Seeing Fred

By Chapter1991

Why could Leah Derijker, a muggle, suddenly see the ghost of one Fred Weasley? 21-year-old Leah, a girl in th... More

Seeing Fred
Meeting the ghost of...
After the wall
Questions
WWW
A not so quite dubbelganger
Crescent
The Tawny Owl
Teleportation/Orbing/Floo... Whatever
A Muggle in the Castle
Who would have thought... the Weasley twins studying in the library.
Notes
The Other Weasleys
Ottery St. Catchpole
The Tale of Adeline
A Long Overdue Cry
Chili
Revelations
Worst Birthday
A Pensieve Filled With Memories
Potion of Truth
Please, don't
A Stick
A Day in Diagon Alley
Gringotts
A Day at Hogwarts
Advice
The Time Is Here
Bardo
Gone Girl
A Lioness
Pig
My Boys
Liquid Courage
The Sight
A Double Date
Molly
Move in?
Date Night
Potter
Addie
In a Blink of an Eye
Back in School
Meeting the Parents
Christmas
The Twins' Gifts
Valentines
CEOs & Explosions
Epilogue

A Muggle Surprise

1.5K 43 6
By Chapter1991

Leah was sitting at the breakfast table with Harry and Ginny in Grimmauld place, all reading their own piece of newspaper. Leah had spent the night in the guest room, after dinner last night turned into drinking and playing games and she was too pissed to go home. She heard footsteps come in the silent kitchen, a hand going over her back before he sat down next to her, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Does anyone have a hangover potion?" Fred groaned letting his head fall on the table, his hand still on her back.

"Yeah." Harry chuckled as he pushed the last vial over. "We all took one already."

"Thanks, mate." Fred smiled sincerely and chucked the potion in one go. Leah lowered her paper to the table when she heard him sigh in relief.

"Are we ready to go?" She asked as she saw that Fred was already dressed.

"Where are we going anyway?" Ginny asked, looking between the three of them.

"Don't look at me, I don't know either." Fred shrugged, grabbing Leah's forgotten toast.

"It's a surprise, only Harry and I know." She smiled as she pushed her chair back and stood up. Harry grinned and kissed his pouting girlfriend's cheek, before standing up himself.

"But we really should be going." He said. "The others are probably waiting for us."

Fred and Ginny both stuffed their breakfast fast into their mouths before they walked up to the fireplace and floo'd over to the burrow. And like the cousins expected, the whole Weasley clan plus partners were waiting in the living room. Already dressed in their light coats and ready to get going to wherever and whatever Harry and Leah had planned. After they all greeted each other, they walked out to the garden. She counted their heads to be sure everyone was there, fourteen, alright ready to go.

"So, can we know now?" George pouted.

"Nope." Harry and Leah grinned. "Everyone needs to apparate to the apparation point in Bristol station." Harry said.

"What's in Bristol?" Bill asked curiously.

"Nothing but our transport. Now off you go." Leah waved her hands and two by two they started to pop out of the garden. When everyone was gone, Leah took Fred's hand and disappeared with the last pop. They were all standing at the busy apparation point and Harry and Leah made a gesture to follow them. After a few minutes of walking, they stopped in front of a car-rental shop.

"We're going muggle style today, so wands away." Leah whispered to the group.

"And wait here." Harry added before the two walked into the shop. The others all pocketed their wands away and waited for the two to come back as they glanced around the street. About then minutes later, they walked back out each holding a key in their hands.

"We're driving there?" Hermione asked surprised at the sight of the car keys.

"Yes, I'll drive one car and Harry the other."

"You can drive a car?" Several Weasleys asked Harry.

"Leah helped me get my license." He nudged her with a smile.

"Are two cars going to be enough?" Fleur asked with a heavy accent.

"Each car can seat seven." Leah answered and she saw several people make a head count. "So, let's go. We want to make the most out of today."

They all followed them to the two large cars, and Harry and Leah snickered at Arthur's enthusiasm of all things muggle. Fred, George, Bill, Fleur, Molly and Arthur took a seat in her car, while Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Percy, Odilia and Charlie took a seat with Harry.

The drive took about forty minutes and when they arrived Fred, Ron and Percy were all clutching their stomachs.

"I told you I wouldn't get used to it." Fred grinned at Leah after he had a few sips of water.

"It's only the second time, Freddie." She took a bunch of tickets out of her purse and handed them over to the others.

"Oh." Hermione said when her penny dropped. "I haven't been here in ages." Her eyes caught the plan for today.

"And what is here?" George pulled Hermione to his side.

"An amusement park." Harry and Leah chimed with a wide grin.

"An amusement park?" Several muttered.

"Didn't you tell something about that back in school?" Ron asked Hermione as he tried to figure out the ticket.

"Yes, Ronald. I did." Hermione chuckled.

"Why don't we go inside, and you'll see what we're talking about." Leah looped her arm around Fred's waist as he put his around her shoulder, tucking her close and started to walk towards the entrance.

Fifteen minutes later, they were all inside, after Harry repeatedly told the others to show the woman at the entrance the tickets. So, once they were standing on the side, all huddled together, Leah quickly went over the rules at the park.

"Everyone understands?" They all nodded. "Then let check out the rollercoaster." Leah pointed at the large rollercoaster behind them with three loops and a deep dive.

"WICKED!" The twins chimed, their eyes and grin wide. They all rushed to the line of the rollercoaster.

"We're sitting this one out kids." Molly said. "This is a bit extreme for us."

"That's alright, Molly. Here." She handed over her credit card. "There is a little café you can get something to drink or eat, or there." She pointed at a few loose stands nearby. "I think Arthur would love try and win you a prize."

Arthur looked at the stands and bounced on his heels in anticipation. Molly smiled, but it wavered when she saw the card. "I - no."

