Hourglass [Quintessential Qui...

By Kiriyarin_

Each of them has their own stories, their own choices. A lot of new characters, new choices and new events, t... More

Chapter 1 - White Memory
Chapter 2 - The Beyond
Chapter 3 - Trouble Divided Into Five
Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect
Chapter 5 - Stars Collide
Chapter 6 - Reflection
Chapter 7 - Encounter
Chapter 8 - All Sides
Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)
Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)
Chapter 11 - Preliminary
Valentine Special - Foudre
Chapter 12 - Ignite
Chapter 13 - Crisis Management
Chapter 14 - Siren's Song
Chapter 15 - Promise
Chapter 16 - Echoes of Betrayal
Chapter 17 - Confession and the Charming Maid (Ⅰ)
Chapter 18 - Emotions and the Forgiven Maid (Ⅱ)
Chapter 19 - Trouble in Paradise (Ⅲ)
Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)
Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World
Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)
Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )
Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain
Chapter 24 - Make a Spell
Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born
Chapter 26 - Calamity Fortune
Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow
Chapter 29 - Lost & Found
Chapter 30 - Break a Spell (Ⅰ)
Chapter 31 - Break a Spell (ⅠⅠ)
Chapter 32 - Connection
Chapter 33 - Operation: True Love
Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago
Chapter 35 - Dandelions
Chapter 36 - Heartstrings
Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses
[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll
Chapter 39 - Begin the Offensive
Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To
Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)
Chapter 41 - The ABC's of Live
Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five
Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)
To You, The Worthless Excuse
To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse
To You, Who Awaits The Snowmelt
To You, What Hidden Behind Your Eyelids

Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino

522 6 2
By Kiriyarin_

Nino's POV:

''Asuka, please give me something with alcohol in it... God, why did I even saw her?''

''Let's calm down first. I can get into trouble if I give you alcohol since you're underage.''

I've been thinking about it for a while, this feeling that bothers my heart. I'm supposed to be angry, but I can't. I've been thinking all day, but I don't even remember what I was thinking anymore.

Everyone I sit next to looks at me with astonishment as if my talking is something out of the ordinary. Yotsuba, Itsuki, Miku and even that annoying Uesugi.

''Nino...Do you want to explain what happened? We all listen to you...'' Yotsuba left her empty glass on the counter and cast a sympathetic glance with her pitying eyes.

Do I really look that terrible?

''...'' I take the compact mirror out of my jacket that I use to fix my makeup. The wetness on my face becomes more and more irritating as the seconds pass, what is it? Am I...crying?

''Nino!'' Itsuki immediately gets up and hugs me, not the first time she hugs me with her soft arms... but this time it feels like I really need it. She's used my perfume, I can smell it. ''I'm here, I'm here...''

I put my arms around her and pressed my head to her chest. It's warm.

''...'' Another pair of arms hugs me from behind in silence...When I turn my head, I see Miku hugging me without saying anything.

''Uesugi-san, what do we do now? Nino has never been like this before.''

''I don't know Yotsuba. Let Nino decide that. If she wants to go back to her room, we can all accompany her.''

"Nah, I don't wanna cut the night short 'cause of me. Thanks for considering it though...Uesugi."

''U-Uesugi?!...This is the first time you've called me by my name in weeks.''

I don't have the energy to mess with you. Also, I owe you a thank you, Miku and you took care of me while I was shutting myself down.

Itsuki's embrace is getting tighter and tighter, I should find it disturbing but now I'm praying for it to last a little longer. ''No one will force you to tell Nino, but please, we're your sisters. You can tell us everything, anything.''

Asuka remains silent as everyone else tries to console me. With Itsuki and Miku blocking my view, I can't tell what he's doing or if he even cares about my problems. It's kinda disappointing because I always thought he was the one who would try to comfort me the most, that's just who he is.

I can't come back from here anymore. I have to tell everyone what happened, it's not something I can hide anymore. I got too much attention.

Itsuki and Miku stop hugging me and go back to their seats. I'm so grateful to them for this move, they made me feel a little bit better, but I still owe them an explanation. I owe everyone here, after all, I almost ruined their night, or mayde I did?

''I'll tell... promise to listen to me?''

''You bet.'' Uesugi said with a small smile and turned his stool to me.

''One's problem is our problem.'' Yotsuba said with a gentle smile.Her lips still stained all-green from the drink she just had

''I'd really like to listen...'' Miku mumbled.

I took a deep breath, I'll tell them everything. What I've been through with Madoka and why I'm like this. I feel my tears still flowing, they are no longer irritating. They're just warm.

''Last t—...?''

''As much as I love hearing stories from the past...Here.''

Asuka finally spoke up and placed a colorful drink on the counter. Everyone's attention shifted to him, who was looking at me with a serious expression. It was as if he hesitated between doing something dangerous or not.

While everyone was looking at Asuka, I looked at the blue cocktail in front of me. I directly understood what it was from the smell... Thank you, thank you very much.

''You said you wanted alcohol, right? I've done a ton of illegal stuff today, one more can't hurt. Frozen Kiss, savior of broken hearts and wounded souls. I apologize if I gave you the wrong impression, Nino. I was actually listening to you, but preparing this drink was quite challenging. It's one of the most difficult recipes out there. I won't bore you with the ingredient details, but I can assure you that it contains enough alcohol to make you reveal everything that's on your mind. Isn't that what you wanted?"

''Oi.'' Fuutarou sighed with a bothered tone. ''You really gonna give alcohol to an underage girl?''

''If something happens, I'll take the responsibility.'' Asuka sent me a gentle smile, ahh... now I see why half the school's got a crush on him; he really shines in moments like these.

''Don't worry, Uesugi-san. I can somewhat understand Asuka-kun's gesture. We'll make sure to keep an eye on Nino in the room tonight, just in case anything goes bad.''

''And I'm going to sleep in the same bed with Nino tonight.'' Miku said as she sipped her own blue drink. "Well played, Asuka," She added with a sly grin.

I looked at the drink lying on the table. I hope it's really solid.

''...!''

After taking a sip, the taste of pure alcohol spread all over my mouth. Bitter. Really bitter.

''Okay, I'm ready now.'' I wiped my tears with my sleeve and took a deep breath. ''Madoka and I—...''

.

.

.

''Then, I offered her to be together at the festival, but she refused and left. This never really bothered me until this morning, but when I saw her..."

Now alcohol shuts down some of the basic functions of my brain, it really does make it easier to speak the words that I would never say. A sweet dizziness spread throughout my body, easing my worries to some extent. Am I drunk?...

''...And here we are.''

I have nothing left to tell them, everyone at the counter stares at me with wide eyes. It's like time has stopped, but in reality, they're just dumbfounded.

''Nino...'' Fuutarou said nothing else.

''Don't bother, I know. I'm pathetic...''

"Alas, Madoka. You manage to shock me more and more each time." After Asuka spoke and he took a deep breath, but somehow he seemed the least affected by my words, like he already knew what I was going to say from the start. ''I expected something like this, and yet....wow.''

''So your first kiss...'' Yotsuba mumbled. ''Are you angry?''

