Overcoming Our Obstacles Shot...

By LisaLove765

Sequel to Your Left Eye, My Right Arm, please read that first! So 5 long weeks after Momo was transferred is... More

Ch 1. Shocking Warmth
Ch 2. But Your Words And Actions Dont Line Up...
Ch 3. Timing Couldn't Be Worse
A/N Apologies From My Drunk Editor
Ch 4. Lies.
Sorta Just Spamming Ya
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ
Ch 5. Surprises, Surprises...
Im sorry
Face Reveal
Ch 6. Yeah, But Why?
Ch 7. Give A Big Welcome To 'Family'
A/N
...well.. hi.
Ch.8 I Dunno (draft)
A Big Ol' Thank You
About 9 or so Months
At a loss for words
A Formal Apology
FILLER!!!!
Ch. 9 Surprise Gift Shopping
Ch. 10 Rei Todoroki
Ch. 11 Crying before Christmas (idfk)
Ch. 12 Christmas Morning
Ch. 13 Every Quirk Has Its Drawbacks
Ch. 14 So This Is The True Pain Of A Soulmate
Ch. 15 Processing False Hopes
Ch. 16 Worry
Ch. 17 Awake
CLOSED MOUTHS DO NOT GET FED!
Ch.18 Explosive
Ch.19 A Brief Peace
Sorry
Ch. 20 Dabi's Fuck Up
Ch.21 Late Night Anime
Ch. 23 Swap
Ch. 24 Selfish Envy
Ch. 25 One Final Practice
My Shoto Art(+ Redraw of the Cover!)
Ch. 26 Beauty And The...Demon? Pt1
Ch. 27 Beauty And The... Demon? Pt2
A/N Few Questions
Ch. 28 Beauty And The... Demon? Pt3
Ch. 29 Beauty And The... Demon? Pt4
MINI BREAK

Ch. 22 Plethora Of Events

43 2 0
By LisaLove765

Hello guys! Back again of course, my updating schedule is still every two weeks! But I failed to let you know my job changed my days off, so now they are Friday and Saturday. Works stressful cause I still work 10 hour days for the most part. And two of my scheduled days I have the possibility of not working. I'm so sorry, because this stress has made it really difficult and I'm losing motivation again. BUT DON'T WORRY! I still have 3 more chapters I can post. That gives me a month to get out of my funk. Thank you for all you guys do. I mean it. My readers are still my world.

~LisaLove765 

(Y/n)' POV

Putting together the large gun once again. I glanced at the clock, excited to see that I had successfully taken it apart and put it back together for this training day. "(H/n), you finally got the weapon apart and together." Aizawa's rough voice spoke up, and I turned to him happily.
"Yeah! I'm gonna try to do so without instructions next time." I answered, bouncing in my seat. Hoping up, I grinned.
"Actually, if you don't mind, I rather this training time be used for other parts of your quirk. We can train one on one with that. Would you mind the extra study time?" After listening to his idea, I hummed and nodded.
"Yeah, totally!" He nodded and grabbed the gun from the table, examining it.
"Well done." He muttered, walking away. His praise, no matter how short-lived, boosted me, and I skipped over to Kirishima and Bakugo.
"Yoooo!!! How's it going?" I fist bumped the redhead as a response.
"We only have about 5 minutes before we're gonna be told to get changed. Would you guys train with me?"
"Us both? Wanna die?!" Matching Bakugo's energy quickly, I smirked, running my tongue over my teeth.
"I've already knocked on death's door, you don't scare me." His characteristic 'hah' he breathed out, as he was quick to throw himself into the air, had be the funniest thing, for the fact its damn near his catchphrase. Kiri ran at me as I had been focused on the blonde, but I was quick to change my arm into my shield, parraying his jest and flinging him a foot from me with the force of my swing. Watching as Bakugo had been coming down, his palm lighting up, I backflipped away, groaning as he still aimed the blast my way, knocking me off cilt. A figure ran out of the smoke towards me, and I turned my hands into two weapons; a surujin, and a bat. Smirking as I noticed their fumbling, I used the bat, and knocked them in their side, gasping as Kiri hardened and reached out for me.
"Gotcha!" Yelping, I moved just fast enough to be grazed by his rocked skin.
"Fuck-" I muttered, jumping back and wrapping the surujin around him and flinging with all my might. When he lifted off the ground, he let out a worried sound. It was only one second later that I realized I truly let my biggest opponent go unattended.
"Die!" I was grabbed by the shoulders and lifted into the air, explosions casting my take off with more speed and air.
"Fuck you!!" I yelled back, actually panicking as I stopped going up and started to fall back down. I could see the rescue girls start running my way, but shifted into a dragon instead, gently landing. Changing back, I dropped onto my ass, panting. "Dick move, Bakugo. You win." I gasped out.
"Everyone, go change already!" Blushing profusely, I went to go stand, peering up at the blonde as he outstretched his hand for me.
"You didn't suck too bad." He muttered, helping me up.
"Thanks-"
"Baku! You're getting better!!" Watching the couple walk away, I smiled and made my way to the girls' changing room.
"You sure went flying." Laughing at Tsu's blunt observation, I nodded.
"Bakugo is a strong opponent." I replied, thanking Uraraka as she was quick to unzip my hero costume. Us girls talked while getting changed, laughing as we piled out of the room.
"(Y/n)." Looking at Shoto, I nodded to the girls.
"I'm gonna go." Winking at the group, I walked off with Shoto. "What's up?"

