The Cursed Beauty (BEYNIKA)

By itsbarbey_

[ A BEYNIKA STORY ] [SLOW UPDATES] They went to the one witch whose only aim is to destroy me, to bury me an... More

P R O L O G U E
Chapter 00: {The Goddess And The Curse}
Chapter 02 : {The Photographer And The Eclipse}
Chapter 03: {The Photographer And The Collision}
Chapter 04: {The Photographer And The Meditating}
Chapter 05: {The Photographer And The Breakfast Intruder}
Chapter 06: {The Photographer And The Unfolding Truth}
Chapter 07: {The Goddess And The Passionate Tainting}
Chapter 08: {The Photographer And The Inklings}
Chapter 09: {The Photographer And The Saving}
Chapter 10: {The Goddess And The Hazed Truths}

Chapter 01: {The Photographer And The Award}

603 47 51
By itsbarbey_

I've always been known as the most patient person amongst my group of friends. But now, as I sat here, in a room filled with my photography peers and many celebrities, I couldn't wait for the life of me. The more a ticking second passes by in my Cartier Secret Phoenix Décor watch, the more unnerved I became.

"Quit squirming in your seat Beyoncé, you're making me feel uneasy." hisses Kelly, my best friend and date for the night, in my ear. I look at her apologetically, and stop my movement. Only for me to start tapping my gloved-up hands on the table nervously. She rolled her eyes at me while suppressing her smile.

Many hushed whispers were heard through the room as everybody was conversating with one another quietly. I looked up as I felt myself being stared at, and met Saweetie's ecstatic gaze. I waved her over grinning excitedly and she came running my way. "I can't believe how far you've come! From a shoot photographer to a professional one with many accolades, co-signs, your own brand, many projects and awards and an insane catalog with a crazy amount of demand on you! I'm so proud of you I can shout it over the top of my lungs right now." she said giddily.

I bit my lip smiling to contain my bubbliness. "Not too shabby for a Texas girl who only had a Polaroid camera and a dream huh" I said as I nudged her smiling. "It feels good to be seen, and known for my achievements and talent."

She nodded her head and was about to respond when we saw Shawn, or mostly known as the rapper Jay Z, hitting the stage with Gigi Hadid behind him holding the award for my category. This is it; I could be taking it with me or going without it. And I'd rather the first option because I busted my ass to get to where I am. I am extremely competitive but also extremely grateful, so whatever happens will be for the best. And the best is me winning if you didn't figure that out quite yet.

"We're here today to celebrate an undeniably talented bunch of amazing photographers who provide nothing but top-notch content and work that reflect who they are. In my rapping field, we express ourselves through songs and tracks. And in theirs, they picture everything the mouth can't say, and what the eyes fail to see at times. So, let's have a look at the contestants in the Editorial category."

Even his speech sounds poetic. He easily managed to capture the crowd's attention and hold it for that long. He smirked cockily knowing he got what he wanted, which was just that. He is that conceited alright. The names started to roll along with trailers of our documentaries. I clasped both my friends' hands in anticipation as my name showed up. The pressure is getting wesser, or so they said.

"Now that we got to see the nominated talents out here. Let's get to the real thing and not hold y'all hostage any longer." Everybody chuckled and I'm almost close to running up to that stage to announce it myself. Lord just say it already! Gigi hands him the silver envelope and he takes it thanking her then finally opens it. Finally, damn!

He skims through the paper briefly then genuinely smiles as he reads the winner's name. Please let it be me, please let it be me. I send a quick prayer while closing my eyes then open them just in time for the announcement.

"I'm very honored to present this award to one of our own, to celebrate their creativity and the world they take us into through their lenses because after all Life Is But A Journey." I froze in my seat as Kelendria stood up from her seat to hug me just as Saweetie embraced me from the side. Jay was grinning from ear to ear just as everybody started to applaud me. "Yeaaaah! You come and get it B!"

