max ziegler | dance moms

By luvspeaknow

maxine grace ziegler is the younger sister of maddie and mackenzie. she's a fabulous little dancer, but can s... More

❤︎︎
The Competition Begins!
Wildly Inappropriate
Cheerleader Blues
Stealing the Show
When Stars Collide
Dying to Dance
She's a Fighter
From Ballerinas to Showgirls
Cathy Brings It On!
It All Ends Here
There's Only One Star
Everyone's Replaceable
Return of the Candy Apples
Brooke's Turning Point
No One Likes a Bully
Brooke's Back
Jill on the Rampage
Bullets and Ballet
The Runaway Mom
Miami Heat Wave
Melissa Pleads the 5th
Waiting for Joffrey

Love on the Dance Floor

372 5 2
By luvspeaknow

I had somehow recovered from the events at the pool, feeling ready and excited to dance. I just hope there's no water...

We were in Orlando, Florida this week. Not Pittsburgh! I had on an orange sun dress, since it's very hot here. My hair was in pigtails. We all rode in a white van to get to the studio we're dancing in.

We all got out of the van, super excited to be in Florida.

"Girls, let's go! Come on!" Miss Abby yelled as we entered the studio. "Alright. Where's Cathy? Where's Vivi-Anne?"

"Don't know," Mommy shrugged.

"Right now, I am at the end of my rope with Cathy," Miss Abby stated, turning towards the pyramid she has on the mirror. "Mackenzie, now you, Max and Vivi-Anne are supposed to have a trio, but no Vivi. So you guys will do 'Summer' by yourselves as a duet." Miss Abby revealed Vivi and I's pictures on the pyramid. She was above me.

"Chloe, you're going to take a week off. I'm not going to do a new solo for you. I think you need to work on your technique. I was happy with fourth place. Your mother was not. And I don't think you were, either. Nia? I was happy with you. Your mother was not happy with the choreography, so we're gonna work on that. Mom, I don't want any more alterations like Connecticut," Miss Abby said to Holly.

"It was a conversation," she insisted.

"I don't want any more conversations like Connecticut."

Paige and Brooke were next, and it was no shock who was on top.

?

𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚

𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚  𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚

𝙉𝙞𝙖  𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚  𝙑𝙞𝙫𝙞-𝘼𝙣𝙣𝙚  𝙈𝙖𝙭  𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚

"Maddie, you won, it was great, costume was gorgeous. Everything clicked. I just don't want to see tears. You're at the top of the age scale. You did a beautiful job, you did the title. This is your year," Miss Abby praised. "Let's talk about the group number for this week's competition. The number is called 'Snapshot.' You're all models. So, who's modelled before?"

We all put our hands up. We are all very experienced young ladies, if I do say so myself.

"You've all modelled. Perfect. So now, you know what the runway is. What else is at a fashion show? A photographer. I've had a lot to think about over the last 24 hours. And I think we need to bring a boy in to be the photographer. What do you think?" Miss Abby asked.

"Brooke?" Christi teased, and Kelly laughed. Brooke looked disgusted.

"I have a surprise for all of you. A big surprise. Here's our photographer," Miss Abbg said, ripping off the red paper above Maddie on the pyramid.

"It's Brandon!" Kelly and Mommy yelled at the same time.

"He looks so weird!" Paige stated.

"Is he here?" Mommy excitedly asked.

"Brandon? Diane?" Miss Abby called, and they walked in. We all cheered in excitement.

We all went to talk to him as he put his stuff down.

"Hey Max," Brandon said, bending down to my level. "How you doing?"

"Good. Lots of dancing," I replied, and he gave me a high-five. He went to talk to Kenzie, bending down a little less for her.

We all went over and hugged Diane, Brandon's mom.

"Max, oh my goodness! You've gotten so big!" Diane exclaimed, hugging me. I giggled.

We focused our attention back to the pyramid, and Miss Abby.

