The Single Mom and The Arroga...

By BlackFlamboyant

Madeleine is a single mom with twins (a boy and a girl) called Micah and Maia. Madeleide owns one of the mos... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 Part 1
Chapter 15 Part 2
Chapter 16 part 1
Chapter 16 part 2
Chapter 17 Part 1
Chapter 17 Part 2
Chapter 18 Part 1
Chapter 18 Part 2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Sequel is up!!!

Chapter 19

11.8K 343 0
By BlackFlamboyant

DISCLAIMER: I do not own this story The original story is called 'Slapped', It was written for the Austin and Ally Fandom by @ThePenIsMighty. This story belongs to her and I take no credit for the story line. Names and places have been changed. No copyright infringement intended.

I actually did write chapter 1 to 5 then the rest is not mine.

...

"What!" Melissa and Allan exclaimed together.

Maddy opened her mouth to respond, but her cell rang. She winced when she read the ID.

"It's Mr. Matlock." she said, getting up to leave the room, "I gotta take this. Maria?"

"I'll continue." Maria said.

"Who's Mr. Matlock?" Melissa asked.

"Maddy's lawyer." Maria answered. "Emily is married to her ex-husband."

"Married?" Melissa said in disbelief, "She's married?"

"Yes." Maria confirmed.

Maddy came back into the room.

"What did he say?" Trish said.

"Well, he's not happy with me and he's coming here." Maddy said, sitting back down.

"Why does your lawyer need to be here?" Allan asked.

"I didn't get very far." Maria said to Maddy.

"Please start explaining!" Allan exclaimed angrily, "Why does your lawyer have to be here?"

"Allan, please." Melissa set a hand on her husband's arm, "I have a feeling there is a lot more involved."

Maddy was glad for Melissa's understanding.

"Mr. Matlock said it was important to wait until he got here." she said, "He'll be here shortly."

Maddy and Maria sat with Emily's parents uncomfortably. They both let out a relieved sigh when the doorbell rang. Allan got up to answer.

"Hello sir, I'm Wren Matlock." Mr. Matlock said, offering his hand.

Allan shook it.

"I'm Allan Cahill. Now can we know what the hell is going on?" he said, ushering Mr. Matlock into the living room.

"Allan." Melissa said.

"I apologize Mr. and Mrs. Cahill; my client should not have come here so haphazardly."

Maddy looked away from Mr. Matlock's glare.

"Just explain." Allen sighed.

"I-" Maddy began.

Mr. Matlock put his hand up to stop her.

"Miss Carson, perhaps it's best if I do the speaking."

Ally nodded, feeling like a child getting scolded.

"Miss Carso was previously married to your daughter's husband, Johnny Collin. She is currently fighting him for the custody of their two children. Part of Miss Carson's case rests on proving that her husband was abusive towards her." Mr. Matlock said in his professional manner, "We believe he is doing the same thing to Emily."

Melissa let out a sob. Allan wrapped his arms around her.

"When was the last time you saw your daughter Mr. and Mrs. Cahill?"

"A little over two years ago." Melissa said tearfully, "She left one morning for school and didn't come home."

"She lived here at home?" Maria asked.

"Yes." Melissa answered.

"How old was she two years ago?" Mr. Matlock asked, sending Maria a 'shut up' look.

"18." Allan answered.

Maddy did the calculations. Emily was only 20 years old! She was beginning to feel really guilty for not thinking that Johnny would do that shit all over again.

"Did you file a missing persons report?" Mr. Matlock asked, jotting down notes on the pad he brought with him.

"Yes, but the police basically told us that Emily's disappearance was just her spreading her wings of freedom." Allan said venomously.

"She was so excited about fashion school. Why would she up and leave it?" Melissa asked.

"I can answer that." Maddy said, silently asking Mr. Matlock to let her speak.

The stiff man gave her a curt nod.

"Johnny Collin is a very charming man." she began, "Very good at saying all the right things. I married him when I was 19 years old after only a year of dating. He promised me the world."

"You think he sweet-talked Emily?" Allan asked.

"I know he did." she said.

"Let's go get her!" Melissa said.

"That's not a good idea Mrs. Cahill." Mr. Matlock said.

"Why? Because we could mess with your little custody case?" Allan spat.

Maddy felt a spark of anger at that and had to remind herself that they were missing their daughter terribly.

"No Mr. Cahill, it has been in my experience that abuse victims often pretend as though nothing is wrong. If we just rush Emily, she will cover for Johnny, and we may put her in more danger. I saw Emily myself and I believe she is under his thumb." Mr. Matlock said in a cool tone.