I felt my eyes well up as I saw everyone's beaming faces and shining looks of pride. My emotions ran wild and deep, they always have, but now they're about to be spilled all over the place and on each camera. I take a deep breath as I hear Jay announcing me officially winning. "As we all figured it out, the International Photography Editorial Award goes to none other than my favorite girl, Beyoncé Knowles. Give it up for the number one hustler!" He starts applauding me just like the rest of the room and I feel so overwhelmed with happiness and joy.

I quickly put myself together and sent a quick grateful prayer for the one up there as I embraced my friends shakily. Kelly takes my hand in hers and squeezes it softly as she escorts me to the stage. "You deserve this baby; you're making us all proud." I smiled her way, because we both knew if I opened my mouth currently, I would be a sobbing mess.

Jay extended his hand to help me get on, and I gracefully took it as he presented me with my award. My award, oh how I've been dreaming of this moment for months... Ever since I submitted my work. I looked down at my award and hugged it tighter to me as I made my way to the mic. I cleared my throat and took a deep cleansing breath before I started speaking.

"Thank you so much. I'm trying to take all this appreciation in and not to get too emotional but I'm starting to fail a little." I said as I heard my voice quiver, which earned me a few chuckles and louder applauses with encouraging words thrown my way.
"I want to thank God for allowing me to hop on adventures that some might not even be able to continue, for always protecting me and blessing me. Thank you to everyone who believed in me, or who didn't, for every kind word and gesture shown my way through my career and everywhere I went. Thank you to everyone who let me execute my vision and gave me space to grow. Thank you for everyone who supported me and still had faith in me even back then and until now. I'm extremely grateful. I want to thank myself as well, for believing in me and never giving up on myself. That deserves a few pats on my back by me." I laugh alongside the others as I raise my award higher in the air. "A huge thank you to the IPA as well, thank you for this honor. And may I always be able to make y'all embark in more journeys with me through my lenses. God bless you all. Thank you so much."

I put my hand on my heart in awe as I saw everybody giving me a standing ovation. Saweetie started whistling as Kelly elbowed her in the ribs harshly to stop. I laugh softly as I wipe my teary eyes and soak this moment all in as I just stand there for a few minutes.

Jay puts his hand at the end of my back to lightly jolt me out of my trance and take me back to my seat. "I'm proud of you Young B, you deserved it for that work you be putting in."

I smiled up at him. "Thank you Hov, you know I just do my thing and leave it to God and fate to do theirs." "For sure, no doubt. Imma let you go enjoy your moment more, I'll hit you up some time later for the project I want you to direct its visuals for me." I nodded my head in agreement thanking him then he kissed my forehead congratulating me one more time and he ventured off.

I went to my group of friends and we started screaming happily as we took off to the After Party to celebrate fully. We danced, bounced up and down, had the most fun with each other, took pictures and drank to our hearts' desires.

I was buzzing with life and alcohol too. But I wasn't totally drunk per say, I was the one to drive myself here in my 1959 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II. That's my baby. I bought it as my first ever gift when my project was the most consumed film world widely for over a year and some. The money kept coming in, and in, and in, and it never stopped from there. I kept grinding and grinding, until I am where I am. So, to say I am well off is a lie because I am way past that; and I love that. Big B and the B stands for Bands as I say cockily when I feel like flexing or talking my shit.

Currently, Kelly and I were the last one to walk outside since we didn't feel like dealing with the paparazzi and all what they drag with them. Parts of being famous and also having a worldwide known singer as a bestfriend. Saweetie took her ass home when she got a text from her man telling her he was outside. That poor child, him of course, since we know her sex drive runs high when she's intoxicated.

Just as we stepped out, Kelly stops me before I even open my car door. "Strike a pose, honey!" She had her phone ready, and well who am I to deny myself this serve? I looked good, and this was my night so I did what I was told and struck the sexiest pose for the night as I leaned on my car.

