11.5 : a few nice days

OK, let me just say, so sorry it's taken so long. IRL i started a whole bunch of things at once, lots of projects needing focus and my attention is switching around over all these different things that i totally forgot i had a fic for a while.

ADHD brain go weee.

Also briefly had a concussion but that's a whole other thing.

So due to that, i have made not a lot of progress in the next coming chapters, i have drafts and outlines for the events for the next two or three parts, but not much else.

What i did have was a bunch of cut content that didn't make it into chapter 11. So i've taken those, rewritten and polished them off and compiled them all in one filler chapter before i try to start up again on the next chapter.

This is a chapter dedicated to various short (and some not so short) collection of a few snippets of story of a few nice days spread over the weeks between part 10 and 11 as Error tried settling down with his new kiddos.

_____________________________________

-1- Why Bert calls Error 'friend'-

-had a passing mention in a line in chapter 10, taken out as it was too long to fit comfortably-

_____________________________________

After their warm welcome into the village, Error had not expected or wanted so much attention to be on them. But he appreciated that after a rather messy night having not yet fully figured out the sleeping situation, the joyous face of a chipper Bert greets him at the door first thing in the morning. Nolan and Vesper were in the workshop with him sitting on the ground fiddling with some unfinished carved wooden doll they found.

"Hey stranger! I see things went well! you've moved in already!" He cheerfully chatted to the rather surprised skeleton, so Bert welcomed himself, not minding the frozen in place skeleton holding the door. Being mindful of the scattered wooden projects and the kids playing, he patted down a seat to free it off dust and sat himself down.

 "I am so happy it all worked out with Chief, i knew it would" He did seemed rather pleased that the meeting with the village leader had turned out so well so quickly.

"I- y-Ye4h, i sup0se it d!d" Knocking himself out his surprised state he shut the door and stood facing Bert who made himself comfortable and seemingly getting distracted with looking over the old workshop.

"This place gives me memories..."  He trailed off dreamily as he looked around before focusing on a partly finished carved wooden doll left on the table, tracing it's carved face with his paw. "i was close friends with the old owner for many years you know...it felt weird seeing this place empty after he passed"

"I'm...s0rry f0r y0ur l0ss?"

"don't be, life happens" Bert waved Error's awkwardness easily "I'm just glad this place is being lived in again, it will do well for you" He smiled up at him, really craning his neck to reach his eyes then looking to the children who were now focused on the adults speaking rather than their lump of wood.

"there's another thing i actually wanted to talk about, not just to reminisce on old times"

Bert leaned back in his seat and addressed Error, "I realized i've been very rude to you three, i haven't asked you your names have I?"