Season of the Tides (Pirates...

By Nature_Queens

The Nature Queen Series: Book 3 We see the changes in a season as a simple flip of a light, an average everyd... More

Author's Note
Prologue
1. Drinian's Tale
2. A Port on Fire
3. The Boy in the Dream
4. Ronan's Farewell
5. The Void
6. Pirate Rescue
7. Bootstrap Bill's Descend
8. The Woes of Talika
9. Hook
10. Kaylee's Rescue
11. Sisterly Love
12. Tortuga
13. A Song in the Night
14. Jack Sparrow
15. Ship to Ship
16. Reepicheep's Confession
17. Isla de Morte
18. Hook's Vendetta Revealed
19. Kaylee's Discovery
20. Killian Jones
21. A Heart of Gold
22. True Royalty
23. The Kraken
24. A One Way Ticket to Hell
25. A Storm Coming
26. The Power of a Nature Queen
27. Hurt
28. Jackson's Fear
29. A Sense of Direction
30. Ursula
31. Love in the form of Anger
32. Purple Sails for a Fallen Friend
33. Where the Compass Points
35. Meg.
36. A Choice
Epilogue
First look at the Clouds in my Vision

34. Talika's Long-Lost Rescue

47 4 0
By Nature_Queens

A ship flying the East India Trading Company logo was wading in, their guns loaded.

"They've come looking for me," Talika said.

"Took 'em long enough," Pintel muttered.

"You'll all be under arrest for piracy," Ronan told them.

"Can you and your royals do anything?" Pintel asked Kaylee.

Talika rolled her eyes, of course he'd ask that; such simpletons, these pirates.

"We can't interfere in an internal affair," Ronan replied.

"How unfortunate," Talika said. He glanced at her, and she felt her heart skip a beat. He was dashing, with those dark curls and soulful eyes; he reminded her of Will.

The thought of him made her want to die, she loved him. She'd always loved him, and yet he'd never deserved her. She was the governor's daughter and he was a blacksmith and a pirate, her mother would never approve. And yet, he had the nerve to go and fall for the Nature Queen, they would never last and he'd come back to be with her.

"Kaylee, we need to head back," Peter told his daughter.

Talika couldn't deny, Winter Wolf was a lucky women to get a man like that. His hair was bronze and his eyes the color of Kaylee's, they were like a glowing ocean.

"I can't just leave them," Kaylee said.

"Well, we're not leaving you!" Titan snapped.

"Ronan and I will stay," Kiera announced.

"The rest of us will go back," Reep said.

Peter nodded and the others started off the ship, he looked back at Kaylee and nodded.

"It's me Becket wants," Will said.

"You?" Killian crossed his arms," What could you have done to Becket?"

Lord Becket was the commander of the East India Trading Company, and a good friend of Talika's father.

"I became a pirate," Will replied," he wanted me to become an associate for him."

"And you chose piracy instead," Talika put in.

She'd never understood his decision become a pirate either, so his father had given him a task. A foolish task, and his father was dead anyway, so why do it?

"I chose to end chaos across the seas," Will told her curtly.

"By becoming a pirate."

His eyes narrowed and he turned back to Killian, "They're looking for her," he said.

"So, are we just going to hand her over?" Killian asked.

"She's not a prisoner," Will said," and I will offer myself for the the crew."

"What?" Marien walked back up on-deck," Will, you can't, Becket will kill you."

"I can't let these people die, Marien," Will told her.

"I am captain, and I say-"

"You are captain of a crew that I am no longer a part of."

He smiled sadly at Marien's terrified expression, and put his hands on her shoulders.

"My crew is in capable hands," he told her, he looked at Killian, "Take care of her, even if she doesn't need it."

He nodded,

"Our captain will be fine," he gave a wry smile," farewell, Turner."

Pintel crossed his arms, and shook his head.

"I never thought I'd see the day that William Turner surrendered," he said.

"Surrendering? He's doing it for the greater good! True courage!" Gibbs shouted," his father would be proud."

"Damn right he'd be," Jackson agreed, "I will see you again."

"I don't know about that," Will said, he turned to Kaylee.

"On no account are you to come after me," he told her.

Talika's lip twitched, and she scowled.

"I can't promise that," Kaylee replied.

"They've got you," Ronan announced.

They turned and watched as the ship pulled in next to them, the men aboard wore stark blue coats; they were in neat rows, their rifles aimed for the Pearl.
Lord Becket himself walked out on the deck, his cold expression neutral.

"Surrender the Lady Merse, or die!" he shouted.

Talika stood, her shoulders back and looked coldly at Will. He walked to the front of the ship, his expression defiant and his eyes sharp.

"I will surrender the Lady Merse and myself in exchange for a full pardon for my crew," Will replied hardly.

Lord Becket raised an eyebrow,

"William Turner," he sounded surprised," You don't see many pirates caring much about their...associates."

"I may have become a pirate, but I'm still an honest man," Will said curtly.

