Royal Republic

By Feransela8

A secret dimension called "The Lost World" where magic casters such as wizards, sorcerers and the like fight... More

Chapter 1:The Day it All Began
Chapter 2:An Expected Meeting
Chapter 3:The Grand Ball?
Chapter 4:The Prince of Elsiera
Chapter 5:The Special Department
Chapter 6:Reminiscence
Chapter 7:Entering the Lost World!
Chapter 8:A Mysterious Shadow
Chapter 10:Accursed Destiny
Chapter 11:The Lavaliere's Secret
Chapter 12:Night of the Full Moon
Chapter 13:The Truth Behind the Shadows
Chapter 14:Infernal Abyss
Chapter 15:Beyond the Horizon, A New Journey Begins

Chapter 9:Wrath of the Rain God

38 1 0
By Feransela8

I tried not to make any movements as I tugged onto his shirt. An inexpressible uncertainty weighed down on me. He looks calm but he's also very observant of his surroundings.

Arren, are you hiding something? Whenever you make a blank expression on your face, I feel like you have a secret that you don't want anybody to know about. Your personality is greatly covered with mystery.

A few drops of water came from the sky and landed on our arms. Then a heavy rainfall suddenly tumbled down on us after it as Arren grabbed my hand and we hurriedly retreated, hoping to find a dry and safe place to temporarily settle in.

____________________________

We found a cave nearby and we stayed in it for a moment while we patiently waited for the rain to stop. I can't help but stare outside, It fell down harder and harder as the thunder combined with it. The wind slashed its way towards us and it quickly chilled me up.

The landscape outside was dotted with reflective pools as the rain continued to pour down the whole place. Why is this happening to us? Moreover, a lady shouldn't be alone
with a guy this long. It's quite indecent, what if someone see us together?

Never mind that...I don't care anymore, the only thing that matters to me is to find a way to escape this situation we're currently in. I hope sensei finds us as soon as possible.

"Here." Arren gave me his coat.

"W-What!? I don't need it."

"Stop being picky and just put it on! If you catch a cold, sensei would blame me for it." He exclaimed.

"T-Thanks..."

He's acting weird lately, why is he showing me kindness? I thought that he hated me.
Is he doing this because I'm being useless again? Or...maybe he just don't want sensei to get angry at him. It's really lame for a guy to think that way, especially for someone who has a big pride when doing things on his own.

STOP IT! I already said to myself that I don't care anymore! I'm always overthinking things so much. I should watch out for him, he might be planning something horrible. For now, I'll just hold a normal conversation with him.

"When you rescued me awhile ago, you're not in your transformation outfit."

Come to think of it, his appearance didn't change at all. Unlike the others, he didn't transform.

"I see, you've noticed it....But you're so slow I could die!" He laughed.

"Stop it! It's not my responsibility to notice things anyway!"

Even so, he does have a point...holding my embarrassment, my mind went blank.
I was with him the whole time, how come I didn't notice it earlier!?

"I don't need to, I'm already powerful enough to beat those monsters."

"What kind of reason is that!?"

"It's the truth, idiot."

Pff! Now he's bragging about his powers! It would be sensible if he just don't want me to see his transformation. After that, he puts his hands behind his head and leaned back against them. It looks like he's planning to take a short nap. Seeing him, I felt sleepy too. Waiting for everyone is so tiring after all. No no! Stop it, I won't ever sleep together with him!

_____________________________

So cold...we don't have any firewood to set up a campfire. My hands can't stop from shaking. I kept it warm by using my breath, but it's not enough. I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the coldness that I feel. My hands can't stay like this for so long, they will get frostbites.

"You look pale, are you okay?" Arren asked me, looking at my direction.

"I-I'm fine..."

This is definitely not good. My vision is getting blurry, and my body feels awfully heavy.
Arren sat near me and started to wrap his arms around me all of a sudden.

"What are you doing?!"

