The Dragon Rebellion (M-Preg)

By author_namoore

Dragons have invaded the Earth and implanted themselves within human society. They took on forms identical to... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter One: The World As We Know It
Chapter Two: The End is Here
Chapter Three: The Mating Dance
Chapter Five: Choices
Chapter Six: Fear is the Enemy
Chapter Seven: Leash and Collar
Chapter Eight: For the Greater Good
Chapter Nine: Restless Exchange
Chapter Ten: Hopeless Secrets
Chapter Eleven: Glass Revelations
Chapter Twelve: The Laying
Chapter Thirteen: Disturbed
Chapter Fourteen: No Escape
Chapter Fifteen: The Belt*
Chapter Sixteen: The Aftermath
Chapter Seventeen: Change in Every Sense
Chapter Eighteen: The First
Chapter Nineteen: New Plan
Chapter Twenty: Dare to Hope
Chapter Twenty-One: A New Connection
Chapter Twenty-Two: A Desperate Plea
Chapter Twenty-Three: Stealing Strategies
Chapter Twenty-Four: Unexpected Truth
Chapter Twenty-Five: Olive Branch

Chapter Four: The Capture

1.9K 195 3
By author_namoore

The tea.

Reid should have known better. His mother was clever, catching him with his guard down. She must have spiked the tea.

When Reid woke up, he was in an unfamiliar room. It was grand with a tall ceiling, white marble floors, and gold trimming. But despite being so lavish, it seemed cold. Like it wasn't lived in. There were no personal items to be found.

Reid was tucked into the white circular bed that sat on a raised surface on the far side of the room. The pillows were soft and the sheets were like silk. This type of luxury, Reid only dreamed about.

"You are awake," a deep accented voice said.

Reid jumped, he hadn't even noticed someone enter the room.

Immediately on alert, Reid surveyed the Naerian, hating how his gut clenched at the sight of his beauty. Suppressants or not, he would not be able to fight the call of his fated pair, especially not during his Rut.

The Naerian stepped forward and Reid inched back on the bed, trying his best to maintain the distance. It was only then that he noticed the weight on his ankle.

Confused, he glanced under the silk sheets and noticed not only his complete lack of dress, but also the thick silver shackle around him, connecting him to a thin chain.

Rage flooded Reid's entire being.

"Monster," the human spat.

The Naerian didn't even flinch.

"These are my quarters and this is where you will remain until I say otherwise. I will have the servants leave you food and help you bathe while I'm away."

"Away?" Reid couldn't help but ask.

"I will spend my nights elsewhere until your Rut Cycle has passed."

Reid's brows flew up in shock. He was sure he was going to be forced the minute the suppressants wore off. Which they would, with him being so close to his fated pair. The fates always complicated things.

"I have no intention of forcing you. It does not serve my interest."

"And what does serve your interest?" Reid sneered.

The Naerian just blinked at him with his serpentine eyes and slitted pupils, then promptly turned on his heel.

"Wait!" Reid called out, before the Naerian could leave.

He stopped and tilted his head back slightly.

"Your name. I don't know your name. Or am I to refer to you only as Emkii?" Reid's voice was tight, but the Naerian either didn't notice or didn't care.

Without giving Reid an answer, he left the room.

When the door shut, Reid's teeth clenched in anger. Not only was he trapped here, forced against his will, but he'd have to undergo the most excruciating experience of his life chained to this monster's bed.

Reid tugged at the chains, testing their strength. They seemed thin, but the moment they pulled taut, Reid knew that he could not break them. Must've been reinforced with Gemma Crystals.

He was stuck.

Damn it.

How could his mother do this to him? Didn't she know the only reason she was even alive was because of him?

Reid swore, fighting back the fury and betrayal. How long would she last without him? One week? Two?

He worked so damn hard to prevent this from happening and in the blink of an eye, he was swept away from his family, his home, and everything he's ever known, just to be some Dragon's pet.

Dragons.

It's what the humans called the Naerian's behind their back, since that was the closest thing humankind could compare the invaders as. Intended as an insult, though the aliens would never know it.

And now, being surrounded by his fated pair's scent with his Rut so close, the suppressants he took would have little to no effect. This Rut would be brutal.

