Chapter 31: An Ally

School was grim after what had unravelled during the last task of the Tournament. Cedric's death shook a good part of the school, if not all the school. Cedric's friends from Hufflepuff organized some sort of wake for him, where the seventh years that knew him gathered and exchanged stories about him, and lit up the tips of their wands, to honor the memory of their classmate and friend. Sarah knew him, last year she'd ended up getting sucked into the Quidditch world without realizing it and since he and Oliver were both captains. They partnered up occasionally in Charms, and he was always a pleasure to be around.

Sarah told Remus as soon as she could about Ireland, and he brought her back a few days sooner than the set date for students to leave Hogwarts, just after her exams. He was still angry at Dumbledore and the rest of the faculty for what happened, wanted to have her home as soon as possible.

Harry had managed to talk about bits of what had happened at the graveyard, although not much. And whatever had happened with Crouch, although Selena, Fred and George kept asking her if she wanted to talk about it, Sarah never did. It wasn't pretty, they'd gathered that much, but not the extent of it, and it's for the better.

Along with Athena and her trunk, Sarah walked into the living room of his cottage and she met Sirius there, too.

She ran into his arms and he held her tightly, hand over her head. They had something important to discuss with her, although she wondered why Harry still wasn't here.

"He's much safer in the Muggle world, but trust me, we'd wish for him to be here as well," said Remus and Sirius nodded.

"First of all, tell me about Ireland. What do you make of it? Do you want to go?"

She nodded, "I think it can really help. I know something big is coming and every extra knowledge and technique can be useful."

"It'd be nice to have another Healer in the Order," mumbled Sirius and Remus quickly glared at him.

"The Order?" asked Sarah, confused, looking between them.

Remus nodded, "Yes, well, it is actually what I wanted to talk to you about, although not most thoughtful way of starting," he frowned at Sirius, "The Order of the Phoenix is a secret organization that was built with the purpose of combatting You-Know-Who."

"The Order of the Phoenix?" she repeated, "That sounds conspicuous. Dumbledore named it, didn't he?"

Sirius snorted with laughter and Remus smiled softly too, "Yes, he did."

"Oh, she's Daniel's all right," Sirius snickered, lacking Sarah chuckle.

"Now, what I wanted to talk to you about, after you come back from Ireland, I was wondering if you would you want to sit in on some meetings?" asked Remus.

Sarah looked between them again, "Are you seriously making this intervention to ask me if I want to fight against that piece of sh-" she cleared her throat, "That monster," she quickly said when she met Remus' glare.

Sirius laughed again, putting a hand on her shoulder, "Daniel."

Sarah waggled her eyebrows and looked up at Remus again, "I'll take this whole scene as a 'yes, Remus, thank you for asking'," he said amused and she nodded.

Sirius clapped his hands together, "Great! Let's show to her the Head-Quarters!"

"Do I need to sign something in blood? Or do you just trust the kind hearts of your members?" asked Sarah, in an assertive way and that seemed to send Sirius over the edge.

He started doubling over with laughter, "Oh, I love her!" He clapped his hands and clutched his stomach, "That's the same thing Lyana said!"

Remus cackled, too, "It is uncanny, truly."