"Brooke, Brandon, you used to have a duet," Miss Abby started, and we laughed. "Well, guess what? You're gonna be doing some partner work. Brandon, you're not used to this pace that we've been on. You have four days to pull this number together. It's not about laying in the sun. It's not about riding a bike. It's about the dancing. Everybody, five minutes to warm up, and then, choreography. Let's go."

Kenzie and I left with the moms, since we weren't in the group dance and there wasn't a den.

"Are you girls excited about Brandon behind here?" Kelly asked us once we sat down. Kenzie and I were sat at a desk in the room. I was playing on Mommy's phone and Kenzie was messing around with something she found on the table. The moms started talking, complaining, but I wasn't really listening. There were cameras videoing the moms talking.

The moms went out to watch the girls (and boy!) rehearse for a bit.

When they came back, I went to sit with Mommy on her lap. She brushed her fingers through my hair as I kept playing on her phone. Kenzie was still fiddling with whatever it was that she had.

The moms were complaining about Brooke and Brandon's "chemistry," that it's awkward for them to be dancing.

"Kelly, Diane, come down here for a minute. I need to talk to you," Miss Abby called, and they went down to the studio. Christi laughed. Miss Abby kept rushing them down.

-

Group rehearsal ended, and Nia had a solo rehearsal. Miss Abby wanted Holly to watch the rehearsal.

Mommy's phone died.

"Mommy, it died," I complained, angrily handing her the phone.

"It's fine, I brought my charger," she insisted, taking me off of her lap to charge her phone. "Here."

"Fhank you," I stated, going back to my game.

"Max, no. It's 'thank you,'" Mommy corrected, and I looked up at her.

"T-thank you," I stuttered. I knew the word, I've said if before. Today was not a good speaking day.

"Good job," Mommy praised, she she turned her attention back to the moms.

We wrapped up rehearsal, and Vivi and Cathy never showed up. We didn't work on our trio, or maybe duet, at all today. We went back to the hotel and got ready for bed.

•Three days to competition•

Mommy, Maddie, Kenzie and I had to go back to the studio for Maddie's solo rehearsal. We're gonna be there for a longggg time. At least Kenzie brought her iPad. I forgot mine.

I think Brooke and Brandon went out on a date today (assigned by Miss Abby, I don't think they reality had a choice) which was nice.

There wasn't any other dancing today, and Vivi still didn't show up. Mommy decided to take us to the park for a while.

"Go have fun girls, don't run off too far. And don't talk to strangers," Mommy instructed, and we ran over to the park. Mommy sat on a bench, watching us.

"Maddie, push us on the swings!" Kenzie yelled, sitting on the left swing as I sat on the right one. Maddie ran over and started pushing both of us. A few minutes went by of us just swinging and Maddie pushing us.

"Okay, that's enough. One of you push me now," Maddie said, walking in front of us.

"No," we said in sync, getting off of the swings and running away.

"You can push yourself!" Kenzie shouted, turning around for a second. "Let's go down the slide."

We climbed up the playground, walking across a bridge to get to the tallest slide.

"Me first," I demanded, and Kenzie pushed me down. It was very hot on my skin. "Weeee!"

I waited for Kenzie at the bottom, but she was taking a long time. She finally came into my view, but she was practically walking down it.

"It's too hot," she complained, jumping off at the bottom.

"Monkey bars!" I exclaimed, running over to the bars. I love the monkey bars.

I climbed up the rock wall and over the bridge, making my way to the monkey bars. I looked behind me to see if Kenzie was following. She was still on the rock wall. When I turned forward again, I bumped into a boy.

He was my height, probably my age. He had brown hair and blue eyes.

"Ew, a boy!" I exclaimed, running away.

"Why were you talking to a boy?" she asked, climbing on the first bar. I shrugged. "Boys have cooties."

"I ran into him," I replied, following her onto the bars. "Boys are gross."

-

It's been a little over two hours, and we were all very tired. And hot.

