Shattered Souls (BTS)

By littletroublemaker_

Escaping fate is not easy. Growing up with a soulless mother, Madeline didn't want a soul mate. But when she... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: Madeline
Chapter 2: Madeline
Chapter 4: Jungkook
Chapter 5: Madeline
Chapter 6: Yoongi
Chapter 7: Madeline
Chapter 8: Hoseok
Chapter 9: Madeline
Chapter 10: Madeline
Chapter 11: Namjoon
Chapter 12: Madeline
Chapter 13 - Seokjin
Chapter 14 - Taehyung
Chapter 15: Jimin
Chapter 16: Hoseok
Chapter 17: Jimin
Chapter 18: Madeline
Chapter 19: Madeline
Chapter 20 - Namjoon
Chapter 21 - Madeline
Chapter 22 - Madeline
Chapter 23 - Madeline
Chapter 24: Seokjin
Chapter 25 - Madeline
Chapter 26 - Jungkook
Chapter 27: Madeline
Chapter 28: Yoongi
Chapter 29: Madeline
Chapter 30: Madeline
Chapter 31: Madeline
Chapter 32: Seokjin
Chapter 33: Madeline
Chapter 34: Namjoon
Chapter 35: Madeline
Chapter 36: Madeline
Chapter 37: Hoseok
Chapter 38: Madeline
Chapter 39: Jimin
Chapter 40: Madeline
Chapter 41: Madeline
Chapter 42: Taehyung
Chapter 43: Madeline
Chapter 44: Madeline

Chapter 3: BTS

3K 133 4
By littletroublemaker_

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2197

POV: BTS

BTS LOVED NOTHING more than performing for their fans. It was what gave them life.

They had been together for ten good, glorious years and loved each other as a family. They did everything together and couldn't wish for a better life.

The only thing missing was their soul mate.

They knew early on that they all shared a soul mate. After Hobi had received the same mark as Jin and Yoongi, they figured they had been paired as a group. Since none of them had a romantic attraction to each other and their initials weren't inscribed on their wrists, they knew there was somebody out there they had yet to meet.

By the time Jungkook got the same tattoo as the rest of them, they had all accepted the idea wholeheartedly. Some of them didn't speak about it as much as others but they all yearned to meet their soul mate.

Years had gone by since Jungkook had gotten his soul mark and they had not met their other half. As time progressed, one by one they started losing hope.

Around a year ago, some of them started dating, believing they would never meet their soul mate. Each of them had fallen into depression.

Around four months ago, they felt a spark in their hearts. Since most of them had given up hope, they didn't read into it.

The only thing they had left was their love for ARMY.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Jimin asked as he was getting his make-up applied for the concert later. They had a few concerts around the world and the one in Seoul would be the last one. They were all tired but excited about it.

Jin peered up at the oldest maknae and thinned his lips together, "Texting Mi-rae," He answered. Jimin nodded solemnly. Mi-rae was Jin's girlfriend—they had been together for a year. He wasn't particularly fond of her because she wasn't their soul mate.

After so long waiting, some of them had met other people. They weren't in love but they enjoyed their company as much as they could. Jimin refused to be with anyone other than his soul mate. Sure, he had flings in the past but he matured over time and put all of his feelings into longing for his soul mate.

As the oldest, Jin had been waiting for the longest. He had hit a real low over a year ago so his therapist suggested meeting somebody. Mi-rae was an upcoming IDOL who had yet to meet her soul mate. They had a peculiar relationship from what Jimin gathered.

"Oh, how is she?"

"Exhausted. She wants me to see her tomorrow and cook for her," Jin answered.

"But hyung...you promised you would cook with me tomorrow," Taehyung dropped into the conversation, pouting.

Like Jimin, Taehyung was one of the only members who wasn't seeing somebody. He still held out hope of meeting their soul mate.

"I know," Jin sighed. "I'm sorry, Tae but you know I can't say no to Mi-rae. She'll only pester me and show up at the dorm."

Whatever Mi-rae wanted, she got. They all learned that the hard way.

Jimin stood up and comforted Tae, to his make-up artist's annoyance.