Reid wondered if the Naerian was serious about leaving him alone for this Rut. Would he even be able to? Naerians were not known to be able to hold back when a human was in Rut, especially not their fated pair. Maybe he was trying to lure Reid into a false sense of security before sneaking in and violating him against his will. That seemed like more of their style.

Reid had no idea what to expect. And he had nothing to do but lay there and think. Contemplate. Panic.

He took in his surroundings one more time. He knew that the Naerian had to be of high rank even among the others. One could tell just by looking at him. But looking at this room, it was confirmed. Only the highest ranking Naerians had luxuries like this.

Just who was he?

The bastard hadn't even bothered to give Reid his name.

Aside from a single Naerian Councillor, any of the high ranking officials, including the King were kept from redrya. Only those living in the palace knew what they looked like. Gabe tried to describe what a few of them looked like, including his own mate who was also a high rank, but there were no pictures and no artists able to sketch a visual.

Jamila, the only other human with a high rank as a mate, spent most of her time chained to a bed and thus had no inside information. She barely even made it to the meetings because of it. It made Reid wonder if that was his fate?

Taking one look at his chains, he knew it was likely.

What would happen to him after he bore the Naerian's precious eggs? Would they kill him? Discard him? Would there be any chance of returning to his life?

Reid sighed, tucking his knees into his chest and hugging them close.

He didn't know how long he laid there, stuck in his head but he was soon brought back to reality when the door opened. A small female with a meek frame, skittered inside pushing a cart. She wore a long light blue gown with a darker blue headdress. It veiled her face and Reid couldn't tell if she was human, Nirk, or Naerian.

She didn't say a word, just uncovered the dishes and swiftly left the room. Reid's stomach growled and mouth watered at the sight of all the delicious foods. And the smells made his lips quiver.

The servant left the cart just within Reid's reach.

He stared at it. Unsure.

They wouldn't poison him, they had no need to. Plus, they needed him as healthy as he could be, and with his Rut coming any moment now, he needed his energy.

Reid reached out and grabbed a bowl of fruit and began to nibble at it.

It would be best to keep his strength up.

He was going to need it.

*

Kincaid ran his claws through his hair. His morá throbbed.

"I don't understand why you're doing this to yourself," Merda commented, watching him with a pitying look. "You have him. Why not claim him and be done with it?"

Kincaid didn't answer, just grabbed another glass of Rouj and tossed it back, savoring the burn of the liquid and letting the numbing effects dull his need.

The moment his morá started to sting, he knew it had begun. He was far enough away that he couldn't hear the screams of his pair, but he didn't need to, he could feel the pain in his blood. It sang to him a vicious song. Urging him to put his pair out of his misery. To take him, make him whole, own him.

Kincaid shook his head as if to clear it.

"I do not want him with eggs yet."

Merda shook her head.

It was something he had told her over and over again, but she still did not understand it. But he supposed she wouldn't. She did not have a pair of her own, nor was she in his position with a dangerous sovereign that feared his power.

A shiver ran down Kincaid's spine.

He poured himself another glass and choked it back. Sweat began to trickle down his temples and his leathers grew tight between his legs.

He could endure it.

He had to.

"I cannot watch this," Merda snapped, jumping to her feet and storming out of the room. Kincaid didn't spare her a glance, just gestured to the guard to lock the door after her. He had to take precautions to make sure that he did not give in to his pair's call.

And the call was already so strong it nearly left him incapacitated.

Kincaid hissed in pain.

He would have to endure it until it passed. Then he would be able to focus on his many tasks. There was so much to be done, he could not afford any distractions. This was a delay already. One that he would no doubt suffer for.

But that was all a part of his brother's plan. He knew it.

Endure it, Kincaid.

Just endure it.

And then you can continue on your mission.

Kincaid tossed back another glass of Rouj and let the numbness consume him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 105 27
I am, in fact rewriting this soon lolz (ManxMan) The royal house of the mermaids has fallen to hard times, with the still recent death of their queen...
229K 9.7K 34
When an Alien ship came to anchor just outside Earth's atmosphere and contacted humans for the first time, the whole planet was in an uproar. People...
858K 54.8K 184
Paralysed from the neck down after a serious accident and unable to pay for full body restoration, Kyan was sent into an Alien Archive to rescue the...
189K 5.3K 20
Trevor Burkett never imagined that a drive back from hiking with his friends would end up in his abduction by aliens. Not only that, but his friends...