Day Is Gonna Come

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Between the son of an archangel and an open portal to a different world, the Winchesters are in for more than... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
I
01. Lost and Found
02. The Rising Son
03. Patience
04. The Big Empty
05. Advanced Thanatology
06. Tombstone
07. War of the Worlds
08. The Scorpion and the Frog
09. The Bad Place
10. Good Intentions
11. Unfinished Business
12. Beat the Devil
13. Exodus
14. Let the Good Times Roll
II
16. Gods and Monsters
17. The Scar
18. Mint Condition
19. Nightmare Logic
20. Optimism
21. Unhuman Nature
22. Byzantium
23. The Spear
24. Nihilism
25. Damaged Goods
26. Prophet and Loss
27. Lebanon
28. Ouroboros
29. Peace of Mind
30. Don't Go Into the Woods
31. Game Night
32. Absence
33. Jack in the Box
34. Moriah
III
35. Back and to the Future
36. Raising Hell
37. The Rupture
38. Atomic Monsters
39. Proverbs 17:3
40. Golden Time
41. Last Call
42. Our Father, Who Aren't in Heaven
43. The Trap
44. The Heroes' Journey
45. The Gamblers
46. Galaxy Brain
47. Destiny's Child
48. Last Holiday

15. Stranger in a Strange Land

29 1 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Shot Down in Flames by AC/DC was playing.

ROAD – NIGHT

The Impala sped down the highway.

Sam was driving. He turned the stereo off. The music stopped. He kept driving in the night.

ROOM – MORNING

A man, Jamil, was resting on his bed. He woke up, stopped the music on his phone and lazily threw it away.

LATER

Jamil was getting ready to pray. He spoke Arabic. "Glorified be you, all praise is yours, perfect is your name, most high is your majesty and greatness. None has the right to be worshipped but you, the only one God." He placed his knees and hands on the floor. "Glorified be my God, the highest. Glorified be my God, the highest. Glorified be my God, the highest."

Jamil looked up. In front of him, Michael was sitting on a chair and staring down at him, wearing Dean's vessel. Jamil fell back, scared.

"Hello, Jamil," Michael greeted.

"Who are you?" Jamil asked.

"Oh, we've never met. But you've read all about me. How does it go?" Michael spoke in Arabic. "Whoever is an enemy to Allah, and His angels, and His messengers, and Gabriel and Michael then indeed, Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers." Michael's eyes glowed blue.

"You're... God?"

"Close, but... not quite."

"Gabriel?"

"The other one. The better one."

"Michael."

"There we go."

"No, no, no, no. Why are you here?"

"Well, that is the question, isn't it?" Michael stood. "Why are we here. I know why I'm here to ask you a question."

"What question?"

"The same question I've spent weeks traveling around this world asking all sorts of people. Holy men, leaders, killers. And now I come to you, Jamil Hamed." He paused. "What do you want?"

"What?"

"Do you want? Exactly. If you could have anything, name it."

"Peace. And love."

"If you cared about peace, you never would have left Syria. You never would have ran and abandoned your friends to die – and they did die."

"No."

"And if you cared about love, you never would have gone into that broom closet with – What was her name?"

Jamil breathed shakily. "No."

"Darlene? Your wife would have never left and you wouldn't be living in this... rat hole."

Jamil tried to attack Michael, who threw him on the floor without even moving.

"And that's the problem with you. You're lost... And not worth saving." Michael said.

"Wha—what—what do you want?" Jamil asked.

"What I always wanted... a better world."

BUNKER

Survivors from the AU were preparing their weapons. Mary approached one of them. "Hi."

The man pointed at various bullets. "You got silver. Devil's Trap. Holy Oil." He grabbed a gun. "And these here, they're dipped in Dean Man's blood."

Mary took the gun and loaded it.

"Basically, you need some freak dead? I got you."

Mary checked the gun. In front of her, Maggie was helping another survivor with his wounds.

"A rawhead did this?" Maggie asked.

"Yeah. Outside Phoenix. They're faster than they look," a second man said. Maggie extracted a fang from the wound. "Meaner, too."

"So, so gross."

The door creaked open. A man walked in and asked, "Soup's on. Who's eating?"

"Right here," the second man said.

"Yeah, I'll–" a woman was cut off.

Sam entered the bunker and walked down the stairs.

