To Know You

De TheChristianPrincess

Lost in the world is a man known as Seth Zamuel. A woman in search of discovery. Olive White was the name sh... Mais

Dear Readers
✝️❤Dedication page❤✝️
Copy Rights
What Are The Readers Saying About To Know You?
🌼Welcome🌼
Revelation 21:4
Matthew 9:4-7
Psalm 8:3-4
Prologue
One: Seth
Two: Seth
Three: Seth
Four: Olive
Five: Seth
Six: Seth
Seven: Seth
Hebrews 11:6
Eight: Seth
Nine: Seth
Ten: Olive
Eleven: Seth
Twelve: Seth
Thirteen: Seth
Fourteen: Olive
Ephesians 6:13-17
Fifteen: Olive
Sixteen: Seth
Seventeen: Olive
Eighteen: Olive.
Nineteen: Seth
Twenty-One: Seth
Twenty-Two: Olive
Twenty-Three: Seth
Twenty-Four: Seth
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Awareness
To Love A Godly Man Series In Chronological Order
What's Next?

Twenty: Olive

89 28 4
De TheChristianPrincess

If possible, everyone was speechless as the slender brunette sauntered through the door and into the foyer. She was oddly calm as if this was a normal Friday night for her and she had just entered a bar instead of a million-dollar mansion. 

"I imagine this is quite shocking to you, but I have the papers to prove that our DNA matches as siblings." 

Vintage black cat-eye sunglass hid the color of her eyes from my view; however, I was able to take in the red, square headscarf in which was fastened underneath her chin. And the black, square neck dress that showcased her bare arms and her legs up to an inch past her knees. She looked to have walked right out of the fifties for all she was missing was a cigarette between her gloved fingers.

Her red plumps clicked against the marbled ground as she entered and slowly spun around, fully taking in the beauty of the manner. 

"My, my, brother, haven't you done well." She spoke as if she was condemning him and stating a fact at the same time. Her voice was sweet as honey, as it was tainted with an airy southern accent and so it sounded like sugar when it was intended as salt. 

I cast a nervous glance to Seth for up to now he has been as silent as the moon. But there he stood, only feet away he held a vexed expression as if he couldn't decide rather, he should choose this moment to place his hands on the woman and throw her out or to accept her as his sister as she claims to be. 

But like always his true emotions were shielded behind that stone wall within and oh how I desired for it's walls to crumble to ash ...

"Umm dear?" Breaking the tension, Nakawa stepped forward out of the group of maids who seemed to have huddled together when Seth had so passionately gathered me in his arms and ravished my lips as if he had deemed, they belonged to him. My lips were still tingling from the roughness of his tongue and teeth.

The women shared whispers from one ear to another and their words were lost upon my own ears for I was too confused to focus on such useless gossip.

"Yes?" Chaya seemed rather annoyed that the focus was being directed off of Seth for she appeared to be a determined woman on a mission and was rather annoyed to have been side-tracked.

"Well, you said you had the papers to prove your claims, May I please see them?" 

Exhaling, Chaya reaches into her brown leather satchel and after only a few moments she withdraws her hand and in them are a few documents. However, as if acting in defiance she pushes past Nakawa and instead delivers them into Seth's enclosed arms. Adjusting the papers into his hands, he begins to silently read them with very narrowed eyes while Chaya begins to speak with a sense of boredom as if she would rather be painting her nails then dealing with Seth. 

"Our parents are Dee and Richard Smith. Highschool sweethearts who decided to not wait till marriage and had you at the tender age of sixteen. Dee was the daughter of a pastor and Richard was on a one-way-ticket to an NFL football career, as you can tell there was no room for children at the time." She pauses to bite her lower lip as if she did not even want to stomach the next words, "Their lives were already planned out for them by their parents and even they're relationship was a secret. Dee expressed to our Aunt Joe, that she did not want to give you up and even stated that she would sell her own heart to keep you. For a life without her child was a life not meant to have a heart." 