"Girls, let's go, it's too hot and I'm tired!" Mommy yelled, and Maddie finished off her last cartwheel and ran after her.

"Coming!" Kenzie shouted, jumping off of the block she was on. I followed after her.

"Who was that boy you were talking too?" Maddie questioned once we were all in the car.

"Nobody. I don't like boys," I stated, going on my iPad. "They have cooties."

"That's right Max, no boys until you're married," Mommy added as we left the park.

Two days to competition•

Miss Abby wanted all of us to meet at the pool at the hotel, so we all gathered there.

"Kenzie, here's your sundress. Maddie, do you have yours?" Mommy asked, handing Kenzie her dress. She went into the bathroom to change.

"Yeah, I have mine," Maddie said, holding up today's dress.

"Okay, Max, you're after Maddie, alright?" Mommy stated, and I nodded.

When I was finished, she pulled my hair into a long ponytail with a pink flower hair elastic.

"Alright girls, let's go," Mommy said, and we made our way to the meeting area.

"Maybe we'll run into Jayden," Maddie teased. Mommy didn't approve, but I definitely did. Miss Abby didn't want mothers there, so Mommy left us alone with the others.

Kenzie and I sat in a chair, Maddie sitting on the box in-between the two chairs.

"Hey," Paige greeted, and I smiled. "I like your hairpiece."

"Thank you," I stated, and Miss Abby started talking. Chloe wasn't there, though.

"We're here at StarPower in sunny, muggy, hot Orlando, and they have a pageant. Every one of you have been registered. We don't know who's gonna qualify. So, right now, we're all gonna rehearse as if you made it, and then whoever makes it will be ready. Brooke, stand up. Go ahead upstage," Miss Abby spoke, and Brooke stood up. She started walking away. "Look at her walk. Look at her walk." she imitated a buzzer.

"I'm gonna show her." Brooke sat back down, and Miss Abby started walking like she was in a pageant. "Turn. Touch that end judge."

She looked very funny while doing that. Not a model. But still very funny.

"Mackenzie, tell me your favorite acrobatic trick," Miss Abby told the girl. She didn't say anything, and Miss Abby blew her whistle. "Look down. Nia, tell us the heritage of your name."

"May I please ask you what that word means?" Nia asked, standing in front of us like she was on stage. Miss Abby was shocked.

"Max, tell me your favorite style to do a solo," Miss Abby said, and my head snapped up.

"I don't know. I don't have one," I shrugged, putting my arms up. Miss Abby blew the whistle at me.

"If you get up on stage and you freeze or you stutter, you're gonna look like an idiot in front of all of those people. The most important thing is that you do not panic. Pull your thoughts together, take a deep breath, and answer the question. Does everyone understand?" Miss Abby questioned, and we all said 'yes.' She blew her whistle. "We are adjourned. Go find your mothers and start working on this interview."

We got up and went our separate ways. Kenzie and I followed Maddie. She seemed to know where she was going.

"Where's Mom?" Kenzie asked, catching up with Maddie.

"We're going to see her in a second, hold on," Maddie insisted, and we eventually found her in a dressing room in the hotel. All of the other girls were also there.

"How was the meeting?" Mommy asked, pulling me onto her lap. She gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Good. She told us about a pageant we're all doing," Maddie explained, sitting in a chair and looking at herself in the mirror.

Mommy put me down, and Kenzie and I started looking at some of Maddie's different makeup. It was very interesting.

The door suddenly opened, and to my surprise, Vivi and Cathy came strolling in with their bags.

As soon as she stepped foot in the room, the moms immediately started arguing.

"What's been going on?" Cathy asked, walking over to Mommy.

"So, Abby pulled the trio, because...you didn't come to chalkboard and you weren't at rehearsals, and Mackenzie and Max were so upset. She decided she didn't want it as a duet," Mommy explained. Kenzie and I went to a table near the wall taking the makeup with us.

