Coffee and Rings

By xcremedust

"They say once you are dead, you cannot return. But here I stand breathing, defying that statement." Every ce... More

Copyright Statement
Coffee and Rings-1
Coffee and Rings-2
Coffee and Rings-3
Coffee and Rings-4
Coffee and Rings-5
Coffee and Rings-6
Coffee and Rings-7
Coffee and Rings-8
Coffee and Rings-9
Coffee and Rings-10

Coffee and Rings-11

23 2 0
By xcremedust

Thankfully, Ash didn't mention the little moment in the kitchen to anyone. But I did get a wink from him when he caught me watching Kim. Kim had refused to even spare me a glance and I was sure my friends noticed it too but kept their traps shut.

After my encounter with Ash, whenever I looked at him, I got this odd vibe. Like he was more experienced than he let on. Like he knew more than he let on.I realized, covered by his usual charm and smirks was a dark past. I was always able to read a person quite well. So, when I saw Ash's real nature, I was shocked that I didn't notice it already.

I took pride in the fact that I was a good observer. I was able to say the true nature of something with just seeing it. I could tell if even the smallest of things were off. I still didn't understand what Ash meant by the last sentence. The longer I thought about it, the more confused I became.

I knew Ash 'died' in a car crash. But did I know anything about what he was like before? The answer was no. I just assumed he was always like this, with his womanizing ways and all. Perhaps he wasn't like like that before. Maybe, he even had a steady relationship with the girl he loved.

As far as I know, nobody in our small group has tried contacting anyone from their past. John claimed that he didn't want his wife in any danger because of The Blacks. He had also said that he had a young daughter who was nine years old when he too 'died.' Callie said that she was happy to be away and finally free from the monster called her father. Stella told us she didn't have anybody to talk to. But Ash on the other hand didn't even breathe about his past.

I thought he was upset about it and wasn't willing to talk about it. I didn't want to pry but after seeing him act the way he did in the kitchen, I have a hunch that he can't talk about it. As in he can't bring himself to talk about it.

My thoughts drifted to what led to all of this. As much as I would love to, I can't deny the fact that if given the chance , I would kiss Kim again without feeling an ounce of regret as selfish as that sounded.

"Boo," Trey giggled, looking at me with big, innocent eyes.

"Boo," I repeated, a playful smile on my face as I watched Trey, who had insisted that there were monsters under his bed and announced that he was going to sleep in my room, sitting on my lap.

When Trey came stumbling from the hallway leading to his room, different expressions crossed everyone's faces. We had all thought that he was asleep, that is with the exception of people who were seeing him every day. Kim looked tired and James looked amused and gave a teasing smile Kim's way to which Kim replied with a glare.

After explaing that he somehow managed to open the door on his own eventhough the handle was out of his reach, Kim lifted him up to his room. He ran out again, this time saying that there were monsters.Then he went ahead and said that he was going to stay the night in my room and demanded Kim be there.

After much protest from Kim, Eva managed to get her to agree to sleep in my room. I swear Eva looked smug when Kim nodded her her head in submission and threw a sly smirk my way. For a moment there I actually considered the idea that Eva knew what happend in the kitchen. I shooed the thought as soon as it entered my head.

There was just no way that she knew what had happend. And even if she did, I didn't care.

So, I sat there as straight as a pole, awaiting the time Kim would open the door and enter my room. Hoping that Trey would distract me I moved my focus to the small, giggling boy. That soon turned out to be futile. Realizing that Kim wasn't getting out of my head anywhere in the near future, I gave up my attempts and simply sat there, half-heartedly listening to Trey and feeling guilty I wasn't paying attention to him.

As if the world wanted me to suffer more - not that Kim was bad company, just that I didn't really stay sane when she was around me - the said girl entered the room with pillows of different sizes in her hand, almost making her fall over with the weight. She peeked up at me over the pillows, looking flushed.

With a relieved sigh, she dropped the pillows on the side of the big bed.

"Kim!" Trey squeled, jumping off my lap and dashing towards her.

She let out an 'oomph,' catching him in her arms and twirling him around. Then, her gaze settled on me with a hesitant look.

"You don't mind do you? I can go if you want," she mumbled and I swear I almost wanted to take her in my arms and sqeeze her to death. Not literally, ofcourse. That would be murder.

'You already kill people,' my twisted mind remimded me.

Deciding to ignore the part of me that was rational and was screaming that this would lead to something that I wasn't quite ready for yet, I answered her, " No, you can stay here. That is unless you can't handle this," I motioned to my body, which was pretty sexy if I do say so myself, teasingly.

