Summer.

By LighteningSmiles

"She left me and my dad last year, and all she left behind were two very broken hearts and a letter saying 'I... More

Summer.
Junior Counselling Day 1.
Day 2.
Flag18 Turquoise
An Afternoon Avoiding Aaron.
Sleepless.
Good Mourning.
Friday Feelings.
Excuses.
Not so Alone.
Trouble Times.
Answers.
Acceptance.

Out and about.

29 0 0
By LighteningSmiles

Mia walked out of the bathroom. She noticed, Aaron sitting on Ana's bed tying his shoe laces, both with tears in their eyes.

"I need to see a doctor." She said half to herself and half to him.

"What? Now? Do you really think now is the best time to..." He asked throwing her an 'are you crazy' look.

"Yes now! I can't see the camp's nurse, I need to see a real doctor. Today." She spat the words at him.

"Mia I don't think..."

"I know! I know you don't think! I know you don't think, because if you did we wouldn't be in this bloody mess in the first place!!" She said beginning to cry again.

"Are you... Are you joking?! So so this is my fault?! This is my fault that you are ..." He chocked on the word. He couldn't finish his sentence.

"That I am what?! You coward! You selfish asshole you!" She shouted.

It was 11:30am so everyone was out with their groups. No one was around.

"How am I a coward?!"

"You can't even say it! You can't even say the fucking word Aaron!"

"Shut up! Yes! Yes I... I ca.. I can!" He rubbed his eyes.

"Then say it! Say it please! I'm begging you! I'm what? Pr... Preg... PREGNANT!! You ass!" She collapsed onto the floor in a flood of tears and he sat next to her.

"I'm sorry. Mia I am sorry. I never ever intended for this to..." She pushed him away from her.

"Just go. Leave me alone." She rubbed her eyes and blew her nose into a tissue sitting on her bedside table.

"Mia please. I want to help! I care about you!"

"If you care so much you'd leave. There is nothing you can do for me. I need to see a doctor, not some messed up teenage man-whore." Aaron stood up, cleaned his face and left.

Mia spent the rest of the day crying in her room and every time someone came in she pretended to be sleeping.

Louis, Ana, Sarah and Marco stopped by at lunch and left her a sandwich on her bedside table.

She had slept all through the day. She woke up at 4:30pm by someone coming in. She didn't have time to pretend she was sleeping.

"Get dressed. Meet me outside in 5 minutes."

Mia was dumbstruck by his sudden appearance. Without a second to waste she got up, put a bra, t-shirt and hoodie on then stepped outside in the chilled summer evening to join Aaron.

"What do you want?" She asked without any expression.

"Come with me." He took her arm and they walked all the way to Flag1. They got into his car and he pulled out a slip of paper and showed it to the gate guard and they were off.

"Would you mind explaining to me why you kidnapped me? Or where the hell we're going? Or how you got permission to leave? Something?!" Mia hissed.

"Just be patient." She sighed loudly, then sat back in the chair and kept switching radio stations till she heard a decent song that fit her mood. She was too tired and too weak to continue arguing, so she trusted him to take her to their destination safely.

Mia sat there with her head on the car door wondering what her father was doing at that moment; if he was missing her. She wondered what her mother was doing; where she was; and if she missed her too. Mia thought about all the times she had spent with her mother and that it would never happen again. She thought about how her father was never going to be able to fill that void but could try; then she changed thoughts after she cringed at the thought of her dad buying her tampons.

Mia thought about how she would tell her father, and how she was going straight to hell for this.

She thought about how Aaron was oblivious to her mother's disappearance and how she wanted it to stay that way.

After nearly an hour of driving and thinking she broke the deadly silence.

"So where are we going?"

"Doctor."

"Wait what?"

"Earlier you said you wanted to see a real doctor, so I am bringing you to one." He said not removing his eyes from the road.

"What two hours away?!" She asked sarcastically.

"Mia if we had gone to one any closer, they would immediately contact the camp and inform them of our visit, and I'm fairly certain neither one of us want that right now."

He did care.

"So where are we going?" She asked while zipping up her hoodie.

"The doctor I used to go to. I lived in Newton Village when I was seven then we moved ten years ago, so I know the doctors here and they know me, but they know how to keep everything quiet. And we're here." He said as the old Beetle pulled into this small car park in front of a row of shops.

Mia was stunned. She never pegged Aaron to be the caring sort. She never imagined him to do something of the sort for her. She liked it.

Aaron stepped out of the car, then walked around and helped Mia out. He led her through the front door of the doctor's practice and he sat her down as he went to talk to the receptionist.

Aaron sat down next to her and she picked up a magazine. He knew not to disturb her, so he let her be while they waited.

"Mr Grey. Ah, please come through." Aaron stood up and let Mia walk ahead of him, then as they walked down the hall, she took his hand in hers as she began to shake.