"Well, I'm sorry for Mackenzie and Max, but..I missed my flight and, uh, we're doing the same choreography, so I don't think it's a big deal," Cathy insisted.

"But wasn't that two days ago?" Kelly asked. "That you missed your flight?"

"So when was chalkboard?" Cathy asked, not answering the question.

"Two days ago. So where have you been the last two days?" Kelly questioned.

"I don't think it's a big deal. I missed my flight," Cathy shrugged.

"Two days ago!" Kelly exclaimed.

"I think it is a big deal," Holly piped up.

"You know what, it's the same choreography over and over and over, so I am..over it. And it doesn't affect you guys," Cathy said to Kelly and Holly.

"But it does affect us," Kelly argued.

They kept going back and forth, so I went to fetch my Barbie that was in Mommy's purse.

"I brought it," I showed Kenzie, and she started brushing its hair while I gave it a new outfit. "Beautiful."

The other girls came over to the table and started messing around with something. They were definitely eavesdropping on the argument. Well, it was hard not to.

Cathy left with Vivi, and Kelly and Holly seemed pretty upset about that.

•One day to competition•

Miss Abby told us that she bought a house in Orlando, so she invited us over for the day. I was so excited, but also nervous. She said she has a pool.

"You'll never learn if you don't try," Mommy insisted as I was about to go change.

"But I'll drown," I argued.

"I brought your arm floaties just in case," Mommy told me, and I nodded.

-

We all arrived at Miss Abby's house together, ready for the fun day ahead of us.

"Come on in!" Miss Abby exclaimed, opening the front door. "Hello!"

We all went to the back of her house, to the pool.

"My mom, the one and only Maryen Lorraine, is home," Miss Abby told us as her mom came outside.

"You girls want some lunch?" Miss Abby asked, and we nodded. "Come inside, there's plenty of food for everyone."

We followed her inside, hungry for lunch.

"Grab a plate on that end. Go through the line, take your food," Miss Abby told us.

I grabbed some mashed potatoes and lots of chicken. And some salad. When we got our food, we went outside to eat at the table. It was so hot.

Miss Abby started complaining about how Cathy should've called and said she wasn't coming, since she was invited.

"Who's going in?" Miss Abby asked, standing up. She pushed Brooke into the pool, causing her to scream very loudly.

"Max, do you want your arm floaties?" Mommy asked as everyone else starting jumping in. I nodded, and she put them on me. They were pink with unicorns on them. "No jumping. Be careful."

I walked to the stairs of the pool, slowly walking in. I couldn't even touch in the shallow end! But the floaties kept me from drowning.

"Good job Max!" Mommy yelled, watching over me very carefully. I tried doggy paddling, purposefully splashing Maddie in the face.

"Hey!" she complained, splashing me back. We had a mini splash fight until Christi and Miss Abby came out. She was holding a very large watermelon. She threw it in the pool, and it splashed everywhere. Even her and Miss Abby got wet!

"The goal of the game is to get out of the pool with the watermelon," Miss Abby told us.

We all swam after the melon, trying to grab it. It was very slippery!

I climbed on top of the girls, reaching for the watermelon. I slipped and fell into the pool, being saved by my floaties. Miss Abby was encouraging us from the sidelines.

The watermelon floated over to Maddie, and she grabbed ahold of it. She started swimming with it until the other girls took it from her. She distanced herself, getting out of the pool.

"I want that watermelon!" I shouted, doggy paddling over to the other girls. I shoved Nia out of the way I wrapped my arms around the melon. It slipped out from underneath me, and Paige caught it as it rose above. "Aww man."

"Go get it back Max!" I heard Christi yell. I tried to keep up with the girls, but they were too good.

Maddie started crying, holding her knee from outside of the pool. Mommy walked over to her.

Nia went on top of Paige while Brooke was under the water.

All of the girls grabbed the melon, carrying it out of the water. I tried my best to help, and Miss Abby clapped when we successfully completed the game.