''No! I don't know what the heck I'm feeling, but that's not anger...It's just, I wanted to talk to her today, but all that came out of my mouth was gibberish.''

''Such accidents can cause wounds in people's brains that they aren't really aware of. Perhaps your subconscious' telling you to stay away from her. I've only seen that girl once, but...she looked dangerous.'' Miku said.

''I humbly disagree, Miku.'' Asuka said. ''Madoka can be many things, but she isn't one to act senselessly. In fact... maybe the only person in this world who can't act like that.''

"I gotta side with Asuka on this. If Madoka actually did something like that, there must have been a good reason. But seriously, what kind of nonsense is this... What are the odds of this even happening?"

Asuka somehow chuckled and sent a smug smile to Uesugi. ''Who knew Shonen Jump would be right? This trip turned out to be really interesting.''

''H-hehehehe... So that was the problem.'' Itsuki giggled slightly.

''What do you mean, Itsuki?'' I asked and sipped my drink.

The influence of alcohol stopped my tears. Now I can at least talk freely. I guess that's why people get drunk.

''The answer to this problem is simple, my dear sister. You've a crush on her.''

''...?! N-nonsense...''

''Let me ask you something. Can you describe your feelings when you saw her today?''

''I can't describe. How to describe something like that?''

''Your heart was beating like crazy, right? You forced yourself to talk to her but your brain just couldn't make it so you had to backdraw. Butterflies in stomach? Felt that sudden jolt of anxiety?"

What Itsuki said fits everything I experienced this morning perfectly... almost too perfectly?

''How?...''

Itsuki takes a sip of her crimson cocktail and then looks at Asuka and they both smile at each other. ''Let's say I had a friend who had a similar experience, hehe.''

''. . .''

''What I'm trying to say is that the emotions you're experiencing might not be entirely negative. I think you should try talking to Hosoki-san tomorrow. Also, thanks. For choosing to share this with us.''

''H-hmpf...Cause I'm drunk.''

Itsuki... When did you become so mature? But she's right about what she said. I don't want to suffer like this every time I see her. I need to talk to her properly even if she doesn't care about me.

''I agree with Itsuki. When it comes to stuff like this, talking it out is the way to go!" Yotsuba leaned on the counter with a goofy grin. ''So we're finally old enough to talk about these kinds of things, hehe.''

''You're still using kids' toothpaste, Yotsuba.'' Itsuki devilishly smirked.

''H-hey! This has nothing to do with our topic!...I don't understand at all, but I don't believe there is any problem that two people cannot solve by talking face to face. Whatever the result, you have four sisters waiting for you here.''

''But she might not even care about me... Even from her reactions, I'm just a stranger to her. She didn't even care when we lost our first kisses and I don't know anything about her.''

''Why don't we ask Uesugi-san and Asuka-kun? Aren't they friends?''

When we were talking, Asuka was preparing the cocktails and snacks by the customer's order. He seems concentrated on his work. Sometimes I envy him. Popular with girls, smart, successful in sports, ridiculously handsome. Did he start life with some sort of cheat code? Whatever... I'd better not bother him until he's done.

''Would you like to say something, Uesugi-san? Nino is too proud to ask you.''

''H-hey! I-I-I...''

''Yes yes, I've already noticed that.'' He sighed. ''First of all, you're wrong about Madoka not caring about you. She was raised in that manner.''

''What do you mean with she was raised like this? Okay, she may have a lot of siblings, but isn't she just an ordinary family girl?''

''She's ... the complete opposite of an ordinary family girl, Nino. Actually she's a-''

So he started telling me what he knew about Madoka and her family. Who she is, her family, her siblings and her position within Hosoki family. When there were endless possibilities of people in the world that I could bump into, I went and...bumped into fucking the future queen of Japan.

Every piece of information he tells opens my eyelids even more, makes me want to dip my head in alcohol a little bit more each time. But if I drink any more, I'll be screwed by the morning...

As each new word reached me, I could feel myself getting closer to another shock.

"So, seeing her in the morning was quite strange for Asuka and me."

''Fuutarou... I have serious concerns about the people you know.'' Miku mumbled.

''U-u-u-uesugi-san! Why didn't you tell us we encountered a bourgeois!''

By the end of his speech we all froze and not knowing what to say, especially me. This is more information than my brain can ever handle. And I thought my own life was complicated...

But for some reason, I'm relieved. If she is truly the person he described, it means she has nothing against me.

''Okay, I've made my decision.'' I said. ''I'll talk to her tomorrow. Yotsuba's right, whatever the result but what if she doesn't want to talk to me... She's the responsible student, she may not even have time to deal with me.''

''That's not going to happen.'' Finally Asuka finished preparing the cocktails and joined the conversation again. ''Nino. If you're really concerned about this, I have a few suggestions.''

''I'm all ears.''

''Why don't you pair with her on tomorrow night's courage test? All we need to do is to put your name together on thelist, so you can take the test together. Miku, that's your duty, isn't it? I hope you understand what I meant, hehe.'' He winks.

''Did some kind of demon really get into you tonight, Asuka? Daring requests.''

''Ahahah! Let's face it, we all know you're curious how it will turn out. You'd have done it even if I hadn't suggested.''

''Hold on! I already promised Itsuki for the courage test tomorrow...'' I sighed.

''Now, now! Hehe, It's all right, Nino. I can always find another person. Besides, Asuka's suggestion really makes sense. You two can talk in the forest without being bothered by anyone.'' Itsuki gave a thumbs up. ''I also don't believe Yotsuba and Uesugi-kun are capable of scaring anyone.''

'' Hngh! / Mmm!?...'' Fuutarou and Yotsuba chocked in their own drinks, as if someone insulted their entire being.

Not an unreasonable suggestion. The forest is indeed vast and the likelihood of someone bothering us is quite low. But what should I say to her... Okay! I'll think about it tomorrow. The alcohol influence will have wiped out all my thoughts for tonight anyway.

''Miku, can you really do something about...y'know.'' I pouted.

''Absolutely.''

''Yosh, everyone has a plan for tomorrow, then. Let's end the night here. Me and Ichika still need to stay here for a few hours, but you four should go and sleep.'' With a gentle tone, Asuka said. ''Ichika, Apreol Spritz for table six are ready.''

''Finally! Mou, dealing with drunk customers doesn't suit me at all.''

''I-I-Ichika?!'' When I turn my head, I see that Ichika is already beside me. Wait... How long has she been here? ''H-h-how much did you hear?''

''All of them.''

''...''

''Also, I'm angry.''

''I-I'm so sorry...''

''I'm angry because it means I can't be onee-san anymore.''

''Ha? What was t-'' I tilted my head. Later, my lethargic brain figured out the meaning of those words my face lit up. ''AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!''

.

.

.

[ Next day , Hotel ]

Last night, we all went to our rooms after leaving the bar. It was truly the best sleep I'd had in along time. Around 2 a.m., Ichika returned the room and told us that her work is complete.

When I woke up in the morning my head was (and stilll) cracking as fuck, I guess that's what they call a hangover. A few students from Yotsuba's class came and told us that the blizzard had subsided and we had to leave now.

