The Last (TFP x reader Fanfic)

By Just_Another_IDK

You are far from human. You're not a mutant, super-human, or anything that constitutes being extraordinary. ... More

Shadow and Wind
Rise of The Dead
Return to Griffin Rock
Never Have, Never Will Lose a Fight
The Fast and The 'Fur' - ious
Humans and Other Humans
The Spider
Castaways
When Work Comes Home
Temper
Sixth Sense
Keeping Cody Out of Danger
The Cave In
Those at Our Side
Rebuilding Burnt Bridges
Prophecy
Rising Darkness
Discord
Siding with the lesser evil is still siding with Evil
Sharper than Knives

Shaken Up

479 23 5
By Just_Another_IDK

"So, she hasn't come back yet?" Jack asked as he and Arcee drove back to base after school.

Since the incident at MECH no one had seen hide nor hair of you, you didn't bother calling base either, "I hate to say it Jack, but this is normal, for reasons unbeknownst to us the cat just vanishes," Arcee replied. You hadn't been hurt or anything so sooner or later she knew you'd come back.

"But why? Mum and I just want to thank her for the save and now that my mum knows (y/n) can be a bit freer," Jack blabbered. There was a pit of guilt in his stomach. But he had good reason. Of course, a jolt of fear went through him when you had walked out of the shadows covered in blood. You reacted indifferently but after that initial contact you said nothing to him or June, you just dropped off the face of the Earth.

"I don't know why that cat does the things it does but what I do know is that it won't last forever, (y/n) will come back," Arcee reasoned.

"What's your story with her anyway? Out of all the other bots you got it easy when it come to her temper," Jack asked. Now that he thought about it, (y/n) and Arcee were very alike.

"I raised her."

You didn't know where you were flying but when you landed it was clear where you subconsciously went.

Home.

Griffin Rock.

Dawn was slowly creeping over the horizon and you stepped inside, tip toeing through the house. It's be a few hours before anyone was awake.

A sandwich would be nice right about now. You walked into the kitchen and you froze. Your hands were still covered with dried blood

"(y/n)?" A voice called out behind you. You froze. Scrap. You didn't want to be found like this, you didn't want any of them seeing you covered in blood.

"Hey what's wrong?" Dani asked. She grabbed your shoulders and spun you around. Your gaze went to the floor. "Who did this to you?" She gasped.

"It isn't mine," you muttered, you rubbed your arm nervously. Dani was silent but her eyes scanned over you, checking you over for any wounds.

She grabbed your wrist. "Come with me," she dragged you into the bathroom and switched on a light. She then filled the sink with warm water and wet a towel.

You didn't meet her eyes, she began to dab at your face, wiping off the blood that caked it. "I'm not a fool (y/n), you never tell anyone what you get up to on the mainland but after the morbot and you taking down the bots, it's clear that you..." she didn't finish her sentence, you knew what she meant.

"kill things for a living," you grumbled, finishing it off for her.

"Yeah that," she sighed. "And no one is here to judge you, you gotta do what you gotta do," she reasoned.

She then began to clean your hands in silence. You still felt bad, she didn't see the bodies nor how the blood dripped from your fangs. She should be scared, at any second you could bite her head off. She laid a hand on top of your head. "Do you still want that sandwich?" She asked.

You nodded and followed her back out to the kitchen, "you missed dad's birthday but I'm sure he'll just be happy now that you're back," Dani said.

You said nothing as you sat at the table whilst she made you a ham sandwich. "I won't tell anyone," she promised, "what you do on the mainland doesn't concern us, it's the no contact, showing up beaten or hurt that scares us, not you. We know what you're capable of and never have you shown to be a danger to our family, we love you, beast or not," Dani assured as she slid your sandwich to you and left.

Maybe that's what you needed to hear the most. You ate the sandwich in peace and this had to been the best sandwich you ever had. Mostly because you were feeling a bit better but you knew. They haven't seen the true monster. They've only seen you at your best, never at your worst.

You ran a hand through your hair. Your head hurt. The events of the night before flashed through your head. Last night was a roller coaster. You were peacefully sleeping until you were awoken by a jolt of fear and your soul told you to run.

It still sent chills down your spine. The sight to Arcee almost being killed shocked you to your core. The ultimatum of bullet to the head or let Arcee die was weighing heavily on you. It was you're life or hers and you didn't know how to choose so you didn't move.

