Star Wars: Legacy of Darth No...

By GreenAsEnvy

When a Jedi Padawan discovers his heritage, relation to an ancient Sith Lord, the direction the galaxy takes... More

Unfit for Knighthood
Getting Away
Finding What Was Lost
A Night's End
A Conversation With Nox
Rakghouls, Doctors, and Bureaucrats, Oh My!
Getting Off Taris
Return to Coruscant
The Trial of Will
Meeting with the Council
To Level 1313
One Lightsaber Lost, Another Rebuilt
Training With Nox
The Sabaac Tournament
Arrival on Raxus
The Lines We Walk
Negotiating "Peace"
The Journey Back
Senate Speeches and Sith Justice
Don't Show Your Hand
Kyber and Community Service
Fixing (Some Of) Our Messes
The Council and Hunting
Fight at the Generators, A New Crewmate
Alone Again, Only Slightly Insane
Quick Note
Visitors of the Night
The Library of Mortis
Fight at the Son's Tower
Dark Side on the Rise
Visions of the Dark
The End of Mortis
Captured!
What Happened?
Disturbed Dreams
Cutting Room Floor: Overwatch
Dogma Days
Lightsaber Training
A Conversation, A Master's Research
A Master's Decision
Run Through The Temple
Escape and Dealing With Annoyances
Space Station Massacre
Discover the Past
Perfectly Legitimate Gains
AN 3/22/2024: HIATUS

Arrival on Mortis

1.2K 52 5
By GreenAsEnvy

The Reckoner came out of hyperspace. It had taken around three jumps to reach the Chreylithiumn system, but he eventually made it. However, once the ship came out of hyperspace, there was nothing there. The star was far away, and there were no planets or other ships in sight.

"Well, this was a waste of fuel," (Y/N) sighed, getting ready to turn around. Before he got a chance, though, a number of systems on the ship went offline.

"Damn it, c'mon, you stupid..." (Y/N) sighed, before turning to the diagnostic console. Every single system besides lights, artificial gravity, and life support was offline. Hyperspace was down. Controls were down. Engines were down. The Reckoner was stuck floating through space.

His attention was torn from the controls when the cockpit was bathed in a red light. When he looked out the front window, he was met with what had to be some form of spacecraft or debris. It was a large crimson cube of some form, and it was getting closer. (Y/N) quickly sat behind the controls and attempted to start the engines again, but it was of no use. When the cube got closer to the Reckoner, it opened along the middle, releasing a bright white light. (Y/N) used one hand to shield his eyes, while the other continued to turn the systems back on. However, before he could get the opportunity to, (Y/N) blacked out.

When he came to, (Y/N) saw a cliff face with a cave carved into it. His ship had safely landed, though he wasn't the one to land it. That left him confused, as he wasn't sure how it could have landed properly. If he were knocked out, Nox couldn't interact with the outside world, so it wasn't him, and there was no one else on the ship. (Y/N) put on Kallig's helmet with its built-in oxygen mask before stepping out of the ship onto the grass of the planet, holding a device to check the breathability of the air. He tried to get a reading, but before he got the chance, he was met with someone attempting to swing a lightsaber at his face. He blocked it with his own, but the enemy kept up the attack with a slash at his legs.

"You asshole. I'm just trying to get a breathability reading here!" (Y/N) yelled at his attacker.

"If it sets back your Sith agenda, then I will do whatever it takes," Skywalker replied. "Now, why did you bring us here? Where are we?!"

"Bring you here? For once in your life, use the three pounds of gray matter in that skull of yours and think!" (Y/N) taunted. "If I brought you here, why would I need to check the breathability of the air? I don't know where the hell this place is either!"

"As much as I hate to admit it, Anakin," Obi-Wan interjected from behind Skywalker, "he raises a good point."

"Are you the O'Khan?" a voice asked (Y/N), again seemingly in his head. He turned to where it appeared to be coming from, as did Skywalker.

"You heard it too?" (Y/N) asked the Jedi Knight, putting his lightsaber away.

"Yeah," Anakin replied, doing the same.

"Are you the O'Khan?" it repeated, though this time it came from a person. It was a pale woman with green hair and flowing silk robes. She seemed to be emanating light from herself, giving her an angelic look.

"Who are you?" Skywalker asked the woman, placing his hands on his hips.

"I am the Daughter," she replied. "Are you the O'Khan?"

"Uh, the one what?" Anakin asked.

"Wait, the one?" (Y/N) asked. "Isn't she asking about some kind of O'Khan?"

"I ask two questions to two people. I will take you to him."

"To him, who?" Ahsoka asked, not believing the Daughter.

"He can help you. We must hurry, there isn't much time," the Daughter stressed. "We must have shelter by nightfall." She turned her back to the group and began walking away, uncaring whether or not they followed her.

"And we thought the planet was strange, how about this one?" Anakin asked under his breath, mocking her.

"We'll be fine, as long as we all just stay together." Kenobi replied. "Except maybe you."