"Yeah, right here. How about you guys?" the first man wondered.

"I'll have soup," man two said.

"Sam," Mary greeted.

"Hey, Mom," Sam replied, hugging Mary.

"How was Atlanta?"

"It was, uh... It was a bust. The woman who claims she saw an "angel"... was..." He snorted. "Let's just say I think she had one too many hits of the brown acid, you know?"

"Sam, we're gonna find him. Ketch is working that thing in London. Castiel is in Detroit. I know it's been three weeks since Dean..." She paused. "Something will break. It has to."

"Yeah. Yeah, you keep saying that." Sam yawned.

"Have you slept? At all. Sam, you need to rest. Go and lay down."

"Mom–"

"Chief," a man called.

"Hey."

"Good to have you back." The man handed Sam a bowl of soup.

"Thanks."

"Don't thank me yet. Word is we got some vamps heading East on I-90. Gyspy types. Pickin' off truckers mostly."

"Last body got drained and dropped just outside La Crosse six hours ago," man two added.

Sam thought for a moment. "Okay. Um... All right. Get me teams of two. I want watch points every 50 miles. If you see something, say something. Maggie, can you hack the traffic cams on the freeway?"

"Um... no," Maggie replied.

"Right. Right. Of course. Sorry. Um, I got it. Thank you." He gave his soup to Mary. "Uh, please. Would you call in Sharon and her crew? We're gonna need all hands on deck here."

"Yes, sir," man three said.

"Thank you." Sam sat and started typing on his laptop.

Mary approached him again. "Sam-"

"I'm good."

Mary put a hand on his shoulder. Sam looked at her. "I'm good. I am. Hey, how're Jack and Jayci?"

JACK'S ROOM

Jack fell on his back, groaning. He was wearing boxing gloves. Bobby was staring down at him. Seylah stood back and watched, every so often encouraging Jack.

"Watch for that left," Bobby warned.

"I never had to fight before," Jack admitted.

"Mm-hmm. Life's a little different when you can't just zap people around, huh?"

"A lot different. Yeah."

Seylah smiled. "I think you're doing pretty good, Jack, powers or not."

Bobby helped him get back on his feet. "You'll get used to it. Truth be told, this stuff didn't come all that easy for me, either. Had my ass handed to me more times than I can count."

"But you kept fighting," Jack said. "Thanks for the encouragement, Sey."

"You got to. As a wise man once said, "It ain't how hard ya hit. It's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.""

"Was that Gandhi?"

"Probably. Yeah, somethin' like that. Yeah. So, what are you gonna do?"

"Watch the left."

"Attaboy. Attaboy."

They resumed their training. Jack took Bobby's hits.

"Ah, that's it," Bobby encouraged.

"You can do it, Jack," Seylah said with a smile.

MOTOWN'S BBQ MEATS

The door creaked open.

"Castiel, darling." He walked towards Castiel, who was waiting at a table.

"Oh, God," Castiel muttered.

Kipling addressed the bartender. "Sweetie, fix me a coffee, black, and a Texas Trinity, necked, with some bark."

"Sure," the bartender said.

"And for my friends..."

"Water," Castiel answered.

"Water for my friend," Kipling said.

"All right," the bartender replied.

Kipling sat down.

"What did you just order?" Castiel asked.

"Oh, sausage and brisket, pork ribs, no sauce, well done. My apologies for the lingo, but when in Rome..." Kipling trailed.

"I was surprised you wanted to meet here."

"I'm surprised you wanted to meet at all. Didn't think that you consorted with... my kind." Kipling removed his sunglasses. His eyes turned black.

"Yes, well... we need information."

"Of course you do."

"Does any demon know where Dean Winchester is?"

"I'm sorry, did you just say you lost a Winchester? Because, one -- that's... interesting. And, how is that you lost Dean? I thought the two of you were joined at the..." Kipling glanced down in a suggestive way, "... you know, everything."

The bartender brought them their orders.

"Thank you, darling."

"Just answer the question," Castiel demanded.

"You see, I could..." Kipling sipped his drink, "...except, not to be crass, but what's in it for moi?"

"Your life," Castiel deadpanned.

"Come again?"

"I'll speak slower..."

"Mm."

"...and you will tell me everything you know, or I will burn you to ash right here and right now."