You stared at the door that Dani had walked through. What would happen to them if you suddenly disappeared? If one day you just never came back? How would they react if you had died?

You suddenly didn't feel like finishing your sandwich. You got up and walked to your room, you just wanted to sleep. Napping for an entire day sounded nice and if it wasn't busy, you could take a nap in the sun.

You flopped onto your bed, your wings dangled off the side. You fell asleep as soon as you hit the pillow

The sun had risen long ago, it shone through a crack in your curtains. You stretched and nuzzled back into your pillow.

You loved sleep. Especially in your bed. But you thought it'd be best to make your presence known, say hi to Cody before he went to school. You stretched and flexed your wings.

You walked into the kitchen. Eggs, bacon, and toast was cooking. It was just your dad in the kitchen. You yawned as you sat at the table. "Morning dad," you yawned, "happy late birthday," you said.

"Thanks kiddo," he smiled as he served you some breakfast, "Dani told me you got home last night, what's up?" He asked. He was the only one that knew that you that you worked with team Prime and was aware of a couple other jobs. MECH was an issue if they were hunting for state-of-the-art tech, they may target griffin rock.

"I'm fine, I promise. I got into a scuff with a violent militia, they're on the hunt for new tech. At the moment they're hunting cybertronians to cut open. You should get doc to tighten security and keep publicity about the bots to a minimum," you suggested.

He nodded, "thanks for the tip, I'll pass it onto doc but it's not like something like this to bother you," he questioned as he sat across from you.

You sighed; he saw right through you. "I was nearly gunned down by them about a month ago, I'm recovering fine, hurts to move just a bit," you explained. That was primarily your greatest concern, you can usually handle yourself but when faced with that gun of theirs you were dead in the water. Your dad looked concerned, "I promise I'm fine, the bullets didn't go too far in and didn't hit anything vital, I'm okay," you assured.

"That's good to hear you're alright but you need to be more careful," he cautioned, you nodded. After last nights you could tell that there would be people that would miss you if you vanished and if you vanished you couldn't protect your family from your enemies. Chief Burns frown then became a smile.

"It's good to have you back and I know Cody had been missing you," he smiled.

You nodded, "catch ya later dad," you said over your shoulder as you shifted and headed into the garage.

Your paws were silent against the floor, you were planning in sneaking up on your brother and surprise him. You hoped that the elevator wouldn't give you away. Thankfully no one paid any attention to you as you stalked out. You were preparing to dash towards Cody but stopped. He was talking to one of his friends. You tried to recall her name. Frannie? Annie? Fran? Frankie. That's it. Her name was Frankie.

You jumped into the rafters on the roof, you'd just have to wait for her to go.

You grinned to yourself; you may have to hide but at least you didn't have to pretend to be a mindless hunk of metal. "Your family's robots can be my new stars," Frankie smiled. Stars? You then noticed the camera in her hand, you needed to be careful.

"Uh, better not, they're only supposed to be used for emergencies," Cody tried reasoning. You wanted to see this; you hoped that Frankie forced them to dance.

"This is an emergency, my movie's due in 2 days, I need to deliver something amazing," Frankie pleaded.

"Shoot whatever footage you need, I have all morning" Kade agreed as he walked over to Cody, Frankie and the bots. You rolled your eyes of course that arrogant, self-absorbed fool would want to be on camera.

"Thanks, Kade, but first I need some shots of your robot, can you make it turn into a fire engine?" Frankie requested. You sunk further into the shadows, you couldn't afford being caught on camera.

"Eh sure. Listen up bots! Frankie's in charge for now, do whatever she tells you to do," Kade instructed the bots as he walked off.

Frankie pointed the camera at the bots, "robots change into vehicles," she instructed.

They followed the order. You sniggered at them. Heatwave refused to transform he remained standing. Cody then gave Heatwave a pleading look and the red rescuebot transformed.

"They'll really do whatever I say? This is gonna be amazing." Frankie said in awe. You sat up with a grin, for you this was going to be entertaining.

Frankie then moved the bots outside. She gave them several different props. You struggled to stifle the laughter. After their failed attempt at dancing Frankie left with her dad.

"It's bad enough pretending to be robots but being humiliated for posterity?!" Heatwave scowled.

You leaped from your hiding place and sat at the door of the garage. "I wouldn't say just for posterity, that was the funniest thing I've seen all week," you sniggered.