I inched closer to Seth for everyone was listening to her story as if she had just stolen it from a lost novel long forgotten on the shelf of a library and I desired to huddle close to someone I loved to listen to it. 

"She managed to hide her pregnancy until she went into labor and as Richard was helping her into the hospital both of their parents showed up and forced them apart. Because Dee was underage her parents put you up for adoption and Dee's heart was broken. Afterwards, Dee and Richard made the decision that if they wanted to be together forever, they needed to run away to somewhere where no one knew them and where no one could determine how they lived their lives and who they could love. So, they left Nashville and ran away to New-York City." 

Seth's hand found mine and embraced it tightly as if he was starting to feel emotions, he wished he wasn't, and I wondered if that great wall within him was finally starting to crumble. 

Sighing, Chaya's expression hardened as if it were ice, "My story doesn't matter but before you even think I had a perfect life I'll have you know I spent ten years in foster care, and they were anything but heaven." 

"What did the documents say?" I whisper while gently tugging on Seth's arm and completely ignoring Chaya's cold statement. 

As if sensing a threat Chaya's eyes sliced towards me and looked me up and down for what seemed to be the first time. Therefore, to no surprise her eyes lingered on my expanded abdomen with guarded eyes. 

Tsking her tongue, she mumbled, "I wasn't aware you had truly built a life for yourself, dear brother."   

"Was I supposed to just be frozen in time until leeches such as yourself finally found me, sister." For the first time since Chaya entered the manner, Seth spoke with sinister words for he was angry and that was obvious. 

Instead of answering my question he simply dumped the papers into my arms and even though I was flustered, I managed to gather them into my hands and briefly read them. 

%100 match...

My eyes flickered bewildered between Seth and Chaya for I was shocked that he had a sister and did not tell me about her but then again, he didn't even know he had a sister! The longer my eyes studied them the more similarities I found. Their light tan skin to their hair, only hers was a natural caramel brown rather as Seth's was a rich dark chocolate brown. Beyond outer similarities I could also sense she was a very stubborn and confident person who was not used to being bossed around.

Like someone else I know very well....

"And by the way I wasn't put up for adoption, I was left to die when I was only a few days old in a basket by a dumpster." Like a beast would capture prey and devour it for survival, Seth has captured anger and instead was draining it of its lively hood for survival. 

However, Chaya did not back down from his tone and even took a threatening step forward, "I apologize for the misconception but the last time I was told of such of events was when I was eight years old and by our Aunt Joe on her deathbed."

There was an undertone to her words, but I didn't dare to question her and instead just simply clutched Seth's arm giving him my full support even if I did not utter the words. For to utter the words would be to have courage and in this very moment I lacked courage and only held confusion. 

"How did you get my DNA." He growled and all-but shook me off his arm. I tried to hide the hurt from my face as I quickly covered it up with a smile before backing away to stand with the maids because that's truly where I do belong. 

I'm simply the hired help and nothing more...

Tightly forming his arms over his chest, he took a step closer to Chaya as if to silently say that he was not afraid of her no matter how much she wanted him to be. It was like watching a lion and hyena fight over territory. 

One was too mouthy for its own good and other the was too hell-bent on winning to care what tactics he used to win.

"Oh, dear brother, it's the twentieth century you leave you're DNA everywhere you go... Even on wine glasses at Italian restaurants." Laughing drying she too crossed her arms over her chest to almost mock Seth's rigid form. 

"Do not call me brother, again until you have earned my respect because for all I know you faked these documents and are only after my money!"

The mere thought of her seeing us together in such a private moment sent shivers down my spine and not in the good way. The deep-rooted fear of her knowing Cheyenna and telling her about what Seth had done with me was something that scared me more than death. For death was only concerned about me, but if the news got out then it would Seth who would become the center of attention and I just simply could not live with myself knowing that I ruined his life.

