Change the Future

By SEHopeM

After the devastation of the battle of Hogwarts Aurora Potter decides that her and some of the others need to... More

*Back to 1976*
*PS 1*
*PS 2*
*PS 3*
*PS 5*
*PS 6*
*CoS 1*
*CoS 2*
*CoS 3*
*CoS 4*
*CoS 5*
*CoS 6*
*CoS 7*
*CoS 8*
*CoS 9*
*POA 1*
*POA 2*
*POA 3*
*POA 4*
*POA 5*
*POA 6*
*POA 7*
*POA 8*
*POA 9*
*POA 10*
*POA 11*
POA 12
POA 13
POA 14
POA 15
POA 16
POA 17
POA 18
POA 19
James and Rory
GOF 1
GOF 2
GOF 3
GOF 4
GOF 5
GOF 6
GOF 7
GOF 8
GOF 9
GOF 10
GOF 11
GOF 12
GOF 13
GOF 14
GOF 15
GOF 16
GOF 17
GOF 18
GOF 19
GOF 20
GOF 21
GOF 22
GOF 23
GOF 24
GOF 25
GOF 26
GOF 27
OOTP 1
OOTP 2
OOTP 3
OOTP 4
OOTP 5
OOTP 6
OOTP 7
OOTP 8
OOTP 9
OOTP 10
OOTP 11
OOTP 12
OOTP 13
OOTP 14
OOTP 15
OOTP 16
OOTP 17
OOTP 18
OOTP 19
OOTP 20
OOTP 21
OOTP 22
OOTP 23
OOTP 24
OOTP 25
Charlie
HBP 1
HBP 2
HBP 3
HBP 4
HBP 5
HBP 6
HBP 7
HBP 8
HBP 9
HBP 10
HBP 11
HBP 12
HBP 13
HBP 14
HBP 15
HBP 16
HBP 17
HBP 18
HBP 19
HBP 20
HBP 21
DH 1
DH 2
DH 3
DH 4
DH 5
DH 6
DH 7
DH 8
DH 9
DH 10
DH 11
DH 12
DH 13
DH 14
DH 15
DH 16
DH 17
DH 18
DH 19
DH 20
DH 21
DH 22
DH 23
DH 24
DH 25
DH 26
DH 27
DH 28
DH 29
DH 30
Dates
Rory's first few years
First Year
Second Year
Third Year
Fourth Year
Fifth Year
Sixth Year Part 1
Sixth Year part 2
Seventh Year
Proposal
Wedding
Babies
New Stories
Update?

*PS 4*

6.5K 159 27
By SEHopeM

It's now Christmas at Hogwarts, with snow falling. Hagrid is dragging a massive Christmas tree to the castle as Hermione walks to the Great Hall entrance with her luggage. She walks to Harry and Ron as they play Chess.

"Knight to E5." The Knight moves to its destination as Hermione walks up behind Harry.

"Queen to E5." Ron says with a smug face.

"You've been missing in the pass few memories, where were you?" James asks his daughter who shrugs.

"Who knows, somewhere with Fred and George and most likely Lee"

"Who's Lee?"

"That boy that was commentating the Quidditch game"

"Did you have any friends that weren't boys"

"Angelina, Alicia, sometimes Hermione when she didn't piss me off and my favourite Weasley Ginny"

"I'm telling Charlie" Ron shouts making the young Charlie look at him again confused.

"Go ahead he already knows and stop saying his name you're confusing little Charlie. Never thought I'd say that" 

Hermione watches as Ron's queen goes over to Harry's knight and whacks the knight with her chair. Ron grins.

"That's totally barbaric!"

"That's wizard's chess." Ron says as he Looks over to Hermione "I see you've packed."

"See you haven't."

"Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there."

"Romania, Dragons" Molly says shocked as she looks down at an excited Charlie beside her at the mention of dragons. "Not going to happen"

"Good, you can help Harry, then. He's going to go and look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel."

"We've looked a hundred times." Hermione leans over on the table closer to Ron and Harry

"Not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas." She leaves as Ron looks at Harry.

