
Chapter 71: The Locket
Chapter 72: Venom
Chapter 73: Godric's Hollow
Chapter 74: Forest of Dean
Chapter 75: What Dreams Are Made Of
Chapter 76: A Centuries Old Story
Chapter 77: Malfoy Manor
Chapter 78: Counting Battalions
Chapter 79: Security Breach
Chapter 80: Courtyard Apocalypse
Chapter 81: Whatever it Takes
Chapter 82: In Between
Chapter 83: The Great War
Chapter 84: Aftermath
Chapter 85: Daylight
Epilogue
To my readers

Chapter 6: Getaway Car

2.2K 57 18
By writersfeather

As if only short time had past, it was summer again. Harry and Sarah promised to write to each other, and she also spent an awful lot of time on her studying, getting a little ahead in a few classes for the year, but the last week on July, she spent it at the Burrow.

She was a little worried for Harry, she hadn't heard from him all summer and neither had Ron and Hermione. The night before, Sarah sat next to Fred on the ground, facing George and Ron on the couch.

"We need to do to something. I've just received Hermione's letter saying that she hasn't heard from Harry either," she handed Ron the letter and exchanged a look with the twins.

"They could have caged Hedwig, burnt our letters, who knows. Case in point, we need to help him, get him out of there," said Sarah, forcefully and they all agreed.

Tonight, it was all about the hostage situation : Operation Potter, the Getaway Car. Ron wasn't exactly fond of the name "It makes us sound like criminals."

"Shut it. It's a good name for a mission operation for justice," protested Sarah.

"Yeah, all right. Who knows how to drive it?" asked Ron, holding up the keys.

They all turned to Sarah and she raised her hands up in defense, "I don't know how to drive it!" she whispered, alarmed, "Don't you?"

"Stop your fussing, I've seen dad do it, I can manage," said Fred, taking the keys from Ron.

They got inside the car, quietly, Fred behind the wheel, Ron next to him and Sarah and George in the back seat.

He started the car, and Sarah was gripping his head-rest, a little afraid that they'll get caught with the sound the car made. But they didn't. They started flying, the car knew the way, as they told it. They flew for a moment, Sarah giving out the driving instructions to Fred, and she caught a glimpse of the sign 'Privet Drive'.

"We're almost there, make a right," she tapped Fred's head-rest.

"Stop hitting it, I understand your words," hissed Fred, and she smacked his head.

"Stop bickering, please," pleaded George.

Sarah and Fred scoffed, and she turned to her left to look at the street. Harry's house came into view then and they saw exactly how bad things were.

"Does it-" Ron gasped.

"Oh my dear God, the window has bars. Are they bonkers?" exclaimed Sarah, horrified.

Fred glanced at the windows and managed to get the car close to it, while sticking the tip of his tongue out in concentration, "Let's get him out, quickly."

The four of them glanced through the window to see Harry observing them. Ron stuck his head out the window, "Hi, Harry."

"Ron? Fred? George? Sarah? What are you doing here?" he asked, looking over their faces in disbelief.

"Rescuing you, of course," said Sarah, hastily.

Ron gestured for him to move on, "Now, come on, get your trunk!"

While Harry was gathering his things, Ron turned to the others in the car, "How are we getting him out of here?"

"There's a rope in the back here," said Sarah, "It has a hook, isn't it just perfect? It's like your parents were expecting us to steal this car and use it for the exact purpose."

They chuckled, "Now, we'll have an excuse if we get caught," said Fred.

Ron set the hook on the bars at Harry's window. Fred hit the acceleration at full capacity and tore away the metal. He backed away and opened the trunk for Harry to set his trunk.

"Potter!" they heard yell in the hallway, making Harry hurry and panic. He gave Hedwig to Ron and his bedroom door opened loudly, three people were standing, looking horrified at the picture. Ron slid onto the backseat and Harry jumped into the car, a mean-looking man holding his leg, not letting go as Harry was kicking it off.

"Let go of me!" struggled Harry

Sarah, George and Ron were holding him tightly.

"Oh, no! You and that bloody pigeon aren't going anywhere!" shouted Harry's uncle, Sarah presumed.

"Drive!" Sarah shouted in Fred's ear and the car started, the man still not letting go. He fell into some bushes and they all turned around to snicker at them as Fred drove away.

"By the way, Harry, happy birthday," said Ron softly, and Sarah reached over to set a hand on his shoulder, "Happy birthday, Harry."

Harry turned around to look at them both and set his hand on top of Sarah's, smiling fondly.

"Thank you, guys," he said, happily. His eyes were glistening, like he hadn't smiled like that in weeks.