We could immediately hit the road since the bus was waiting for us, but a small problem arose. Shiwa-sensei was experiencing the same issue as me, but hers is even worse than mine.

She seems to have refused Asuka's warnings and nearly drunk three bottles of the sharpest alcohol after we left, so she's still kinda fucked up. Since we didn't have hangover medicine, Asuka and the boys had to carry Shiwa-sensei to the bus. Sensei slept all the way to hotel.

I was terrified as heck that I would run into Madoka when we got to the hotel, but we didn't see any student council members other than that girl with the glasses in Yotsuba's class.

Apparently, glasses girl is the program supervisor for us because...All the teachers are still trying to take care of sick Shiwa-sensei.

Our program has now offically begun, after placing our belongings in our rooms. We're now preparing curries! I need to divert my attention as much as possible till the courage test! I believe that Miku'll deal with everything.

"Then we'll handle the curry while you boys take care of the rice."

" 'kaay... "

"Wow, Nino. You're so fast at chopping vegetables.

"I do take care of the housework at home. This is nothing." I answer to my classmates.

Yes, relax. This is probably last day I can do that.

"Nakano-san, Nakano-san." One of the boys from my class called my name. "Have you seen Asuka and Fuutarou? They supposed to be here."

"Those two? Nuh-uh. Not since we got off the bus.''

God, how irresponsible these two can be! Luckily, their absence doesn't keep us so behind schedule. That girl with glasses and a few boys are doing their work together. And when I started to feel a little grateful to them yesterday...tch, boys.

''Speed up, folks. Tomorrow is the free day, so you should work as hard as you can today. If one of you falls behind, the others will too.'' The glasses girl said.

''Hanako-san... W-why do we have to do Uesugi's work?! And where's Asuka for ffs...'' Boys even started whining...not surprised. That's why we girls are more successful with the house works.

''Hey, look at me.'' I said.

''Nakano-san?''

''Aren't you a man? How can you be exhausted by such a minor and insignificant task? If you're going to complain, leave it to me and I'll take care of it.''

''B-but...''

''No complaints. Will you do it or not?''

A solid blow to male dignity always brings men in line. Don't you believe me? Watch it now.

''O-okay! I-I'll do it...!'' He runs away.

I'm trying to listen to my mind right now, but even here I'm not at ease, yet they said the trip would be interesting.

I look up to see what the others are up to when I'm chopping the vegetables now. Yotsuba is carrying supplies with her classmates, Ichika's doing the dishes, and Miku is... Uhh...I'm not sure what Miku is doing. She seems to be trying to add something to the curry, but the other girls are blocking her. Itsuki, on the other hand, strangely looking at the food being cooked with a stopwatch in her hand like a total weirdo.

''Nino-san...was it?'' The girl with glasses comes near me with a list in her hand.

''Yes. I'm sorry but I don't remember your name.''

This girl's air is really heavy. At least I remember Yotsuba being her friend.

''It's Hanako.'' She bowed down in respect. ''Can I make a request to you? I can take over the chopping of vegetables.''

''Ugh, let me guess. You're going to ask me to take Asuka and the other headache, right?''

She fixes her round glasses. ''I saw you talking to them on the bus and assume you three were close.''

''It depends on what you understand by the concept of being close. Do I know those two? Yes. Would I kill them if I had the chance? Probably only Fuutarou. Y'know what I mean.'' I sigh. ''All right, I'll go and get them.''

''Thank you, but you don't have to bring along Asuka.''

''Ha?...Why is that? Isn't this activity mandatory for everyone? You just can't let someone skip work.''

As we continued our discussion, Fuutarou and Asuka finally managed to get out of the hotel. They waved at us with cheerful expressions on their faces. It seems like they are in high spirits.

''Yo! Hanako-chan, Nino. Sorry, We're late. It took me longer than usual to tie my hair, hehe.'' He scratched his neck and smiled nervously.

''Class rep, we're sorry.'' Fuutarou also bowed down. ''Are we too late?''

''No, not yet. Fuutarou, you go check the curry is done. And Asuka... Why did you tie your hair?''

''Hm? Aren't we going to cook? Untied hair isn't very hygienic, ya know.''

''...?! / ...! ''

Then Hanako's and Fuutarou's eyes widened. They both dashed towards the kitchen door, opening their arms like a wall to block enterance. ''...!''

''Asuka! Stay away from the kitchen!'' Fuutarou said with a serious tone. Despite holding the entrance, Asuka would probably pass that idiot in less than five seconds using only physical force.

''E-ehhh...?!''

''Asuka.'' Hanako also did the same, which is extra weird. ''Please step back. We have no fire insurance.''

''W-w-what's going on?'' I asked.

''A matter of life and death. I told you girls before that Asuka should never, ever cook, right? I'm completely serious. I want to make it through tomorrow alive, at least with all my limbs intact.''

''Yeah, I remember but isn't that a bit of an exaggeration? Nobody can be that bad cooking.''

''It isn't, I vouch for that.'' The glasses girl says. ''I learned from last year. Sorry Asuka. As your class representative, I cannot allow this.''

''Nino... it's not about talent. Whenever Asuka attempts to cook, it's an absolute disaster, by literal means. You girls hadn't yet transferred to our school back then, but the west wing of the school...''

''C'mon guys...'' Asuka sighed. ''Maybe I'm cured. The only way to find out is trying.''

''This is the most ridicilous thing I ever heard today. It's not possible that such a thing could happen. That's too stupid even for you.'' I protested.

''All right, you want proof, Nino?'' Fuutarou takes an egg from the nearby counter and tosses it to Asuka. ''Break it.''

''Excuse me?'' Asuka said.

''Just break it. Drinks might not trigger it, but I'm going to be cautious. Is it okay, class rep?''

''Rules say we have to be cautious. The student council takes a special interest in Asuka, so have already prepared the fire extinguisher.''

*BOOOOOOOOOM!!!*

''AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!''

I can't tell what happened , because I don't know what the fuck I just witness. The moment Asuka broke the egg, all of a sudden chaos erupted in the kitchen. One of the girls started screaming after accidentally getting hot water on her arm, and as she tried to run to the tap, she tripped over the microwave's cord, causing a knife set on the table to go flying through the air with a loud crash. The microwave exploded due to a short circuit caused by the cord snapping, and the knives were thrown directly at Asuka by the explosion. It all happened so quickly, and I'm skeptical that the laws of physics can explain this.

*Cling!*

*Cling!*

*Cling!*

Three knives got stuck in a tree about three centimeters away from Asuka. Only three centimeters. Those knives were just sharpened...

''A-ahahaha...'' Asuka's eyes widened in fear and lets out a nerveous chuckle. ''At least there's no flame this time.''

*Fnnn...Pof!*

Three knives stuck in the tree somehow light and flame out, threatening to burn down the tree?! Ehh?! Wait, how?! But there's no flammable material around?!

The glasses girl acted quickly and extinguished the flames. ''That's why we don't let Asuka cook anymore, Nino-san.''