"(y/n)! You're back!" Cody cheered as he ran over to you and wrapped his arms around your neck. You laid a paw on his back.

"See Heatwave, our video could get so many hits online!" Blades reasoned cheerily. It made your anger spike, a growl boomed from your throat as you pounced onto Blade pinning him to the ground.

"(y/n)! No!" Cody yelled.

"Think again Blades," you growled, you drew your claws and dragged them along the surface of Blade's metal skin as a warning, "because the moment you go viral is the moment I take your lives," you threatened, low enough so Cody couldn't hear you.

"(y/n)! Stand down!" Your dad yelled as he walked outside. You growled but got off of Blades. "How much did Frankie get on film?" your dad asked Cody.

"Nothing too revealing, mostly just the bots standing around," Cody replied.

"Well good," Your Dad turned around to face the bots, "it's imperative you four remain as undercover as possible, camera's make it difficult, but your true identities are to be protected at all costs," your dad reminded firmly. He then glanced at you, and you didn't care if they were friends or not, you'd shred any threat.

"That is what she said," Chase laughed monotonously. You shot the blue bot a glare, it wasn't the time to make a joke, especially if lives were on the line. You growled and shut him up.

"Apologies, I was trying to lighten the mood with some Earth humor," Chase said.

"We better watch some more comedies," Cody sighed, "I better get to school," he gave you a quick hug and waved you all goodbye.

"(y/n) that was uncalled for," your dad scolded. Your growl was low and frustrated, but you didn't say anything. "Apologize."

You were silent. You refused. You then saw energon drip from the scratches you left on Blades, you cut a little too deep, "I'm sorry," you grumbled. The bots look shocked, you snarled, you didn't want them to think you were nice, you roared at them, "but don't think for a second that I'll feel sorry if I'm forced to slaughter you!" you roared.

You stalked back inside. "And I thought Kade had the worst temper," Heatwave grumbled, you shot a glare over your shoulder and continued, you wanted to go back to bed.

There was a vibration. You felt it in your paws. You shifted and grabbed your large raincoat that hung on the wall. You then jumped from your second story window onto the ground. You knew the best shortcuts across the island. There was an Earthquake coming and you needed to make sure Cody was safe.

It was meant to be a simple bike ride to school. Cody felt the ground shake and glanced over his shoulder, the ground was opening up, he pedaled harder.

He felt his back tire slip into the crack but before he could fall in someone pulled him to safety and into a nearby alley. "You okay Codester?" you asked as you frantically check him over for injuries. His eyes were sparkling as he gazed up at you, he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Yeah, I am," he said. "You're wearing your coat, I thought you hated it," he pointed out.

You laid a hand on top of his head, "your safety is more important than my comfort zone," you said, giving Cody a small smile.

A big bang turned your attention to a bus that had fallen into the broken road. "Dad, Lake st is splitting apart," Cody called in.

"We're 5 minutes away," your dad answered.

"That's why I never take the bus," you snapped your head to the side, startled for a second. Frankie had given you the biggest jump scare. Cody held onto the sleeve of your coat. Frankie had her camera on and was filming and it was making you uneasy. "Who are you?" she asked.

"Uh?" Cody said nervously, you gave him a nod of approval, sooner or later you would have met Frankie. "This is my older sister (y/n), she works on the mainland most of the time, he explained.

"How come I've never heard of you before?" Frankie questioned. You could tell by her gaze that she was trying to pick you apart, "you sure you're related? you look nothing alike."

"Adopted," you said blankly.

"Anyway, I bet school's cancelled for today," Cody said, trying to change the topic.

"Great I can get footage of the rescue bots in action," Frankie beamed. That wasn't good news.

"Dad did you hear that? Lake st is not the only thing we have to worry about," Cody radioed.

"Understood Cody, I'll make sure the team is on their most robotic behavior," your dad replied.

"(y/n) why are you and dad so concerned about the bots being found out?" Cody asked.

You stood at his side and rested a hand on his shoulder. "One day, I'll explain everything, I promise but for now you just need to know that there are eyes that would bring danger to Griffin Rock if the bots were discovered."

"Is that what you do on the mainland? Deal with those eyes?" he asked.

"Somewhat, yeah," you sighed.