Fred brutally pulled up in front of the Burrow and they made their way inside, quietly, "Come on, shush," hushed Fred as they all entered. Harry was looking around mesmerized. Sarah closed the door behind her and George handed her a bit of brioche that she gladly took.

"It's not much, but it's home," said Ron.

"I think it's brilliant," gushed Harry, making the four of them smile.

They heard steps coming down and Molly appeared, furious look on her face, "Where have you been?"

They hid their brioche behind their backs and kept silent.

"Harry," her voice had softened, "How wonderful to see you, dear."

She looked back at Ron and the twins, furious look again, "Beds empty. No note. Car gone. You could have died. You could have been seen," she looked at Harry again, softly, "Of course, I don't blame you, Harry, dear. And Sarah," her eyes went wide when she singled her out, "I had expected better from you. Going along with this-"

"It was her idea," mumbled Fred and Sarah turned to him, frowning at his betrayal, "I can't believe you," she hissed at him and he raised his shoulders.

"They were starving him, Molly," said Sarah, hoping it'd be enough for her to let them off the hook.

The boys nodded, "There were bars on his window," whined Ron.

Molly raised her finger warningly, "Well, you best hope I don't put bars on your window, Ronald Weasley."

Sarah's and the twins' eyes widened at the threat and Molly turned to Harry again, flipping off the scolding switch, "Come on, Harry, time for a spot of breakfast."

Ginny walked down the stairs then, and when she saw Harry, she made a stunned face and backed away, leaving the boys snickering. Sarah left their side, stomping on Fred's foot as she did, as payback for throwing her under the bus before. He winced and grabbed his foot, "Blimey, McCauley!"

She smirked and followed Ginny upstairs. She had a bit of a crush on Harry, Sarah wanted to make sure she was still breathing.

"Hey, there, are you all right?" she chuckled as slowly opened the ajar door of Ginny's room. She was hurriedly folding and unfolding some clothes.

"Yes, yes, why?" she wasn't making eye contact with her.

Sarah smiled softly, "I think those are pretty well folded, Ginny, mind just breathing?"

Ginny dropped the clothes on the floor and took a deep breath, "Yes, I had forgotten for some reason."

Sarah crouched down and picked up the jumper from the ground, folded it and put it in a drawer.

"He's just a person, I can guarantee you he's not a mythical character you can't approach," she said and Ginny's face turned redder, if it was even possible.

"He's really sweet, and amazing," whispered Ginny, letting out a long breath to get to cool down her face.

Sarah nodded, "You're even sweeter, and brilliant."

"Thank you." Ginny smiled, then cleared her throat and resumed to moving things around her room, under Sarah's amused gaze.

"Are you excited about your first year?" asked Sarah, picking up other clothes from the floor. They were clean, Ginny had thrown them in panic and just to have a chore.

"Yes, a little nervous, but it's normal, right?"

"Of course," she reassured her, "And you won't be alone, you'll have Hermione and me, the boys, too. You'll love the classes."

Ginny nodded and picked up a stack of brand new parchments to set them in her trunk, "I'm a little worried I won't exactly fit in."

Sarah raised en eyebrow, "Why's that?"

"I dunno," Ginny shrugged, "I keep hearing about people being mean to Ron. Maybe I'll be too forceful, opinionated for people to enjoy my company."

"Ginny," Sarah said softly, "Those things are unbelievable qualities, people would be fools not to enjoy your company, look at us, a house full of people who adore you completely."

She shook her head a little, unconvinced, "You're my family, you sort of have to do so."

"I don't think so. It's because we know you well and know the kind of person you are. You'll be amazing at Hogwarts," said Sarah, looking at her intently, hoping the words would get through to her.

Ginny finally nodded, allowing herself to believe Sarah, she knew her the best around here.

"Thank you," she smiled shyly at Sarah and she nodded encouragingly.

Sarah spent the remnants of the month of August at the Burrow with the Weasleys and Harry, Remus came about to visit her and agreed with Molly, because the full moon was approaching, to take her to Diagon Alley at the same time as Ginny and the boys this year.

They were all standing before the chimney, ready to go.

"Go on Harry," Molly held the pot of Floo powder to Harry. He eyed it, confused as to what to do with it.

"Harry's never travelled by Floo powder before, mum," said Ron and Molly gestured for him to walk, "You go first then, Ron, show Harry how it's done."

Ron walked into the chimney, took a handful of Floo powder, pronounced his destination clearly and disappeared into green flames.

