Jealous, Harrington? | Steve...

By smellslikeseptember

*BOOK ONE* Julie Harlow and Steve Harrington have been best friends since 7th grade. Now attending Hawkins Co... More

Playlist.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.

Eight.

42 2 41
By smellslikeseptember

Julie pov

"So, what did you do last night?" Stacy asked, jotting down notes as we sat in class.

"Oh, not much," I avoided her gaze, keeping my eyes focused on the front of the room. "You?"

"Picked up some movies, ordered Benny's. Tried to forget about my stupid ex boyfriend. You know, nothing too exciting," she looked over with a soft smile.

I nodded, turning my attention back to my notebook. The image of Billy tightly gripping her hips was still fresh in my mind, but I guess it had already left hers.

"Have you talked to him at all?" I asked, referring to Paul.

"No, he's been avoiding me," she looked out the nearby window, "which is really fucking stupid, considering."

I shook my head as I looked over my notes. The audacity this girl had never ceased to amaze me.

"So... sorry," she turned back toward me, flipping her crispy, platinum hair over her shoulder, "but I'll be in my own bed tonight."

"You don't have to apologize... it's your bed. Might as well use it," I glanced back down at my notes.

"Yeah, my parents should be happy about that," she scoffed, rolling her eyes.

When class ended a few minutes later, I quickly packed up my stuff like usual. Though I noticed Stacy wasn't in any hurry.

"Hey, what do you know about Eddie Munson?" Stacy asked, watching him and Gareth leave the room.

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "Um... I mean he's nice. I don't know much about him, though," I shrugged, gathering my books.

"Isn't he in a band?"

"Yeah, I think so. Him, Gareth and a few others," I stood up, grabbing my bag as I waited for Stacy to get her stuff.

"That's hot," she smiled as we walked out of the classroom.

I rolled my eyes, hoping Eddie wouldn't be another notch on Stacy's bedpost that I'd end up walking in on.

..

It was around 7:30 as I sat on my bed, working on homework, waiting for Steve's shift to end. Stacy was on her bed, headphones on and staring at her Poison poster, probably planning her big escape from Hawkins.

A knock at the door interrupted the silence. Knowing I wasn't expecting anyone, Stacy quickly took off for the door.

"Hey," she smiled, relaxing in the doorway. Her tone was hushed and flirty as she talked to someone in the hall. "No, my roommate's here right now. Can we go to yours? ...ugh. Right."

I closed my book, suddenly feeling like I was an inconvenience. "Hey, Stace," I called, packing up my books, "you can have the room if you want it. I'm going to head out for a bit."

"Are you sure?" She looked over, keeping the door slightly cracked open.

"Yeah, I'll be back later tonight," I shrugged, putting my black tote bag over my shoulder.

"Okay," she said before turning back to the door. "Come back in 10?" She said softly to her mystery hook up.

I rolled my eyes, knowing it was probably Billy again. I grabbed my jacket and keys as she raced over to our dresser. She grabbed a matching black lace lingerie set out of one of her drawers and thigh high fishnets. As long as they stayed out of my bed, I thought to myself.

"Don't have too much fun," I winked before leaving.

I headed out to my car, immediately seeing a familiar head of curls outside. He was puffing on a cigarette, sitting on one of the brick half walls.

"Jules," he looked over. I nodded at him. "Enjoy the show last night?"

I rolled my eyes, "something like that."

He jumped off the wall, heading to the entrance of the building. "Tell Harrington I said hi," he called before I got into my car.

I shook my head, still not completely understanding the rivalry between those two.

..

"Welcome to Family Video, let me know if you need help with anything," Robin said, not looking over from the small computer screen.

"Hey stranger," I smiled, stopping at the front counter.

"Julie!" she beamed, standing up from her chair.

"I never see you anymore, how have you been?"

"Busy. Classes are so hectic right now," she sighed. "Oh, I heard you stopped by my room last night?"

"Yeah, Stacy kicked me out of mine," I rolled my eyes.

"Really?" She grimaced, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Yeah, but I stayed with Steve, so it was fine."

She nodded, something clearly on her mind.

"Hey Jules," Steve shot me a smile as he walked back from the back room.

"Hey," I sighed in defeat.

"Did she kick you out again?" I nodded. "Seriously?" He asked, putting his hands on his hips.

"Yep. She was all hush hush with someone that came to our door," I rolled my eyes. "But I didn't mind coming to see my two faves," I half smiled.

"You love me more than Steve, right?"

"Obviously," I chuckled.

"Hear that, Steve? Your girl loves me more!" I looked over at Steve before he broke eye contact. "On that note, I'm going to go get our food from Benny's," she said, tossing her vest onto the counter. "Hold the fort down, Steve-o," she said before walking out.

"You guys been slow tonight?" I asked, glossing over the 'your girl' comment.

"Oh yeah," he huffed, holding up Keith's famous list.

"So, what do you want to do after you get off tonight?" I asked, leaning on the counter.

"I don't know..." he trailed off, his dark brown eyes finding my lips.

"How long is Robin going to be gone?" I asked, looking back at the glass door. The open sign lit up the sidewalk in front of the building, revealing no cars in the small parking lot.