Maddie was still crying, so I went over to her. I sat down next to her while Brooke swam over.

"What's wrong?" she asked, and Maddie showed us her knee.

"It's all swollen," Maddie told us. I looked over and there was a large bruise right on her knee.

"I'm sorry. Bandaids are good," I insisted, and Brooke agreed.

"Yeah, that looks pretty painful. I'm sorry," Brooke added.

-

After a couple more hours at Miss Abby's house, we all left to go back to the hotel and rest up for the competition in the morning.

"Bye Abby, thank you!" Mommy said as we left, the others right behind/in front of us.

"Bye Miss Abby!" Maddie shouted, and she gave her a hug.

We walked to the car after saying goodbye to the other girls.

"Did you guys have fun?" Mommy questioned, buckling me into my car seat.

"Yes, I loved it!" Kenzie exclaimed.

"I'm glad. Is your knee okay?" Mommy asked, looking back at Maddie.

"It still hurts a bit. It's okay though," she replied, and Mommy nodded.

"Did you have fun swimming, Max? With your new arm floaties?" Mommy questioned, and I nodded.

"I loved it!" I shouted, beginning to tell her all about it.

"I think our next mission should be making Max like Justin Biebers music," Maddie said, and Kenzie agreed.

"I'm good. I like Taylor Swift," I insisted. "Play Love Story!"

"Yes!" Kenzie exclaimed, agreeing with me.

"Fine, I like that song," Maddie said as Mommy started playing it.

•Day of competition•

We all woke up bright and early for the competition. Mommy made all of us eat a healthy breakfast at the hotel before we left.

We were sitting in the very large hallway at the competition while Maddie was running her solo. I was drinking some water, sitting next to Kenzie and Mommy. Maddie eventually sat down next to Mommy for a water break.

While we were all sitting, a girl and her mom came over to us. Maddie and Mommy immediately got up and greeted her. I was curious, so I followed them over. Kenzie also came.

"So you're tiny like my Maddie. Are you a good tumbler?" I heard Mommy ask once I caught up to them.

"Yes," the girl said, very confidently.

"Well, Mackenzie and Max are good tumblers, too," Mommy told her.

"And does it really matter who wins or does it really matter who has fun?" the mom asked.

"That's right," Mommy says, nodding.

"What's the answer?" the mom asked her daughter.

"I don't care if I don't win," Maddie chuckled.

"Good luck, it was so nice meeting you," Mommy said to them.

"Nice to meet you, too," the mom spoke. They shook hands and hugged. Who even are these people?

"Good luck to you, honey," Mommy said, shaking the girls hand.

"Maddie, good luck," the mom said to my sister.

We went back to our stuff, and I was very confused.

"Who is that?" I questioned, climbing onto the seat.

"That's Juliana and her mom. Maddie competes against her a lot," Mommy explained, and I grabbed my drink.

-

I was shocked. Maddie, Brooke and I were the only ones who qualified for the pageant. They didn't show Brooke, though. I was so happy I qualified. I thought I was too young for it, but I guess there isn't an age limit. Yay! I felt bad for Kenzie though, she totally deserved to be in the pageant.

I was performing one of my old solos entitled 'Mickey Mouse.' It's one of my favorites. I'm dressed up like Mickey Mouse, and the song is the theme song from the show!

I was able to slip my dress on, get my hair done and apply makeup just in time.

"You look so adorable, I'm so proud of you for making it into the pageant!" Mommy exclaimed, kissing my cheek and leading me to the theatre.

I went backstage with Maddie and Brooke, and Maddie was getting ready for her solo.

"Go Mads!" I whisper-yelled when the person before her finished. She gave me a thumbs up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, your first entry in the StarPower Orlando pageant," the EMCEE announced, and Maddie took the stage. As always, she danced amazing. "Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Maddie..."

