Us Against The World

By Uniquelywritten86

With all the madness surrounding the couple they finally agree to focus on bettering their relationship. Whic... More

This Is Our Relationship
Blue Light 2.0
No More Disrespect!
Therapy Saved Us
Creating Memories I Never Had
The Truth Will Reveal Itself
Checkmate Bitch!
So Called Friends
Almost To The Finish Line
Therapy Won't Fix This
Things Ain't What It Seems
The Day Has Come
Congratulations
We All Have Choices
No New Friends
Karma!
Denial
New Beginnings
It Could Have Been Worse
It's Always Something
No More Talking
One Step At A Time
We All Have A Past
Eviction Day Came Early
Everyone Can't Be Trusted
You Gone Learn Today
Growing and Glowing
Let Me Cater To You
Our Family Is Crazy
Yes!
Doing Better Than Ever
People Stay Testing Us
New Neighbors New Problems
Fatima's Big Heart
It's Not Easy Letting Go
I'm Gone Protect Mines!
Old Run Ins & New Relationships
She's Gone
Mending Bridges
Baby Girl 💜♥️ ❤️
Boundaries
There's Always Some Truth
They Stay Fucking With Me
Now Run And Tell That
Close Call
Who Are You
Our New Home
One Step At A Time
House Party
Caught Cheating
It's Time
Zaya Marie Taylor 💜
Our Family Is Complete
A Big Help
Stepping Out on Faith
Us Against The World Still....
A Lot Has Happened
Daddy's Home
2nd Run In
Pay Attention To The Signs
New Distractions
Someone From Our Past
Confessing
Nasty Ass
Time Is Up
Playing Nice
Bitches Playing Dirty
It Must Be Done
Blackmail
Bye Bitches
You Got The Right One
Double Dose Of Stalking
Who Are These Bitches
You've Met Your Match
Game Plan

A Weight Has Been Lifted

1.2K 62 46
By Uniquelywritten86

I couldn't sleep at all last night a lot was going through my mind. I kept asking myself why now, what does he want? Should I just welcome him with open arms, I have so many questions. It's been so long that I had come to terms that he was gone and I would never see him again. I missed so much with him not being there. All the daddy daughter dances, him being there to scare all my boyfriends if they broke my heart. It wasn't the same with my step dad he wasn't genuine it felt forced, like he only did it to please my mother.

I was definitely nervous and every time I thought about it made me sick to my stomach. I was up bright and early I did my morning meditation and worked out. I gave my self a hour every morning to center myself and have my own time with God. It really helped me start the day off right. And Lord knows I was going to need it today.

While Zac was getting ready I tried to tidy up so when we got back that would be one less thing I had to do.

My dad texted to meet at this coffee shop in Buckhead.

Fatima: Hey babe you almost ready to go? (yelling upstairs)

Zac: Yes, I'll be down in a minute.

Fatima: Okay

Zac coming down the stairs, how do I look?

Fatima: You look good

Zac: Okay can't be meeting ya pops looking any kind of way.

Fatima: Really babe trust me that will be the last thing on his mind.

Zac: You only get once chance to make a good first impression.

Fatima: You'll do fine just be yourself. Be the man that I fell in love with.

Zac: I probably should be asking you how you're feeling

Fatima: I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I just really hope his intentions are good and not showing up to flip my world upside down again.

Zac: Let's hope for the best

Fatima: I am, I can't take another heartbreak.

Zac: You won't have to

Coffee Shop

The coffee shop was nice and quiet a perfect place to meet. Zac grabbed my hand and we walked in together. I could see my dad in the back waving to get my attention. I started to feel the flutters in my stomach the closer we got to the table. Zac could sense I was tensed he whispered relax everything is going to be okay.

The man has not aged out all he still look the same as he did when I last saw him when I was 10. Before I could say anything he took me into his arms and hugged me tightly. The flutters and nervousness all went away once he hugged me. I haven't had this embrace in so long.

Dad: Oh my Honey Bee is not so little anymore. I thought I would never be able to hug you again.

Fatima: Dad this is my fiancé Zac, Zac this is my dad Joe.

Reaching out for a handshake, Nice to see you young man

Zac: You as well.

Dad: I'm sure you have a lot of questions so let's get to it. What would you like to know?

Fatima: I want to know why you left me and now after all these years you show up out of the blue.

Dad: Leaving wasn't my choice, I was forced to leave. I am back now because I am tired of watching you from a far.

Your mother said if I didn't stay away she would send me back to prison for good. I already had 2 strikes against me I couldn't afford another one. She made it clear that her family was back together and she wanted nothing to do with me.