"10 minutes," he glanced at the clock. I narrowed my eyes, nodding slowly as a smile played on my lips. He grabbed my hand, leading me behind the counter.

"Cameras?" I asked, looking at the very obvious set up in the lobby.

"Not back here," he led us into the small room in the back of the lobby.

"Okay, Mr. Harrington, now you're probably wondering why I pulled you into my office today..." I turned to face him as he left the door cracked.

"Get over here, Harlow," he grabbed my hand, pushing me up against the wall by the door.

He kissed me hard and urgent, his hands roaming my body. He picked me up, my legs hooking around his hips as he pressed me into the wall.

"I want you so bad right now," he whispered in my ear, kissing my neck before meeting my lips again.

"I'm all yours," I said against his lips, my hands quickly finding his thick hair.

One of his hands left my thigh, helping pull my shirt over my head, revealing a bra he hadn't yet seen. His eyes roamed the sheer mesh, they darkened as they met mine again.

"Let me down," I whispered in his ear.

"Everything okay?" he pulled back, studying my expression.

"Yeah, I just want to try something," I murmured, my lips twisting into a smile.

He nodded, stepping away from the wall, letting my feet gently meet the floor. I eyed the desk behind him before gently guiding him to the edge. I locked eyes with him, grabbing for his belt buckle. His eyes made their way down as I loosened his brown leather belt as I went down on my knees.

He swallowed hard, his dark eyes making their way back to mine. A small smile tugged on his lips, he took his bottom lip between his teeth, anticipating my next move.

"Hopefully you've never done this at work," I said quietly as I reached for the button of his jeans.

"No," he chuckled. I smiled, somewhat relieved at his answer.

His eyes darted up to the door as the bell above the door jingled.

"Shit," he rolled his eyes. "I'll be with you in just a second!" He called, refastening his belt. "We'll have to finish this later-"

"Finish what- oh my-Julie!" Robin shrieked, covering her eyes, stepping back into the lobby.

"Hey Robin," I quickly stood up and grabbed my top from the floor.

"At work, guys? Really?!" she called as I slipped my shirt back on.

"The door was cracked," he shrugged with a laugh as we walked back into the lobby.

"Okay, well, I think I'm going to my parents' or something," I mumbled, hiding my red face.

"What? Why?" Robin asked, grabbing the bag from Benny's.

"I don't know... for one, you just caught me without a shirt on and-"

"Stop," she interrupted me. "As if I didn't know something was going on. Like that day Stevie Boy showed up smelling like your body wash," she smiled, handing Steve a box.

"Okay, I'm definitely leaving," I started toward the door.

"Julie, get over here," Robin rolled her eyes. "I got you food," she held up a foil wrapped sandwich.

"Fine," I sighed, walking back to where Robin and Steve were standing next to the return cart.

"Plus. I really don't care, as long as you two don't fuck up our group," she said before eating a French fry. "I'm looking at you, Dingus."

"Thanks for the confidence, Rob." Steve said with a glare. Robin shot him a wink before taking a bite of her sandwich.

..

After a slow shift at Family Video, Robin let Steve leave early. She eyed us as we walked out, shaking her head, telling us to be safe in the most motherly tone she could muster.

I dropped my car off at the dorms, and Steve and I drove around Hawkins for a while, eventually pulling into the vacant park. Summer break was a few weeks away, and Steve's windows were already starting to fog up from the warm humid air outside.

"Don't trust the sign, no one listens to the 8 o'clock curfew," he said, parking. I nodded, looking at his car clock, which read 10:45.

I looked over, a grin spreading on my face.

"What?" He asked, amusement in his tone.

"Backseat?"

"You don't have to ask me twice," he said as we both got out, making sure to leave the car on.

He sat in the middle seat, pulling me onto his lap. My hands found his hair, as his wandered my back. He brought me in for a kiss as I slowly grinded my hips into his.

He pulled back, unzipping my jacket. "Far too many clothes," he muttered, helping me shrug out of it.

His lips met my neck, sucking as he trailed his way back up to my lips.

"I might say the same thing to you, Mr. Harrington." He took his jacket off, leaving it along with his t-shirt on the seat next to us.

"Better?" he asked, a mischievous grin playing on his lips.

"Getting there," I smiled, pressing my lips back into his. He pulled the straps of my tank top down, sliding it down to my waist.

I felt him twitch under me as he revealed my bra. He reached behind me, quickly unclasping it and putting it on the seat next to us. I ignored the thoughts that ran through my mind with how easy that was for him.

"So beautiful," he pressed his lips into my skin. Soft moans left my lips before he kissed me again with urgency. "Need you," he mumbled.

I nodded, shrugging out my leggings. He grabbed a condom out of his jacket's pocket before also shrugging out of his jeans. Quickly rolling the condom on, he pulled me back onto his lap.

I locked eyes with him as I lowered myself down, my breath hitching in my throat as I took all of him.

"Fuck that feels good," I sighed, earning a smile from him. I slowly circled my hips. Steve's hands quickly finding them and pressing his fingertips into my skin.

I rolled my hips against his, earning several moans from him. Feeling my high quickly building, I slowed.