The dark haired light eyed woman opened a door to her room, then gestured for them to sit; they did.

"Hello, I am Dr. Mary Jenkins, please call me Mary." She offered them a warm smile, which Aaron accepted but Mia stared at her feet.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Aaron and this is Mia." He shook her hand.

"Alright so I have been informed of your situation briefly from when you called in earlier Aaron." Mia smiled at how he cared.

"But I was wondering if I could just talk to Mia alone for a little while? Is that alright?" Mia's head shot up.

Aaron agreed. Mia nodded. Aaron kissed her on the cheek and went to sit in the waiting room.

"So Mia I am going to ask you a few questions. Is that alight?"

She nodded. Mary moved her chair so she sat in front of Mia.

"So how long have you and Aaron been seeing each other?"

Mia bit her lip and replied.

"Two days. He isn't my boyfriend. He is the hot bad boy of our... Umm.. He is the bad boy and I'm a no one, so I have no idea why he likes me. I don't know what happened... I just... I don't know...." Mia didn't know how much Mary knew so she chose her words carefully. She began to tear up.

"It's alright Mia. Sweety." Mia's eyes shot up and met Mary's.

No one had called her that since her mother nearly a year before. It scared Mia. It scared her to think about her mother at a time like this. So she blocked out the thought and concentrated on Mary.

"And was this your first time?" Mary moved her legs slightly and Mia watched very closely.

"No."

"And that person; do you still see him?"

"Yes."

"How is he with you and Aaron?"

"I don't know. He is dating my best friend so we don't talk much because it's awkward." She felt more comfortable now.

"And how does your friend feel about you two having been together before?"

"She doesn't know. He and I were dared to on 'muck-up night' last summer. And it was so weird, but we don't talk about it anymore."

"And do you think you should tell her?"

"No, because I know Ana has done it before but I don't know who with."

Mary smiled. Mia didn't understand her questions but she didn't think about it.

Mary asked Mia to wait in the waiting room and send Aaron in.

"Hello Aaron." Mary smiled at him.

"Hi. Is she alright?"

"Yes, well I think so. I just have a few questions for you, alright?"

He nodded and they began.

"Do you know anything about Mia's family background? How are her parents going to react to the news?"

"I don't know. I don't know them, but she is a great person so I'd imagine they are good people and will hopefully understand." He was nervous now.

Aaron had mot thought about how her family would react. He had never thought about how scared she felt.

"So was Mia your first?"

'Shit.' He thought.

"No."

"Do you still see or talk to the girl who was?"

"I see her at camp everyday, but I haven't spoken to her this summer."

"Does she know you're with Mia?"

"Yes. She is Mia's roommate and she walked in on us the other day... I mean, she walked in and we were talking. And her boyfriend was there too. But they quickly left."

Mary figured it out. She knew neither one of them knew about the other's first times, and she knew the other girl had no idea about her boyfriend. This was like a messed up episode of 'Glee' in Mary's eyes.

Mary thanked him and asked Mia to come back in.

"Alright, so I need to do an ultra-sound on you my love to see if everything is alright. Ok? Unfortunately the ultra-sound machine is unavailable now, so will you be able to return in two days? Same time?" They nodded and left.

As they were walking out, Mia went to the bathroom while Aaron waited in the car.

As Mia closed the front door, she saw her. Her mother. The familiar face stared back at her as the woman walked into another room. That was her. Elizabeth Temple. She was there. Mia saw her and she saw Mia.

Mia stood there for what seemed like forever until Aaron walked her to his car. They both sat in the car and stared out uncomfortably.

"That was her." Mia was frozen.

"Who?"

"My mother. I just saw my mother."

"Why is she here? Why isn't she at home with your father?" He was so confused.

"She left me and my dad last year, and all she left behind were two very broken hearts and a letter saying 'I love you both. I'm so sorry.' I still don't understand it. I'm not sure my dad does either. I haven't seen the letter since that day, I don't know what he did with it. But Aaron I know that was her. I have been to many therapists since then but I'm not hallucinating anymore! I know that was her!"

They sat there thinking for a short while longer, before she asked him to drive back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 730 62
Mia, valedictorian since Year 6, but guarded by her fears of failing, who is attracted to Oliver, must help her overcome her demons of the past. Why...
594K 13.6K 34
I closed my eyes tightly until I heard laughing. No, I could feel the laughing. My eyes sprang open to find Miles on top of me. I was laying flat on...
601 8 12
Alexandra conner is the it girl, she's beautiful, popular, kind, smart oh and rich. She lives with her father and little brother. Her father is a l...
263 44 24
It was the first summer that Leah McKay was working as a camp counselor, at the camp that she grew up going to as a camper. " I always wanted to be...