''Asuka! Are you okay? Did you get hurt?'' Fuutarou looked at Asuka after the flames extinguished. Phew, he seems physically unharmed—

—But mentally...

''𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞...''

.

.

.

''Miku, did your breasts get bigger?''

''We're all the same, Ichika.''

After the curry-making disaster, we all deserved a little rest. Apparently, this hotel has seperate public open-air hot spring, so Ichika suggested that we all go together. Another thing I learned is that Asuka'll never be able to enter the kitchen in our house again, absolutely no fucking way.

''Ah, that hits the spot, mhm...'' Yotsuba mumbled.

''I didn't even know there was such place in the hotel. How did you learn, Ichika?'' Itsuki asked with a relaxed face, she's clearly enjoying. ''Ahhhhh....''

''Didn't ya read the hotel booklet? It turns out that this hotel is bigger than we thought. Ski slope, arcade, spa and another underground bar. Except for the last one, we can enter all of them. Since we did that at the inn, so it's not a big deal.''

''I won't touch any alcohol for entire year, ugh... My head still spins.''

''Your drunkenness is hilarious, I even took a few photo shots.'' Miku grabs a soap and begins rubbing her legs with a stupid grin on her face. ''Yotsuba come here, I'll brush your hair.''

''Arigatou! I'm really worried that the curry smell might stick to my hair." Yotsuba swim towards Miku and sat between her legs. ''Hehehehehe~ Thank cha!''

Ichika streched her arms to air and sigh ''All that maid work really hit onee-chan's bones. I'd certainly struggle if Asuka-kun didn't work that properly.''

''I don't think gossiping is a good idea... Y'know, walls have ears.''

''Huh, why the heck I care if they come?!'' I fold my arms.

''Don't Uesugi-san and Asuka-kun always help you, Nino? They were the ones who looked after you last night while you were drunk.''

''Well, that's true, but...''

''They're also the ones who prepare the special lesson notes for us, by wasting their own special time.'' Miku responded while combing Yotsuba's hair. ''You shouldn't be so hard on them, Nino. Without them, we probably wouldn't even pass the midterms.''

''But we didn't! I'm the one who saved their asses so you four wouldn't get upset.''

''Who knows, maybe you did it out of gratitude.'' Ichika giggled. ''I'm glad they are our tutors. Finals almost here, after all. We have to study again after the trip.''

''Finals, ugh...My brain can't take any more formulas.'' Yotsuba pout and lays her head on Miku's thighs out of exhaust. ''Hah...''

''At first, I was against this whole tutoring job like Nino but...Those two are among the people I can tolerate and also don't forget what they did for us at the fireworks festival.'' Itsuki said.

Miku let it out a soft giggle and placed her palm on her lips. ''You two drugged Fuutarou.''

''H-h-hey! Forget about that! It never happened! Asuka and I had to carry Uesugi-kun all the way home...'' Itsuki's cheeks gently blushed and she placed her hand on her heart. ''But I'm glad that happened. I learned so many valuable things that night. ''

''Whatever, No matter how good people they are, they are men. I have no intention of accepting them into our home.'' I pout.

''Tsun-tsun / Tsundere. / Tsun. / Nino...''

''Ugh, I swear!...💢''

I slammed the water with my hand and splashed water on them all. Yet they all looked at me with a genuine ( or somehow devilish ) smile. Sometimes I forget how annoying they can be. ''Sigh... ''

''...'' When I tried to submerge my body a little further into the hot water, I heard someone approaching the hotspring's sliding door.

Have we already told the teachers that it's our turn to use? Did Shiwa-sensei missed the doors again? The door opened after a few seconds of light footsteps. I can't see who it is because my back is turned, and I don't care. I have to relax...

''𝗜 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲.''

''MADOKA?!''

Someone better tell it's a joke or something, because when I turned my head to the door, what I saw was Madoka herself with nothing but a towel wrapped around her.

Others look surprised as they look at the door like. Not as much as me...Fuck, of course something like this was going to happen...

''Ara~ Isn't this the responsible student?'' Ichika waved her hand with a smile. ''Madoka-chan, was it?''

''You girls...'' Madoka tightened the towel she's wrapping around her body more. It really doesn't help much... Her boobs are nearly twice as big as ours. ''Please accept my apologies; I'll return later.''

''Ah, Madoka-chan Madoka-chan! You can join us if you want, it's big enough in here.'' Yotsuba shouted from Miku's wet thighs. ''Any problems, girls?''

''...!? Y-Y-Y-Yotsuba?!...'' YES, I DEFINITELY HAVE A PROBLEM.

''Indeed, it isn't quite right for us to occupy such a large place. Hosoki-san, please welcome.'' Itsuki said with a wide smile.

Madoka respectfully accepted the girls' invitations with a slight nod. She then entered the water with her towel wrapped around her body. Just looking at her makes my face turn red in a way I don't want ... I have to stay as quiet as possible, but I can't take my eyes off her.

''Can we call you Madoka? If you let...'' Even Miku, who normally addresses everyone by their name, had to ask for permission due to the serious atmosphere she's spreading?

''I don't like people calling me by my last name, so please.''

Everyone can talk so easily, but words won't come out of my mouth. What if I mess up and say the wrong thing? I'm not drunk anymore, but... I still can't seem to find the right words. ''...''

''Madoka-chan Madoka-chan!'' Ichika replied. ''Would you like me to wash your back?''

''I'm not used to going to hotspring with others, I don't know what to do.'' She sighed with her sharp emerald eyes. ''I'll be grateful.''

''Because the hot springs are mineral waters, they can be used for a variety of purposes with many people.'' Itsuki explained. ''First, get rid of your towel.''

''Seriously?'' Madoka takes the towel off her body without saying anything. Even Ichika's, who trusts herself the most about her breast size, eyes go wide like rest of us.

''...! / Woah... / ... / ...!? /...Uwa!''

''Is that abs I see?'' Miku said with a beaming grin after combing Yotsuba's hair. ''Do you exercise, Madoka?''

''No, I don't have time for it.'' She says coldly. ''I used to be in the running club, but I quit.''

I need to say something. I have to say something. If I just sit here and watch her, I'll have made an even worse impression. I can feel the blood running down my cheeks, I'm totally pink, right?

''What are you doing here, Madoka?'' I said.

''The student council granted us a day off to complete daily tasks. First-years told me that there is a hot spring nearby and that I might like it.'' Madoka explained, her eyes closing slowly as Ichika began to rub and wash her back. ''Nonsense.''

''G-good to see you again...'' I mumbled silently as I can be. ''...''

''Madoka-chan, your muscles are really stiff.'' Itsuki touches Madoka's back with her fingertips while Ichika rubs her's back. ''Are you getting enough rest?''

''As much as enough.'' Madoka turned her gaze towards mine, huh? '' You too, butterfly.''

''...Thanks, mhm.''

Madoka and I keep glancing at each other. More precisely, I look at her like a straight stalker and she just ignores it. I know she has nothing to say to me, but I really need to talk to her. If we're here, I might not even have to wait until evening.