"You're close, aren't you?" Steve asked. I nodded. "I can feel it."

He roughly grabbed my hips, thrusting up into me until I couldn't take it anymore. "Yeah, that's it, Jules," he whispered in my ear.

My eyes reflexively rolled back, as I arched my back. Moans tumbled from my lips as I bought my forehead to his shoulder.

"So good," Steve quietly said as I brought my lips back to his. I noticed headlights driving by, slowing as they pulled into the park.

"That's weird," I said between kisses.

"What?" He asked, no concern in his tone.

"Another car pulled into the park," I slowed my movements as the car turned in our direction. "Um..."

As Steve turned his head, a spotlight illuminated the back window, blinding both of us.

"Holy shit, that's a cop!" He yelled. "Get your pants on! Get your fucking pants on!" He frantically pushed me off of his lap.

"Where are they?!" I felt around the seats, the glare skewing my view.

"Find them!" He exclaimed pulling his own up. "Hurry up!" He yelled as he looked through the back window.

The large SUV had stopped behind us, knowing I didn't have much time, I thankfully found my leggings on the floor and quickly put them on.

"Pull your top up!" Steve scrambled, grabbing his jacket since his black t-shirt was nowhere to be found.

I heard the door slam, knowing we about to get confronted. I tossed my bra on the floor as we were met by a knock on the driver's side window.

"Stay fucking calm," Steve warned, though it sounded like he was more telling himself. Steve rolled down the window from the backseat, letting out a long, shaky breath.

"Hi folks, just wanted to let you know you're in the park after-hours- Steve Harrington?" He asked.

"Hi, Hop."

I felt my jaw drop.

"Julie Harlow?" He leaned down, flashing his light into the car. I waved. "What are you two doing in the park so late?"

"Making out," Steve said in defeat.

"Really?" He asked, more shocked than anything. "You two?"

Steve nodded.

"Well, I appreciate the honesty. You don't know how many people say they were just talking in the backseat."

"No, no. I'd never lie," Steve shook his head. He really was a bad liar.

"Good," he eyed him. "Oh, and before I let you guys go, I'm going to have to ask Julie a few questions."

"Okay," I nodded as Hopper walked around the car to the passenger side.

"It's okay, it's just Hopper," he said softly, doing his best to calm my nerves. I nodded, getting out.

"Alright, Julie. I just wanted to make sure you're here on your own accord. Steve isn't forcing you to be here," he asked, putting his hand on Steve's BMW.

"Yeah, my decision," I crossed my arms, glancing at my untied shoes.

He nodded, "okay. Well, you two get back home... tell your mom hi for me?" He asked, walking back to his Bronco.

I nodded, getting back into the passenger seat. I looked back at Steve who was still in the backseat. I watched Hopper's headlights pull out of the park and drive back onto the main road.

"Everything okay?" he asked, getting back into the front seat.

I pressed my lips together, nodding. "We should get out of here though," I smirked, doing my best to hold back my laughter.

"You wanna go back to the dorms?" He asked, pulling out of his parking spot.

"Not really," I sighed, knowing Stacy would be in my room, and Jake in his.

He looked over, "we don't have many options, Jules," he said before turning his attention back to the road, waiting for cars to pass.

I thought for a second. "We could go to my parents' house?" I suggested. I let out a silent chuckle as his brow furrowed. "It's not like they're going to bother us or anything... plus, my mom would probably be happy to see her favorite college kids."

"Fine, but only because I don't want the night to end yet," he said, placing his hand on my knee, his eyes briefly meeting mine.

My face warmed at his statement. Truthfully, I didn't want it to end either.

"But we do have to stop at the dorms for clothes," he said, turning on to the street HCC was on.

Steve and I went our separate ways to pack for the night. I took a deep breath, unlocking my door, hoping I wouldn't be horrified at what was on the other side.

Instead, I was met by a dark room, the only light shining in from the window between our beds. I flipped on the light, walking over to our dresser, being met by a note.

"Went to talk to Paul. I'll be back later tonight. XO, Stacy."

I shook my head with a huff, grabbing clothes out of one of my drawers. Though the chance of her coming back that night seemed slim, I didn't want to take a chance and be walked in on.

I turned the light off before locking my door. I met Steve at his car, and we made the short drive to my parents' house.

I was hoping my mom wouldn't have a million and one questions about why we both there at 11:30, but I knew better.

. . . . . . . . . .

A/N

Heyyyy...its been a minute. Sorry for the long break.

Some good news though... most of the next few chapters are almost done. So, those should be out soon. 🎉

We might be getting close to the end of this story, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

But thank you for reading and commenting. It seriously means SO much to me.

As always

🖤🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 236 32
We all know the feeling of jealousy, right? This is probably the most brutal feeling a person can feel after a breakup. That's exactly what I felt. M...
2K 22 16
STEVE HARRINGTON x OC | BOOK 2 Phoebe and the rest of the Hawkins gang continue on with life after the events of last year. She and Steve are forced...
33.3K 892 85
Jenna Henderson and Steve Harrington have been best friends since they met back in elementary school. What happens when their tight knit bond is test...