The Prince's Visions

By Havecouragebkind

People say that death is not the end. For Evelyn, it's not. After battling cancer for almost four years, deat... More

Disclaimer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty three
Chapter Twenty four
Chapter Twenty five
Chapter Twenty six
Chapter Twenty seven
Chapter Twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty one
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter forty three
Chapter Forty four
Chapter Forty five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty seven
Dedication
Author's Note
Becoming Aredhel

Chapter Twenty-one

3.3K 135 52
By Havecouragebkind

 Legolas, the prince of Mirkwood. He is unbearable handsome. Women and ellith alike adore him, fawn over him, and dream of him at night. He is a skilled warrior, which only adds to his attractiveness. His smile is the most beautiful sight I have ever seen in my entire life. His laugh makes me weak in the knees, and the way he looks at me makes me feel like I am about to pass out. Did I mention that he is a prince?

Oh, and he kissed me. Me, plain Jane, boring ol' me.

        He was my very first kiss. People used to always say that first kisses were awkward and strange, but they were obviously never kissed by Legolas. Legolas touched me so softly, the way it feels when a butterfly lands on you. Its wings flutter, brushing your skin as softly and gently as the wind, and the feeling sends happiness rippling in your heart like a pond after someone has skipped a pebble over its surface. That is how is felt to be touched by Legolas, but that is only part of how incredible the experience was.

    His grip on my face and my ribs was gentle, but there was a certain pressure to it that let me know just how much the kiss was affecting him. He only let me catch my breath for mere seconds before his lips would claim mine once again, and I loved every moment of it. I had daydreamed of kissing him on several occasions, but actually kissing him was as if I had stepped into Heaven. He was perfect, and his kisses placed me under a spell. I could not think straight when he touched me and especially not when he kissed me. In my previous life, I had never felt such feelings for anyone before. Legolas opened these new emotions of mine and experimented with them. Heat had pooled in my lower stomach as he passionately and slowly kissed my mouth, and when his fingers tangled in my hair at the base of my neck, I swear I almost passed out.

    He was so tempting and alluring, bringing out emotions in me that were lovely, exquisite, and terrifying all at once. He kissed me so many times throughout the long hours he stayed in my room with me, that I completely lost count. After sharing our first kiss-well kisses- he had sat down on my bed with me and we talked. I told him even more about my life on earth, and he was blown away by the differences in cultures and ways about doing things. In turn, he told me of Mirkwood, his home, and all of the beautiful memories he could think of that took place there. Every once in a while, when I would be staring at him in awe as I listened to one of his stories, he would chuckle deeply and lean in, kissing my lips delicately. After kissing me once, he completely forgot about his story as he deepened our kiss, proving to make me forget as well as I became completely immersed in the feeling of his touch and his warm, delectably soft lips. He kissed me so many times, yet he never tried going any further, and the thought of his gentlemanliness made me like him even more.

    After long hours of spending time together, his sister knocked on my door. I had become unbearably embarrassed when I opened the door and her gaze traveled knowingly from me to Legolas who was standing close behind me. It must have been very obvious what we were up to because we did not exactly look well put together. My hair was a mess from the way that Legolas enjoyed running his fingers through it, and I was quite positive that my lips had been swollen from all of his kisses.

    Glosseth had told us that King Thranduil sent her to find Legolas since everyone was concerned and worried when neither of us showed up for breakfast. She said she had checked Legolas's room, but upon finding him missing, she was almost positive that he was with me. She was right.

    Legolas left a little while ago with his sister, but he promised to try to come and see me again before supper. After kissing my hand as his sister watched us closely, he followed her away, and I have been sitting on my bed thinking of him ever since.

    Now that I am alone and can now properly think, sorrow begins to weave its way into my heart and into my very bones. Legolas made it seem so easy for us to be together. I told him my reasons for not wanting to court him, yet he had an answer for them immediately. Being a prince and all, I am sure he is used to getting what he wants and nothing less, but when it comes to his lover and one day wife, I just know that King Thranduil will not allow his son to be bound to a nobody. Legolas is just stubborn. But I find that attractive about him.