''It was a pleasure to meet ya, Madoka-chan! But the four of us must leave. We have to look after Shiwa-sensei.'' Ichika said.

''Nngh!?'' I almost drowned in the water. ''Excuse you!?''

''Didn't cha know Nino?~ Teachers were busy with Shiwa-sensei in the morning but they left the babysitting job to students now so they can help for the courage test.'' Ichika lets out a devilish smirk. ''The four of us are enough for this job, would ya take care of Madoka-chan h-e-r-e~♡''

''I don't have any objections. In fact, I had intended to be alone from the outset.'' Madoka lays her back to hot spring's edge and looks at the sky. ''...All again.''

The girls understood Ichika's request and immediately decided to leave the hot spring. Meanwhile, I was just frozen in place because Ichika fucking planted a mine in my heart.

Isn't this help you're giving, it's plain emotional suicide encouragement!

''See ya later Madoka-chan!'' Yotsuba cheerfully grabbed her towel.

''Madoka-san.'' Itsuki bowed her head in respect and grabbed her towel as well. ''I'm pleased to have made your acquaintance.''

''Don't be so formal, Itsuki.'' Miku responded. ''Have fun you two.''

They left us alone after putting on their towels, but right before they left, I saw Ichika give me a wink.

And the embarrassing silence returns. I have no clue what to say. Madoka looks as serious as ever. Is she always like this, I wonder?... Is it fun to be so serious?

Her perfect face gazes at me with a lifeless expression. ''...''

''Is there something on my face...'' I touched my cheeks, all I feel is red. ''...''

"No. I was just wondering about your leg condition, butterfly."

''M-my leg?! Ahh...Yes...got better a while ago...Wait a second! How's your arm doing...Is it still hurting?''

Our first meeting was painful for both of us. I injured my leg and Madoka ruined her arm. Technically, it's all my fault. Using a phone on the running track isn't a good idea at all.

''It was merely a dislocation, and I'm pleased to hear that you have recovered well, butterfly. Your condition at the time wasn't good back then.''

''How do you expect me to act? You stole my first kiss...'' I mumbled in lowest voice possible.

I stand up from the water and move a little closer to Madoka. With just the two of us here and without the others around, I don't need to worry about keeping my distance anymore.

''Do you want me to wash your hair? Ichika left before she could.''

''Go ahead.''

Madoka stood up this time, and my god, she's really tall... Not to mention her naked body. Then she untied her hair and sat between my thighs.

WAIT WAIT WAIT?! Why the fuck she's choosing between my legs when there are so many places to sit!...

''M-madoka...''

I shouldn't be reacting this way because we're both girls, but I'm having trouble breathing right now and have no idea what I'm feeling. Itsuki asked how I felt last night, and I'm still feeling that way.

I took the shampoo and started to touch Madoka's black hair gently. They are really like soft silk, very long but well maintained.

''Do you do hair care yourself?'' I asked.

''My maids do actually. They're much more talented at this than I am.'' She sighed. ''I wonder how things are going at home...''

''Ah, I remember. You've been taking care of your siblings, haven't you? How are they doing these days?"

''I have entrusted the tasks at home to someone I know, I'm not concerned about them. Just this is my first time taking a trip like this.''

''You're our senpai, right?'' I smiled. ''You'll graduate soon. Someone like you shouldn't be going on this ridiculous trips anyway.''

''I'm only here because the school administration requested me personally. I try to behave in a way that befits my family. Rejecting such offer creates distrust in people.''

''Isn't your life hard? I'd probably lose my mind if I took even one percent of the training you see.''

''I'm used to it now.'' Madoka's eyes gazed into the sky. ''By the way, I didn't tell anyone about the incident at the cultural festival, so relax.''

''...'' Madoka bringing up that topic makes my hardly-controlled embarrassment resurface. Now I know why she rejected my offer that day, but it still doesn't explain how she could be so calm about kisses. ''How could you stay so calm?...''

''I guess kisses were never a big deal for me. It must have been important for you. You should be angry for losing it to someone who thinks like me."

''I'm fine now. It's no use crying over spilled milk.'' I took a deep breath. ''Are they truly meaningless to you, Madoka?''

Madoka lifts her head and looks at me. ''...''

She's between my wet thighs. I can feel her everything, her skin, her warmth...

This isn't fair, this isn't fair at all. It's not fair that you continue your life as if nothing happened while I'm struggling with myself here...

''𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗸𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗺𝗲.''

''Nino...?''

''If you truly believe that, kiss me. You owe me that much...''

''...'' She looked at my face with an empty yet confused expression.

My heart and my brain are constantly at war. A war with no winner.

I finished washing Madoka's hair and sat on her right leg. Our chests are touching eachother, and I can feel my own warm breath on her skin. I'm not sure what she's feeling because the only thing standing between us is silence.

Her sharp gaze's almost tearing me apart, but I can't take it. Not anymore.

I slowly wrap my arms around Madoka's neck. Instead of pushing me away, she just tilted her head in confusion. You really don't care, do you... Then I'll make sure you care.

''Mnmhm...''

I kissed her.

She never resisted.

Her lips were so soft, and when she parted them slightly, I could taste her sweet taste. It's the best thing I have ever tasted in my life. But she ... she doesn't do anything. Even her expression doesn't change.

I stopped kissing her. I couldn't stop myself from doing so.

She remained silent, completely motionless. Her cold eyes betrayed my emotional state, and I was afraid to open them to see hers.

''...'' She stare straight into my soul as I cling her neck on her wet lap.

"I know what you're going to say... I'm a terrible person, aren't I...? I just...'' My eyes are getting teary. ''Y-you can't just pretend like nothing happened after p-playing with someone's feelings.''

I take another lean forward and kiss her again, this time I let my tongue enter her mouth. ''Mmmm...''

I taste sweetness her even more and more and more... Almost ecstatic.

I'm screwed, aren't I?

Madoka raises her hand slightly. I thought she was going to push me away, but she just touched my cheek and wiped my tears away

...Why?...

I broke the kiss along with a feeling mixed with shame and shock.

''Your tears...'' Madoka touched her own lip followed by a deep sigh. ''Look, butterfly. I led a closed life and I don't have any regrets for that but unlike other girls, I don't know how to react to things like this.''

''But-!''

''Yet, I'm adroit at reading people, and I understand how much you're going through right now. Expressing yourself in this way is a result of my mistake.''

I placed my both hands on her cold cheeks and squeeze them. ''Then take the responsibility. I was planning to tell you this tonight, but whatever. Be my partner for tonight's courage test.''

''Are you sure? I'm not much of a coward. The test's excitement could fade completely.''

''Meh, Yotsuba and Uesugi can't scare anyone. Test was bullshit from the beginning. Also, sorry... I couldn't control myself. I'm taking this a promise, see you tonight. Be there or I'll make you regret, hmpf.''

.

.

.

[ Courage Test Start Time , 8 p.m ]

I spent the entire afternoon thinking about the move I did at onsen. I kissed her, not literally like in the romance movies, but with a wholeass french kiss. Do I regret? Nah. I'm not in love with her. I just want her to be punished for what she did, don't get the wrong idea! I'm going to steal her heart so hard that she'll never be able to act like that again. Even if she's rich enough to wipe out my entire existence with her money...