"What's this?" I gazed at the clearing in the trees out back as we stepped into it. The sun just barely coasted through, red blaring bright.
"Uhh... Well, some of our classmates told me that a nice way to practice might be like this?" Laughing at his confused face, I turned back towards the clearing.
"Well, okay then." Humming, I pulled out my phone, glancing at him briefly as he stepped over, leaning over my shoulder. Clicking a playlist on Spotify titled 'Songs to Dance to', I looked at him. Music drifting between us seemed to make him understand, and he straightened, holding out his arm. Blushing, I linked my arm with his, following his lead into the clearing. Getting into the stance Mina basically stomped into my head, I let Shoto take the lead.
"My foot." Blushing hard, I looked down at our feet, keeping a steady look on them, trying to memorize his movements so I wouldn't have to look at them later. My hands tightened in their position, and I glanced up at him, his eyes trained on me. Meeting his gaze was short-lived as he was quick to avert his eyes, fumbling the steps. Laughing it off, we straightened again. And kept trying.

Spending what seemed like an hour and a half trying over and over again seemed futile.
"Shoto, it's getting late." He nodded and I pulled my phone out, shutting the music off. He took my hand with his right as he started leading me through the trees, lighting his left hand up. Smiling at his action, I giggled some.
"What?" Lacing my fingers with his, I motioned to his left hand.
"Just sweet of you to make sure we get through the trees." I teased.
"Well, it's the smartest course of action, seeing as it's dark." Sighing at his clueless behavior, I just smiled.
"Yeah, totally." Rolling my eyes, I focused on walking. As we stepped up to the door, it swung open, Aizawa standing there.
"You two missed dinner."
"S-so sorry, sir!! Shoto thought we should practice ballroom dancing some more." Bowing, in embarrassment, I peeked up at him.
"Just be better on timing, get in." He moved aside and we hurried through the door. "Eat, foods still in the kitchen, then get to bed." Nodding, I dragged Shoto with me to the kitchen.
"Yikes." I mumbled, making plates. It was quiet between us before Shoto took his plate.
"He can be such a hardass." At his blunt statement I laughed, sitting down at the table with him. He joined me with a quiet chuckle, and we ate in silence after that.
"Thank you, Shoto." I whispered, standing outside my dorm room. "Uh, wanna stay over tonight?"
"No, I don't want him pissy tomorrow." His lips quirked up, and he kissed my head. "Sleep well, (Y/n)." Blushing deeply, I smiled back at him.
"Yes! Sweet dreams, Shoto." Stepping into my room, I gingerly waved at him as I shut the door. What is this? Covering my face, I blindly went to my bed and collapsed, not even daring to change my clothes. Oh my goodness... have we just normalized kissing and cuddling? It can be platonic, but my god-