But I fear I cannot stop what we have begun even if I wanted to...

With a tight frown Chaya stepped even closer to Seth and jabbed her finger into his chest, "Call me a gold-digger, go on, I know it's what you're thinking I am. I mean truly Seth what other reason would a sister seek out her long-lost brother, totally not to try and be a family that we both never had!" 

For the first time I saw pain flash across her expression as if she felt that his words were already rejecting her before she even got a chance to present her case to him. And I would be a liar if I said I did not feel sorry for her. In that moment I wanted to step between them and try to get Seth to at least let her stay for a few hours and at least try to get to know her. But from the tempestuous expression locked upon his features I thought better of it then to try and be the water to two flaming fires. 

They have to cool down eventually.... right?

"You know Dear, she could always come with us to Vermont and that way you can get to know her better." It was Nakawa who spoke and offered a kind smile to Chaya who's frown only deepened as if she was not used to such free kindness. 

For this world rarely ever offers kindness without a price tag...

"Oh no she is not!" Seth roared and backed away from Chaya as if she was the newest outbreak of ill-ness among the earth. 

"Seth, come on, it would kind of fun to get to know your sister." Voice as soft as a mother's voice, I approached them again and wrapped my arms around Seth's arm with a gentle squeeze.  

As if agreeing with me, Chaya's candy-red stained lips turned up into a tight smirk, "Yes, brother, listen to your wife and let me come with y'all, it'll be a fun little family vacation who know the ones we never had." 

"She's not my wife."

"I'm not his wife."

Seth and I echoed at the same time as if the maids had not just caught us in a steamy embrace only minutes ago. But truth be told, we weren't wife and husband, we weren't even a couple at all, we are simply playing a dangerous game in which could seal our fates in hell. 

However, the words did sting like bee to my heart for I truly wanted to be something more, but Seth was not laying down the foundation for us and instead would leave me wondering just to what we are for he seemed rather pleased to continue to play the game instead of winning it. 

It seemed to not matter what our relationship status was to Chaya for she shrugged her shoulders, "It would be nice to come with y'all, I mean I've spent the last two days in my car driving here and I swear my back as never felt older." 

Taking a deep breath, Seth gripped his hair tightly and I feared he might just ripe it out.  

"This is a terrible idea, for all we know she is a psychopath who actually killed my biologize sister and is wearing her skin!" Seth did not care that Chaya could hear him as he shouted and threw his hands around like a crazy man who just escaped from the loony bin.

My puppy dog eyes fell upon him as I tugged on his arm and with a very loud sigh he muttered out, "Fine she can come with us, but don't come crying to me when she skins you all alive and makes customs out of you, oh wait you won't be able to because you'll be dead!" 

Like a moody lion he turned and stormed up the stairs while mumbling how this is how every horror movie begins but before he reached the first landing he shouted, "And we're leaving tomorrow!" 

Joy filled me for that means instead of arriving on Thanksgiving we'd arrive tomorrow night and that would give us more time to bask in Vermont's beauty.

After an awkward moment, I clasp my hands together, "Well come on, I'll show you to your room for the night." I begin to climb the stairs as all that's left of Seth is his ghost for, he disappeared down his hallway and soon the sound of a door slamming could be heard. 

"Blanche, can you please get Chaya's bags from her car?" I don't wait for an answer as Chaya begins to trudge up the stairs after me. 

"Well, I'm Olive White and the little bundle of joy in my belly does not have a name yet but Seth did suggest the name Rah'chayl Odette and even though I hate when he's right, the name is actually starting grow on me. I mean it's beautiful, unique, and mystical, it's nearly the perfect name."

Without much thought my hands gingerly rub my belly for I used to hate this child but as the weeks have gone on, the more I have fallen in love with it.

I could do without the morning sickness though...