"I think we can do better."

"We?"

Kipling raised a finger. All the people in the bar stood up. They were all demons. Castiel stood.

"We," Kipling confirmed.

Castiel got his angel blade out. He tried to fight, but he were outnumbered.

ST. ANTHONY'S HOLY PARISH OF DULUTH

Devotees were leaving the church. A couple stopped to talk to Sister Jo.

"You saved me, Sister," a man said.

"Thank you," Sister Jo replied.

"God bless you," the woman told her.

"He does, every day."

STREET

Sister Jo was walking, counting the money she made. Suddenly, there was a flutter of wings.

"Hey, Jo," Michael greeted.

Sister Jo stopped in her tracks and turned. "Who are you?"

"You don't recognize me with this pretty face?"

"You're not -- You're not Dean Winchester. You're..." Sister Jo saw Michael's true form and inhaled sharply. "Oh, God."

"People keep calling me that."

Sister Jo turned to walk away and Michael stopped her. "Ah, ah. We need to talk."

"You're the Archangel Michael, from another world, and you're possessing Dean Winchester," Sister Jo determined.

"Sounds more complicated than it is."

"Why would he say "yes" to you?"

"Love." Michael walked towards Sister Jo.

"Really?" She chuckled. "That's very Hallmark Channel. So, I'm just gonna go now."

"No, you're not. Not until I ask you... what do you want?"

"I don't know. Chanel, Dior, Louis Vuitton."

"You think this is a joke?"

"I don't know what this is. You asked, I answered. We done?"

"No. I asked, and you lied."

"I didn't."

"I know about you, Jo. Because he knew about you. You're the rebel, the angel who doesn't like playing by Heaven's rules or whatever. You pretend to care about these things -- pretty things. But that's all it is -- pretending. These trinkets, they don't make you happy. They just pass the time. They're not what you really want."

"And if you're so smart, what do I really want?"

"Love. To belong, to have a place -- a home, a family. It's very very human of you. And so, so disappointing. I can sense how many angels are in this world. There aren't many left. I thought... maybe I could help. But if they're all these sad, lost, fallen things -- things like you -- maybe they're not worth saving, either."

BUNKER - JACK'S ROOM

Jack was sitting on his bed. Seylah sat next to him. A knock came from the door. It was Sam. Sam opened the door.

"Hey," Sam greeted.

"Hey," Jack and Seylah replied.

"I, uh... chatted with Bobby." Sam sat on the bed. "He said you may have had a rough day today."

"It was fine," Jack said.

"Okay." Sam paused. "Jack I know this must be so hard. Without your grace, without your powers, it's a lot, I'm sure. But you can get past this. I know you will. I have faith in you, Jack. And I believe in you. And-"

Mary walked in, interrupting them. "Hey. Sam, um... he's awake."

Sam said to Jack, "We have to, uh-"

"I know," Jack interrupted.

"We'll talk later, all right?"

Jack nodded. Sam patted the bed, stood, and left with Mary.

BUNKER - CORRIDOR

Sam and Mary headed towards one of the rooms.

"Did he say anything?" Sam asked.

"I didn't talk to him. I can barely look at him," Mary replied.

"Thanks."

Mary left him alone.

BUNKER - NICK'S ROOM

A man was sitting on the bed, his face mostly in shadow. Sam stared at his back for a while, took a deep and shaky breath, and turned on the lights.

The man, Nick, turned. "Oh, hey, Sam."

"Hey... Nick."

Nick was in his house right before he was possessed for the first time.

Sarah/Lucifer said, "Nick... Nick... I'm an angel. My name is Lucifer. I need to take control of your mind and your body. Nick, I need you to say yes."

"Then yes."

"How'd you sleep?" Sam asked.

"Uh, yeah. Um... Okay. I didn't wake up screaming, so that's a plus."

"Yeah. So, no more nightmares?"

"They're getting better."

"Good."

Nick looked at Sam.

"May I, uh -- May I see it?" Sam questioned.

Nick stood. He unbuttoned his shirt. He had a wound where Dean stabbed him. Sam prepared his tools to medicate it. "Oh, look at that. Looks like it's healing."

Nick scratched his wound. "Yeah, it itches a lot. Doesn't really, uh-" Sam disinfected the wound, "-hurt! Aah!"

"Sorry."