~skip~
After my sleepless night, and my class time filled with either watching Shoto or catching him watching me, I was ready for lunch. "Missed you at dinner last night." Uraraka nudged me while we stood in line.
"Oh, yeah, I'm sure you know why? He said the idea came from classmates." Intending on not just openingly saying I spent about two hours dancing and laughing with Shoto, I hoped she had been part of the team.
"Nope! Anyway, it involved Shoto, cause he was gone too~" At her teasing, I flushed.
"Stoooop-" I whined jokingly. "Anyway, you're actually gonna miss me at lunch, too. After I get my food." I commented, finally at my turn. "(F/f), please."
"Wait, why?" Taking my tray, I smiled at her.
"I'm gonna go see Present Mic. He's my teacher parent." I explained. She nodded and followed me.
"Are you leaving Shoto with us?" Nodding, I leaned in to her ear.
"I'm trying to escape him, actually." She laughed, rolling her eyes, and we parted ways. "See you after lunch!" Humming as I walked down the hallway, I nodded to some kids as I walked by. It seemed the bullying I dealt with had decreased since I joined the hero course, which was odd, I thought others didn't really like the class due to the changes in policies from them. It's probably just you being around more accepting people so bullies don't fuck with you. Nodding along with the voice in my head, I turned down the corridor. Aizawa passed me, giving me a scrutinizing look, and I smiled, waving.
"(L/n)! I haven't seen you in a while, come in!!" Mic had been outside his door, yelling as he caught me. Grinning, I sped up, passing him into his classroom.
"Good afternoon, Present Mic!" He sat down at the chair opposing me, take out in his hand. "Is that why Mr. Aizawa was over here?" He nodded, pulling out chopsticks and immediately slurping his noodles. Laughing, I ate on my food.
"What's up, buttercup?" Laughing, I dragged my hand down my face.
"Please no-" I started, sighing. "Actually, nothing bad... Well, I have had a stockpile of stuff." He nodded, eating more of his food.
"We have plenty time." He mentioned, mouth full. I looked at my arm, thankful that Recovery Girl got to me in enough time to heal what would have been another scar.
"After I got out of the hospital, right? It was about four days into me being back when the league attacked. And Dabi told me some... problematic things, and I don't know what to tell Shoto." He perked up, sitting his food down. "....uh... Shoto is his brother? And he wanted to torture me just to put him in pain. I don't think I should tell him. He thinks he's dead. Anyway, it frustrated me, not getting any breaks. Nothing good occurring since break ended, and I totally wrecked him. I snapped, I didn't like that he was threatening Shoto." I rambled, sighing.
"No, you probably shouldn't tell him, but I will be telling other pros about this, okay?" Nodding solemnly, I sighed again. Something in me had hoped he would have said to tell him, then again, Shoto hasn't had a therapy session in a while and it could really hurt him, so I wasn't going to push. "Anything else?"
"Oh, well, since I've come back I'm learning good things for my quirk. And I'm training hard. And Shoto and I are practicing ballroom dancing for the play in a couple months- That's another thing. I hadn't quite noticed how easily we just hold hands and whatnot. It's startling that he would just kiss my head before telling me goodnight. But like, I've done the exact thing to him. I'd just blindly kiss his head when he's having an episode. I know people do this sort of thing platonically, but being aware that I have feelings for him makes it so weird now that I see we're doing it." I ended in a squeak, blushing profusely. Deciding to ignore what I just said, I started eating.
"You guys are really just testing boundaries, probably? I'm not sure what you two are, but if it's not broken, don't fix it." Laughing as I was caught off guard, I inhaled food, coughing.
"Are you sure? Gosh, it's so embarrassing that we just.... Automatically find each other in our daily things. And he admitted to being jealous. How can someone be jealous if they're not dating?" Huffing, I sighed. "But I wish... that it's okay. Because I don't want to force him into a relationship but... I do.. like the attention." Covering my blushing face, I let out a deep aggravated sound, holding back a laugh as Mic had proceeded to slurp on his noodles once more.
"Yeah, you're just fine, (Y/n)." Nodding, I smiled some, before patting my cheeks lightly.
"Shoto's also staring at me more often." I admitted.
"And how do you know?" Blushing once more, I looked away. "Ahhh, to be a teen in love again." Side eyeing him, I frowned, unable to blush deeper than I was. But I would rather be teased by him than my own folks.. Lunch finished up with us chatting about other things, like the plays coming up. He opened his door for me smiling. "Well, Miss (L/n), have a good rest of your day!"
"You as well, Present Mic!" Taking the conversation into account, I wasn't surprised to see Shoto waiting around the entrance to the cafeteria.
"I'll take that." Scoffing as he was quick to take my tray and leave, I just smiled at him. One things for sure, I can't just call him my friend...

2110 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 515 66
~My baby, here on earth, showed me what my heart was worth.~ An Izuku Midoriya x Todoroki Reader... All original MHA plot lines and characters go str...
12.6K 286 28
"Somehow I can trust him..." "My heart began to beat fastly, but at the same time it ached pretty bad." "I did it so I could protect them!" "I will...
15.8K 401 11
-as a student who transferred into university in the middle of the year for classified reasons, y/n struggles to fit the expectations that are set...
124K 4.9K 19
disclaimer: don't read if you're very.. uH... sensitive? i don't wanna spoil anything so.. just a warning! todoroki fell in love with momo, and so di...