"Sorry," He apologized, cheekily.

Once they were ready, they all vacated the make-up room and met in their own personal quarters. Each of them looked down. There was a hole in their hearts that hadn't been filled and nobody but their soul mate could do that. Some of them thought they would never meet their soul mate.

Yoongi was napping in the corner of the room whilst Hobi was on the phone with his new girlfriend, Hettie. Jungkook was sitting with the two other maknae's, playing a game. Jin was messaging Mi-rae on his phone, making plans for tomorrow. As for Namjoon, he was busy talking to their manager, Sejin.

They hadn't spoken about finding their soul mate anymore. It was a sore topic that only sent daggers into their hearts.

They used to have fan meets with avid fans but once they all became of age for meeting their soul mates, crazy fans tried to claim they were their soul mates. It had gotten so bad, they had to have their team question fans before they met.

As a group, they weren't the same anymore. There was a horrible mountain between all of them that they couldn't cross.

"Boys, you have ten minutes until the lights are up," Sejin announced once he had finished his conversation with Namjoon. They all nodded their heads and stood up.

All seven of them huddled in a tight circle.

"We're going to have a good show. I can feel it," Taehyung told all of them with a bright smile. They all wished they could share his enthusiasm but there was a sharp tug to their hearts.

"I'm sure we will," Namjoon smiled at him. "ARMY can't know how we're truly feeling. We have to put on a good show."

"Don't we always?" Yoongi mumbled sourly.

Jin whacked him on the arm lightly, "Yah, that mood needs to change."

Min Yoongi rolled his eyes and listened to his leader speak.

"We do this for ARMY. And..." He paused and swallowed. "For our soul mate, whoever they are."

A few of the members turned away at the mention of their soul mate. They felt a stab of pain in their hearts at the mere mention of them.

Taehyung smiled softly at his family and wrapped his arm around Jungkook's shoulders encouragingly.

They were all ushered out of the room, heading towards the wings of the stage. They had done this show many times but still, they felt a splash of anxiety. Not from performing but for something else. None of them could pinpoint what.

"Do you fee—" Before Jimin could finish speaking to Hobi, they were being whisked onto the stage.

As usual, the atmosphere was electric. There were thousands of true and loyal fans out there, cheering for them. It made them feel alive.

The only time they all felt on the same wavelength was when they were performing as a group. It was the only thing that made all seven of them feel like one.

Roughly halfway through the show, Jungkook felt a pull towards the left of the stage. He moved closer to that side, his eyes scanning the crowd wildly. He hadn't even realized he was stumbling over his words until Namjoon lightly patted his back.

He couldn't comprehend what was happening to him.

Thankfully, Jungkook finished his part and could wander around the stage. Namjoon and Hobi were now on the left side of the stage as if their bodies had forced them over there. They were conveying the same response he had.

It puzzled him. What was happening to them?

Throughout the rest of the show, Jungkook kept an eye on his bandmates whilst simultaneously searching the crowd, hoping to spot the answer to his strange emotions.

Just over two hours later, they had finished the concert and had sincerely thanked their fans. They were all dragged back to their dressing room for a short break before they had a meet and greet.

None of them spoke it aloud but they all felt dizzy. Not from the exertion but emotionally.

"Did...anyone else feel weird on stage?" Jimin eventually asked after downing his water.

Silence settled between the members as they recalled the peculiar emotions that swirled inside of them.

"I felt like I was being dragged to the left side of the stage," Jungkook admitted. Jimin hummed and patted his head. "Me too."

"Now that you mention it, there was a force that drove me in that direction too," Hobi added, thoughtfully.

Namjoon processed the words of his friends, wracking his brain for an answer.

"Do you think it was because we were all focusing our energy on our soul mate?" Taehyung asked with an element of excitement in his voice.

The rest of them didn't want to get his hopes up—they hated talking about their soul mate. "I highly doubt it. That's not how the bond works."

Taehyung frowned but argued back, "How would you know? It's not like any of us have experienced the bond. For all we know, our soul mate could have been in the crowd."

It was the first time any of them had thought that. And once the words had been spoken, a new mixture of emotions started to brew inside of them.