"I think we've had a bad influence on her." Rory and the twins come running in.

"What did you do this time" Fleamont says looking at his granddaughter.

"Err, don't actually remember"

"Hello Harry, Ron" Rory says sitting beside Harry as the twins sit either side of Ron making him nervous.

"What are you doing now?" Harry looks at his sister.

"Oh just put all the furniture in Grease bats room on the ceiling"

"Knew you'd done something" Fleamont says shaking his head as the Marauders all look at her with excited eyes.

"Thanks for the idea Prongslet" Sirius whispers.

"No problem"

It was now Christmas morning.

"Harry wake up! Come on Harry, wake up!" Ron shouts from the common room. Harry puts on his glasses and runs out of bed. He then looks down at Ron.

"Happy Christmas, Harry."

"Happy Christmas, Ron." Harry notices Ron's sweater "What are you wearing?"

"Oh. My mum made it. It looks like you've got one too."

"I-I've got presents?"

"Thank you Molly" Lily says smiling at Molly behind her.

"You're welcome"

"I can't believe you never got presents" Fleamont says in disbelief.

"I mean I always got one from Rory but that was it"

"Talking about Rory, where are you" James asks his daughter.

"In the twins dorm"

"No boys"

"Dad I'd get used to that I spent a lot of my 6th and 7th year sleeping in their dorm"

"Nope, not allowed"

"Yeah!" Harry runs down the staircase to see his presents. "There they are." Harry sees a note on one of the present and opens it, reading it out.

"Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well." Harry looks over to Ron, who shrugs his shoulders. Harry then proceeds to open the remaining of his present. He pulls out a blanket-like object.

The Marauders all look at eachother scared, their secret was going to be revealed.

"Alright there" Rory whispers to her dad who just nod's.

"What is it?"

"It's some kind of cloak."

"Well, let's see then, put it on." Harry then wraps the cloak around his shoulders, making his body invisible.

"Whoa!" Harry looks down at his invisible body.

"That's how you do all that stuff" McGonagall glares at the Marauders.

"My body's gone!"

"I know what that is. That's an invisibility cloak."

"I'm invisible?"

"Again idiot"

"Aurora stop calling your brother an idiot" Lily warns.

"They're really rare. I wonder who gave it to you?"

"There was no name. It just said use it well."

"It was Dear old Dumbles" Rory says making most of the hall laugh.

"Yep definitely my daughter" James says smirking.

"Don't worry mum I do have some of your traits, just don't see them very much"

"Yeah I mean she did get 9 Outstanding's in her O.W.L's and her N.E.W.T's whilst also getting detentions nearly everyday" Harry told his mum.

"9" James says in shock.

"Yeah"

Late at night. A lantern and hand appear, but nothing else. The ensemble walk through the dark library and into the Restricted Section. The lamp is put down, and the cloak removed, revealing to be Harry who searches the bookshelves.

"I can't believe we're related and Dumbles gave the cloak to you just so you could visit the library" Rory stares at her brother in disbelief.

"Not everyone is interested in your idea of rule breaking Aurora" Hermione says.

"Full name me again Granger and it'll end badly for you" James places a hand over his daughters mouth.

"Enough" He says to her quietly.

"Famous fire eaters...15th Century Fiends...Flamel...Nicholas Flamel...where are you?" Harry picks up a book and opens it. A man's face appears from between the pages, which screams madly and loudly. Harry immediately slams the book shuts and puts it back.

"Who's there?!" Filch says as Harry whips around and quickly grabs his cloak, causing the lamp to fall and shatter. "I know you're in there. You can't hide." Harry puts on his cloak and creeps around Filch. "Who is it? Show yourself!" Harry runs from the room, breathing heavily. He exits into the hall, where Mrs. Norris begins to follow him. Harry runs around a corner, just as Snape and Quirrell appear. Snape pushes Quirrell into the wall.

"Severus I-I thought"

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell."

"W-what do you m-mean?"