"Yes! Look how you effortlessly ate that sister!" I smirked while I thanked her for the picture and everything else for the night. We bid each other good night and headed to our respective cars.

I sat in for a moment, just reliving the night in my head with a smile on my face. This is another night to get my cup up to the heaven for. I take the top off as I start driving in the dark streets of Los Angeles. I hear my iPhone ringing in the backseat, it must be my father. I reach my arm back out but couldn't even touch it, damn how far did I toss that little shit? I curse as I look fully back with one hand on the wheel while the other touches blindly around to find it.
"Aha!" I said as I looked up and screamed at the top of my lungs when I see a tall brown woman just hitting her back against my car.

"Oh my god! Oh my god, did I kill her? Did I just commit murder? What do I do?" I started hyperventilating and sweating like crazy. I take a deep shaky breath as I open my door to check on the girl but I couldn't move. Okay Beyoncé, deep breathes. I slap myself slowly then scream again when I feel something grabbing my heel. I looked down and met her green eyes looking at me, or dare I say right through me. It was scary. I gulped down my nervousness and reached down to her, backing her up against my car.

"Oh my god, are you okay? I'm so sorry I didn't even know you were standing there! I didn't see you. Do you need anything? Are you hurting?" I start checking her for any injuries but she stops me midway and shakes me slightly.

"Listen to me Beyincé's child." I froze in my spot and when I say I moved away from her so fast and almost closed my car door if it wasn't for her forcefully holding it. The door almost bended! Oh hell no! What type of sorcery is this? Or am I too drunk that I'm imagining stuff? How did she know my mother's old maiden name? What is happening? "I said listen to me!"

Her voice brought me back to reality and made her eyes shine a bright shade of... Silver? This is a sick joke, I mean it has to be. "I'm..." I cleared my throat as I looked at her raising my eyebrow to show her that I am not as intimidated or as scared as I am internally. "I'm listening."

"Good. Someone will be coming into your life, knocking it upside down, quite literally. You have to help her, to hold her hand through it. Don't let her harsh exterior stop you from helping her, and enlightening her dark world. She's a piece of work, but she is everything you have been asking for. I made sure to let the Universe know and soften her heart a little when it came to her child. That's my sister after all and even if she deserves this but.." she trailed off as I looked at her so confusingly. Why is she addressing the Universe as she? Who or what is this lady in front of me? Who is the other her?

"I'm not really understanding what you're trying to make me do for this woman... I'm not a social helper and I have a life of my own. So, miss..." I look at her expectedly to fill me in with her name. She widens her eyes realizing she didn't exactly tell me that.

"How rude of me! My name is Roshni amongst many others but since I'm here I go by Rihanna Robyn Fenty. I'm so pleased to meet you, and congratulations for your award by the way, you looked heavenly."

That was a lot to take in. Where the hell did she come from? How did she know what took place tonight? "You already know more about me than I probably know." She nodded her head while looking guiltily up at me. "I did not stalk you so do not fret sun child. I just know everything about any one and thing."

Even if I wanted to feel scared now, I couldn't. The way she speaks makes her feel like an old soul trapped in a young woman's body. The way she knew about my connection or deep love to the sun just sold it more for me. Adding to that, the fact that I felt safe around her, like I could trust her with anything. Crazy I know, so I just decide to go with my intuition and pray it catches me before I do something stupid. My intuition is never wrong so here goes nothing.

"Well I'm Beyoncé Giselle Knowles but you can call me Beyoncé. I'm sorry for almost running you over by the way." I said while I extended my hand for her to shake.

"Girl even if you did, nothing would've happened. But apology appreciated." She said laughing it off and shaking my hand. Huh? She saw my confused gaze and smirked while saying. "Magic what can I say? I would explain it but I'll leave that part for the woman of your dreams." She laughed some more as she stood up while making her iced up wrists shine under the moonlight. She enjoys flexing and to be honest, so do I.