"Well, well look who decided to step outside," Kade teased as he and Heatwave showed up. You rolled your eyes, there was a bus stuck and his immediate thought was to annoy you. Cody was watching Frankie and neither of them were watching you. You slipped out a sharpened feather from your wings and threw it. It cut through the top of a fire hydrant. 

"And look who has work to do," you hissed at him. He glared at you.

"Robot," Kade ordered, and Heatwave went to fix the broken fire hydrant, giving Kade the thumbs up. 

You and Cody were watching Frankie who was watching the other get the bus out of the crack in the road. Frankie walked up to Boulder, and you shot him a glare, but he kept up his guise. 

Blades lifted the bus up from the road, but the driver slipped out and was hanging on for dear life. Cody nudged you, "what, I don't do rescues," you shrugged. A growl rose to your throat as Boulder moved to catch the man.

"How did that robot know to save the driver? No one told him to," Frankie questioned. 

"Uh..." Cody was trying to think of an excuse, "commlinks my whole family uses them," Cody reasoned. You were tired of this, Frankie frowned, she was getting on your nerves, her curiosity and that damned camera of hers was a danger. 

Cody grabbed the sleeve of your coat again. He shook his head, he gave you this pleading look, you sighed and ruffled his hair. The ground began to shake again. You grabbed onto Cody and Frankie to keep them steady. You heard metal crack and break; you pulled Cody and Frankie out of the way as the satellite dish crashed into the sidewalk. "That was close," Frankie said nervously.

You gave her a glare from over Cody's shoulder. Someone needed to put their foot down. Frankie shook you off and moved into the street with her camera up. "Duck in cover, it's not safe out there," Cody called out to Frankie.

"But out there is where all the action is," Frankie argued as she continued. on.

"The bots will keep an eye on her," you reasoned. 

The shaking got worse, "rescue bots protect the pedestrians!" your dad yelled. You pulled Cody into your side as you scanned the area for any further dangers. 

Cody gazed up at you. You were calm and collected as you watched the chaos around you. He flinched when a pipeline exploded, and Graham called for Kade's existence. The unexpected bang made Cody flinch, but you were unfazed. He smiled at up you. "What?" you asked him.

He gave you a quick hug, "nothing, you're really cool," he smiled. 

You hoped that was the end of the quakes. You and Cody walked over to the others. Dani landed in Blades and jogged over. 

"Dad what can we do?" Dani asked. 

"Take Frankie home," your dad asked Dani. 

"I'll take Cody back," you offered. Your Dad nodded. 

You grabbed Cody's sleeve and dragged him off, "this isn't the way home," Cody pointed out. 

As soon as you were out of town and the sight of people. You shifted. Cody grabbed onto your jacket. "I know we're taking the scenic route," you grinned as you crouched down for Cody to climb on. 

A nap. 

That's all you had wanted since you got Cody back to the fire station. 

You laid in the rafters of the hangar and just snoozed. You didn't hear the bots come back, "(y/n)!" Cody screamed. 

It gave you such a scare that you fell from the rafter. You shifted as Frankie slid down the slide. You scrambled for the coat you had left on the ground. This was beginning to annoy you. This was the one place where you didn't have to walk on eggshells and your peaceful nap had been disturbed because Frankie decided that she had free reign of the place. 

"Cool I didn't know this was down here," Frankie said in awe. 

"You're not supposed to, it's a private place for the bots to recharge away from people," Cody explained. 

You groaned, "I'm going back to bed," you growled as you walked over to the elevator. 

"Your sister is kind of grumpy, grumpier than Kade," Frankie pointed out as soon as you were gone.

"Shhh, this place echoes," Cody shushed, he didn't want you angrier than you already were. 

"How come you never told me about her?" Frankie questioned. 

"The topic never came up," Cody answered. 

You grumbled again as you heard the final bits of their conversation. It was definitely time for a nap. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 1.3K 51
The final instalment of the Transformers Prime Series. Amanda Beckett knew the battle wasn't over, but she wasn't ready to fight again. Jack Darby s...
136K 4.2K 45
The sequel to 'Scars Don't Heal - Transformers Prime'. Amanda Beckett had changed. She became a leader, a friend, and something she never imagined. J...
165K 4.5K 37
Lora Creed, a 15 year old girl, comes across a lost Cybertronian relic in the middle of Jasper, Nevada. She is totally unaware of what will happen to...
135K 3.2K 23
Life is rough. Not as rough as your criminal record, though. Released from prison not long ago, you're determined to integrate into the world bet...