"You know perfectly well what I mean." Snape reaches out to grab something, but doesn't. He whips his finger back in front of Quirrell's face. "We'll have another chat soon when you've had time to decide where your loyalties lie." Filch arrives, carrying the broken lantern.

"Oh, Professors. I found this, in the Restricted Section. It's still hot. That means there's a student out of bed." Upon hearing this, Snape and Quirrell dart off

"You know Grease bat, doing things like that makes you look extra suspicious, just saying" Rory calls across the hall as Lily gives her a look.

"She's got a point Sev" Regulus says smirking at the younger Snape.

"Nobody asked for either of your opinions" Snape snapped.

"Aww Grease bat, did we touch a nerve" Rory smirks at Regulus who sends her a smile back. 

"That's enough Aurora" Lily scolds her daughter whilst James and Sirius just laugh at her. "Really James you're meant to be her father"

"In his defence I'm not technically born yet" Rory smiles innocently at her mother. 

A door opens, and closes. On the other side, there is a vast, empty room that has a large mirror in the centre, known as the Mirror of Erised. Harry appears and walks over to the mirror. In the reflection, he sees two people appear.

"Mum?" Lily nods and smiles "Dad?" James nods and smiles.

James and Lily send eachother a sad smile.

"Wait you found the Mirror of Erised" Rory asks her brother.

"Yeah"

"What else did you do that I didn't know about?" Harry shrugs.

"What's the Mirror of Erised?" A random student shouts.

"You'll find out soon" Hermione answers as everyone goes quiet.

Back in the boy's dormitory in Gryffindor tower, Harry comes whipping in, invisible.

"Ron! You've really got to see this! Ron! You've got to see this!" He pulls back Ron's covers waking Ron up. "Ron, Ron, come on. Get out of bed!"

"Why?"

"There's something you've got to see. Now, come on!" Back in the room. Harry and Ron appear from under the invisibility cloak and Harry runs to the mirror. "Come on. Come. Come look, it's my parents!"

"I only see me." Harry moves over.

"Look in properly. Go on. Stand there. There. You see them, don't you? Thats my dad"

"That's me! Only, I'm head boy...and I'm holding the Quidditch cup! And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain too! I look good. Harry, do you think this mirror shows the future?"

"I'm confused why are they seeing different things" A random Ravenclaw shouts.

"It'll all be explained soon" Harry shouts back.

"How can it? Both my parents are dead." Harry smiles sadly. The next night, Harry is back in the room where the mirror is, gazing longingly at the reflection where his parents are in. Dumbledore appears far behind him

"Back again, Harry?" Harry turns around and stands up. "I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised. I trust by now you realize what it does. Let me give you a clue. The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly as he is."

"So, then it shows us what we want? Whatever we want"

"Yes...and no. It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you, who have never known your family, you see them standing beside you. But remember this, Harry. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home, and I must ask you not to go looking for it again. It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live." Harry looks back at the mirror.

"Erised just means desire backwards" Rory tells the hall as people realise.

"Rory you seem to know quite a bit about stuff" Hermione says looking at her.

"Why is that surprising, yes I was a trouble maker aswell as the twins but I still read books and cared about my grades"

Harry, Ron and Hermoine are sat in the Great hall studying.

"Look at you playing with your cards. Pathetic! We've got final exams coming up soon." Hermione said looking at Ron.

"I'm ready! Ask me any question."

"All right, what are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?"

"I forgot."

"Wow Ronald I love how ready you are"

"Shut up Rory you wasn't even studying"

"Nope I wasn't, I'm pretty certain I was in detention with Filch that day" She says shrugging.

"And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?"

"Copy off you?"

"You will do no such thing Ronald Weasley" Molly scolds.

"His middle names Billius, might be useful seeing as he does a lot of things that would need a full name scolding" Rory says before turning to Lily "Oh and Harry's is James"

"Really" both Ron and Harry shout at the same time whilst Rory just smiles.

"No, you won't! Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell."

"That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us!"

"We don't" McGonagall says looking between the Marauders, Prewett twins and Ron.