Sarah glanced at Harry, he looked terrified now. She left her spot between the twins and whispered to Harry, "You don't actually burn, Harry, you'll be fine."

He nodded and swallowed, following into Ron's footsteps.

"Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly," warned Molly, backing away from him.

With a shaky breath, he closed his eyes, "Diagonally," and let go of his Floo powder.

"Oh, Harry," breathed out Sarah, shaking her head.

The trip down Diagon Alley was a lot more eventful than Sarah had expected. Harry had landed in Knockturn Alley but had found his way back to them, he always did, thankfully. They had met up with Hermione at Flourish and Blotts. They needed to get their books for the Defense Against the Dark Arts this year, and apparently, some big event was happening, Gilderoy Lockhart was there. He was some kind of legend, having defeated tons of creatures, and came out a hero. The sight of him made Sarah cringe for some reason.

"We're going to Gambol and Japes, want to come?" asked Fred

She beamed at him, "I'd love to," she let out a frustrated groan, "But I have to stay in the queue to get these books."

Molly turned to her, "Don't worry, Sarah, dear, I'll stay here, I can get them signed, too, if you want."

Sarah glanced at Lockhart and returned a warm smile, "Just the purchase, would be terrific, thank you so much." She handed Molly the books and set the money to pay for them on top of the pile and she went outside with Fred and George. They browsed through the shelves of the Joke shop, the twins bought some Dungbombs and Fireworks, when Ginny appeared at the door, calling them out.

_

"Where are they?" wondered Sarah, looking around the room. Fred, George and Selena were looking around the Great Hall, Harry and Ron were nowhere to be found.

"I've looked around the school corridors, they aren't here," said Lee as he came back, sitting down again.

Sarah huffed anxiously. "Did we see them embark?" asked Hermione and the twins looked at each other for a second, and shook their heads.

"They'll turn up, don't worry," said Selena and they all shrugged, figured she was right.

"I still can't believe we got Gilderoy Lockhart as a DADA teacher!" gushed Hermione, and Selena nodded fiercely.

Sarah frowned slightly, quickly getting questioned about her lack of excitement.

"I dunno, he-Um," she hesitated before the attentive stares of everyone, "He seems to be a bit of a sham."

A row of protests erupted from around her, making her grimace, "All right, all right, I get it, you don't agree! Don't bite off my head!"

They all frowned at her, and a voice pierced through the deafening silence of her friends, "I've actually heard a rumor that he stole the credit for some of his exploits."

Sarah looked to her right to find Oliver Wood grinning at her. She points at him, looking over her friends' faces triumphantly, "Ah, ha!"

"Whatever," said Selena, she and Hermione exchanging an annoyed look and Sarah turned back to Wood, solemnly, "Your input is much appreciated."

He lets out a chuckle, "Anytime," and he winks at her, surprising her and her friends. She tries to bite down the awfully wide grin that appears on her face and she locks eyes with Angelina and Selena, both beaming, Lee and George sneer at her.

"What's with you?" she hears George ask Fred. She turns to them both to find Fred's face looking a bit mad, annoyed. 

"What? Nothing," he grumbles before turning to the opposite side to talk to Alicia. Sarah looks up at George, quizzically.

He puts a hand on his chest, "Don't ask, I have no idea."

She smiles endearingly at him and joins back the discussion of her friends, fortunately not regarding Gilderoy Lockhart. After the feast, as they got out of the Great Hall, they saw Harry and Ron sitting on the floor, probably waiting for them.

"Harry!" shrieked Sarah and ran to him, he got up and hugged her, and waved at the rest of his friends.

"What's happened to both of you?" she asked, and they made their way towards the Gryffindor Tower.

"We couldn't get through the barrier. We had to take the car," said Ron.

Sarah smirked, "The Getaway Car."

Ron rolled his eyes, trying to look annoyed but he had to admit, "It is a cool name."

Fred and George winced, "Mum'll not let you live that down," said George.

Ron grimaced, dreading the moment Molly will find out.

Sarah clapped her hands together, "Well, that's a great way to start the year," she commented, and they girls and boys split up after entering the portrait hole, Sarah and Selena walking up to their dorm, Ginny and Hermione to theirs, preparing for a year not so quiet after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
555K 11.7K 71
Fred Weasley x F!Reader ----- When you stepped onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time, you had no idea that you were about to meet who would be...
56.9K 1.6K 65
(COMPLETED) Things Eleanor Potter expected of her final year at Hogwarts: - Pranking the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor until they quit...
2.4K 231 23
Gwen has known the Weasley twins for years, more than that, she's been best friends with them, practically part of the family, but as their fifth yea...