She pursed her lips and jutted out her chin, "What, that?" She pointed at my chest, showcasing a disgusted expression. It was obvious though that she was just kidding.

"Oh, c'mon now sweetheart, we all know I am one sexy man."

"Man?" she snorted, "Try saying a boy!"

My eyebrows rose, "I am a man!" I exclaimed, acting offended.

"Oh, please, don't make me laugh, Max."

I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively, "You know, I can always prove to you that I am a grown, developed, hot man." I then proceeded to loook down at my pants pointedly.

Her face turned red and she looked down, clearing her throat. "We have a child in this room right now," she stated.

I smirked. "So, we can continue this conversation later?"

Her eyes widened, "I never said that!"

"Sure," I agreed and when she looked relieved, I continued, "But, we are still continuing this."

"No, we ar-" Kim was cut off in the middle of her sentence when Trey let out an annoyed cry.

"What are you talking about?" he demamded, pouting.

"Nothing, Trey. Max, here is just being a butthead," Kim said hotly, giving me an embarassed glare.

"Oh, now, don't go feeding the poor boy lies. I wouldn't do that, now would I, Trey?" I cooed, looking innocently at Trey. He blinked up at me with his big eyes.

"You wud," he said.

Kim snickered, high-fiving Trey. Well, attempting to. The little boy ducked her hand, crawling towards me.

"You wud too."

I burst out laughing, even harder at Kim's apalled expression.

"Man, I taught him well," I spluttered out through my laughing fit. I wasn't even sure why I was laughing so much. Perhaps, it was due to Kim's hilarious expression when her high-five got rejected or maybe the flat expression on the little three year old boy's face. The other reason was that I was finally losing my brain, but I was too hot for that to happen.

Kim being the mature person she is, stuck her tounge out at me and I repeated the honor. Trey, seeing us, copied our movements and it soon turned into a competition to see who made the most weird faces.

Only after my tounge dried up did I learn my lesson. I should never keep my tounge sticking out like a freaking dog, because let me tell you, it dries and feels like freaking sand paper and that is not really a good feeling.

When we all decided to sleep, ofcourse there rose the question about her sleeping arrangements. Kim looked about to sleep on the floor and I wasn't going to let that happen.

I am a gentleman, alright? Alright.

Trey cured that problem for us when he pulled her on top of the bed and wiggled his cute little butt in between us and laying down, soon snoring away.

After a murmur of 'Good night,' Kim fell asleep whle I stay there wide awake, staring at Kim like a creepy stalker. I didn't know how long I was in that position before I felt a tingle in my fingers. It grew and developed until my whole body was thumping with power. I sat up carefully to not wake up anyone. Looks like The Blacks are out and causing trouble.

As quiet as I can, I darted out, closing the door behind me. Sometimes, I really hated this feeling. It felt like I was drunk. With energy.

Ash ran out in his pajama pants, Callie following closely in more appropriate clothing. John was already waiting for us in the hall. I faintly, okay, loudly heared a door bang open and heavy footsteps.

"Can't you be more quiet? Do you want to give us away?" Callie hissed when he saw Stella entering. She simply roled her eyes, choosing to stand beside me instead.

Ash smirked, "So, ready to kick some evil vilains' as-"

"Heavens, Ash! Are you trying to kill The Blacks by showing them your awful bare body? You are burning our eyes!" Callie exclaimed, looking ready to pounce on him with violent intentions.

He shot her an annoyed look, "I bet you are enjoying the show, now lets go before The Blacks hurt someone."

"You-"

"Lets get it over with," John interrupted whatever Callie was about to say, making silence drift upon us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97 17 6
πŸ’₯πŸ‚. NOTICE; This book can only be found on Wattpad, Tumblr and Quotev. If it's posted anywhere else, don't read it. Thank you! https://www.quotev.c...
151 5 14
.・。.γƒ»γ‚œβœ­γƒ».γƒ»βœ«γƒ»γ‚œγƒ»γ€‚. .・。.γƒ»γ‚œβœ­γƒ».・ They were two completely different souls at the start of the school year, when one day Sheila sees this boy and falls in...
2.9K 1.2K 23
⭐ #1 in high school love story.⭐ ⭐COMPLETED⭐ 'Why are things getting against me?' 'Why am I with him every time I am in an embarrassing situation?' ...
110 16 11
With a heart of gold, he feels like no one sees the real him. Instead, they see his position, the golden boy, Mr. Popular, Queen B's boyfriend, a bu...