Ron checks his card, irritated "Dumbledore again!" Just then, Neville Longbottom comes hopping into the Great Hall with his legs stuck together as the other students laugh at him. "Leg-Locker Curse?"

"Malfoy." Harry says as Neville approaches them amidst laughter from the other students.

"Draco" Narcissa scolds before looking at Lucius "This is your doing"

"You tell him Cissy" Bellatrix says making Rory flich again before looking down and hoping no one saw it whilst James and Remus send eachother a look of concern before Remus puts an arm around her. Rory looks up at him and smiles before leaning into him.

"You have got to start standing up to people, Neville." Ron said.

"How? I can barely stand at all!" Seamus jumps up, wand at the ready.

"I'll do the counter-curse!"

"No, that's all I need... you to set my bloody kneecaps on fire!" Seamus slams his wand down angrily.

"I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cares to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back!" He then stalks off angrily, showing a large chunk of hair missing from the back of his head.

The hall breaks out in laughter.

"I love this kid" Barty Crouch Jr says.

"I found him!" Harry says as he hands Ron a Chocolate Frog card of Dumbledore.

"'Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark" Wizard Grindelwald in 1945-'"

"Go on."

"'-for his discovery of the 12 uses of Dragon Blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner Nicolas Flamel!'"

"I knew the name sounded familiar. I read it on the train that day." Hermione looks at them beaming excitedly.

"Follow me!" the Trio tears out of the Great Hall, leaving poor Neville still flailing around.

"Hey, wait, where are you going? What about the counter-curse?" Neville says before he topples over backwards, the other students start laughing just as Rory and the twins walk in.

"Oh Neville" Rory says waving her wand to do the counter curse.

"You can do non verbal magic at 13" Remus says looking at her amazed.

"Technically I was 14" Everyone looks at her shocked "What"

"That's advanced a lot of adult wizards still struggle with non verbal spells" Fleamont informs his granddaughter.

"Cool I don't do it that often to be honest"

Rory holds her hand out for Neville and helps him up.

"You Okay?"

"Yes thank you Rory" Rory smiles at him before walking off.

"Thank you" Alice says smiling at the girl.

"You're welcome" Rory says as Neville smiles at her.

In the library, Harry and Ron are seated, reading until Hermione comes up with a huge book and thumps it onto the table making Harry jump.

"I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading."

"Light, light Hermione" Rory looks at her shocked along with Sirius and James.

"On what planet is that light" Sirius says looking at Hermione who just shrugs.

"This is light?" Ron says, his eyes wide. Hermione ignores him.

"Of course! Here it is!" She reads the description in the page "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!"

"The what?" Both boys say in unison.

"Honestly, don't you two read? The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

"Immortal?" Ron says.

"It means you'll never die."

"Did you really think I didn't know what immortal meant"

"Sorry Ron" Hermione says sheepishly.

"I know what it means!" Ron says just as Harry shushs him.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday! That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor the Philosopher's Stone!"

"Wow he's old" Sirius says making half the hall laugh.

They all look at each other in concern. It is nighttime in the castle grounds, Hermione, Ron and Harry are running across to Hagrid's hut. They knock on the door and Hagrid, who is wearing an apron and oven mitts, opens it from the inside.

"Would you look at that mum, its not me breaking the rules again" Rory says smirking as Lily just shakes her head.

"Hagrid!" Harry says.

"Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." Hagrid says as he begins to close the door.

"We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" Hagrid opens the door again.

"Oh." They all come into Hagrid's hut.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it." Harry days as he sits down.

"Snape? Blimey, Harry, you're not still on about him, are you?"

"Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone. We just don't know why."

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone! He's not about to steal it!"

"Oh dear Hagrid that was a mistake" Rory says as the golden trio look at her.

"What?"

"You heard. Right. Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today."

"Wait a minute." Harry says "One of the teachers?"

"Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments." Hermione says whilst sitting in a large chair.

