26. The Power of a Nature Queen

Killian had been right about the dangerous voyage, within several days; the ocean had turned nasty, tossing the ship like a toy boat.

Kaylee hung from the ropes, swaying with the ship one particularly restless night. Over the course of the past few days, the crew had split, half of them demanding they turn around and the other half demanding that they push forward.

Will had had enough, and was ready to find a different route.

"You have to turn around!" he shouted from below, his voice barely audible above the crashing thunder.

Killian disagreed, believing they still had the power to push forward to Urselon.

"No!" he argued, yanking the wheel right," I can still do this!"

"Not on this course, you can't! You'll kill us before we even reach the island!" Will yelled, holding tightly to a rope.

"Then, so be it!" Killian yanked the wheel sharply to the left, bringing everyone and thing crashing to the other side of the ship.

"Let it go!" Will grabbed the wheel, and the two began fighting over it; jerking the ship from side to side.

"Stop it!" Kaylee screamed from above, her face streaming with rain.

The two looked up in time to see the massive wave crash down, Killian grabbed hold of a rope, but Will wasn't so lucky.

"Will!" Kaylee shrieked.

Will didn't have time to grab anything before the water crashed into him and knocked him overboard.

"WILL!" Marien screamed.

Kaylee didn't even think, she leapt off the nets and felt a sudden, violent energy surging through her.

****

"What in the name of..."

Jackson trailed off as he looked around; the ship, the storm, the waves- it had all stopped. It was all...frozen? The waves were frozen, encrusted glass around the ship, which was tilted at an angle. Little snow flurries were floating around, settling along the deck.

The crew stared around in surprise and awe, some hid in freight.

"Is this what you meant by dangerous voyage?" Pintel asked Hook.

Hook shook his head, looking around.

"I've always known the ocean can play tricks," he said," but it doesn't turn summer to winter."

Summer to Winter? Jackson frowned, this was sorcery.

He looked over to Kaylee, she was completely still; down on one knee with her head focused down and her hands out, kind of like a swan. But a clean, perfect circle of ice encircled her.

Sorcery? More like Nature Queen magic.

"Your majesty," he said, somewhat nervously.

"It's still Kaylee," she corrected as she rose to her feet.

Her eyes were actually glowing, the blue tinged with a sudden rush.

"What is this?" he asked, glancing around.

"I am a Nature Queen," she reminded him," You asked what my powers were, well your witnessing them."

"You turn summer to winter?"

"No."

"Then what do you do?" Pintel asked.