"Who is this woman, though?" I couldn't help but ask out loud. She sighed as she looked for an exact word to describe her. Oh Lord, was she that bad? "A goddess." My eyebrows rose so highly I don't think I could feel them on my forehead anymore. "A what now?" She crossed her arms as she looked right through me.

"Look, what happened with me is the start for one insane journey that's coming your way by a storm. Start believing in the impossible from now so you won't be as shocked or petrified when it hits you. Okay, sun child?" she said as she stared at me with her piercing green eyes.

I sighed. I can't even deny that I am beyond intrigued but also incredulous. This all feels like a drunken encounter or a delusional breakdown that I am having. But I know it's not, so I just nod my head silently. "Yeah okay, I will do that."

She nodded, pleased with my response. "I got to get going, but I will come around on your birthday to check up on you. Believe it or not, I really do want to befriend you, I like you already. But what did you agree to do? Tell me the exact words." She almost reminded me of my mother when she would see if I memorized my lessons as a child.

I purse my lips looking at her annoyingly. "Yes, I will help this harsh misunderstood woman who is everything I wanted and won't let her do something crazy. I got it Roshni." She looked surprised that I called her by her real name, or surprised that I remembered it, I don't know and frankly, I don't care anymore. I got it, and now I just want to go hug my bed and face palm into it.

"You will help her. Thank you. I'll leave for now. Now, off you go. Choo! " She moved her fingers in a driving motion and I kid you not, the car closed itself and I was tucked in safely in it as it drove itself to my house without me lifting a hand to do anything.

You'd think I go crazy right now, but I don't have the energy to freak out. I'm too tired for the panicking now and I already agreed to do this. Ain't no backtracking, I don't come back from my word. But I feel like I sold my soul to a lost cause. I groaned so loudly as I slammed the door of my mansion so forcefully, it shook.

I made my way to my awards room and put it next to her other sisters. I didn't even get to do my little party with myself in here. The only important night of this year got ruined by its end, just peachy.

I made my way to my bedroom while undressing myself in the corridor and throwing my dress haphazardly on the floor. Dressed in only my black lacy thong and gloves, I throw myself under the covers and close my eyes letting sleep meet me halfway.

What a night, what a great fucking night indeed.

*******

Words: 3077

Finals are kicking my ass. I still got an oral exam 🥲.

How did you find Beyoncé's luxurious photographer lifestyle? The awards and rich humble attitude?

Her friends, Kelly and Saweetie? Michelle will appear of course; this was just a party but how did you find both of them? Personally, I love Kelly.

Her and Jay? Just having a good friendly and professional relationship? For once, he won't be a love interest. I like it this way tbh.

Her meeting Rihanna? I had to do it differently! 🙊

Rihanna being Nicki's sister? How did she get to be in the present time knowing who and WHAT she is... 🌚

Her and Beyoncé's dynamic? Or their encounter?

What would you like to see more of? Is it good so far?

This is a FANTASY and MYTHOLOGY story, so anything is possible. More importantly, this is MY WORLD and MY CHARACTERS that are written and made up MY WAY. So please, do keep that in mind always.

Vote, comment, answer the questions and please share.

Selma, xoxo. 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 4.8K 22
Beyoncé just got out of an abusive marriage. A start over is what she needs, so when her best friend Nicki Offers her the vacation home in the Baham...
250K 7.6K 82
Part I ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ Your Soul Is In Control. Trying To Lead It From Me. Your Heart No Longer Pledge Allegiance of Me. JAYZ- I KNOW
22.7K 877 26
Beyonce is an abusive relationship with jay and meeting Nicki she feels things she never felt before and she got enough courage to leave. Onika let's...
47.6K 1.2K 47
"Fuck, why do you make this so hard" Nicki yelled passing the room "Because i need u nicki why dont you love me" Beyonce cried "Because i dont can u...