Fatima: Why didn't you fight harder?

Dad: I tried, I really did I was saving up my money to get the best lawyer I could but no one wanted to help me. Your moms new husband knew people in high places and he made sure that no one could help me.

He started pulling out paperwork and copies of text messages between him and my mom.

Fatima: So they both tried to blackmail you into staying away?

Dad: Yes, told me if I ever tried to reach out I wouldn't see the light of day again. I was able to see pictures of you growing up because of your grandmother. She kept me in the loop until she passed away. From there I lost track of you. I know it's no excuse and I should have fought hard but I didn't know what else to do.

I've lost so many years that I can't get back. My wife actually encouraged me to reach out to you.

Fatima: Your wife?

Dad: Yes, you also have sister. They both are anxious to meet you when you're ready.

Fatima: Wow, I have a sister.

Dad: I know I have missed out on so much and I can't give you that time back but I would love to be apart of your life now if you will allow me. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Fatima: I would love that.

Dad: Can I have a hug?

Fatima: Of course, standing up to give him a hug

Dad: You to son bring it on in, we're a family

Zac cheesing like a kid coming to join in on the hug

Dad: I love you Honey Bee

Fatima: I love you too daddy

Fatima: I think we should pay someone a visit. I think she would be pretty happy to see you.

I texted my mom to see if she could meet me for lunch. She agreed I couldn't wait to see the look on her face.

Lunch Fiasco

I picked a table close to the front of the restaurant so she had clear sight to the front for when my dad came in. Zac and I were already seated. She came strolling in with her shades on and her head held high like everyone was beneath her.

Mrs. Wilson: How lovely for you to invite your mother out to lunch.

Fatima: Are you going to say Hi to Zac (pointing in his direction)

Mrs. Wilson: She turned up her nose Zac( her response was very dry)

Zac Mrs. Wilson not nice to see you again( clears throat) I mean nice to see you again.

Mrs: Wilson: Wish I could say the same for you

Fatima: Why do you have to be so rude

Mrs. Wilson: Not being rude just being honest

Fatima: Now you want to be honest okay

Mrs. Wilson: I was surprised when you called , I see you came to your senses and wanted to apologize.

Fatima: ( Laughing) Oh you thought I was setting up lunch so I could apologize. I hate to say it but you're sadly mistaken I won't be apologizing.

Mrs. Wilson: (Getting upset) Then why am I here, I don't have time for one of your little silly games.

Fatima: I came here to get answers and to see if you would finally tell me truth

Mrs. Wilson: The truth about what?

Fatima: My father, what happened to him?

Mrs. Wilson: (throwing her hands up in the air) Here we go again. Your father is never coming back why can't you just accept it.

Fatima: You said gone forever?

Mrs. Wilson: Yes

Fatima: Okay hold that thought. I texted my dad to come in

He walked over to the table and you would have thought my mom seen a ghost.

Mrs. Wilson: (Stuttering) What are you doing here Joe?

Fatima: Surprise, you don't like my surprise? How do you think I felt when I heard a familiar voice on the other end of the receiver.

Mrs. Wilson: Fatima let me explain.

Fatima: There's no need to explain. I gave you plenty of opportunities to explain and tell the truth but you lied. You blamed me for everything when you were the one lying and keeping secrets from me.

How can you do that to someone knowing he already had a record. While you were trying to keep him from me you ended up hurting me in the process. I will never be able to trust you or your husband again.

Mrs.Wilson: Fatima he was trying to take you away from me I had no choice.

Fatima: You always have a choice, but you don't have to worry about me anymore because I am done.

Mrs. Wilson: No Fatima wait I am sorry. I am still your mother

Fatima: You were never a mother to me and that's why walking away from you makes it so much easier.

Mrs: Wilson: You don't mean that.

Fatima: I really do with my whole heart. Have a nice life with you and your husband.

I got up to leave without looking back

Mrs. Wilson: (Pointing and screaming at Fatima's Dad) This is all your fault

Zac was being petty by waving buy, knowing he could care less about Mrs. Wilson.

It was in that moment of me walking away I felt the weight lifted off of me. Finally knowing the truth and being able to close that door was just what I needed. In time I knew I would have to forgive my mom but it was going to take some time. When one door closes another one opens, I was excited to start this new chapter with my dad. I was always happy to have Zac by my side.

I texted Dr. Reid

I finally know the truth and I have my dad back!

Thank you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 1.5K 20
22.9K 1.4K 20
welcome valued customer, happy reading!
9K 819 11
Zatima
30.2K 1.6K 22
Devale you got a wife and a life I gotta move on