"I-it's not what it looks like! I'm just keeping you warm that's all...Just as I thought, you already catched a cold."

His body was like a thick blanket, I can feel the warmth of his embrace. But still, we're in a very awkward position. Why is he suddenly enforcing body heat?

"Thanks again."

"S-shut up, I'm not doing this for you."

Yah yah...I know it already. So that sensei wouldn't blame him for being unreliable.
Even though he's quite angry of the school's authority, he seems to care about the teachers. Speaking of it, why is he even mad at the agency? I don't know, maybe he actually has a grudge against the king himself.

Us, being puppets of the agency. That's what he told us on our first day in the special class. What does he meant by that? He has an unclear motive.

But there's one thing that I know, he's a good person I'm sure of it. All that happened in this day, it's a strong evidence of it. This person holding me right now, I know that he has a valid reason for his actions. Maybe just maybe...I can trust him after all.

Seeing that I'm a little bit okay, he stopped hugging me afterwards. We both blushed over it, but I'm still thankful for all that he have done for me today.

"Have you wondered why we're separated from everyone that fast?" He said.

"Huh? Yes...and we got lost as a result."

"It's actually because of someone's barrier. We can't be lost that easily, everyone is quite near us if you ask me. We just can't see them and neither do they."

So that's why his incantations awhile ago to alert the others about our location was pretty long that he wasn't able to complete it quickly. Usually, a spell for telepathy is short enough to be casted in just one minute. I know it because Seiji always uses it to communicate with me during class.

It's clear to me that Arren was attempting to break the barrier around us all along. Why do I just realized it now! Seriously, I'm being hopeless again.

_____________________________

He continued the incantation and after a short time, it was completed.

(Crack!)

The barrier became visible to us and it made loud noises as it slowly breaks down. The spell is working! Great! Now we can finally escape this place.

"Huh!" Arren suddenly held my arm and we hid at the big rock beside us.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's the same sound I heard awhile ago. This time, it's becoming louder." He replied.

(Roar!)

Before I could talk, I heard what he was trying to tell me. I got really scared after hearing those ominous sounds.

"Stay here, I'll go check the barrier on the other side of the cave."

"No! It's dangerous out there! What if the monsters find you?!"

"Idiot! Just do what I say, it would be more dangerous if we remain here any longer!"

"...Okay. Be careful."

After that, he briskly ran outside. I can't see him because of the water flowing at the front of the cave. It became very quiet, making me uncomfortable. Of course I would still worry about him. If he dies, I'll be all alone in this creepy place. And I don't want someone to be a sacrifice too. Thinking about Rey's father made me more scared.

If the same thing happens to Arren, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. Being weak is the worst. Being protected is not what I wished for.

Arren please be alright...

(ROAR!!!)

What's that!? Judging from the sound, it means that the monster is quite near! I can't wait anymore, I need to find it out by myself. I quickly ran outside without any hesitation. I saw him stumble and caught himself on a nearby tree. My body was frozen because everything happened all in a sudden.

"Arren!"

The beast caught the sight of me and it started to walk towards me leaving Arren behind. I shouldn't have sh-shouted. But if I haven't did that, he would get killed. Now the monster is after me instead.

"Run!"

It attacked me and left a scratch on my arm. It's not painful enough to stop me from running. I tried to kick the beast and it fell a little bit backwards. Then it got angry and rushed towards me again. But...

"Haa!" Arren shielded me with his sword.

"Melodia bellax de bi-festinando!"

(Melody of Battle, Double Speed Fist!)

That spell is used to achieve extremely high agility by supplying mana to all parts of the body. He casted an advance spell. And because of that, he moves very fast. He sliced the monster's right leg to prevent it from walking. But he blinded it by his fire for a moment. Why? He could have just finished it...I saw him suddenly fell to his knees.