"Sounds lovely." Chaya's words were dryer than sand as we reached the third floor and began to saunter down the darkened hallway. The smell of fresh paint burned my nose as we approached the last three rooms. I shook my head in confusion for I did not remember having any repairs down on the manner since I've arrived here. Nevertheless, I bite my lip and shake my head for I have other things to focus on than the smell of fresh paint so with a sigh I walked straight past the two rooms with closed doors and gently opened the third room.

It was a simple room with plain tan walls and white bedding, there was truly nothing special about it but for now it will have to do for tonight. 

"There's a bathroom down the hall with fresh towels if you wish to take a shower before dinner and dinner is always served at five-thirty so don't be late-"

The words stilled upon my tongue for as Chaya moved around me and entered into the room, she removed the sunglasses from her eyes and the mere sight of her heterochromia eyes stole the breath from within my very lungs. 

Noticing my shocked expression, Chaya laughed dryly, "You know in foster care the other children used to point at me and say, 'look she's a witch'. When I got older, the bullies would taunt me and say that I'm lucky the Salem witch trials are over because they would love to see me burned at the stake for my freak-like appearance." 

"I'm so sorry." I breathed out still shocked from her different colored eyes.

One grey and one pine green...

If she'd only taken her sunglasses off sooner, then truly there would be no reason to have shown the DNA documents for her grey eye is proof enough that she is Seth's sister. 

"Don't be, it was six years ago and if we mourned over every depressing thing in our lives then we would never be happy, and the smile God gave us would be useless." 

As I awkwardly leaned against the door frame, she took a seat at the end of the bed while cradling her satchel in her lap. 

"If you don't mind me asking...umm, how did you get Seth's DNA from the restaurant?" 

It wasn't like she was our waitress for I would've recognize her the moment I opened the door for she had an appearance worth remembering. She wasn't overly beautiful nor was she simply plain. She held many sharp features to her oval face and her medium length hair was filled with natural beach waves. As well as her cheeks appeared to have been dusted with freckles like fresh powdery snow. 

"I signed a few autographs." She mumbled while unclasping her head-scurf before gently folding it and laying it behind her on the bed along with her sunglasses.

"What?" I asked with raised eyebrows. 

Sighing, she glares at me, "I used to be an author, so when I followed the lead to the restaurant, I had to sign a few autographs for the waitresses to give me the glass and then I had the DNA tested." 

Her words sounded more bitter than a lime for she appeared to be disgusted with herself for even holding the title of an author. 

Curious as a cat, I peered at her, "Really? What books did you write?"

She continued to glare at me while gaining an indignation expression as if she would rather be run over by a car multiple times then discuss her career. "Spring's Love, Summer's Joy, and Fall's Sadness." 

My eyes nearly bulge out of my head as both joy and shock fill me for, I was not just simply speaking with Seth's long-lost sister but one of the most talented authors in the country. All three of her books were best sellers and she was a New-York-Times bestselling author since she was eighteen. I'd read all of her books, and they were truly an escape for my mind during my imprisonment. I surely must be one of her biggest fans and it truly disappointed me when she just suddenly stepped away from the spotlight two years ago and practically fell off the face of the earth.

It broke my heart when she never finished the series and many of her fans wondered what had happened to her, but now here she is, sitting only feet away from me. 

Sensing my joy she frowned, "If you will, please save the whole fan bull-crap. I'm not an author anymore and so I don't want to be treated as one."

My heart sank for how could a person with such great talent give it all up? What could possibly make a person abandoned their profession? 

Both my head and heart had only one answer.

Heartbreak, for how can you write about love when your own heart is as broken as shattered glass...

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

107K 5.1K 69
"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks like you parading your egos around. So...
159K 5.8K 42
Highest Ranking #512 in Romance The song itself held so much meaning to our situation, so I committed it to memory, remembering each step and exactly...
70.1K 11.7K 55
"Nevaeh you need to understand that life ain't a bed of roses. It has it's ups and downs but that doesn't mean you should blame God for that! Once in...