Hey Sister

By Zapatera23456798

Five's eyes widened, and he dropped his blaster, for the first time ever Fives was speechless. "What is it,"... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Question
Chapter 19
hii
Chapter 20

Chapter 7

1.2K 35 23
By Zapatera23456798

Summary:

Secrets out

----------------------------

"That - that's impossible," Echo stammered out, hands gripping his hair, "that's physically impossible."

"Well not really because she's right here," Kix retorted, gesturing to Omega.

Jesse turned to Fives who had yet to close his mouth, "How did you two not know Omega was a girl, you two were the ones to find hi-her for kriff sakes."

Fives was finally able to snap out of his trace, "How were we supposed to know he-she was a girl?" Five's voice started to pipe up like it does when he gets embarrassed. "We assumed she was a normal cadet, how were we supposed to know the one cadet we found out of a sea of thousands of troopers we just happened to find the one that was a girl?"

Kix could only watch the two bicker it out until he felt a light poke on his cheek causing him to turn to face Omega who was staring at him with concerned eyes.

"Kexx," Kix felt his whole body soften, allowing his lips to form a smile upon the girl's mispronunciation of his name. He didn't mind of course, for her he'll be 'Kexx'. Omega continued by pointing her finger to Hardcase who was still sprawled out on the floor, among the spilled mantell mix. "Should we help him?" she asked tentatively.

Kix let out a chuckle, "He'll be fine cyar'ika, if anything he needed the sleep I told him it was a bad idea to stay up for the past two rotations." Kix had hopped to reassure the girl, but instead she looked confused. Well he can't blame her he is a medic and he did just flat out say he wouldn't help someone. But to his surprise that wasn't what confused her.

"What was that word you said?"

"Which one?"

"Say-r-ekka, what does that mean?"

Kix let out another chuckle "Cyar'ika, it means sweetheart."

It was just a simple question, but that question brought Kix to a horrible realization. He once again turned to the girl cradled up on his side. "Do you not know Mando'a?"

Omega seemed to look even more confused, but eventually shook her head. Kix let out a sigh, hurt by the news. He remembers how eager he was to learn Mando'a from the older cadets. They had to wait till nightfall before they began their lesson but the long nights were worth it.

Every cadet should learn Mando'a, Omega was no exception.

He gave her a reassuring smile, "Well we have to fix that won't we."

Omega gave him a smile that made him absolutely melt.

This girls going to have the whole 501st wrapped around her finger.

Hardcase was starting to come to, picking himself off the floor, dusting himself off. "Guys I just had the craziest dream Echo and Fives just showed up with this cadet, but this cadet was a girl, crazy right."

"Hardcase that just happened, you've been passed out on the floor for about ten minutes now."

"Huh," he looked over to see Omega curled up Kix's side giving him a little wave. Hardcase eyes just widened, and started to wobble. Kix rolled his eyes, settling Omega on the floor, "Sorry Omega can't have him passing out twice in a row, I'll be right back."

Kix made his way over to Hardcase to get him to relax, letting Omega finally breathe. She was so worried about telling everyone her secret or at least one of her secrets, but they had reacted ... better than she thought. She felt guilty about being the cause of Hardcase fainting, and Jesse was still bickering with Fives with Echo now joining in. That left Rex off to the side, seemingly silent. What was he thinking, was it about her, was he thinking of ways to get rid of her?

There goes her anxiety ridden thoughts again, Rex wouldn't think that ' you don't know that' Shut up, she just had to keep telling herself that. Fives said Rex wasn't like that, it's not much to go off of but Fives hadn't lied to her yet.

After some careful consideration, Omega cautiously inched toward the Captain who was too lost in thought to say anything. It made Omega worried, everyone else had a reaction, whether it be screaming or in Hardcase's case fainting, but it was all in the realm of believability.

Yet Rex was just quiet.

She moved closer to the captain, only a couple feet apart. She wanted to get his attention, but thought best against it 'Never run your mouth when people are busy Omega, your concerns tend to be insignificant'. So she would wait till he noticed her, which could take a bite, but she was kinda thankful for that. She still didn't really know what she was going to say to him in an attempt to justify her existence. Pains were shooting through her stomach, causing her to grip her tunic in an attempt to distract from her nerves. She hadn't felt this much whirlwind of emotions since she was awaiting her disciplining for not remaining still for a shot.

Omega learned very quickly to never do that again, Lama Su made sure of it.

So she waited, luckly she didn't have to wait long because Rex lifted his head and met her gaze.

________________________________________

Rex didn't have enough caf in his system to even begin to acknowledge whatever was happening in front of him. He just faintly hears Fives and Jesse yelling, but he couldn't really comprehend the words of the conversation.

He wasn't going to lie, Omega's 'reveal' did come as quite a shock, but after living under General Skywalker for so long he's become a natural at taking shocking news surprisingly well. From robot hands to secret marriages Rex has learned to just roll with the punches.

So what if Omega was a girl, it doesn't change the fact that she needs help, that she needs to be protected.

