Checkmate - THE FINAL LEVEL

By Love_Bri94

Could this be the end of an era? Mya and Chris face turmoil in their marriage for the last time. Will they b... More

One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
🫠
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
TwentyFour
TwentyFive
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
TwentyNine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo

Two

2.1K 143 138
By Love_Bri94

Chapter Two
Mya Brown
Los Angeles, California

Click, click.
Flash, flash

The sounds of the cameras swarming me and my own heartbeat were the only two things that I could hear, as me, Mariah, and two bodyguards made our way inside of the building where our lawyers were.

It's true.

Chris filed for legal separation the next day after I told him about Royalty. A few days after that, his stuff was moved out of our house. I don't know where he's staying, we don't speak. I've tried, multiple times but he just doesn't want to talk to me. Depression and anxiety is hitting me hard. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I just want to fix this.

I really thought I was doing the right thing but after the millionth person told me I was wrong, it clicked.

When we got inside of the elevator, I leaned against the wall and tried to catch my breath but it seemed as if that was impossible. I felt Mariah's hand rub the upper part of my back. "Deep breaths Mya, deep breaths." She said to me. Listening to her breathing pattern, I was able to calm down a little bit.

I was very nervous.

The walk to the meeting room, seemed like the longest walk ever. It took everything in me not to turn around and run. Being here means that I'm okay with this and I'm not. How can he just walk away so easily?

My security guard Malcom, opened the conference room door and I stepped inside. My eyes went directly to Chris. His focus was on his hands that sat in his lap. Just from his fidgeting, I could tell he was nervous too.

"Thank you for joining us Mya." Mark said. I nodded and took my seat across from Chris. The papers for us to sign sat right between us. Why can't this be a bad dream?! We could've worked this out! "Deposition part one. Christopher Brown vs. Mya Anderson-Brown. Christopher has filed for legal separation from his wife of nine years. Christopher has started this process because in the state of California, a married couple must be separated for a minimum of two years before a petition for divorce can be filed."

My eyes shot up. I looked between Mark and Chris. "Divorce? Is the situation really that bad that you have to do this?!" I basically yelled at Chris but he never looked at me, just over at his lawyer, but I could see his jaw clenching and the tension in his body.

Diane gently touch my hand. "It's okay Mya."

"It's not okay." Tears filled my eyes. "We don't have to do this. He's leaving me for what? Trying to protect his daughter?!"

"I'm leaving you because you're selfish. You wasn't trying to protect shit."

"Selfish how?"

"Because you were so busy trying to kiss Nia's ass and be stepmom of the year, I couldn't be there for my kid when she needed me the most. You wasn't trying to protect nobody."

"I was. I promise you, I was. I didn't want you to do something crazy that really would've kept you from being able to be by Royalty's side."

"Two months Mya. You hid this from me for two months. If I never would've got that postcard, shit I'd probably still be clueless. You came in between me and my kid and I can't just brush past that. I'm good on you, we done."

"Chris, please."

He shook his head. "Just stop talking to me. Just being in yo face is pissing me off."

I just stared at him. His nose turned red and his eyes grew watery.

"Does there need to be a custody arrangement for your children?" Mark asked Chris and he shook his head.

"My mom will be my point of contact. Landon has been requesting to live with me and I'm for that and prepared to take action if necessary." He responded and just hearing that took the air out of my body.

"Landon isn't going anywhere." I said.

"I'm prepared to take action if necessary. You're in a depressed state and tend to abandon your children when this happens so maybe it's best all three come with me."

"I can't believe you. You're pissed off so you're trying to take my son away?"

"I'm not trying to do anything. I have multiple text messages from my son asking to live with me."

"Do you even know how to raise a kid on your own? Your mother raised Royalty."

Chris nose flared. "Bitch, fuck you."

"Okay, that's enough talking between you two." Diane interrupted before I could respond. "We'll discuss mediators for the time being that'll help with the children. Is there anything else?"

"Yes, one last thing." Mark reached into his briefcase and pulled out more court papers. "My client is requesting that you stay at least 500 feet away from Royalty." He placed the the papers in front of me and my mind just couldn't even process this shit.

"Does Royalty know about this?" I asked.

"Don't matter, stay away from my kid." Chris leaned back in his seat, giving me the coldest stare.

Letting out a small laugh, I grabbed those papers along with our separation papers. Looking him dead in his eyes, I ripped them all up and tossed them in his face. "I ain't signing shit. Sorry he wasted your time Mark." With that, I stormed out. Before I could get far, my arm was roughly grabbed and I was pulled a few steps down to an empty office.

Chris locked the doors then turned and got in my face. "Why you playing with me Mya? Hm? I want this marriage over, I want this done. Why the fuck would you rip up those papers?"