    My thoughts wander to when Legolas became extremely awkward upon seeing me in my nightgown, and I blush all over again. I wasn't thinking straight. On Earth, I owned dresses that short that I wore in public. I kinda forgot about how strict Middle Earth is.

    Something white in the windowsill catches my attention from the corner of my eye, and I stand from my bed, wandering over to investigate. A single white flower sits in a tiny pot, the crinkled petals turning brown with death. I have always loved flowers. My mother had a huge garden in our backyard in Alabama, and it was always beautiful and bursting with color. I loved to sit in the garden and relax on warm spring days with my mother, and this flower reminds me of her and the life I used to have. Tears come to my eyes unwillingly, and I blink hard to try to stop them from falling. I reach out to touch the petal, wishing more than anything that I could somehow bring life back to it. My skin brushes one of the dry petals, and I expect for it to fall off. But it does not.

    A faint gasp of surprise escapes my lips, and I back away from the flower in alarm and confusion. The petal that I touched began to stretch out, knocking away the crinkles in its structure, and the brown color began to vanish and turn into a faint silver. I watch in awe as the rest of the petals slowly do the same until I am left staring at a perfectly healthy silver flower that glows enchantingly.

    Oh my gosh, I am Harry Potter.

    I step forward and look more closely at the strange flower. Its appearance instantly reminds me of the Moonlace flower Calypso gives to Percy Jackson in the Battle of the Labyrinth, and the thought brings a wide grin to my lips.

    I am so confused, though. How did I bring a plant back to life? And on top of that, how did I turn a white flower silver? Maybe this is a magic flower, and my touch just activated its powers. But somehow, I know this observation is not true. When I touched the petal, this strange warmth came to my fingertips. It felt like electric sparks wrapped around my fingers, but it wasn't painful, just... weird. My breath is now coming out in small puffs as if I just ran a mile (which is something that I definitely did not do), and my body feels a bit weaker than it did just a moment ago. It is as if I transferred some of my energy to the plant, but that is impossible, right?

    I gasp as a sharp pain suddenly shoots through my chest. A cough escapes my lips, several others escaping right after it. My vision swirls in and out of focus, and my head begins to ache horribly. I try to breathe steadily, hoping that it will somehow help my sudden sickness, but it does not work. My skin feels hot, and a sheen of sweat forms on the surface of my skin. I stumble over to my bed, resting the palms of my hands against the edge in an attempt to regain my balance and fight away my dizziness.

    My breathing is uncontrollable now as I gasp for air, feeling as if my lungs are constricting. Panic surges through me as I wonder what is happening to me. It is entirely impossible for sickness to hit so suddenly. Tears trail down my cheeks as I am reminded of all the pain I went through on earth, and, for a moment, I am terrified that my cancer has somehow come back.

    The door to my room bursts open as another round of coughs rack my body. I cover my mouth as I cough, and when I pull away there are spots of blood on my palm.

    "Lie down, child," I hear the comforting, yet worried voice of Galadriel say, and she helps me to lie down on my bed.

    I groan as another wave of pain attacks my body. It feels as if I am being stabbed in the chest, and my head is pounding. I hear others enter the room, but I have my eyes shut tightly in pain. I could not care less who is in this room at the moment. Lady Galadriel places her hand over my eyes and begins to speak in Elvish. Bright light shines behind my closed eyelids, but it is a warm, soothing light. The pain in my body begins to disperse after a few minutes of her chanting, and I am left weak and panting.

    Once she stops, I hear people talking lowly.

    "Elrond, she has shown no signs until now. I fear for her. I did not realize she would go through this much pain," comes the unmistakable voice of Galadriel, "She only healed a flower. I do not understand how such little magic could harm her so badly."

    Lord Elrond answers her, but his voice is too low for me to hear as I concentrate on steadying my breathing. The overwhelming, searing pain is now gone, only to be replaced with a dull ache that spreads throughout my body. My heart is racing from my horrible experience.

    "There is dark magic at work here. The pain was not caused by her own magic," Gandalf says after a moment.