"So how do we do this?" Melissa asked.

"Gradually." was the lawyer's answer, "And we'll need to form a plan."

"Like what?" Allan asked.

"A chance meeting." Maria said.

"Like that." Mr. Matlock said, eyes narrowed at the interruption.

"I can make that happen." Maria said, "Leave that to me."

"Maria is the sneakiest person I know." Maddy inputted.

"What if she is with Johnny?" Melissa asked.

"I'll find out her schedule." Maria said, "We'll position you at a time when she is alone. He can't possibly be with her all the time."

"How will you do that?" Allan asked.

"I've got a friend." Maria responded.

"I'm not hearing this." Mr. Matlock said.

"We'll get your daughter back Mr. and Mrs. Cahill." Maddy vowed, "And prove Johnny to be an unfit father in the process."

Melissa looked up at her husband. He nodded his consent.

"Let's get my daughter home safe." Allan said.

"Excellent." Mr. Matlock said, shaking the Cahill's hands, "Miss rodriguez will call me before she calls you to set up the meet."

"Thank you." Melissa whispered.

As soon as they exited the house Mr. Matlock rounded on Maria and Maddy.

"Never do anything like this again!" he said in a low voice, but he might as well have been yelling, "You both don't seem to realize how sensitive the court system is. Only certain things are admissible in cases. Miss Carson, you jeopardized your case just by coming here. You come to me if you think you have a grand idea!"

"I'm sorry Mr. Matlock." Maddy whispered.

"You are so lucky I went back to the office." Mr. Matlock hissed, "You, miss Rodriguez, are to call me when you are ready to set up the meeting."

"Yes sir." Maria said, suppressing the urge to salute.

"Do you both understand me?"

The girls nodded.

"Good afternoon to you then." he put on his hat and went to his car and drove off.

"Well that felt like we were back in Mr. Wright's class." Maria said.

Maddy didn't respond. Maria seemed to understand and guided her friend to the car. They drove back into the city in silence.

...

Maria pulled up in front of Maddy's mansion. Maddy exited the car quietly and headed for the stairs.

"Mads." Maria called out the window.

Maddy turned back.

"What Maria?" she asked tiredly.

"This isn't your fault." Maria said gently, "Emily is not your fault."

"I know that up here," she pointed to her head, and then put a hand over her heart, "but not in here."

She unlocked her door. Matt had been babysitting, so her kids were insane.

"Hi mommy!" Micah yelled.

"Indoor voice." she reminded him absently.

"Hey darling." Matt greeted, Maia clinging to his back.

"I'll be in my room." Maddy said moodily.

"What's wrong with mommy?" Maia asked as Maddy's bedroom door slammed.

"I'm not sure Princess." Matt said, setting the little girl down, "Can you and Micah play quietly in your room while I go talk to her?"

The twins nodded.

"Come on Miah." Maia said.

Matt knocked on Maddy's door.

"Maddy?"

He got no response.

"Can I come in darling?" he tried again.

He didn't wait for an answer when he heard soft crying. He opened the door to see Maddy curled up on her bed, hugging a pillow. He wordlessly joined her on the bed and put his arms around her. She didn't pull away, thankfully, just leaned into him, her head on his chest and cried. He didn't know what was wrong, but he just held her.

And that was all she needed.

...

Once Maddy had cried herself out, she started to talk.

"I feel so guilty Matt." she said, rubbing her red eyes.

"About what?" he asked.

"I should have warned her." She said, "I could have stopped this."

Matt was confused.

"You're getting ahead of me darling. Who?"

"Emily."

"Johnny's' wife?"

"Yes." Maddy sighed, "I knew when he got married. Why didn't I even think that he would do what he did to me all over again?"

Now Matt was beginning to catch on.

"What brought all this on?" he asked.

Maddy realized she had asked him to watch the kids and didn't even tell him where she was going. How was she so lucky? She recapped the visit to Emily's parents.

"That was risky Mads." he said.

"I know, I know. Mr. Matlock already read me the riot act." she said bitterly, "But Emily is the key to keeping my children. I just wish I had thought more of it when he married her."

"You had two toddlers to worry about Maddy. This isn't your fault." he said.

"It sure feels like it is." she said.

"Well you are doing it now." Matt said firmly.

"Doing what?" she asked.

"You're stopping it. You are saving that girl. You are fixing things." he said, pulling away to look his girlfriend in the eyes, "You are an incredible woman. And you can do anything."