"That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me." Hermione looks at Ron, who is being sniffed in the face by Fang. Finally Ron shuffles away. "Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that." A cauldron over a fire begins to rattle. "Oh!" Hagrid hurries over and grabs something "Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" He places it on the table. It was an egg. The group crowds around.

"Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Harry asks.

"Harry that would be an egg"

"Not exactly what I meant when I asked the question Rory"

"You sure. Not exactly the smartest sometimes are you"

"Haha very funny"

"I thought it was"

"Are you two quite finished" Hermione asks glaring at the two.

"Nope" Rory starts talking as James places a hand over her mouth for the second time. She turns and glares at him but he just smirks.

"That? It's a its um" Hagrid starts but Ron interrupts him.

"I know what that is! But Hagrid, how did you get one?"

"I won it. Off a stranger I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid off it, as a matter of fact." The egg rattles and cracks open as pieces fly off; a small baby dragon emerges. It squeaks and slips on an egg piece.

"Is that a dragon?" Hermione asks.

"Don't even bother Aurora" Hermione says not even looking at her.

"What, I didn't even do anything"

"I know you was going to say something, you can't help yourself"

"I actually wasn't, I'm a bit bored of commenting on every stupid thing you lot have done or said where it happens that often" Hermione glares at Rory who just smirks before resting her head on her father's shoulder.

"That's not just a dragon. That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania."

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hallo, Norbert." Norbert squeaks as it looks at Hagrid.

"Norbert?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, well, he's got to have a name, doesn't he?" Ron laughs "Don't you, Norbert?" Hagrid raises fingers back and forth across Norbert's chin "Dededede."
Norbert backs away, until he hiccups and blast a small fireball into Hagrid's beard.

"By the way Hagrid, Norbert's actually a girl" Rory says as the half giant smiles at her.

"How do you know?" James says looking at his daughter.

"Er well you see I kinda live in Romania at the dragon reserve" his eyes go round.

"Nope, not allowed"

"Seriously" James just nods as Rory shakes her head at him.

"Ohh!" Hagrid says as he quickly pats out the smoulders in his beard "Oooh, ooh, ooh, well...he'll have to be trained up a bit, of course." Norbert hiccups. Hagrid sees someone looking in the window. "Who's that?" It turns out to be Draco Malfoy, who scampers away.

"Malfoy." Harry answers.

"Oh, dear." Harry, Ron and Hermione are walking back through a corridor as an owl screeches.

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon. He told me so the first time I met him." Harry informs the other two.

"It's crazy. And worse, Malfoy knows." Ron says.

"I don't understand. Is that bad?"

"It's bad." They stop as McGonagall, in her nightgown, appears, sternly.

"Bad luck you three" Rory says as the Marauders all nod in agreement.

"Good evening." Malfoy appears smugly beside her. Inside McGonagall's classroom, the three are now standing in front of McGonagall's desk, while Malfoy is feet away, smirking.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken."

"50?!"

"Each." Harry gasps "And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all four of you will receive detention."

"50 points Minnie, you've never taken 50 points from us for doing that" Sirius says shocked.

"I've done so much worse min min and most I've ever lost from you was 20" Rory says looking at McGonagall. McGonagall looks at her future self confused as to why she had taken that many points from her own house just for breaking curfew.

Malfoys smile vanishes with great concern.

"Excuse me, Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said the four of us."

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honourable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates." Harry, Ron and Hermione grin, as Draco sags, knowing that the tables have turned.

"Gutted Draco, that backfired didn't it"

"Yes thank you Rory it did"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 83 27
Phoenix Black is the niece of Sirius Black. Her mother Lyra Black died when Phoenix was 7 and with Sirius in Azkaban she was sent to live with her gr...
54.1K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...
116K 2.4K 108
Charlie Weasley and Aurora Potter This is a rewrite of my 'In love with a Weasley' but I've added extra characters. Contains some sexual bits which w...
638K 17.2K 46
"Order of the Phoenix." When Hogwarts becomes an unsafe place, Cassiopeia Tonks learns that if there's going to be a real war, she'd rather fight kno...