It seems like Arren is in pain! Maybe he used too much power. He did rescue me and he casted that crazy spell to break the barrier. Plus, he used his powers again to enhance his ability to move! Even if he's powerful, using a large amount of mana in just one day is insane! His body is in deep agony right now!

"Reanna! Go meet the others, the barrier should be broken by now. It would be easier to find them!" He shouted.

"But--"

"I can still hold him a little bit longer so go and alert the others!"

"Okay...so please be careful!"

He smiled at me as he nodded. I did what he said and ran away to meet the others.
Arren, please don't die on me. I still need to show you my gratitude.

"Reanna!" I saw sensei and the others running towards me.

"Everyone follow me! Arren is in trouble!"

We all rushed in to help him and they lured the beast away from him.
Mia along with the agency fought the monster by casting strong spells.

"Ex Somno Exsistat Exundans Undina Inimicum Immergat in Alveum! Vinctus Aquarius!" Seiji casted the final blow.

(Let the Wave-Tossed Undine Appear from Sleep and Submerge the Enemy into the Riverbed! Water Binder!)

Seiji chanted a spell which summons a large-volume pillar of water. It covered the beast and protected everyone from its attacks. The monster wailed in pain as a result. The subjugation of the monster was successful and thankfully, no one got hurt except me and Arren.

My teammates gave me some medicines and bandages. Because of that, I was able to apply first aid to Arren.

"Thanks." He muttered.

"You're welco--"

Before I could finish speaking, my vision started to turn all black and I can no longer move my body as I fell backwards to Seiji's arms.

"Reanna? Oy!"

____________________________

As I opened my eyes, I saw Seiji beside me. We're in the school's clinic I see.

"Sei--"

I tried to get up but...Ouch! My head hurts very badly and my body feels very heavy. My wounds are still fresh too.

"Hey! Don't force yourself, you'll get dizzy."

"What happened?" I asked Seiji.

"You don't remember? You suddenly collapsed after the fight. Sensei was really worried about you." He answered.

"Sorry."

"It's ok, just rest."

Did he stayed with me the whole time? I can't help but stare at him with a quizzical look. Is he the one who carried me here? Someone entered the room and I realized that he was Arren.

"Arren, are your wounds already alright?"

"Huh? Eh...yes, I've got enough rest so you should do so too. Moreover, your cold is much more worst, you should worry about your own health first idiot!"

"Stop calling me that!...This cold is not that bad. Goodness I was worried, you could have been killed out there! Stop leaving me behind always, I can fight too."

"Fight? That kick you did earlier was the worst." He smirked.

"Never mind! I won't worry about you again!"

"But still...thanks for helping, you're quite reliable sometimes. And sorry that I left you." He said sincerely as he exits the room.

I should be the one thanking him for rescuing me. Well, it's his fault for leaving me after all. Speaking of him, where did his sword came from? Don't tell me that he produced it by his magic only?! My head hurts just by thinking about it. I better rest for now.

"Reanna, do you like him?" Seiji suddenly asked.

"Ehh!? What are you saying?" I-I can't answer such a straightforward question. Besides, I don't know what kind of "like" he's talking about.

"Nahh, never mind. I'll be going back to the classroom so just rest there."

"O-ok."

That's unusual, Seiji isn't calling me 'little miss' right now. This day is really weird! It's so confusing. I had a lot of troublesome experiences and people around me are acting kind of strange.

Mom went to get me from school and I told her what happened afterwards.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

829 38 49
Stolen from your home. Inheriting a name and memories that are not your own. Totally bewildered to as you got there and why the body you're withholdi...
334 89 18
Merran was born into a devastating curse. Either she lives and watches six of her siblings die, or she dies and one of them survives to rule. Proble...
77.8K 4.8K 58
Thousands of centuries ago humans, vampires, and werewolves lived together in harmony, considering one equal to the other. Ruled by a council of thre...
111 37 19
* ONC 2023 Shortlister * "She caught the eye of one of the horsemen, and something in his face caused her to pause mid-step. The man he was standing...