The tailor and the vampire lo...

By Just-Your-Local-Kiwi

Error the forced god of destruction, broken and battered has fallen into the void but instead of being torn a... More

1: Falling in the abyss and meeting what lurks below
3: A rogue Gaster blocks the way!
4: Into the void we go...again
5: Waking up in a new multiverse...again
6: A walk through a forest
7: What is a family
8: Name giving
9: Meeting the village leader
10: The burning bat on the doorstep
11: recovery and release
11.5 : a few nice days

2: Crossing paths and nothings goes as planned

963 49 23
By Just-Your-Local-Kiwi

The art above is drawn by me :))

EDIT 14 July: compiled two chapters together but split the last half to end on a cliff hanger to continue next chapter.

____________________________________________

When Error woke up again, it was great relectunence and he would do so alone.

He lingered, desperately clinging onto the dream of being held and safe, something unfamiliar but he craved to feel again very deeply but as he woke up it all slipped away as if he was ting to hold onto water. He kept his eyes shut hoping it would linger for just a little longer even as a chill pressed in on him. But, alas he could not fall back into the dream, it was the nicest dream he's ever had and he already missed how he felt. And who knew if he'd ever feel something like that again in the void so as passing as it was he charismed that small moment.

When he eventually opened his eyes he was rather surprised to see his environment had changed somehow. He was no longer surrounded by the empty black of the void but instead he was surrounded by trees and snow. The chill he had felt was not the pressing void but instead the snow he was sitting on seeping through his coat and to his bones and a light pattering of snowflakes on his face.

"H0w d1d I g3t h3re? Just moments ago he was falling into the void so surely he should still be in there but this did not look like the void. If he wasn't mistaken this was clearly someplace in snowdin though what AU he could not say.

From being in the void to suddenly being free of it did not bring him excitement though. All it meant was that whatever power that controlled the multiverse decided he was not allowed to die and brought him back to keep doing his job. The thought brought him to near tears knowing that he could truly never escape from it all in a way that mattered, not even the void could free him of his torment.

So, he stayed where he was sitting against that tree and watched the slowly falling flakes of snow for the few moments he could.

He wonders just how long he can sit here before Ink caught up with him and chased him out again or he had to get up to work...whatever came first. Despite the likelihood of being found and attacked if he was caught, Error remained there and enjoyed the quiet for a little while longer. He had almost started to doze off for a bit as the gentle snowflakes fell around him.

Error was stirred out of his light dozing when he heard a set of two footsteps running through the snow and heading towards his location. He sighed bitterly, knowing his break would soon be over as Ink had found him, or possibly one of the residents of this AU had discovered him and Ink would not be far behind. The running footsteps stopped then slowed down to a walk as they got closer to the clearing where he sat. Error just stared out preparing to see attacks coming out from behind the trees toward him.

What he had not expected to see moving out from behind a tree, were two small skeleton children in grubby hospital gowns.

For a moment the two children stood frozen where they were and stared up at him with wide eyes, allowing Error to give the two a once over. The two little skeletons were wearing hospital gowns and were absolutely filthy, covered nearly all over with dirt, twigs and pine needles as if they had crawled through dirt and bushes to get here.

The smaller one stood in front of the taller proven to be a very ineffective shield, definitely a Sans typebased on his round cheeks and protective stance. The taller skeleton child looked up at him curious, definitely a Papyrus though this one seemed more wary and timid than most he's seen. The both of them looked so tired and scared it struck his heart seeing their expressions and their state.

"O-0h, i d1dnt' see y0u"

It was the shorter of the two that spoke first "⬥︎📫︎⬥︎♒︎□︎ 📬︎📬︎📬︎♋︎❒︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎✍︎" [Who...are you?]

He was very briefly taken aback hearing windings spoken so easily from the little skeleton. Windings was usually exclusive to Gaster so it was strange hearing them speak it. Fortunately he could understand it just fine.

"✌︎☼︎☜︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ 🕆︎💧︎✍︎" [ARE YOU US?] The little Papyru asked him wide eyed like he had never seen anything else like him. And Error reasoned that they probably hadn't seen another skeleton before, and he was not a greatest example of one to these children.

"Oh,n0" He could not help the little chuckle and smile at the two of them "1'm jus7...4 strang3r re5ting h3re f0r a m0m3nt"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV change set a few minutes before they met :))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subject 1 and subject 2 had been running for some time now.

One moment they were in the cell waiting for their next 'test' when someone all yellow with a white coat so much like HIS came and let them out and gestured they follow. They thought they would be tested on again but were surprised seeing they were being led out the door and they saw the outside for the very first time. The yellow monster was trying to talk to them but they couldn't understand her, but were under the impression she was taking them to meet someone based on her frantic gestures...They weren't sure they liked the sound of that so at their first opportunity they slipped away, leaving her behind in that small metal box with walls of buttons.