"Because this is ridiculous and you know it! I'm sorry Chris, I'm so fucking sorry for not telling you what happened to your daughter. I put this on everything I love, I did this because I knew you'd hurt somebody and deep down, you know it too and Royalty literally begged me not say anything. She was afraid that you'd be more upset about her being pregnant than what happened. But I still should've said something, I should've told you."

"...I have nightmares about this shit Mya. I hear my baby crying and screaming for my help and I can't get to her. I'm fighting hard to save her but I can't."

Hearing that made me feel worse.

"And that's my fault, this is all my fault." Exhaling I went and sat on the edge of the table. "I don't want to lose you. You have every right to be mad at me but I'm not signing those papers. You don't even really want this, you're just reacting out of anger."

From the look on his face, I was right. Chris started pacing the floor, something he always did when things were chaotic. "I still need time away from you Mya."

"Okay."

It seemed like he wanted to say more but decided against it and just unlocked the door and walked out. I let out the deep breath that I had been holding then left out the room myself.

"Everything okay?" Diane asked as she approached me.

"For now."

Chris and Mark walked up to us. "Well I guess we don't have to make up anymore papers, for now." Mark said. "It was nice seeing you Mya."

"You too." I gave him a small smile. As Chris walked past me to get to the elevator, I rubbed his arm. He just looked at me and nodded.

Malcolm led me over to the other elevator and I got on.

"What happened in that office?" Mariah asked.

"Nothing."

"So the separation is off?"

"Yes...I hope so."

"Mya, you know I ride for you a thousand percent but it's time for you and Chris to end this up and down bullshit with your relationship. You guys have been married for nine years, have three beautiful, amazing children this has to stop. I was on the edge of my seat in that room because I've never seen Chris look at you with so much hate in his eyes. Whatever you do to fix this mess you created, make sure it's a permanent fix not those normal quick fixes that you two love to do. And if this doesn't work this time, sign those papers."

•••

After our meeting, I headed home and took a long shower, dried off, and climbed in bed.

I was alone. The kids were in Virginia with Mama Joyce and I'm wishing that they weren't. Chris saying that Landon wants to live with him is stuck in my head. I feel like I'm an awful mom to my son. Every time I look up, he's complaining to someone about me and I'm not even sure where I'm getting it wrong. I've changed everything. No working a lot, I barely leave California now and if I do happen to leave they're with me.

Can't wait for them to get home.

Getting up from the bed, I slipped on a robe and went downstairs. Going into our wine cellar, I grabbed a bottle of red wine and a glass then went into the kitchen. Sitting on one of the stools, I connected my phone to our speakers and hit shuffle on Apple Music.

Of course, the first song is Start It Slow. Ugh I love this song.

Pouring me a glass of wine, I sat the bottle down and picked up my cup. As I sipped on that, I closed my eyes and just vibed to the music.

Wanna spend the rest of my life with her, she my ride or die. Hold it down for me that's my nigga. You can get it all from me. Gotta wedding ring for you baby. All I need is for you to say one word and that's yes.

Opening my eyes to pour me more wine, I jumped at the sight of Chris leaning on the corner with a stupid smirk on his face.

"Oh my god, are you trying to give me a heart attack!" I pushed his shoulder, before grabbing my phone to turn down the music.

"Yeah." He laughed.

"What are you doing here?"

"Um it's my house."

"You haven't been here in a month."

"I know but....after seeing you today, you kind of got stuck on my mind something that always happens with you. I hate all of this happened the way it did and you were right, I only filed for separation out of hurt. I'm kind of glad that you ripped up those papers because the minute everything was official and I got out of my feelings, I would've kicked myself." He deeply inhaled then exhaled while walking up to me, holding my hands. "I know you were trying to just do what Royalty asked and I definitely would've tried to kill the motherfucka who did this so waiting to tell me was probably the right thing to do too. I'm sorry for all of this mess I done added to this situation. Talking to Royalty earlier brought me to my senses too. She asked me about the blogs and the paparazzi pictures from earlier. I told her what I did and everything that I filed for and she told me if things would've went through, she would've never spoken to me again. I can't risk that and I'm not about to lose you. I love you Mya."

"I love you too Chris and I'm so sorry baby."

He nodded while his thumb brushed my cheek. "We'll work through this."

"Okay."

Holding onto my face, we shared sweet kisses that quickly became intense and in no time my robe was off, along with his shirt and I was on our kitchen counter with his face in between my legs.

The sound of him slurping and sucking on my flesh overpowered whatever song was playing. My nails drug along his blue hair as his lips wrapped around my clit. "Shit! Chriiiis." Taking my hand off of his head, I gripped my breast and bit down on my lip.

Was I really about to spend the rest of my life without this?! Absolutely NOT!

