CALM IN HIS STORM

By HJwritesTK

THE SCHOOL SERIES- Book 1. Kim Taehyung rejoins the college after a terrible divorce; all set to start afresh... More

CHARACTERS
♡[1]♡
♡[2]♡
♡[3]♡
♡[4]♡
♡[5]♡
♡[6]♡
♡[7]♡
♡[8]♡
♡[9]♡
♡[10]♡
♡[11]♡
♡[12]♡
♡[13]♡
Very important
♡[14]♡
♡[15]♡
♡[16]♡
♡[17]♡
♡[18]♡
♡[19]♡
♡[20]♡
♡[21]♡
♡[22]♡

PROLOGUE

5.5K 125 16
By HJwritesTK

COPYRIGHT

Text copyright © HUMPI HJwritesTK 2023

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

This story is the product of the author's hard work and imagination. Kindly respect.

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME.

__

REGRET. The most dangerous feeling that kills you every second of your life.

It doesn't let you breathe. It suffocates you. It kills you slowly like the poison spreading in your nerves destroying every cell of your body.

The feeling only intensifies if it is about the person you love the most in the world. The person you care the most about, the person whom you put above yourself, the person whose smile lights up your whole world. The person's mere existence is enough to make you feel proud.

For Wonshik he is that person. The boy who gave him a new title. The most precious word that no one in the world can give. 'Appa.'

He still remembers the first time he held his baby Taehyung in his arms. It's unexplainable. The feeling makes your heart explode with happiness. It's euphoric.

He loves his wife so much. He never knew he could love someone a million times deeper than what he felt for his wife.

He can't even compare what he felt when the people around him gave him the title 'father' when his little munchkin entered the world.

His little almond eyes stared deeply into his father's, hypnotizing the man to love him more.

He still remembers how his baby smelled, it was heavenly. Wooshik was always content with what he had. He was a middle-class man, never greedy.

But now suddenly, he was greedy. Greedy to give the best for his son. He worked extra hard to provide for his son.

But more than anything he never missed spending time with his Tae. He gives him strength after a long tiring day.

The boxy smile on his face when he enters the house, followed by a giggle forces the tiredness out of him. Taehyung spends most of the time with his mother, but still, the pretty boy is biased towards his father.

After 15 years, his love was shared between Taehyung and his little unexpected guest brother.

Taehyung was 14 years old when his parents told him that he was going to have a little brother. They were scared of his reaction. They didn't plan the baby, they were already feeling complete with only Taehyung.

But Taehyung screamed in joy when he found out. He even announced to the whole neighborhood, whom he calls friends. That is almost everyone. Let's say The Kims didn't leave the house for a week in embarrassment.

He always treated his brother like another considering the age gap.

As Taehyung grew up, Wonshik got promoted from 'father' to a 'very proud father'.

Taehyung was an average student and we are not talking about his grades. Just the kind of person he turned out to be.

Most kind, loving, and beautiful, and on top of that he is an extreme extrovert. Everyone in their street loves Taehyung.

Wooshik was always jealous of them but he knows Tae loves Appa as much as Appa loves Tae. He likes all his friends- every single person he ever talked to.

But never in his dreams, had he expected his love to turn into a curse until now. His greediness to give the best for his son and to keep him close, destroyed his life.

Why did he do that? Was he punished for his selfishness? Now the only emotion he was feeling was regret.

His Taehyung was barely 21 when he got him married to his best friend's son. They belonged to high society. Not millionaires but not middle class either.

He thought his son would be happy considering it was his friend's son. He didn't want Taehyung to get married so soon when his friend asked for his hand.

But he thought he wouldn't be able to find someone who could assure him that Taehyung would be happy. So, he had to accept. His protective side kicked in and he accepted.

He wouldn't be in this position right now if Taehyung was not so good. Why did he have to be so nice and kind, that he blindly said okay to his father's decision? Not even a single expression of protest.

He felt his heart crushed when he recalled those four words from his son. 'I TRUST YOU, APPA.'

Was it his fault that he trusted his father? And yet he never once blamed him, not even now.

Right now, Wonshik's legs and hands were shivering recalling the condition his son was in, a few hours ago.

He saw fear, he saw sadness, he saw anger. What broke him the most was when he saw helplessness. He should never feel helpless when his Appa is still alive.

The bruises on his face and body, and the way he was limping gave away that there were more wounds beneath the clothing. His skin attached to his bones, probably due to the lack of food and the amount of work.

His eyes were surrounded with dark circles, puffiness being the proof of the amount of tears his almond eyes shed. The same eyes that made him fall in love with him at first sight. He shouldn't have listened to Taehyung when he told him not to visit. He should've forced Taehyung to come home.

But he didn't, even though he missed him like hell. He thought he was happy and he didn't want to ruin it. Only if he knew just how much he was suffering.

His son was indeed a great actor. How did he mask all the feelings and talk cheerfully on the phone like he was not dying every single day? He knows Taehyung didn't want to worry them, but isn't his life more important than his family getting worried?

He shouldn't feel any other feeling that Regret but he was feeling something more than Regret.

He was feeling PROUD.

He was proud that more than being kind, more than being nice, Kim Taehyung son of Kim Wonshik was the strongest person, and that made him proud.