They had made a run for it and did not stop running, even as they heard shouting and someone trying to follow them.

Everything around them looked so strange and frightening for the two who had never seen anything outside the lab. They saw odd looking people but they did not want to be caught and just kept running until they ran into a place covered in snow and slipped into the tree line. Even as their feet felt frozen, as the bushes scratched at their gowns and their feet or they stumbled and fell to the ground they did not stop running.

They knew they would not be able to run forever and even now they had almost completely run out of steam and would not last much longer. But they just had to keep going for as long as they could.

Subject 1 was so tired and felt so weak that he had mistepped and tripped over a root he couldn't see under the snow and fell face first to the ground. His brother, seeing his state frantically tugging at his arm, pleading with him.

"☝︎☜︎❄︎ 🕆︎🏱︎📪︎ 🏱︎☹︎☜︎✌︎💧︎☜︎ ☺︎🕆︎💧︎❄︎ ✌︎ 👌︎✋︎❄︎ ☞︎🕆︎☼︎❄︎☟︎☜︎☼︎" [GET UP, PLEASE JUST A BIT FURTHER]

Tugging with all his might he helped his smaller brother get back to his feet and seeing how tired he was started looking around them. If they couldn't run any further they needed to hide, but where could they hide where HE couldn't find them?

All he could see was tall towering trees as far as he could see, no hiding places anywhere. Everything was so quiet out here to. But among the heavy silence between the tree they felt something off...something was here with them but they could not see it. Tugging at the hand he was still holding he moved forward and the two brothers kept going though now they walked. After a dozen steps they saw a clearing up ahead and could vaguely make out the shape of something sitting just past the tree line.

Extremely nervous about what they might find they stepped around a tree to get a better look. The two froze as they locked eyes with a person who sat on the ground and looking up as if waiting for them.

"O-0h, i d1dnt' see y0u"

The two little skeletons were confused as they could not understand anything the odd looking person said to them, their words looked nothing like theirs and sounded very strange. They had no idea they would ever meet anyone outside the lab that was like them, let alone someone who looked so...weird. They had bones so they must have been like them, but theirs were all strange colors and weren't smooth like their own, did all outside people look like this?

The stranger was so large compared with the only other skeleton they knew and his clothes were so tattered.

The large skeleton smiled at them with so much warmth when Subject 2 asked if he was like them, they still could not understand his words but they sounded so nice. His expression grew tired and saddened by something he had said next but kept looking at them with an expression the taller had only glimpsed from the doctor on very rare times...back when things weren't so bad...

The giant reached a large hand to them "Why d0n't y0u jo1n m3? you tw0 l0ok 4s t1red as i 4m"

They might not have understood what he said, but they could understand his intention, he wanted them close to him. The two brothers looked at each other and then to the hand still extended to them, patient but willing to step back if it was unwanted.

It was with some hesitation that they inched forward until they were level with his knees staring up at him, almost expecting him to grab at them. But he didn't, he sat perfectly still as they walked up to him and without much warning they crawled onto his lap.

They sat there, thinking that any minute he was going to toss them off for daring to climb onto his lap, but he didn't. He instead just huffed out a laugh and just moved one of his arms and rested it on their backs and drew them slightly closer into the little warmth he could provide from under his torn coat. Shielding them from the falling snow and the wind chill that their gowns did little to shield them from. But here in this strangers coat, they felt warm, they felt safe and they just inched further in and held each other and the dirty sweater under them.

It took the two them very little time to settle and shut their eyes, assured that this nice stranger would be there to look after them until they wake again.

Error hadn't quite expected the children to climb onto his lap, but he did not feel inclined to remove them. He just allowed them to do as they wished and wrapped a arm around their backs as they tried to hide from the cold. he knew he had always run hot at his core so he was perfectly content to let them bundle up and get as much warmth from him that they could. It only took a few short minutes for them to stop stirring and fall into a light sleep. He just smiled and leaned back onto tree behind to try and get into a slightly better position without disturbing his cargo and settled to be here for a while.

He could tell that they had been through something and really needed this little bit of kindness. Even if all he was doing was sheltering them while they slept for a little while.

He felt pity for these children and so much guilt.

He really was so weak to children, the part of his job that he hated most was when he had to destroy AU's with children. It made him feel like the most despicable monster in the multiverse seeing the innocent faces of those kids knowing what he was being made to do to them. He'd avoid it if he could but...it was often out of his hands, and he hated himself for every moment of it...more than he did already.