Matt gave him a small smile before kissing him breathless. He let out a laugh as they pulled apart.

"Well thank you." he said.

"No, thank you." she said.

Her bedroom door opened a crack, two sets of eyes peeking in.

"Yessss?" Matt asked cheekily.

"Is mommy ok?" Micah asked.

"Mommy's just fine." Maddy answered, "You guys can come in."

Maia and Micah burst into the room and jumped on the bed. Matt caught Micah before the little boy nearly flew through the headboard.

"Whoa Little Man."

Micah giggled the way he did when he avoided near catastrophes. Maia rolled her eyes and sat carefully at the end of the bed.

"You aren't sad anymore mommy?" Maia asked.

Maddy smiled and squeezed Matt's hand.

"No. Not anymore." she said, "Come here sweetie."

Maia joined them at the head of the bed.

"Should we watch a movie?" she asked, reaching over onto her side table for her TV remote.

"Yeah!" the twins and Matt chorus.

They selected a movie on Pay-Per-View.

...

Maria rang the doorbell of the mansion. Karl quickly opened the door.

"Hey Maria!" he greeted.

"Must you act like a puppy every time you say hello to someone?" Maria said scathingly, entering the house.

He shrugged. It irritated her that she was unable to shake up the man-child. She was Maria Gonzalez for god's sake, she could shake up anyone.

"I need your help again." she said.

"No."

"Excuse me?" Maria exclaimed.

The red-head smirked at her. He actually had the guts to smirk at her.

"Not unless you promise to do something for me." Karl said, arms crossed.

Maybe the man wasn't as dumb as he acted.

"Like what?" she asked.

"You have to promise." he repeated.

"How can I promise when I don't know what you want me to do?" she asked.

"Do you want my help or not?"

Maria fought the urge to hit him. She had a brother, she could pack a punch. But instead she sighed.

"Fine I promise."

Karl stuck his hand out.

"Shake on it."

She rolled her eyes and shook his hand.

"What did I just promise to do?" she asked.

"You are going out on a date with me." he said, avoiding looking at her by messing around with his computer.

"What?" Maria screeched, "No. No way."

Karl stubbornly stopped typing.

"Ugh. God. Fine." she ground out, "maddy better be very grateful."

"I'm not that bad." he said, hurt.

They worked in silence for a bit.

"Got it." he said, pointing to the screen.

"No Karl. You're not all that bad." Maria said in a quiet voice.

Karl grinned, his ears turning slightly red.

....

Maddy woke up before her alarm the next morning. She smiled when she realized that all four of them had fallen asleep together. She was sad that it was Monday and they couldn't lounge around. She found herself thinking about how nice it would be to wake up like this every morning. Matt opened his eyes slowly.

"Hey." she said softly.

"Hey." he whispered back, gently moving Micah off his chest, "Sorry."

"It's ok. We all fell asleep." she said, reaching over Maia to run her hand through her boyfriend's unnaturally messy hair.

He caught her hand and kissed it.

"I like this." he said.

"Me too." Maddy said, feeling her face flush.

She jumped when her alarm started screaming. She quickly shut it off, but her kids were waking up.

"Matthew!" Micah said gleefully, throwing his arms around Matt.

"Good morning Little Man." he said.

Maia stretched and yawned. Matt leaned over the little boy to kiss Maia on the top of her head.

"Good morning to you too Princess."

Maia just waved, not quite awake. Matt and Maddy laughed.

"Come guys. Time to get ready for school." Maddy said, getting off the bed and lifting Maia down.

Matt did the same and helped Micah.

"I don't wanna go to school." Micah pouted.

"Go." Maddy said sternly, "Get dressed."

"Will you eat with us Matthew?" Maia asked.

"You bet. But go get ready."

The twins ran out of the room.

"I just love how they only listen to you." Maddy said, amused.

She was working on her computer in her office when he came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her middle and setting his chin on her shoulder. She giggled when his breath tickled her neck.

"Matt." she said in a warning tone.

"I love you." he said.

She turned her head and kissed his cheek.

"I love you too." she said. "Now behave."

"Yes ma'am." he said, reluctantly letting go.

Breakfast was wonderfully engaging. Maia and Micah were soo happy that Matt was there. Her heart warmed at the sight of Matt cutting up Micah's waffles for him. Maddy decided that she was going to let herself pretend. She deserved it.

"Who wants more syrup?" she asked.

Three full mouths asked for more.

....

Maddy was looking at house listings online when her cell rang.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey Mads." Maria said, "We've got a plan."