"And now please welcome back, performing to 'The Sparrow,'" the EMCEE spoke, and Juliana entered the stage. She did well, but I think Maddie was better.

I was so nervous I thought I was going to pee my pants. I've never done a pageant before. I started pacing, and I swear I was gonna start sobbing.

"Max, relax, it's okay," Maddie said, grabbing my shoulders. "You're gonna do find. You know the dance, you've got this."

"Yeah. You're prepared for this," Brooke added, smiling at me.

Maddie released my shoulders, and I went up to the wings. I looked back and Brooke and Maddie gave me another thumbs up, and I smiled a bit.

"Up next we have Miss Max performing 'Mickey Mouse,'" the EMCEE stated, and I took the stage.

M-I-C-K-E-Y

M-O-U-S-E

M-I-C-K-E-Y

M-O-U-S-E

It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Come inside, it's fun inside

It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

I finished my dance and left the stage, very proud of myself. I almost forgot my dance, but I quickly remembered. My almost 4 year old brain is working hard today!

"Good job Max!" Maddie whispered, hugging me when I left the stage. "You did so good."

"You were fabulous, as always," Brooke smiled, also giving me a hug.

"I almost forgot, but I didn't," I informed her and she nodded.

Brooke went soon after, and she was amazing. Her solos are always so good.

"Let's head back to the dressing room to prepare for the interview." Oh no. I totally forgot about the interview!

Maddie, Brooke and I walked down the hall and into the dressing room where Mommy was waiting for us. I ran into her arms, and she picked me up.

"You did so good, baby! I'm so proud of you!" Mommy exclaimed, putting me down after a while. "Let's get you girls ready for the interview."

"I'm scared," I admitted when Mommy took my hair out and started brushing it.

"You'll do great, I know it," Mommy told me. "Just take a deep breath and answer the question."

"I'm sure there's tons of other kids your age," Mommy insisted. "Mads, you good with your hair?"

"Yes, I just have to change," Maddie spoke, rushing to the changing room.

"When she's done, you're next," Mommy said, finishing my hair and moving to my makeup. "Kenzie stop playing with that."

She was messing around with something in Mommy's purse.

"Do you want your toys taken away? 'Cause I certainly can do that," Mommy said, and she shook her head. "Then put Mommy's keys down."

She threw them across the room and stormed away.

"Mackenzie Francis Ziegler!" Mommy shouted, walking over to Kenzie. She started scolding her, and Kenzie kept giving her attitude. "Drop the attitude or you'll be in serious trouble."

"No!" Kenzie argued as Maddie came out of the changing room.

"You are in big trouble young lady. Max, you're up," Mommy said, handing me my dress for the interview. I went into the changing room and changed as fast as I could

When I finished, I handed Mommy my Mickey Mouse Dress. She hung it up.

"Mackenzie, do you have something you'd like to say to me?" Mommy questioned, putting my dress away. She shook her head. "Then no more toys for a month."

"No!"

"Two months."

"Stop it!"

"Three months!"

"No! Stop it!"

"Say you're sorry."

"No."

"Four months!"

"No!" Kenzie stormed into the changing room, Mommy right on her tail.

"We have to go backstage. Mom will see us on stage," Maddie insisted, and we left the dressing room.

Backstage is always super nerve-wracking. Especially since I have an interview. They will be asking me questions, and I have to answer it on stage. Thankfully Maddie went first, so at least I could watch her before me. Gia went over to Maddie to give her a pep talk before she went onstage.

Juliana went before Maddie, so we watched her from the wings.

"Hi, my name is Juliana. I'm from Saddle River, New Jersey. I'm so honored to be here tonight. I'd like to thank my mom for supporting me in all I do. StarPower, thank you so much for this opportunity," she spoke, taking a curtsy before leaving the stage. I hate to say this, but she did very good.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Juliana..." the EMCEE trailed off. Maddie looked even more nervous.

Soon it was her turn, and she went onstage. I cheered with Gia.