Once I came in his mouth and he licked me clean, Chris stood up and grabbed my face. We shared the nastiest kiss, our tongues running smoothly across one another, letting me taste what he enjoys so much.

"Down on all fours, and open your mouth." He said while stepping back and wiping his face clean. I got off the counter and did exactly what he told me to. I watched as he undid he belt and his jeans then pushed them down along with his briefs. Kicking them off along with his socks and shoes. In no time he had a tight grip on my hair and was sliding his dick basically down my throat.

I just stared at him and his love faces. That alone could make a girl cum. He bit down on his lip as he fucked my face. Tears slid from my eyes as I took it all. From his hard thrusts this was supposed to be some type of punishment but deep down he knew this was the shit I loved. "Mouth so fucking wet, fuuuuck." He moaned.

I could feel him pulsating the faster he moved and once he got sloppy, I started moving my head back and forth. His hand gripped the counter as he fought to keep going but that didn't last too long. Pulling out he stroked himself until he came all over my face and tongue. He better watch these lashes though cause this a fresh set.

When he finished, I got up and went into the bathroom to clean myself up. Once everything was off, I went back into the kitchen, wrapping my arms around his neck. Leaning down he kissed me while grabbing my thighs and picking me up, then made his way upstairs. Instead of going to the bed, he sat on the bench that was at the end of it.

"Ride me." Was all he said and I did what was asked. As soon as he was inside of me, my walls clenched around him. I'm tired of these long periods of no sex. That'll never happen again.

Grinding my body against his, I gripped onto his shoulders as he gripped my thighs and ass. His grunts drive me insane, they're so sexy and animalistic.

"I love you so much Papi." I wined as he started matching my movements. "Oh fuck!"

"I love you too baby. Papi love you too." Grabbing onto my left breast, he put my nipple in his mouth. "Damn Mya." His hands grabbed my ass so tight I'm sure his fingers were imprinted. Guiding me up and down on him. My head tossed back as I came hard.

Once my orgasm was over, I got up on my feet and held on to my knees. Chris slid down more and leaned back into the bed, staring at me with the sexiest grin.

"That's what the fuck I'm talking about." He reached up and gripped my neck as I bounced. "Creaming all on my shit."

"Aaah, baby." I picked up my pace, making my ass bounce all on him. His head laid against the mattress and his eyes fluttered shut as he enjoyed the ride. "You like this shit Papi?"

"I love this shit MyMy. Pussy so fucking good baby." His arm wrapped around my body and he turned us over. My left leg was pressed against my chest and the right he placed over his shoulder then fucked me like a mad man.

"Oooh SHIT!" My nails dug into his arm. He stabbed at my spot over and over again until my legs started uncontrollably shaking. Bringing my calf up to his mouth he bit down on it then tongue kissing the same spot as his eyes rolled in his head. His left hand gripped my waist as he buried himself deep inside of me and came. A chill ran down my spine as another orgasm hit.

The both of us trying to catch our breath was the only thing that was heard. Chris pulled out and laid next to me.

"Man." He shook his head. "I was really about to let that good ass pussy slip through my fingers. Such a fool."

"No you a fool for thinking that I was about to let another bitch get some of this." I gripped his dick while laughing and rolling over to him. "Come home, please?"

"My stuff already outside."

"Perfect." I smiled before kissing his lips. "I love you."

"I love you."

Omniscient

There was still things to be fixed and a lot to be talked about but Chris missed this feeling. He loves Mya but the betrayal hurt him to the core. As long as they were apart, he stayed in his own mind, convincing himself that leaving her was the right thing to do. But if the separation would've happened, he would've lost himself even more.

Mya was fast asleep on his chest. They decided to fly to Virginia to be with his mom and the kids in the morning.

Scrolling through his phone, he came across a post of Mya walking into the building where their meeting was. The worry was all in her eyes.

He decided to put this all to rest.

Chris posted a boomerang Mya took of her sucking the tip of his tongue before she fell asleep, with the caption 'false alarm'

And of course it spread like wildfire. Many people thought it was old and he was just trying to distract them.

Laughing, he opened the camera and started recording. "This in real time." Leaning over he kissed Mya's cheek over and over, then posted it to his story.

He knows there's nothing to prove to strangers but he had to. Today was a mistake but they'll just learn and grow from this.

They always bounce back.

———————

Whew, glad that's over! Now let's get this party started.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 332 31
❛And I've been looking for the feeling, looking all my life Boy, you give it to me every time❜ Five girls go to Miami for a long holiday and end up b...
114K 5.3K 57
They were each other's drug, the only choice was to relapse.
38.3K 1K 42
What happened after college for Wendy and Mikel and did they stay strong?Find out in the sequel to Drama Left and Right.
4.2K 261 53
Anthony and Rayna have been happy for a while. However, things start to stir up when things go a little haywire. Between family issues and making a b...