"We?" she asked.

"Yes, we. Me and Karl."

Maddy grinned.

"Stop smiling Madeleide." Maria said, but there was no malice in her tone.

"Emily Collin goes to the hair salon every third Monday. She'll be downtown this afternoon. Johnny has a meeting. He won't be around."

"Have you called Mr. Matlock?" Maddy asked, not wanting to incur the lawyer's wrath again.

"Yes. He's notifying the Cahill's. Mrs. Cahill now has an appointment and Mr. Cahill is just going to be waiting there."

"Ok. We can't be there. Emily will recognize us." Maddg said.

"I know. That's why I'm sending Karl in with his video camera and he'll set up so we can watch on the computer."

"He'll do that for us?" Maddy asked.

"He'll do that for me." Maria said, then realized what she had admitted, "And don't you dare start smiling again."

Maddy bit her lip, but refrained from smiling.

"I'll set up in the practice room." Maddy said, "I'll see you in a bit. Bye."

"Bye."

Maddy hit 'end' and then dialed another number. She informed Matt of what was going on. He informed her that he had to go to Australia for a few concerts.

"Good luck." he said.

"You too." she said, "We'll miss you."

"I'll miss you guys too. Keep me updated."

"Alright. Love you."

"Love you too darling."

....

Karl positioned himself inside the salon, telling the hairdressers he was filming a documentary. They were, of course, flattered and allowed him to sit in the corner. He began filming when Emily Harrison entered the shop.

"Hello Mrs. Harrison." said one of the hairdressers, named Cleo.

"Hello Cleo." Emily said quietly.

Karl filmed Emily getting her hair washed and sitting in one of the booths. The bell attached to the door rang and Mrs. Cahill entered with her husband. Karl gave them a discreet nod. Emily was facing away from them, but Karl could tell by the way the color drained from her face, she had spotted her parents in the mirror in front of her. Mrs. and Mr. Cahill had seen her as well, but followed Mr. Matlock's instructions not to engage immediately, so they pretended not to notice her.

"I'm here for my 5 o'clock appointment." Mrs. Cahill said, her voice uneven.

"Yes, of course, right this way." the other hairdresser, Lucy said.

Mrs. Cahill struggled to walk past her daughter to the wash basin.

"Doing well." Mr. Cahill muttered from beside Karl.

It was only when Mrs. Cahill was sat next to Emily that she reacted.

"Emily?" she gasped.

"M-mom?" Emily stammered.

She looked ready to run. Karl really hoped she wouldn't, Maria would be so disappointed.

"You know each other?" Cleo said pleasantly.

The hairdressers were confused when the older couple descended on Emily, hugging her tightly.

"We have missed you so much sweetheart." Mrs. Cahill said, tears running down her face.

Mr. Cahill struggled to remain stoic.

"I-I missed you too." Emily said.

"Where have you been?" Mr. Cahill asked, even though he knew the answer.

"I-I got married." she said, her voice becoming robotic, "To a wonderful man. I love him very much. He takes care of me."

Mr. Cahill clenched his fist at his side. This wasn't his daughter. His daughter was bright, happy and vibrant. This girl was cold and her eyes were filled to the brim with fright.

"Can we meet him?" he gritted out.

"No!" Emily exclaimed, jumping up, "I mean, he's a very private person."

Mrs. Cahill hugged her daughter. Emily let out a hiss of pain.

"What's wrong?" she asked her daughter.

"I-uh-just a bad trip down the stairs." Emily quickly said, "I'm fine."

Mr. Cahill put a hand on Emily's back and she winced.

"Come home Emily." he begged, "Come be safe."

Emily's eyes opened wide when she realized that her parents knew what Johnny was doing to her. But she remembered all of his horrible promises should she ever say anything.

"I don't know what you are talking about." she said, "I have to go. I'll reschedule Cleo."

Emily practically ran out of the salon. Mrs. Cahill moved to go after her, but Mr. Cahill stopped her.

"If he sees us, she's in more danger."

Back at the Sonic Boom, Maddy let out a sigh.

"The balls in Emily's court now." she said to Maria.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562K 26.1K 39
Kalliyah's twin sister, Alliyah decides to have an affair with an older man. The affair led to Alliyah getting pregnant. After couple months of taki...
6.1M 193K 75
WARNING!!! MATURE content for 18 years old and above!!! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this story! B...
6M 234K 45
"Wait let me get this straight, you want me to get fat?" Cara does not know if she should be offended or threatened. Was this his grand plan to make...
5.1M 191K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...