He is proud that he is Taehyung's father. He has never seen or met someone as strong as his son, who even after all the suffering stood with his head held high.

Wonshik knows how much Taehyung is suffering inside when he hears these words.

'I am Kim Wonshik's son. I am not that weak.'

He wiped his tears as he looked at Taehyung's figure who was in deep slumber, nuzzling more into his mother's chest, feeling safe. He was having a peaceful sleep after 2 torturous years, 1 year to be exact.

Taehyung's marriage was never wonderful. His life was just going on. He thought it was normal though he craved love like he saw between his parents. He never got to witness love.

He lost his virginity to his husband. It was like he was just doing his duty. But he never complained. He suffered verbal abuse after 6 months of their marriage that slowly grew into physical. He lost count of how many times he was brutally raped by his husband. 

The uncountable times he cleaned the blood flowed to his thighs after the deed. He just couldn't take anymore, so he called the police as soon as he reached home from the hospital. When they arrived his husband was caught red-handed hitting Taehyung with a belt for leaving the house without informing him. It made it easy for Taehyung to put him behind bars, the police being the witness.

The police informed his parents who rushed to the place and were shocked to see his son in that condition, sobbing hard, shivering in one of the officers ' hands.

Getting a call in the middle of the night itself was scary. Imagine how his parents might've felt when they heard the police. They didn't even doubt Taehyung's relationship with his husband. They masked it so well.

Taehyung ran to his Appa as soon as he saw him and sobbed hysterically. He let go of all his emotions. He felt hope when he saw his Appa. Everything after that went in a blur until Taehyung reached home and slept with his parents.

Right now, Wonshik needs to push away his regrets. He needs to focus on Tae and his happiness. From today, no one will talk about that monster who ruined his son's life and he will make sure he stays in prison as long as possible.

6 months later:

The pain was gone along with the scars on his body. Everything was back to normal.

It's like Taehyung never got married. That phase felt like a dream, a nightmare. This proves Taehyung was indeed very strong.

He is not going to live his life like some damsel in distress. He is going to live his life happily. That itself is a slap to the people who caused his suffering. And he was genuinely happy and completely moved on from the past.

He smiled brightly as he got down the stairs and ran towards his father. It is his daily routine. His father should be the first person he sees every morning.

He hugged Wonshik from behind and kissed his cheeks. "Good morning, Appa!!!"

"Morning, Tae." He spoke smiling widely, putting his new paper away. He cut a piece of pancake from his plate and started feeding his son. He chewed on it with his pouty lips.

"I will give him his breakfast. You have yours first. Aren't you getting late?" Wonshik glared at his wife and continued to feed Taehyung, wiping his lips now and then.

"You are just jealous of me."

She rolled her eyes shaking her head and continued making pancakes. Taehyung giggled looking at his mom. He walked to the kitchen and hugged her from behind. "Good morning, Eomma."

"You just don't want me to feel bad." She spoke with a pout. He pecked her cheek and rested his head on her shoulder.

"You know I love you." Somin smiled and nodded, kissing on top of his head. Taehyung raised his head from his mother's shoulder and spoke in a loud voice.

"Eomma come to the living room, I need to talk to you and Appa." Somin frowned and looked at Wonshik who shrugged his shoulders not knowing what he was going to talk about.

After they settled on the sofa in the long room, Taehyung kneeled in front of them and held their hands. "Here goes nothing." Somin and Wonshik looked at each other with frowned eyebrows then back at Taehyung.

He took a deep breath and started. "I want to continue my studies."

Wonshik smiled and cupped his cheek. "You were nervous about this? You scared me. Of course, Appa will give you whatever you want." 

"Eomma too." His mother said kissing his knuckles lovingly. Taehyung smiled at them gratefully as his eyes glistened with tears. He hugged them, crushing their necks, and kissed on his hair.

Taehyung pulled away and spoke. "Only two days for me to apply for my university Appa. We need to make it fast. The next application starts after 5 months."

Wonshik thought for a moment and spoke. "Appa will suggest something. You can say 'no' if you want."

Taehyung nodded giving him a reassuring smile. "We will leave Daegu and start afresh. I will request for a transfer to Seoul. I want you to study in the best university."

"I think that's a great idea Appa. All of us need a change. I agree."

"But Appa needs some time to transfer. So, is it okay if you start next year, after 6 months?" Taehyung nodded with a smile.

"That'll give me time to prepare my mind too. Even I felt like I was rushing. Even yongie needs to transfer schools and adjust." He finished nodding to himself and ran to his Taeyong's room to talk about it. He knows his Yongie baby is very understanding.

Somin let out a deep sigh and leaned her head on her husband's shoulder who kissed her forehead and gave an assuring squeeze to her hand.

Both of them hope this new change will bring more happiness and peace to their precious son.

__

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.3K 5.9K 48
Kim Taehyung the ceo of Kim cooperation have everything anyone ask for loving parent, understanding friends, a big company which he stand it on, his...
23.7K 1.5K 32
Taekook Story Jeon Jungkook the Mafia king 👑 , ruthless,beast and a total devil 😈 OTHER SIDE Kim Taehyung a beautiful, cute , innocent cafe owner ☕...
7.6K 327 16
What if like Naira akshi also left home.Kaira are alive in this story and Aru is there daughter.But Akshu doesn't hates Naira but she left due to the...