"Molly, you don't have any muggle money. You can use this to pay at the little machine at the register, just pop it in and when it rings, it's paid for. This day was our idea, you just go and have fun." Molly still looked unsure, but Arthur excepted the card with a grateful smile and took his wife to the stands, to win her a prize.

"So, everyone else in?" She turned to look at the others. Percy and Hermione looked a bit unsure, but with a reassuring squeeze of their partners, they agreed. The line to the rollercoaster was long, but as the group was large, the conversation never wavered and the next moment they were climbing in the carts. She looked over to Fred, who was sitting next to her and even though his eyes sparkled with excitement, she felt his leg twitch nervously against hers. She placed her hand over his and gave it a squeeze. He looked at her with a lopsided smile and just before the barriers lowered themselves, she gave him a kiss. The ride started of slow, you could her the others talking as the carts climbed higher and higher. It was when it dived down the screams roared in the air. The boys laughing and yelling in excitement, while the girls and Percy screamed, Percy more in fear than the thrill. When they stumbled out of the carts, Ron clutched his stomach and started to vomit in the nearest bin.

"That was-" Bill started.

"AMAZING!" The twins, Ginny and Charlie yelled.

"Can we go again?" Ginny nearly bounced up and down.

"Maybe later." Harry chuckled. "There is still a lot more to see. Let's go." He went to loop his arm through Ginny's, but she already darted to the next attraction. Leah grinned as she took Ginny's place and looped her arm through Harry's as they watched the others looking around in amazement, to all the attractions, colours and people.

They made their way back to Molly and Arthur, where Molly was hugging a small stuffed bunny to her chest. Arthur next to her with a proud grin plastered on his face. The next ride was something simple, something for the parents, Percy and Ron who was still nauseous . It was a slow boat ride, like it's a small world from Disney. The twins were utterly bored, so instead of looking at the decorations they let their hands wander on their girlfriends. The only one truly enjoying the ride was Molly, who was pointing at everything they passed, tugging at Arthur's sleeve. He smiled at his wife and indulged her, while in his mind he was thinking about all the mechanics the muggles must put into it.

There was one ride, that was more thrilling but not so bad anyone would sit out and that was the waterlog ride. They went in three different logs, so they would not be squished together. Leah and Hermione said to all laugh when they went down the second slide because they will be taken a picture. So, when the three groups regrouped in front of the camera hut, they all laughed at the different faces. Leah ordered the three pictures when the others had left and knew she could collect them at the end of the day. The day was fun and exhilarating. It was filled with laughter, food and jokes. During lunch, Harry was the one to pay and slipped his card to the waiter without anyone noticing, even Leah. So, when Leah came back from the register, she slapped Harry on the arm. But he just grinned and whispered. I thought you went to the loo. She stuck out her tongue at him as she sat back down.

The twins, Bill, Charlie, Leah and Ginny were the only ones who went into every attraction. The one where the most dropped out was the seventy-meter drop. Leaving the six of them to go in alone while the others went for churros. At the end of the day, they all were slumping back to the car, more tired than they have been in a while. They all climbed back into the same seats and just when Leah was about to step in, Harry called her over.

"Here." He gave her a small vial. "Peper-up. It's a long drive home."

"Thanks, Harry." She smiled gratefully because she indeed started to feel a bit fatigued. She uncorked the bottle and drank it empty, immediately feeling the effects. "That will get us home."

"I'll drive behind you." Harry smiled, before he walked over to his car. They decided to drive back to Devon, seeing that everyone was too tired to apparate and didn't want anyone getting splinched. But they didn't mind, they don't get to drive too much, so it was fun to do so again, embracing the muggle side she grew up with. They weren't even on the highway before everyone in the car was asleep except from Leah and Fred, who sat with her in the front.

"Today was amazing, thank you for planning this with Harry, for all of us." Fred smiled.

"My pleasure. I told you that you needed to learn a lot more about muggles." She chuckled and risked a glance over to him. "Try to sleep, Freddie. You're exhausted."

"I want to keep you company." He ended his sentence with a yawn he couldn't stop.

"Sleep, love. I'll just put on some music to keep me company." She cupped his cheek for a moment, Fred leaning into her touch in an instant. "I love you."

"I love you more." He gave her a goofy smile, his eyes already starting to drop, before his breathing evened out and he slept, just like the others.

Later on, Harry and Leah would laugh about the situation. Because in Harry's car everyone had fallen asleep, even before they drove of the parking lot. Ginny's snoring filled the car before he turned up the music a bit to tune it out. Even when they stopped at the gas station, to fill the tank and stretch their legs, the other twelve in the two cars were still fast asleep. Ginny's snoring reaching them as they leaned against the car, talking about the day. It was fortunate that most of the Weasleys didn't know for what they had to pay or not in the amusement park, so Harry and Leah could pay for everything without them noticing it, because they knew they would never accept it. But it was their idea, they wanted to splurge and have a great family day without anyone worrying. And that is what they had; this was a day that will come up in future conversations, reminiscing about their first muggle outing as a family, but certainly not their last.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 41.9K 94
"I jumped across for you Oh, what a thing to do 'Cause you were all yellow" - Leah Hadleigh is no stranger to the Weasley family, having spent most o...
46K 863 21
Y/N and the Weasley twins have always been close. What happens when she starts to fall for one of them? ˗ˏˋ a little bit of love and a sprinkle of 𝘴...
270K 5.5K 99
Since the first year y/n Avery has been a friend group with the other Gryffindors in her year. Sharing a dorm with three of them Angelina, Alicia and...
27 2 6
Y/N Y/L/N, was a muggle born witch who became part of an untouchable trio with the Weasley twins. But when 6th year hits and the crush you've had on...