''...She's late.''

It's been half an hour since the courage test began. People are still waiting at the starting point. Miku said it will be our turn in a few minutes. If she doesn't come, I swear...

"My plan seems to have worked, but are you feeling any better?" A familiar figure approached and took a seat beside me where I was sitting.

''Okay, I have to admit that it was a good plan, Asuka.''

''I told you didn't I? But I'm surprised you were able to invite her even sooner, Nino. I thought you planned making the invite here, something happened?''

I kissed her forcefully, probably committed a sexual offense against her, turned into a slave of my lust, and I barely restrain myself to do much worse things. ''...It was just a moment of courage.''

''In any case, it seems to have worked.'' Asuka placed his hands in his pockets and stare at stars. ''Fuutarou and Yotsuba have already taken their places, not because it'll be scary but would you like me to tell you where they are?''

''No need. Who are you going with anyway?''

''We decided to go together since Itsuki doesn't have a parnter. Our turn comes after so you two will be ahead of us.''

Madoka finally arrives while we chat. She's wearing her usual clothes I see her yesterday. ''My apologies, I'm late.''

''Yo.'' Asuka waved his hand and smiled. ''We met again.''

''Hmpf, and she'll be a business woman with that punctuality.'' I crossed my arms. ''Geez...''

''Nice to see you again, Asuka.'' Instead of giving high five like normal friends, they both shook hands. Both aren't normal anyway. ''You look beautiful with that dress, butterfly.''

''T-t-thanks...'' I feel my heat rising again. ''Don't think such compliments will save you! You shouldn't be late!''

''Well, you two ladies seem to have somethings to talk about. See you later.'' Asuka greets us and left our side.

Madoka sits down on table and starts waiting for our turn as well. I can examine her more carefully with her clothes on this time. She's really dressed too rebelliously for her statue. Like a street thug or a gang leader. An expensive black leather jacket, a plain white shirt and black denim pants.

''Glad you didn't ditch me...'' I pouted yet deep inside I'm happy. Because if she didn't show up no matter how harshly I spoke I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.

Unlike Fuutarou, this girl isn't your typical loser sterotype who I can punch in the stomach.

''I promised, didn't I?'' Madoka checked the time from her phone. ''Our turn. Let's move, butterfly.''

Madoka and I started to move forward in the forest illuminated only by lamps and fresh moonlight. I must admit that the committee responsible for the courage test did a good job. The atmosphere here really manages to scare people. It's really scary, whether it's the spooky footprints that were purposefully left behind or the terrifying sounds.

I stopped by a tree to inspect something.

''Are those cobwebs?''

''It seems so...'' Madoka reaches for the hand and touches the cobweb, it's disgusting. ''Fake, probably put in to complete the ambiance.''

''First of all, that's gross. How can you touch something like that with your hand?!''

''Wasn't it very obvious? Spider webs are actually made of dry silk, but these are just yarn.'' Madoka takes a deep breath, clearing the spider web that has become entangled in her palm.

''Ha?...Is it possible to understand that with a single glance?''

Madoka nods. ''It's not as hard as you might think. You just need to look at the details.''

*RUMBLE*

''...!''

While we were talking, suddenly an extremely loud thunder sound shook the entire forest. I caught off guard and didn't know what to do. I instinctively threw myself towards Madoka and tightly shut my eyes.

''AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!...''

I couldn't tell what was happening because I closed my eyes out of fright, but it didn't take me long to realize that the things I was holding onto were something like huge pillows. I finally opened my eyes when I calmed down. Yes, just as I expected... I'm hugging Madoka's badonkers.

''Afraid of lightning?'' Madoka looked at my face burried her chest.

''N-no, no, it's nothing like that! I was caught off guard that's all...''

Madoka placed her hand on the top of my head and patted me slowly. ''There there...''

''W-w-w-what are you doing...''

''My sisters also don't like thunder, butterfly. Whenever there's a storm, they always come to my room, I know what to do.''

''...'' I blush.

Her soft hands on my head really feel good. My body started to react in its own way, and I could feel myself getting warm from her touch. But still, I can't let myself get carried away by this. If we don't finish the courage test on time, people will start to suspect.

''We have to go on, but...'' I took a deep breath. ''If you really don't want me to be afraid, y-you can hold my hand, h-hehe.''

Madoka nodded and reached out her hand to me. I took her warm hand, and thus the two of us continued to walk hand in hand in the forest.

I started to look at the details around as Madoka suggested after a while. And indeed, most of the things here were completely fake and my fear just disappeared.

Some of my classmates were saying that this forest is haunted. Apparently, many people have entered, never to leave again. That's obviously a false rumor. The so-called binding legend is also false but this just has no credibility whatsoever.

''Just who is this cheap toy supposed to scare?'' I looked at the lamp hanging on the tree branch. It looks like it's taken from a toy store. ''Even the weather is more frightening.''

''At least they tried... That's something.'' Madoka sighed.

I held Madoka's hand even tighter to just feel her warmness more. ''I thought the field trip was going to be a lot more fun than this.''

''But it has only just gotten started, has it not?''

*Tap...*

''What was that? Like bushes c—''

'' BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! / YER GONNA GET EATEN!! ''

Right, these two morons were supposed to scare us. I don't think they can scare anyone except Itsuki. Madoka and I didn't even move an inch. We just looked at the two costumed buffoon in front of us.

''Ah, you guys...''

''Shi shi shi~ Hiya Madoka-chan! Nino!'' Yotsuba walked out from the bushes along with Fuutarou. ''Hey! Why don't you two look scared?''

''Because we're not.'' I said.

''Fuutarou.'' Madoka shook hand with him like she did before. ''Hello you too, Yotsuba.''

''Are you two going together? Ugh, you two are the last couple I would expect to be scared of these things, why did I even hope...'' He removes the clown mask and scratches his neck. ''Nice to see you all but you two have to go before the next couple arrive.''

''Uesugi-san, don't be so rude!'' Yotsuba facepalmed and smiled to us widely. ''There are signs so I'm sure you'll be fine, but there's a cliff up ahead. So make sure you two follow the route, gotcha'~?''

''Wait a minute, Yotsuba.'' Madoka released my hand and put her hands on Yotsuba's cheeks, unwrapping her face.

''M-M-M-Madoka-chan!?'' Her face turned into tomato red and embarrased. ''N-n-nani...?!''

"Your face bandages' slipped, wait, let me fix it, otherwise you won't be able to scare anyone." Madoka re-wraps the bandages that Yotsuba put around her face, making her look even more scary...even though she wasn't really scary at all. After all, zero times zero equals zero. ''That should do it.''

''A-a-ahaha! I never thought of anything inappropriate...Ehem! Arigatou Madoka-chan! We'll see ya two after the test.''

''By the way Madoka.'' Fuutarou says. ''Did you see Asuka? He said he had a business to take care of.''

''We had a little chat to the starting point, it seemed like he was in a hurry indeed... If I see him again, I'll tell him you want to talk.''