"Good evening ladies, gentlemen, and judges. My name is Maddie, I am 8 years old, and I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I hope you enjoyed my eve...my performance this evening. Thank you," Maddie finished, walking offstage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Maddie..."

I just know Miss Abby won't like that performance, and neither will Maddie.

"Good job, Maddie," Gia told her. I could tell that she was upset.

Brooke was next, and her speaking was perfect. She seemed happy with her performance.

I was so so nervous. I've never spoken in front of judges before. What if I mess up? What if I don't know what to say?

"Max. I know you've never done anything like this before, but you've spoken in front of large crowds in the past. Pretend everyone is in their underwear. You can do this," Gia stated, giving me a high-five.

It was my turn, so I walked onstage. I put on my smile and my best walk for the judges.

The mic was too tall for me, so I had to stand on my tippy toes. I still couldn't teach it. A crew member from backstage ran onto the stage and quickly lowered the mic for me.

"Thank you!" I yelled, and the audience laughed. I turned my attention back to the judges. "Hello. I'm Max. I am from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I had fun dancing. I hope you...I hope you liked my dance. Fhank you," I finished, giving a curtsy and exiting the stage.

I was angry that I didn't say "thank you" correctly, or that I paused while speaking.

"Good job Max!" Maddie exclaimed, hugging me from the wings. Gia came over and stole me away from Maddie.

"Nice work, you did so good," she said, pulling me in for a hug.

"Thank you." Oh come on. Seriously?

-

A while later, it was time for the pageant awards. Maddie, Mommy and I went onstage with the other girls and moms. Brooke and Kelly were also there, but the cameras didn't show it.

"Ladies and gentlemen, our second runner-up with a fabulous score, Max!" the EMCEE announced, and Mommy went up to get my award with me. We stood on the stage, Maddie anxiously waiting behind us.

"Ladies and gentlemen, our first runner-up for the evening with an outstanding score, Juliana." she got second.

"Ladies and gentlemen, your winner tonight, Maddie," the EMCEE finished, and Maddie went to get her award. Mommy rushed after her. "Who's your teacher?"

"Abby Lee Miller," she replied. Maddie got a banner and a bouquet of roses.

We exited the stage and met up with the others.

"Good job girls, I'm so proud of you!" Miss Abby yelled, engulfing us in a hug. "Congratulations on another win, Maddie."

"Thank you," she smiled, pulling away. I walked back to Mommy, who kissed my head and grabbed Kenzie's hand.

"I'm so proud of you Max, you were amazing! You were the funniest girl there," Mommy insisted, and I smiled.

-

In the dressing room, everyone was getting ready for the group dance. Mommy continued her argument with Kenzie.

"Good job Max!" Chloe exclaimed, rushing over to me when I walked in.

"Thank you," I stated, and we had a quick hug before she went back to getting ready.

I was still upset about our trio being pulled. Why can't me and Kenzie do it as a duet?

"Let's go. Come on. You ready, Nia? Let's go. Brandon, Brooke, what's going on over there?" Miss Abby asked. "You both look miserable. You should draw the judges' eyes over to you. That's the choreography. If they look over and see vanilla paste drying, they're not going to keep looking over."

The girls (and guy!) were in their outfits, ready to go. We walked through the building and back to the theatre. They had a quick rehearsal onstage before the actual competition. Kenzie and I sat in the audience with the moms.

They did amazing, the dance was great. When the girls came out, Kenzie and I immediately hugged Maddie. Miss Abby didn't seem happy. She wanted the girls to go to the dressing room so she could talk with them.

Brandon and Diane took off. They didn't stay for awards. I thought that was a bit weird.

Kenzie and I went onstage with the other girls, ready for awards.

"Hello, everybody! Let me hear you scream!" the announcer shouted, and the curtains opened as we danced. "Third place champion is number 679 from Steppin' Out. Second place champion is 'Fly to Your Heart,' Next Generation Dance, number 645. The champion today in our Star Division
12-A, 'About That Walk,' Next Generation Dance, number 648." the group dance didn't place.