"Wait..." Jin muttered, quietly. "Could that have been the bond recognizing we were in close proximity to our soul mate?"

Yoongi, Hobi, and Namjoon hesitated to accept Jin's question at first. They had waited a long time for their soul mate and the idea of their soul mate being in the same room as them seemed far-fetched. Unless they had physical proof that what they felt was their soul mate, they weren't going to buy it.

"Let's not jump to conclusions," Namjoon butted in as the peacekeeper. "It might not be."

Unbeknownst to him, Jimin had already swiped his phone off the table and was Googling it.

"What are you doing, Jimin?" Yoongi queried through narrowed eyes.

Jungkook hovered over his hyungs shoulder to read the screen, "He's on 'Questions about soul mates and the bond'." Jungkook recited to the rest of them.

Taehyung leaped forwards, eager to read more whilst the others masked their true feelings. Hobi rubbed his leg nervously and snuck a peek at the oldest member of the group. Jin would take the news that this was a fluke the worst. He had waited the longest and dreamed about meeting his soul mate.

"The soul bond activates at the age of eighteen...blah blah blah. Yeah, we know that. Where's the information on the bond?" Jimin thought aloud, impatiently. "Ah, here it is!"

"Give me that!" Taehyung snatched the phone from Jimin's digits and read the soul doctor's words. "When soul mates are in close proximity or in the same room as one another, their souls will react. They will feel an undeniable and strong pull to be close to each other. It's believed this pull is meant to help soul mates recognize each other. When they finally spot each other, the—"

"Hey!" Taehyung exclaimed to Jungkook who had taken the phone from him and quickly scanned the rest of the article.

All of them were hanging off Tae's words, struggling to grasp the truth.

"Kookie, can you read the rest to us?" Jin requested in a quiet, nervous voice.

Yoongi snapped his eyes to Jin, "Hyung, we should remain cautious. This doesn't mean—"

"Jungkook, continue please" Namjoon inputted in a determined voice.

Yoongi's eyes widened in disbelief. "Namjoon, you can't be serious right now."

"On the contrary, I am." Yoongi's gaze was unrelenting so he continued. "We have never experienced anything like this before. I am still on the fence about the possibility but if this is fate intervening, we should at least be open to the chance that we might actually get to meet our soul mate."

"Namjoon is right, everything the soul doctor said matches. There were thousands of fans out in the arena today. One of them could have been our soul mate." Jungkook agreed.

"I mean..." Hobi scratched the back of his neck. "I know that some of us have given up but perhaps that's precisely why this is happening now. Fate works in mysterious ways and perhaps this is what was always planned."

"I still think we should be wary. What if this was our minds creating this?" Yoongi countered, unwilling to be as hopeful. He yearned for their soul mate too but it felt hard to believe that in this very moment, their soul mate presented themselves.

Plus, many of them had already found other people. If they really had found their soul mate, how would they explain this? What would they do?

"I'm certain that it's our soul mate," Jimin declared, fiercely.

"I'm in agreement with Jimmine." Taehyung smiled at his close friend, truly believing that this was his soul mate. He felt it in his heart. "What we are feeling is real."

A few noises of agreement could be heard in the tense room.

"Well then, Jungkook, keep reading," Namjoon said, lightly. He was still slightly hesitant but after gauging the reactions of everyone else, he felt more confident that this could actually be their soul mate.

And if it was, he didn't care what kind of predicament they were all in, he was going to have his soul mate. They all were. 

You can also read this book on Inkitt for FREE: 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 6.2K 46
This is book two for "In The Dark" It's been eight months since you escaped the mansion. You try to live your life as normally as possible, and you d...
9.8K 806 20
Warning: This story is fictional and has nothing to do with real life events or the actual members of BTS. It may contain depictions of violence, blo...
4.7K 324 30
Never in your life did you think you'd be living with bts in your household. "I'm nothing but a fan, you don't feel that way about me." - Shin Y/n ...
46.8K 3.4K 67
This is Book three in my soulmate series. I recommend to read first "With The First Kiss" and follow it up with "Fake Love" before tackling this one...