He really was the worst monster there was, if these two knew that, they wouldn't have come up to him for comfort so easily.

While Error was deep in his own self hatred, one of the children stirred, their expression grew tight as they're disturbed in their dreams. Without thinking Error started patting the back of their skull and watched as their expression eased and they settled right back to his chest. A small hand reaches up and grasps onto his coat causing him to freeze. Right there on the small hand was a metal plate, the dull silver glinting in the low light.

This AU was Handplates, these children were...

Error just held the two of of them to his chest just a little tighter.

"Wh4t am 1 g0ing t0 do w1th y0u two?"

And that's the big question, what is he going to do with these children? He would be the worst option for these two, and if Ink showed up and saw him with them...he wasn't sure Ink would stoop so low to attack children for associating with him but...he couldn't risk that. He needed to think of something and fast.

He needed to find some place that would be safe for them. This was handplates so he had to make sure they wouldn't just be sent right back to this AU's Gaster...he had to bring them to someone who could look after them and keep them safe...Then like a light bulb he has his answer. Toriel, if she's in the ruins at this point he could bring them to the ruins door and they would definitely be safe with her there.

Looking down he debated how he was going to get them there without having to wake them up...Seems like he's going to have to carry them there.

After a few minutes of slowly and very carefully moving the kids around into position he tries to get up onto his feet. It was with a lot of effort and several attempts that he finally stumbled to his feet with the two kids held tightly to his body. The two would stir every once in awhile when he moved them around, but otherwise remains asleep, Error felt just a little bit of victory as he stared out at his surroundings. First off, find the path from Snowdin that would lead him to the Ruins door. Easy enough, he's been in countless versions of the underground and he knew just about every inch of the underground, he could find the path. So he started walking, looking around trying to spot any detail that could point to where exactly he was.

It took very little time to pinpoint his location and started trudging through the snow towards where he was certain the path would be.

He would be proven right as nearly 30 minutes of walking passed and Error finds himself breaching the forest line and standing in the centre of the path he had been looking for. One direction would lead towards Snowdin, the other would lead him to the door that opened to the Ruins. He picked a direction and kept walking down the path.

When Error has almost made it to the bridge when one of his sleeping cargo finally started stirring and waking up. he felt a hand tugging on the front of his sweater insistently so he looked down to meet the eyelights of the little Papyrus looking up at him, blinking the sleep away but looking up at him with such a confused expression. They looked from him to their surroundings and back seeming very confused and clearly starting to become upset. Error held them up and closer to his face and soothed the little skeleton as they started wriggling and tears threatened to form in their little eye sockets.

"It's 0k 1t's 0k...i'm br1nging y0u 4nd y0ur broth3r to s0m3one wh0 can lo0k after y0u"

Error hasn't ever spoken much wingdings at all, he knew how to read it, how to understand it but he never needed the skills to speak it before. But despite what he's sure was a garbled mess they seemed to understand what he meant and started calming down, now just looking very confused.

"T0riel is v3ry n1ce i pr0mise, she w1ll t4ke g0od car3 of y0u"

The little Papyrus still seemed confused but settled back into his chest, a hand coming to grab onto his sibling but not trying to wake him, just wanting assurance he was still there. Internally they felt very confused and slightly worried of where they were being taken to, the nice stranger promised this 'Toriel' is very nice and would look after them, but who was this person they were going to meet? where are they now?

Error has long crossed the bridge and the ruins door was almost in sight, just a little it further-

A bright white bone attacked whizzes by Error's skull lodging itself in the tree and fizzling out.

"And what do you think you are doing?" 

____________________________________________

And we have met the kiddos! They're from handplates, like pretty much every other FGoD story like this, I'm not all that original :))

With this being handplates I wanted to have the two speak only in wingdings at first as in the comic they had to be taught english after they got out of the lab. I am using a wingdings translator I found.

How long will i bother keeping that up? who knows, could very well just give up with the translator and just give them a different font next chapter depending on how annoyed i get at it. Or just skip it immediately and have them speaking English starting next chapter citing some magic mumbo jumbo to explain it off, or just not explain at all.

I probably will lets be real.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 1.3K 20
This is my first story so my apologies if it is trashier than the multiverse itself. This story is also very inspired by other people so don't flame...
14.4K 389 37
It happened... H E F I N A L Y S N A P P E D He noticed his strings we're detached from his soul, he's either dead or inprisioned. But Error finall...
74.2K 2.3K 14
Hiya! I'm Bluey, and this is my first story. -×- About this story: Error is the forced God of Destruction, but an adorably innocent/clueless glitch...
6.9K 366 51
I'm going to experiment with this one. I have a better understanding of Geno becoming Error in the fandom and want to toy with it a bit. What if Geno...