Miss Abby wasn't happy with the group's placement. They didn't even place in the top ten!

We went back to the hotel a little later. Hopefully tomorrow's competition goes better. I know Maddie was upset about the group not placing.

•Competition Day 2•

Yet again we woke up bright and early, ready for the busy day ahead of us.

Mommy made us have a healthy breakfast again before heading off to the competition.

-

We all met in the dressing room of the competition again, and everyone was getting ready for their solo's.

"We are rehearsing Nia's solo. I want Nia to put her Bollywood costume on," Miss Abby instructed. They went in the hall so she could rehearse the number.

"My iPad just died," Kenzie groaned, and Mommy gave her a charger.

"You're on thin ice young lady," Mommy said, pointing at Kenzie before walking away.

"Okay Wild Kratts now," I suggested, and she agreed. We were watching a Barbie movie before.

Nia and Holly came back into the dressing room, and the mood drastically shifted. I noticed Mommy give them a look as they walked by her and Maddie.

Holly started crying, and Mommy went over to help her out. She went to the bathroom and Nia, Christi, and Chloe went after her.

Maddie went backstage with Nia while the rest of us went into the audience.

"Please welcome to the stage, Nia!" the EMCEE announced, and Nia went onstage. "This is 'Bollywood.'"

She did amazing, she was so good!

There were also two unaired solos. Brooke had one entitled 'Creatures,' and Paige had one called 'People.' Both of them were outstanding.

It was time for awards, so all of the girls went onstage. Kenzie and I decided to stay with Mommy for this.

"We have some special awards to give away, here we go. 9-11 Folkloric, now. Number 441-A, Nia with 'Bollywood,' four and three-quarters stars, and a first place trophy," the announcer stated, and Nia went up to get her award. I was so happy for her, she won!

Brooke didn't place, and Paige got 4.75 stars. That's awesome!

-

We were back in the dressing room at the hotel, and Cathy and Vivi were there with us. Maddie, Kenzie and I were coloring on the ground when Miss Abby walked in. Brooke was playing with a balloon next to us.

"What do we think, girls?" Miss Abby questioned. "So, I have a little more news. I think your mothers are gonna fall off their chairs."

"Oh, God, what?" Kelly asked, dreading the answer.

"We're going from here, to Vegas, to Los Angeles and to Lake Tahoe," Miss Abby announced. We all squealed in excitement.

"I'm not gonna fall off my chair, I'm gonna shoot myself," Kelly joked.

"And you better be the overall high scorer, do you understand?" Miss Abby asked as the girls started throwing balloons everywhere. I grabbed a pink one and threw it to Paige, who threw it to Chloe.

"I don't think the moms are so excited," Kelly spoke, shaking her head.

"No moms! No moms! No moms! No moms! Come on, help me out here," Miss Abby said to us, hugging Brooke.

"No moms!" I shouted, smiling. Mommy laughed.

"Max gets it!" Miss Abby laughed, walking over to Cathy.

"You really want to travel that much without Mommy?" she questioned, and I pretended to think about it before nodding. She laughed.

We went back to our hotel room, feeling the excitement of getting to travel very soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 261 21
Amaya Manchester is a beautiful little dancer her and her sister get an opportunity to dance for abby. Amaya isn't the favorite kid but what happens...
21.2K 503 23
Alison Montgomery has been dancing at the aldc since she was 3. She is considered Abby's "star". One day, she is selected to be on a new reality tv s...
19.6K 304 12
Nini is one of Abby's most prized students. She's hardworking, determined, and she wins. What more could Abby want from a student? What happens when...
578K 4.6K 174
Madeline Ziegler is Maddie and Mackenzie younger sibling. She's only 7 and a really great dancer. She was higher than Maddie was at her age. Now that...