''Thanks! Miku and Ichika will be here soon. You two better go.''

''You don't have to say it again, who would want to see your ridiculous costume anyway!'' I barged in. ''Come on, Madoka.''

I grabbed Madoka's hand again and walked away from those two as much as possible. Madoka looks as cold as ever, ugh can't this girl show any signs of emotion, for god's sake?! Are you made of ice or something?

''They look like they're really having fun.'' Madoka said.

I clinged to her palm tighter ''I don't care about those two, hmpf. We are the ones who should have fun, they should entertain us. Not bore us to death."

''The forest path is coming to an end, the sign must be around here somewhere.''

''I'd like to be a little more alone with you...'' I mumbled.

After going a little further on the forest road, Madoka and I encounter an unpleasant sight. It seems that the previous pair have damaged the sign that directs to the hotel before us. How do I know? Because the sign that was supposed to guide us is currently crushed on the ground.

''What irresponsibility is this!'' I kneeled down to broken sign. ''What the hell, ugh...''

Here the path splits into two directions, left or right. One of these paths is supposed to take us to the hotel, but there is no way we can find out which one it is anymore. Madoka also kneels down and looks at the broken sign.

''We may come back the same way or wait for the next couple. They're likely more familiar with the path, butterfly.''

''No way! If they think we didn't pass the test, we'll both be fucked up.'' I look at the two paths. ''All right, follow me. Right is the correct choice most of the time, if we go from there I'm sure we'll find something at least.''

''I don't recommend that.'' Madoka crossed her arms with a sharp look. ''We might get lost even more.''

''Maybe. But at least we won't be mocked and have a proper excuse when they find us.''

''If that's what you want.''

Wait, that was too easy for her to accept...

Madoka and I chose the path on the right and dived deep into the forest. It took me about ten minutes to realize I had chosen the wrong path. When real ones start to appear instead of fake cobwebs.

''All right, these are real.'' Madoka said, wiping the cobweb away.

''Stop touching them!''

The forest became denser and denser. The moon rose higher. We had been walking for a while now, and our only source of light is the moon and stars. We didn't bring our phones with us cause of the rules.

I'm supposed to be scared to death right now, but Madoka's hand is the only thing that calms me. Her tough appearance really gives people confidence.

Instead of holding... I intertwined our fingers. ''...''

''Butterfly?...''

''Don't...Let us stay like this or I-I-I...''

Madoka held my fingers tighter like a guardian angel like she understands what I want. ''Be careful though, if we get injured here, it won't be easy to treat.''

''...'' I nod.

We continued to walk to the deeper level of the forest together for a while, but my fear reached an unbearable level. Every step I took, I feel like a monster would jump out from somewhere and eat me.

''Madoka...''

'Yes?''

''𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝.''

''Do you want me to hug you again?''

''Yes, please. I really need that.''

Madoka gently rests my head on her soft breasts. I close my eyes and try to pull myself together as best I can. I'm not afraid of getting lost, but I can never forgive myself if she hurt because of me. Soon, the girls will realize we've gone missing and start looking for us.

Since Madoka is much taller than me, I have to raise my head when looking at her. ''...Thank you, mind if I get another kiss? Y'know it somehow makes me relax.''

Madoka nods as if it's nothing, that's for her. ''Sure.''

I know that doing this is unacceptable, but I don't care.

I tiptoed and raised my body to reach her face.

''Mhm...''

And our lips connected again. This one is much slower, I can taste everything I love on her lips. I cherished her lips for seconds and seconds under the moonlight. Is it really that bad to take advantage of someone who doesn't know what kisses mean?

Before I let go her lips I saw the glowing stars as if they are watching us. Under the endless sea of stars we...

I then took a few steps back and smiled.

''Arigato! I really needed that.'' I touched my lips to feel the taste one more time. ''I saw a clear road. It looks more traversable over here, so let's go this way instead.''

''...Wait, If I remember right, that's—''

''Look, Madoka! The forest's clearing up! We can go back——— AH!!!''

''NINO!''

Two arms immediately throw me back. My god, my god, my god! I almost died. The place I walked to was a cliff, if I had taken just one more step, I would have died. Just one more step, frickin' step.

I'm lying on the cold dirt, looking at Madoka on top of me.

''Be careful! What did I tell you, do you want to die or something! You were never supposed to leave my side.'' She almost yelled. I can feel the anger in her eyes.

''I-I'm so s-sorry...''

''YOU ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE! ONE! If you're not careful, you'll lose that too! Grr...''

For the first time, an emotion... Anger. She looks really angry. Madoka stands up from on top of me and started scanning the area. Scary.

''Thank you...''

''This plan has gone too far, follow me. I'm taking you back, tch.''

...What?

''What do you mean by plan ?! Madoka!''

''Look. You wanted this courage test to be more exciting, didn't you? I was the one who spoke to Fuutarou and Yotsuba and foretold our arrival. They broke the sign with my mark. I wouldn't have bothered if I knew this would happen. Even I didn't expect you to be so careless.''

''W-why did you even think of doing such a thing...''

''Because you're crying, both on the inside and the outside. Even if you try to hide it. Your eyelids turned red from shedding tears and you still force yourself to smile.''

''...''

''Whatever, move. I don't want to stay here any longer.''

''Wait! We don't know the way to go, what if something happens again... Madoka! Don't go.''

''You're the only one who doesn't know the way out, so SHUT THE HELL UP! I already know the way to the hotel. I just kept quiet because I saw you having fun. It's already impossible to get lost here, the area is completely covered with natural road signs.''

She's...enraged.

''H-ha?! What sign?''

''The hotel stays on the east side of the forest.'' Madoka grabbed my hand and helped me to stand up. I already figured out our approximate location by using the North Star. I also found natural evidences to support my particular specification like that anthills point south. Plus, spiders usually make their webs point east, butterfly. Not that I enjoy or like them, but I had to check for fakes. Who do you think I am?''

- - -

̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶'̶s̶ Asuka's Note:

Psst, you're on air.

''O-oh...my time? Ehem! Konnichiwa dear readers! It is I...! The one and only Asuka Shoji. I and the Author-san will break the fourth wall and interpret this chapter together. Author-san brought me here because we tired of usual boring author notes. So, we decided to turn it into a talk show and this time I'll be da host.''

Like Bocchi the Radio?

''Like Bocchi the Radio! Though, we're nowhere close to Yoppi-san haha...Ehem! In today's program, I'll ask the author questions about the entire story or ask things that need to be asked in general and in the end we'll discuss the chapter.''

You look excited Asuka? Perhaps this format was a good idea in the end.

''Of course I am, Author-san. This is my first time being a radio host. Is there anything you want to say to the readers before I start asking my questions? This suit is really tight... ugh.''

First of all, thank you all for reading my amateur story. It was a pretty cool and heartwarming experience to really connect to a story I originally created just to joke with my friends. Eventually I found myself planning the whole story.

As Asuka also described, sometimes I consider proceeding in this format.

''Author-san, let's start with questions about the episode itself first, or questions about the whole story?''

Let's start with the whole story so we can clear up some question marks.