"Me? What did I do? Other than fall because that's cheap."

The four began walking behind her, until eventually they were walking along a cliff path. Anakin and (Y/N) were walking in the front, while Kenobi and Ahsoka were behind them. 'To keep an eye on (Y/N),' he was told.

"Notice how the seasons change with the time of day," Kenobi whispered, curious.

"Yeah, I saw that," Anakin confirmed.

"Don't worry, Master Kenobi," (Y/N) reassured. "You aren't going senile yet."

"And the animals too," Ahsoka added.

"That's enough out of you, (Y/N)," Kenobi tutted. "Can't you sense it, Anakin?"

"Yeah, ever since we arrived. This place is very strong in the Force."

"An intersection unlike anything I've ever felt before. Be wary."

"Hey, who are you taking us to?" Anakin asked the Daughter, hoping to finally get a straight answer out of her.

"The Father of course," the daughter replied, as if speaking to a child.

"Of course," Ahsoka mimicked sarcastically.

"And who exactly are you?" Kenobi asked.

"We are The Ones," the Daughter replied. "We are the ones who guard the power. We are the beginning, the middle, and the end."

"Glad she cleared that up for us," Anakin whispered to the rest of the group, also very sarcastically.

"She's even more cryptic than Spindrall, and that guy was completely insane," Nox said inside (Y/N)'s head, "He lived in a Sith Tomb for thirty years!"

All of this crypticness and arguing just made (Y/N) annoyed at the noise and talking in circles. It was quickly becoming autumn on the planet due to the change of seasons as the time passed. (Y/N) was about to make his mind known to the rest of the group when a boulder came crashing towards them.

"Hey, look out!" Anakin yelled, pushing the Daughter away from where the rock would land as Ahsoka and Obi-Wan jumped in the other direction. (Y/N), meanwhile, had a more direct approach. He shot the rock with lightning, letting out his frustration. The rock broke some, however enough of it remained that instead of collapsing the ridge the group was on, it simply blocked the path. On one side of the rock was Anakin, the Daughter, and (Y/N), while on the other side was Obi-Wan and Ahsoka.

Anakin went to help the Daughter up, but she had some thoughts on that, angrily saying, "It is forbidden for you to touch me." When she said this, it seemed the entire mountain range they were in reverberated with her words.

Anakin backed up slightly, putting his hands up in mock surrender. "Sorry," he muttered, sarcastically once again.

"No offense, lady," (Y/N) interjected, "but he and I did just kind of save your life."

"That was my brother's work. You are all in grave danger," she said. "Wait for me here. Do not leave this place."

Anakin was going to interrupt her departure when his communicator went off. It was from the other side of the debris, specifically Obi-Wan.

"Anakin, are you there?" he asked. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, though our friend here has just run off!" Anakin exclaimed. "Head back to the ship, see if you can get another distress signal off. I'm going to follow her."

"Anakin, wait," Kenobi urged. "Wait for us to see if there's another way around. What if this is a trap?"

"Then we spring it, better to possibly interrupt its set up than wait for it to come to us," (Y/N) suggested.

"Both of you-" Kenobi began, but Anakin put his communicator away, ending the conversation. Both of them started to follow the Daughter, however there was no sign of her.

"Well, isn't that just lovely," (Y/N) sighed. "What should we do? Storm's coming, we need shelter."

"Just follow the path we're on until we find a cave or something. Try to keep up."

After some running, (Y/N) and Anakin made it to a cave in a hill, though not without some close calls from the lightning of the storm. (Y/N) knew just from being near one of the impacts that he did not want to take one head on. Once they dove into the cave, (Y/N) took a moment to sit and breathe, while Anakin kneeled near the mouth of it.

"Whoever we're looking for," he said, sure of himself, "they're in that monastery."

"That can wait until morning, Skywalker," (Y/N) urged. "As someone who's had to take the electricity of a generator of Coruscant on my own, I want nothing to do with the lightning that's coming down outside."

"Well, I didn't know the Sith were such cowards," Anakin quipped before starting to sprint to the monastery. Just like that, (Y/N) was alone on a planet he had no idea of.

"Lovely. Better see if I can't get some shut eye while I'm here," (Y/N) muttered to himself before going to sleep.

However, his sleep would not be peaceful, as he was scheduled to receive a pair of visitors that night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 1.5K 22
"It is time for a new era." It's been months since the fall of Tipoca City... The Batch continue their journey, staying low as they try to stay off t...
16.9K 1K 104
2 years had passed since the last book. Luke and Ines are married for 5 years now, living a calm life with their 3 kids and family, but a sudden dist...
19.2K 425 77
A rewrite of my self-insert Star Wars story, Galactic Overlord. More chapters, story arcs, character interactions etc I got isekai'd into Star Wars a...
21K 580 20
What happens when a long dead extinct Race return to the Galaxy. The foundations of Republic and CIS will be disrupted by the sudden return but can t...