7: What is a family

Finally, other people show up!

Error and his tagalongs finally get a bed after meeting some very chatty and VERY concerned village folk. Even have a brief POV switch to see their interpretation of Errors and the kids situation.

____________________________

It was very fortunate that they had been able to exit the woods and stumbled right at the edge of a village when they did. It was well into a late afternoon that they reached the village border lined in a foot tall brick wall that he stepped over easily as he made his way into what he hoped was the village center.

With the dimming sunlight the village felt rather cozy with it's wooden homes and cobblestone and dirt roads. The place looked like it was taken right out of a history book from a time before building homes out of more complex materials and well before any sort of electricity judging by the number of oil lamps starting to be lit. all the buildings, stalls and homes were built around a center of cobblestone where he imagines everyone hung out and ran their small buisness and markets.

The town centre was fairly quiet as the various stalls and the shops were packing up for the day and ready to go home to their families for the night. But, as soon as Error walked in carrying two children all eyes of the people, humans and monster alike turn to them finding a stranger among them. Many even stopped what they were doing just to stare as Error walked past them. He very quickly felt that he did not like all the staring eyes, as if peering into his very being and not liking what they find, looking to his ratty clothes and his scars and finding him disgusting. He just couldn't understand why and part of him wanted to shout out, to ask why they're all staring at him like that.

The two children at his side seemed to not notice how everyone stared at this odd looking trio and just happily looked at everything they could see with awe, ignorant to how the hands of the one leading them started to shake.

Starting to regret coming here and just wanted to leave as soon as possible Error beelined to the nearest person who he hoped would be sympathetic to his plight.

It was an older bunny monster with greying fur around his muzzle who looked to be packing up a stall stocked with various tools. Though he had stopped what they were doing to watch Error walk up to his stall with a curious look on his worn face and he waited for him to say what he wanted to say what he came to him for.

"E-excus3 m3 s-sir, bu-ut d0 y0u kn0w wher3 w3 c4n st4y th3 n1ght?" Internally cursing at his stutter and increasing glitching, but he just felt so off put by everyone staring at him still, but he just wanted to get this over and done with quickly so they could leave. "we'v3 been traveling f0r a wh1le 4nd i'd l1ke f0r th3m t0 sleep in a b3d"

The man had flinched slightly at his unusual voice but recovered quickly and his eye flicked down to the two children from their patchy clothes to their bare feet as they held onto his hands. The man just stared from the children and then to Error who started growing more and more nervous as those around them seem to press in more and watched the interaction even more intently.

Just as Error starts hysterically thinking that he had clearly made a mistake coming here and a very stupid plans comes to mind of grabbing the kids and making a run for the nearest exit out of town and keep moving, anything to get away from this town sleeping in the woods didn't seem that bad-

The man suddenly smiled up at him with a toothy grin "ah, your little one need a bed yeah? the local tavern is your best bet" one of his callused hands worn from work gestured vaguely in the direction of said tavern.

"the drunks sure like their booze so the barkeep runs a few beds for the drunks who can't walk home that night, hah!" crooked and yellow teeth on display as the man barked out a laugh, apparently finding that idea rather amusing. "The name's Bert by the way"