"Ow. Ow. I don't get it. I don't understand how Lucifer could die and I could live."

"Yeah, um... I think that maybe it's because the archangel blades were made to kill the archangel inside a-and not the person they, uh-"

"Possesses and uses to almost end the world twice?"

"Yeah. That."

"It must be weird, you looking at me and seeing him."

"Yeah." Sam paused. "But... I'm really glad it's you. I'm glad Lucifer is dead."

"Me, too."

"You still, uh -- Y-You still remember-"

"Oh, I mean, just little bits and pieces here and there. Nothing -- Nothing about your brother."

"Okay. And, uh, Michael? Did he tell Lucifer anything? Anything about his plan?"

"I mean, I remember him saying... he wanted to do it right this time."

BUNKER - CORRIDOR

Sam left Nick's room. He closed the door, and brought a hand to his forehead. His phone started buzzing and he answered. "Hey, Cas."

"Hello, Sam," Kipling said.

MOTOWN'S BBQ MEATS

Kipling was holding Castiel captive and chained to a chair.

"Who is this?" Sam asked.

"Oh. I'm the boy who's got your angel. And if you want to see him again, you know, alive, we should probably chat. I want to talk to the sis-in-law as well."

BUNKER - WAR ROOM

Sam was preparing some weapons to rescue Castiel, along with Bobby, Jack, Seylah, Maggie and Mary.

"It's a trap," Mary warned.

"Yep," Sam confirmed.

"This guy's a-" Bobby was cut off.

"Demon."

"He just told you he was a demon?" Jack asked.

"Yeah. He seemed pretty proud of it, too."

"Yeah, they ain't a real humble bunch," Bobby said.

"So, what do we do?" Maggie wondered.

Sam loaded his gun. "We get Cas back. All right, grab holy water, Devil's Trap bullets, angel blades, because whatever we're walking into-"

"It's gonna suck," Bobby finished.

"Exactly. Maggie, you're with Bobby. Mom, Sey, you're with me."

"I'm coming, too. I know I'm not as strong as I used to be, but... I can help." Jack paused. "I have to."

"Listen, kid-" Bobby began.

"Okay. Grab your gear."

Jack smiled at him and hurriedly left to prepare.

"Sam, I mean -- Jack's a worker, but he ain't ready for a full-on demon smackdown," Bobby said.

"So... we keep an eye on him," Sam reasoned. "He needs this, Bobby. Sey can watch out for him."

Bobby left.

MOTOWN'S BBQ MEATS

Kipling grabbed a cup of coffee from the bar. Castiel was still chained to the chair, bloody from his previous fight with the demons.

Kipling said to the bartender, "And danke, sweetie." He sat next to the angel. "Castiel, you sure I can't get you anything hot and black?"

"Coffee has no effect on me," Castiel replied.

"Hm. Me either." He sipped his coffee. "You know, not anymore, but it's like saltwater taffy or infants -- you know, I just like the taste."

"Why are you doing this?"

"I'm just trying to be a good host like Mother would have wanted."

"No, w-"

Castiel rattled his chains. "Why are you using me as bait?"

"I mean, it's kind of what you're for, isn't it? And I need something... from Sam Winchester."

"You really think that he's gonna make a deal with you?"

"Oh, he's dealt with worse. You see, recently, I had a revelation. You know, somebody asked me what it was that I wanted, and I realized that after 600 years as a demon walking the planet, destroying, drinking, defiling -- you know, the Three D's -- I didn't know. So, I sat back, and I gave it a good think, and I realized exactly what I wanted."

"And what is it?"

"Everything."

ROAD

The Impala sped down the road, followed by another car.

Sam was driving. Mary was sitting shotgun. Seylah sat in back.

"Sam, it's gonna be fine."

Sam scoffed. "Stop saying that, please."

"What?"

""It's gonna be fine," that everything's gonna be fine, we're gonna find Dean, and-"

"We are."

"You don't know that." He paused. "Dean's gone, and we have no idea where he is or -- or if he's even still alive. You know, Michael could have... burned him out or... worse, and..." He sighed.

"I know. I know he's out there, scared and alone. I know. I know he might never come back. Never think I don't know that. But -- I can't -- I have to think about the good, Sam, because, if I don't, I will drown in the bad. For Dean's sake, I can't do that. We can't do that."