''Then, let's start with us, da main characters. Author-san, you decided our names, right? I feel like talking to god phew... May I ask the origin of these names?''

Of course I'd be happy to explain that. Your names—

''Author-san, I'll be reeeeeeally upset if you tell me my name is a huge Evangelion reference.''

Hey! Don't interrupt people's speech. I didn't write you as a meany person, so stick to your character. Actually Asuka, your name belongs to a friend of mine from a MMORPG I played a long time ago. I met him through a game and we're still friends after all these years, I gave you his old name to keep his name alive. In fact, when I showed him this story, he was quite amused. Because your personality is almost the same as his.

''Is this so friend of yours as handsome, attractive and smart as me, ahahaha!''

I can't say anything about the handsome part, hahaha! However, as a personality I managed to reflect it accurately. You both help people in the most unexpected way / times and are full of life and know how to have fun. I tried to create you according to the general definition of the perfect person. Handsome, smart and also knows how to have fun.

''Is that why you added to my personality that I'm a gaming addict at home?''

We need to spice up the atmosphere a little, right? No matter how perfect you are on the outside, at home you are the real you. Since I love to play games, I gave this feature to ya as a bonus!

''Talking about the games... Author-san, There are so many Guilty Gear references all over this story, is it healthy to have that many? Like Chapter 23.''

Guilty Gear is my first fighting game and it has a special place for me. I like little references once in a while! Actually dear readers, there are many more references, but I won't tell you what they are. Discovering them is much more enjoyable.

''What about Kazu-chin? I assume his name isn't a Konosuba referance too.''

No, but I won't reveal the secret of his name in this radio. Better to wait for the next ones. You can skip to the next question, if ya want Asuka.

''Then let me ask something that our readers are curious about. Now that Itsuki and I are dating, does that mean we're going to get less screentime?''

Absolutely not! None of your stories are complete yet, and the presence of each of you is essential for the story to progress. We have enough of the side characters, the ones you've seen and the ones you haven't seen yet. I'm not going to make you a side character all of a sudden, right?''

''Uwaa...I feel touched, that made me relax. Indeed, there are a lot of new characters that were not in the original story. Like Hanako-chan for example. Can you explain their roles?''

For that, this story is handled in many ways. You're the main characters and the story runs through you, but the side characters have their own stories and problems. Hanako is a truly special character, both in character and in spirit. She's like that hard girl type you see in the animes, which she is. You know, the type who always looks hard and when she fixes her glasses, her glasses constantly turn white and say something like -All according the plan-, But she's actually quite a nice lady and very friendly if you know her better. Their roles will be bigger in the later parts of the story, but these are spoilers, so I better keep quiet.

''We met a lot of side characters at the cultural festival, indeed, all of them somehow helped us get to where we are.''

See? Of course, this doesn't include the cross-over characters in the interlude chapters. You've met one of them too, haven't you, Asuka? On Valentine's Day.

''Ah, you mean Kaguya-chan. Seeing characters from other series is a strange experience. Of course, I don't have any objections, since those episodes will not directly affect the story, they are just for fun. But Author-san, in one of the previous chapters you said that they were canon.''

They are! Kaguya Shinomiya and others are really exist in this universe. If you check the interlude chapter of the cultural festival. Miku seems genuinely happy to meet them.

''Komi-chan, Marin-san and the others...hehe. I wonder what life would be like if they were all in the same school in real.''

I can write a special chapter for you and Nagatoro if you want, but I can't guarantee you'll survive.

''Please don't, I'm sure our readers won't want to read that I've been bullied for 20,000 words! ''

Joke joke ~ Or... am I? Dun dun dun! Ahahah!

''...Sigh. Fuck. So why was Miku alone at the cultural festival?''

I've explained this in previous notes, Asuka. But I guess it doesn't hurt to explain it again. Simply put, the time for Miku's star to shine has not yet come. Our other main character will be included further in the story.

''Is there a speical reason for that?''

Both yes and no. According to the plot I have planned in my mind, it needs to be that way and it will be a bit of humiliating myself but as new characters are introduced, planning screentime for each of them is becoming increasingly difficult. Yet, this isn't an obstacle I can't overcome, don't worry. I've already planned who our new main character is.

''Oh, a new protagonist sounds pretty exciting!''

Right? Right! I planned the new main character to be-

''OI! SPOILER ALERT! BACKSTAGE CREW, CENSORSHIP PLEASE!''

To be - [ R E D A C T E D ]

''U-uwa, close call... Author-san, holy heck you almost ducked up entire story plot out there!''

Ah, I apologize.

''Ugh...L-Let's get to today's chapter interpretation before you miss out on the more important points that are critical to the story, phew. . . First, let's start with the chapter name. Author-san, are sure you can use this name? That's definitely something... Are you sure it won't cause copyright problems?''

For sure. The aim of this episode was to express Nino's ruined emotions in the most realistic way possible. If any of the quints had been in Nino's place at the cultural festival, it would never have gotten this big. But Nino is the most emotionally unstable of them all, and a total tsun-tsun.

Nino had always dreamed of giving her first kiss to the person she constantly fantasized about, but suddenly all those dreams were shattered. So the episode title fits both this and makes a great reference. I LOVE Haruhi Suzumiya series.

''This chapter contained much more ero-ecchi scenes than the others. I never knew Nino was the type to kiss someone forcefully. Isn't that a crime?''

Like I said, we've seen more of a ruined Nino in this episode. Also, Madoka never cared about kisses as she is an total ice queen.

''Could you open it more for our readers? I already know that but there might be some people didn't understand.''

Madoka was raised to be perfect, in every sense. She'll soon be the head of one of Japan's largest company and she has been specially trained for this by her mother. Multilingual, proficient in human relations, probably the best in Tokyo at human reading also she's at the best possible level for all the high school lessons in existence, like Fuutarou.

While this is great, it has one huge downside. The main reason Nino can take advantage of her, as the chapter says.

What do you think about this chapter, Asuka?

''It wouldn't be right if I comment on a chapter I'm in, but there is definitely something I feel is missing for today's chapter.''

Oh? You have an advice for me? I'd love to hear it, I'm always open to criticism.

''This chapter suffers from a general lack of... say gex.''

...

''...''

🤨

''...''

🤨📸

''Ahem ahem! Anyway...We have come to the end of our radio program for this chapter, dear readers. Don't forget to follow the next chapters, okay? Have a great day, stay positive. Eris pads her chest!"

- - -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.2K 86
Y/N, upon death, is isekai'd into an anime. Thinking they would wake up with great powers, Y/N is stunned to realize that they were reborn as the mai...
17.5K 485 33
After Fuutaro collapsed on his school trip, an admirer couldn't bear to look at him exhausted like that. He decided to help his „Idol" out, how will...
339K 10.1K 69
Ichika Nakano's life changed when she met that boy As you can see in the title its a Ichika Nakano x Male Reader story. I pick Ichika because of some...
63.3K 1.7K 26
People see me and think they're safer. But it's not really me they're seeing. Probably for the best... knowing everything hinges on a guy from an old...