Lord Becket's lieutenant looked unsure as he whispered to his Lord, who nodded with a slight incantation of his head. What could they be deciding? Surely Becket would agree to Will's terms since her life was involved, after all, Talika was quite important.

"Very well, Captain Turner; we agree to your terms," he said finally.

Talika smirked to herself, and walked over to Will.

"I'm waiting, Captain," she said, her voice sugary.

He nodded and looked away, she frowned; why wouldn't he look at her?

A plank was lain across the seas, connecting the two ships. Will glanced back at Kaylee, making Talika scowl, but her pleasant expression returned as she realized that she was fixing to leave with- and she wouldn't come back. Besides, Will was leaving with her to Port Royal, where they could be together; Talika could already see it.

They walked across the plank and once they were onboard the Dauntless, the plank was pulled back into the ship.

"Miss Merse," Lord Becket made his way over to them," Are you alright?"

"It's been quite a terrible experience, but I will be fine," Talika replied, her voice higher than usual.

She looked at Will from the corner of her eye, but he looked straight ahead.

"And if it isn't William Turner," the lieutenant said.

"You will not harm William, he rescued me from the clutches of Captain Hook!" Talika snapped.

Lord Becket raised an eyebrow,

"Oh, is that so?" he walked around Will, as if examining him.

"Then, what would you propose we do?" the lieutenant asked.

"A full pardon."

"A full pardon," he scoffed," Lord Becket do you hear this?"

"Indeed, I do," Lord Becket stopped his circling," And I will allow it- however, there are terms."

Will narrowed his eyes, "What are you terms?" he asked suspiciously.

"You will work for me and swear your loyalty to the East India Trading Company."

Will said nothing, but he was stiff.

"You have until we return to Port Royal to make your decision," Lord Becket continued.

"I'm sure he will make a sensible decision," Talika assured.

"Yes, lets hope he does."

****

Port Royal was perhaps the finest settlements, it was certainly no Tortuga.

Will hadn't been here since Gibbs had found him and given him the Pearl, the thought reminded him that this is where he had lost his mother.

The docks were in view, and he'd found some peace in knowing that Marien and Jackson were safe; Kaylee worried him, what if she came after him? Even if she did, she'd have no problem getting in and out, but it still worried him.

"Will?"

He sighed, would Talika ever leave him alone? He'd confessed his feelings about Kaylee to her, but Kaylee was now far away; Talika had tried ever opportunity to get him alone. He should have been grateful, she gave him a full pardon for all crimes, but the alternative didn't sit well with him. The East India Trading Company was a company that tracked down and killed pirates while hiding behind the trading company brand name, he admitted some pirates were scum, but others weren't terrible enough to be destroyed! If Beckett personally hires anyone, they're going to be paid a fine wage. But this wasn't about  money, for him, it was doing what was humane.

"Will, please speak to me," Talika begged.

He looked at her, her dark eyes pleaded. He shook his head, what was he supposed to say to her?"

"Will, think of what will become of us?" her tone was thrilled," We could become everything I'd ever dreamed."

"What would that be?" Will asked, his tone neglecting.

"Will, we finally have a chance to be together!"

"Do you not understand, Talika?"

"Understand?"

She frowned, her eyes flashing suddenly. "What is there to understand?"

He turned to face her, what was there to not understand?

"Talika-"

"Kaylee is lost to you, can you not just accept the greater good?"

"The greater good? Talika-"

"Will, we were meant to be! Why can you not accept this?"

"Because we are not meant to be."

She looked ashen and she stepped back, her eyes flashing.

"What?" she asked dramatically.

"I do not belong to you and I never did, my heart has been sold. That is my final answer." He turned and started off, but he stopped as she spoke again.

"You should have chosen me, Will!" she cried," You will wish you had."

She held up a pistol and his eyes widened, it was his; she must've taken it from him. She pressed it into her shoulder.

"TALIKA!"

BANG!

"Help me!" Talika shreiked.

Will leapt back as soldiers rushed all over the place, racing to her assistance.

"Miss Merse, what has happened?" Lord Becket demanded as he came through.

"He tried to kill me!" Talika shreiked.

"Cuff him!"

Will dodged the first assault, but several others grabbed him and forced him on his knees.

"Orders, Lord Becket?" the lieutenant asked.

"Throw him in the brigg," Becket commanded with a sneer," He is to hang for his crimes of piracy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.2K 2.9K 53
*Book 3 of the Destined Series* Without her sister, her mate, and her friends, Ryleigh has nowhere to turn to but home. Whether she wants to join her...
27.1K 960 106
She was an abandoned wolf Found by pirates Reclaimed by a lion He killed my husband and im running away with him... Kat of the black pearl sets off t...
1.4M 65.7K 71
Book 3 of The Marking Trilogy "Tell me you're still there, Love," she whispered, fingers brushing against his mark. Mae didn't know if he could under...
98.4K 5.8K 25
Book Three in Her Destiny Series ||| ❝And she thought they were heartless monsters.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫ She had nightmares about the creatures that lurk...