Deciphering Her Thoughts (Dip...

By bonnie330

You're being sent to Gravity Falls, Oregon, to spend time with your grandparents for the summer. When they wa... More

Key
Welcome to Gravity Falls
The Girl in the Sweater
She's Just Another Girl
I Never Liked Saying Goodbye
His Name is Dipper Pines
Status: Match Made?
I'm Here as a Tourist
Monster Hunt
The News That Ruins Everything
I Wish I Didn't Know
A Day With The Grandparents
The Handyman
To Annoy a Pine Tree
Again?
Speechless Visit
More Time is What I Need
Boop
An Overprotective Grandfather
Hanging on by a Weak Thread
Murdered in the Little Town of Gravity Falls
Angel Wings
Somewhere
Author of the Journals
You Left Me With Your Confession
Help Me
Faith
First Day of School
Sequel

Just as a Friend

19.3K 641 1.1K
By bonnie330

Chapter 4
Just as a Friend
Your Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Mabel and the two others, wanting to be called Grenda and Candy, hasn't stopped staring at me since we've entered Mabel and Dipper's room. Dipper is staying in here until it's time for us to sleep. He's kept he's eyes on a book with a six-fingered hand with a three the whole time, not saying a word.

"You like him, right?" Mabel asks, yet whispers, making me realize I've been staring at him.

"Well, as a friend," I whisper back, answering her question. I'm not lying, too. I just like him as a friend, mainly because the whole love-at-first-sight thing is weird.

Mabel turns my head to where I'm looking at him again. Dipper chews on the eraser of his pencil. His pine tree trucker hat is slightly lower than how it was before, darkening around his brown eyes. I have to admit, he looks kind of cute when he's looking... how do I put it? Serious. I guess.

Hopefully, I'm not blushing. Wait. Why would I be? I only like him as a friend... just a guy friend.

"See? You like him. You're blushing." Mabel asks, whispering.

"N-No, I d-don't like him th-that way," I manage to say, still whispering.

"YES! YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID YES!" Grenda shouts. She probably has caught Dipper's attention. I'm hoping she didn't!

"What on Earth are you guys playing?" Dipper asks. Dang it!

"Nothing!" Mabel answers. She silently giggles once she finished.

I look over to Dipper, hoping I'm not making eye contact with him. He has stopped chewing on his eraser and is looking over at us. Before he looks away, he tips his hat back in place. He smiles--a smile that could make you faint out of love-struck--then looks back at his book. If it is possible, I would have tiny hearts around my head and be breathing heavily. Since the tiny hearts thing is gladly not possible, I'm only breathing heavily, which probably is probably as weird as love at first sight. I feel stupid.

Mabel nudges me on the arm.

"I know when someone is love-struck," she whispers, "I dare you to take his hat and run."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because it'll get you two closer. He'll chase after you as you run from him, he catches up, falls, and your faces are centimeters away."

"I'm not doing that."

"Yes. Do it."

"No."

"Just do it. Pleeeeeee-" I stopped her.

"Don't whine... I'll do if you don't whine."

"Yay!" she whisper shouts.

I slowly walk over to Dipper, my stomach turning. Butterflies, they're flying all around my stomach. As I finally reach his side of the room, he looks at me, confused and shiny-eyed. I sigh and grab his hat off of his head, running for what feels like my life. Mabel, Grenda, and Candy all giggle uncontrollably.

"(Y/N)! GET BACK HERE! GIVE ME MY HAT!" I hear Dipper yell. As I make it down the stairs, Dipper just comes out of his and Mabel's room, closing the door I left open and dashing off.

I stopped when I realize I'm at a dead end. The 'Open' side of the sign faces me. I look back, slightly scared. Dipper walks in, out of breath. I stand up straight with a straight face. He's not very athletic, is he? Well, who am I to speak?

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah... just... just hand me... my hat," he demands, having to take a couple breaths. He holds out his hand for me to place it in while leaning on the wall at the other side of the room.

"I don't know... you're pretty far." This has become really fun, so I'm going to continue it. I AM SO EVIL! "You're all the way over there!"

"(Y/N), just give me my hat."

"Only if you come and get it."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

Dipper pops his back as he murmurs something to himself. He walks over, both of our arms outstretched, and grabs his hat, walking away. [How rude. -BJ 3.22.16]

I stand there alone for a moment as if it should be raining.

I walk back upstairs, pretending I didn't just run around this shack after taking someone else's hat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 105 14
Weirdmageddon is over and Dipper and Mabel return to California where their parents found out what happened and forbid them from going back next summ...
61.4K 1.1K 62
(Y/N) gets abandoned by her parents after a month long trip to California. She doesn't know why they did this to her. Everything was fine at home, th...
10.2K 296 25
Dipper Pines along with his twin sister, Mabel Pines, goes off to live with their uncle Stan and Ford. They been there since they were kids so it wa...
56.1K 1.6K 52
Please be warned! This story is pretty old and written by someone with limited writing experience! You have been warned. Hey Gravity Falls fans! If...