Seylah nodded. "Grand-mère is right. We will find Uncle Dean and save him. And we'll save Cas as well."

(Grandma)

BOBBY'S CAR

Bobby, Maggie and Jack were following right behind the Impala. Bobby glanced at Jack. "Listen, Jack. On the other side, you saved me and mine a dozen times. Now, things may have changed, for you, but... whatever happened -- whatever happens -- we got your backs."

MOTOWN'S BBQ MEATS - DAY

Sam, Mary, Bobby, Maggie, Seylah and Jack arrived in the location where Castiel was being held captive. They got out of their cars.

Sam handed Mary Ruby's knife. "Here."

"The Demon Killing Knife. Are you sure?" Mary asked.

"Yeah. They'll search me. It's safer with you. All right. You know what to do."

Sam headed to the bar's entrance.

MOTOWN'S BBQ MEATS

Sam cautiously walked inside. Kipling smiled at him. "Ladies and gentlemen, the great... Sam Winchester."

A demon searched Sam. Kipling put his drink down. "I have heard so much about you. You're a damn legend, Sam -- a-an icon. Icons. Th-The shoulders, the -- the hair. Mm-mm! You're my Beyoncé."

Sam looked at the angel and asked, "Cas, you okay?"

"Of course he is. I don't damage the merchandise."

"I'm more embarrassed than I am hurt," Castiel replied.

Sam turned to Kipling. "And you are?"

"Kipling. Uh, "Kip" for short," Kipling replied.

"Cool. Kip. I'm here like you asked, so-"

"Yeah, you're here, but not exactly as I asked. You see, I told you to come alone. But..."

A group of demons had captured Jack, Jayci and Maggie. They brought them in.

"Found them outside. They didn't even put up a fight," a demon informed.

"I'm sorry, Sam," Jack apologized.

One of the demons punched Jack in the stomach. Seylah's jaw clenched and she moved to Jack's side.

"It's fine. You... tried. But I'm gonna need a little bit more now, you know, not to... eat them. I-It's just, you know, late capitalism. You understand. So, Sam, let's make a deal," Kipling said.

"You're looking to make a deal?" Sam questioned.

"I'm a demon. That's how we do."

Sam glanced at Maggie, Seylah and Jack.

"Please." Kipling sternly tapped a stool next to him. "Sit. No? Suit yourselves, barbarians."

"What do you want?" Sam demanded.

"That is a very good question. What do I want? You know, I don't know if you're aware or not, Sam, but Hell's in a bit of a pickle, you know, with Crowley dead and Asmodeus Kentucky fried, which means-"

"I don't care."

"Yes, you do. Or you will. You see, for the first time in a very long time, Hell is without a King. And that -- that's just not right. So, I-"

"So, you volunteer."

"Exactly."

"Why are you telling me all this?"

"I want to work with you, Sam, not against you."

"And is that why you took me hostage?" Castiel questioned.

"It's exactly why you're still breathing. It gives me a chance to show Sam and friends that I can hurt them but choose not to. You see, I want the Crowley Deal. I give you information, a spot of help every now and again, and in return, you choose to turn a blind eye to the crossroads deals, the demon-on-demon violence, et cetera."

"We never gave Crowley that deal," Sam said.

"How exciting. Then I would be breaking new ground."

"All right. You got some good lines, I'll give you that much, but you're no Crowley. I know that. And so do they."

"Ouch!" Kipling laughed. "Owie! I know that I'm not that ponce-y son of a bitch. You see, in life, I rode with Genghis Khan, and I burned half the world. So, please, do you think that I like prancing around like this? Please." He menacingly approached Sam. "If I had it my way, I would eat your hearts. But a King has an image to maintain. And I'm not afraid of you. But, they are." Kipling glanced at the other demons. "So, take the deal, Sam, before I stop trying to be Crowley and I show you who I really am. So, what do you say, darling?"

"No."

"A-Are you sure, because I know things -- a-all sorts of things."

"Yeah. So do I."

"Like?"

Mary and Bobby broke in. They started shooting, making the fire alarm go off. Everyone else sought shelter. Mary threw Ruby's knife to Sam. "Sam!"

"How smart."

Sam and Kipling started fighting. Mary killed a demon with an angel blade. Jack, Seylah and Maggie were hiding.