It was something else about Omega's reveal that got him thinking. Fives and Echo claimed that they found her isolated from the rest of the city. Was Omega supposed to be a soldier like them, but after an error Omega was taken in for experimentation. Was that the reason she was locked away from the world, because of what the Kaminos considered a 'mutation'.

To be fair this was a bit bigger than any of the other mutations he's seen like different color hair or eyes.

How long was she alone, how long was she suffering and no one noticed, all because she was different.

A part of him feels like he's failed her, he doesn't care how illogical it sounds he'll never be able to convince him otherwise.

After a bit Rex felt as if he was being watched. He lifts his head slightly to see a pair of eyes looking directly at him. Omega looked smaller than ever, practically shrinking under his gaze.

She was just so tiny.

She.

It felt weird to say, but that was the reality of the situation, whether it made sense or not she was here in the flesh and blood and they had to do something about it.

He assumed she wanted to talk to him, so he waited patiently for her to say something, but she kept her mouth shut.

Why was she just staring at him like that? Is she hurt? No she was just with Kix she can't be hurt, or did she get hurt just now? Rex immediately got worried, assuming the worst that the girl managed to hurt herself in mere seconds of not being supervised. Rex looked her over but she was fine, but why was she looking at him like that, full of fear.

The poor girl looked terrified, she was gripping her tunic with her hands, shaking slightly. What was she scared of? Stupid question he concluded the girl has been sheltered her whole life, and so much has changed in the past couple of hours so the whole situation is too much to handle he would be shocked if she wasn't scared.

Then it clicked.

She wasn't scared of him, no she was scared of what he thought of her.

This must be the first time she's ever met anyone else besides Kaminoan scientists. The first time she's met other clones. To top it all off after a super surprising introduction not only does she have no time to open up and adjust, but also her biggest secret is revealed.

Rex sprung towards the girl, kneeling down to her level, he placed his hand over hers gripping her tunic. He took her tiny hands into his once more and squeezed them slightly, not hard enough to hurt her, but just enough to convey comfort.

They looked at each other for a bit, golden brown eyes meeting golden brown eyes. Omega thankful stopped shaking, but she still looked uneasy, unsure.

Unsure of what Rex thinks of her, unsure if she'll be accepted, unsure that she's truly safe.

Rex picked up on her thought process then remembered what Cody would always say to him back when they were cadets, and Rex had a rough day full of slander. "Listen little'un I know how you feel, I know what it's like to be different," he gestured to his hair. "To be ashamed of being different, being terrified of the Kamionans. Along with the fear of not being accepted." He gave a big sigh. " I don't care what the Kaminoans told you, you are one of us, you belong here with us" he gestured to the room "with the whole 501st. No matter what happens you will always be my vod'ika, my little sister, nothing will ever change that."

Rex gave her a warm smile, and squeezed her hand again.

He hoped all that was enough to convince her.

To convince her that he doesn't care about her being a girl. That he sees her as a vod and will do anything to protect her. That he will do everything in his power to prevent her from ever returning to Kamino.

That everything will be okay, that she is safe.

Rex felt Omega tighten her grip of his hand, causing him to nearly wince.

Girls got a strong grip.

Rex's words were still processing in her mind, her self consciousness fighting off any good intention or comfort Rex meant to give her.

Slowly, but surely a smile made its way onto Omega's face. It was soft and genuine signalling to him that she believed every word he had told her.

Rex turned to face the room once more to see it was still unhinged, he didn't necessarily have the energy to deal with it right now so he figured the best thing to do was let everyone tire themselves out.

He faced Omega again "Let's get you into some better clothes, then I'll take you to General Skywalker he can help with our situation. How does that sound?"

Omega nod was all he needed. He hauled himself up from his kneeling position, and scooped up Omega in his arms. She pointed to one of his hands to which he brought closer to her. Once his hand was close to her she cradled it close to her chest hugging it close and leaned into his chest, yawning during the process.

She was tired , but he can't blame her it's been quite the day.

Rex slowly left the room, making his way to his own personal quarters. He looked at the precious cargo he was caring, heart fluttering when he saw the adorable sight in his arms.

He was already blessed with having one vod'ika, but now he has two, he didn't know what he did to deserve this, but he's definitely not complaining.

His little vod'ika, a smile plastered onto his face again eye softening, he could get used to calling her that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 4.8K 61
"You're in life debt. This is only the beginning of the aftermath." A few months after the final battle of Kamino, the remaining five members of the...
13.9K 461 37
π•§π• π•šπ•• - a completely empty space "I'm trapped in the darkness." She whispered into his ear. His arms slipped around her waist, heart aching for h...
1.5K 64 11
Λšβ‚ŠΒ· ͟͟͞͞➳β₯π™π™Š 𝙒𝙄𝙉 π™”π™Šπ™π™ π™ƒπ™€π˜Όπ™π™ [ π‘­π’Šπ’—π’†π’” ] ━━━━━━━━━━ β•°β”ˆβž€ π€π«π’πš 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐑 𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐭�...
791 58 14
The 501st march to their own drum. Not long after the Battle on Kamino, CT-27-5555 and CT-1409, otherwise known as "Fives" and "Echo," are promoted t...