    Silence floats throughout the room. My head throbs, and I cannot concentrate on what they are saying.

Someone's fingers brush away strands of my sweaty hair that clings to my face, and the touch is comforting to me. "She will be fine, I presume?" The voice that speaks causes me to stiffen. King Thranduil. His voice is close, seeming to be right beside my bed.

    "Yes," Galadriel responds softly, "Come, we must leave her. She needs rest."

    I hear them all leave the room along with another set of footsteps that must be Gandalf's. The door shuts softly behind them. I sigh in relief, pulling my soft covers up to my chin. I want answers, but for now my body aches too much. I decide to heed Galadriel's advice, and I fall asleep quickly.

    ——

I wake up the next morning to find Legolas sitting in a chair beside my bed, holding my hand. His arms are propped on the bed, and his head is lying on them. He is fast asleep. A smile makes its way to my lips as I look at him. His silky blonde hair is unbraided, falling naturally down his back and arms. I move my hand from his in order to touch his hair for a moment. I run my hand through his hair and sigh slightly in content.

He stirs, shifting slightly in his chair before sitting up slowly. His sleepy eyes look around my room in confusion as if he does not know where he is, and then his gaze meets mine. The tired haze seems to lift off of his mind as he leans forward and squeezes my hand in his tightly.

    "Eilonwy," he says, his husky voice sending butterflies throughout my stomach, "How are you feeling?"

    I close my eyes for a moment, trying to figure out if there is any pain left in my body. I open my eyes once again when I am sure of my answer. "I am well. The pain is gone." I sit up slowly, and Legolas assists me until I am sitting up, propped against the headboard of my bed.

    "I am glad," he breathes, his crystal blue eyes watching me in a way that electrifies my veins. He looks down at my hand as he runs his finger across my wrist lightly. "I was so worried. All of us were assisting in decorating the ballroom and the dining room for the feast next week when suddenly Galadriel gasped in horror and fled from the room, leaving us to run after her in concern."

    "I am sorry for worrying you," I say quietly, looking across my room toward the silver plant I somehow grew, "It hurt."

    "I know, and for that I am sorry," Legolas says, and he moves from his chair, sitting on the bed beside me. His eyes are sad as he analyzes me carefully. "I am glad that you are feeling better. You must be well for the ball coming up. I want to lead you in your very first dance."

    I smile. "I would not want to dance with anyone else," I reply honestly.

    He leans in and kisses my forehead delicately. "Good. I do not want you to dance with anyone else," he says with a slight smirk.

    I look at him for a moment before saying, "I am starving."

    He looks at me in bewilderment for a moment at the sudden topic change, but then he begins to laugh. "I will get you some food then. I cannot allow my lady to starve," he says teasingly as he stands and walks to the door.

    My heart flutters in my chest as he calls me his lady, and his smile sends my stomach into a flurry of butterflies.

    He leaves my room, and I am left to my thoughts. I look back at the flower in the windowsill. Once I eat, I am going to find Galadriel and get some answers. I want to touch the flower again to see what will happen, but I am afraid that I will become sick again. Never in my life have I felt such agonizing, searing pain. I only hope that it does not happen again.

—————

A/N: Sorry for the wait, y'all! I was trying extra hard to make the epilogue of my story Falling Slowly absolutely perfect (That story is on the site Quotev). So, please comment and tell me what ya think! This is only the beginning of the craziness that's about to unfold! I look forward to hearing what y'all have to say! Love you guys!

    Love,

    Josie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 7.4K 28
*COMPLETE* HarryPotterxLOTR crossover FemHarryxGlorfindel ^ Because there are not nearly enough of those. ⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆ Azalea Po...
608K 20.9K 44
Book I of the 'To Live Again' Saga In the modern world Clara Riley experiences a life changing event...death! Usually this means the end of living...
95.5K 4.7K 48
After the horrible incident in the fortress of Gundabad, Turwaithiel returns to Rivendell as a different person. Her night is filled with horrible dr...
229K 9.2K 51
Celebríel is the first-born daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebrían, though her parentage is not easily recognized. Unlike her other siblings, she...