Jack said to Maggie and Seylah, "Hey. Stay low."

A couple of demons were beating up Bobby. Jack stepped up. "Hey! Get away from him."

"Aw, balls," Bobby muttered.

One of the demons punched Jack. Sam was still fighting with Kipling.

Seylah jumped up and kicked back the demon that had hit Jack.

Mary went to Maggie, who was still hiding. "Take this." She gave Maggie her angel blade. "You know how to use it?"

"Uh, stab them with the pointy end?" Maggie said in a questioning tone.

"Pretty much. Okay."

"Okay."

Sam and Kipling kept fighting. Castiel watched. A demon attacked Mary and is almost winning, when -- Maggie stabbed her in the back with the angel blade. They got attacked by another pair of demons. A demon punched Jack K.O.

Kipling was about to overpower Sam. He took Ruby's knife. "Cool."

Sam exploited Kipling being distracted, grabbed the knife, and killed him. "Enough!" Everyone looked at him. "There will be no new King of Hell. Not today. Not ever. And if anybody wants the job, you can come through me. Understood?" He breathed heavily. "So, what's it gonna be?"

All demons left their vessels.

"That's what I thought," Sam said.

BUNKER

Sam was sitting at the table, pressing a cold beer to his forehead. He was having a phone conversation.

"Yeah. Yeah, yeah. I -- No, I don't care. I -- Just keep looking. Yeah. Thanks," Sam said.

"Who was that?" Castiel asked.

"Uh, Ketch." Sam chuckled. "He's in London searching for the Newton-Dee Hyperbolic Pulse Generator."

Castiel sat. "The what?"

"It's the -- It's the magic egg that kicked Lucifer out of the President. I thought we could use it on Michael, but -- Ketch can't find it. So, that's another dead end, which is just awesome."

"Sam, are you all right?"

"Yeah, I've been better. I've been worse. You?"

"I understand. I'm -- I'm just sorry. I should never have gone to those demons."

"Cas, I -- No, I-I-I don't blame you. I don't. I... Honestly, I-I wish I'd have thought of it first. If it meant finding Dean, I-I'd work with -- I'd do anything."

BUNKER - KITCHEN

Mary and Bobby were having a beer together.

"Not bad today, old man," Mary teased.

"You, too, sunshine," Bobby replied.

BUNKER - BATHROOM

Jack was staring at himself in the mirror.

"Hey, Jack," Castiel greeted.

"I'm fine," Jack said.

"You did well."

"All I did was get punched in the face."

"Well, to be fair, we all got punched in the face."

"That's not -- Before, when I had my powers, I-I could have done something, and-"

"Jack. You don't -- You -- You don't have your powers. And you -- Your grace should regenerate in time, but until then-"

"I'm useless. I can't kill demons, I can't find Dean, and Michael is in our world, and I can't stop him. I can't do anything. I don't have anything."

"Oh, Jack, that's just not true. You've got me. You have all of us. You have your family. And -- And we are going to find Dean and we are going to beat Michael and we're going to do it together. We -- Because that's what we do." Castiel left.

Seylah walked in and gave Jack a small smile. Jack returned her smile.

BUNKER - SAM'S ROOM

Sam entered his room. He turned the light on and left his phone on the table. The phone started vibrating with an incoming call. Sam picked up. "Hello?"

"Sam?" Sister Jo said.

"Jo?"

ROAD

"Yeah. We have a problem."

WAREHOUSE

Michael was talking to a young man. "Now, you -- you know exactly what you want. You don't pretend to want to help people or save the world. Your want is pure and simple and clean. And that's why you are worth saving. That's why we are going to work so well together. Because you -- you just want to eat."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 138 36
Cataleya is mysteriously back, but it won't take long to find out how or why. Dean is wrestling with a confession he made, unsure if she feels the s...
84.7K 3.9K 53
**Set in Season 11** **YOU MUST READ BOOKS 1 AND 2 [ROGUE AND MARKED] BEFORE TOUCHING THIS ONE** "Once you let the darkness in, there's no go...
32.2K 258 21
A Jack Kline fanfiction based on season 13 All rights go to the fantastic creators of supernatural
4.5K 190 95
A force was unleashed due to the removal of the Mark. A long-deceased figure returns. A potentially dangerous entity comes into being. One who pre...