The Mafiosa's Thorn

By Carlos_G_Peralta

Ever since her husband's tragic passing, Bianca Petali has continued his legacy as boss of the Petali Organiz... More

Author Notes and Mini Reviews
Shakedown
Meeting Pt 1
Meeting Pt 2
Rafael
Fate
A Lit Fuse
Run & Hide
End of A Barrel
Orchidea's Home
Tension
Game
Opportunity
Spar
Unravel
Rattle
Punish
Heartbreak
Decisions
Telephone Game
Date
Consequence
Relief & Tense
Therapy
Dress Up
Concrete
Auction
Spill
Regain
Reward
Steaming
Council
Richie
Sopresa
Fall
Falling
Garner
Rock Bottom
Rising
Fiance
Xianmao
Red
Phoenix
Declaration
A Moment of Peace
Final Night Pt 1
Final Night Pt 2
Duel
Aftermath
Dungeon
Thanksgiving
Fresh Start
Epilogue

Chills

25 6 30
By Carlos_G_Peralta

Leaves of brown and orange accompany the Asian trio leaving Orchidea's mansion.

Jian drapes his black jacket around Jia's shoulders before leading her back to the armored SUV. A tight squeeze with a side embrace. "Everything will be alright."

He keeps the plan to himself to avoid scaring her any further. They drive away to drink some soothing tea for Jia's health before returning to the apartment.

A firm, speedy grip on her shoulders stops her from exiting. Her eyes look back at him. He tilts his chin to the right. Her eyes follow...pupils shake from seeing their grandmother along with Yuxan.

He taps his sister's shoulders in a repetitive manner. That things will be alright.

He steps out of the vehicle and makes his way over to his employer. He bows before her. "Madame Xianmao, how are you?"

The Triad leader's rare smile sends a chill down his spine. "I am fine. I want to speak to you about something. You can tell Fu to drive Jia around town for a bit."

"I understand." He waves back at Fu while keeping his mind steady.

His assistant drives on with his twin sibling staring from the window. Teary eyes from what might happen to him.

"Would you like a drink?" He offers.

"No. It will be quick."

Her large, stocky henchman opens the door to her limo. His hand motions for him to enter.

Jian remembers his trusted 45 mm is within reach at his hip. Maybe he can accelerate the plan.

He enters the vehicle with Xianmao being helped inside. Hope leaves him.

Several of her faithful subordinates sit with crossed arms in their seats.

Xianmao sits opposite of her grandson with hands clutching her cane. A manilla folder rests besides her.

Slam. The door closes. The ignition cuts off.

He waits for her to make the first move.

"..What have you been up to today?"

A quick exhale from his nostrils. "I was helping Jia get acquainted with Orchidea. They seem to have gotten along well."

She scoffs. "No need to get cozy with her. But it has to happen. When it's her time, she will have to make sure not to step on any toes. And I assume you will have her meet with Kelpie and Vmey?"

"Exactly. She still needs more time because of her stress-"

"She will be ready just like I was. It's in her blood to be great."

A hidden insult that doesn't rattle him. Not anymore.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"Something bothers me," she continues. "Why isn't Zixin responding to my calls?"

Zixin, the late fiancé of Jia. "I am not sure. I haven't seen him around."

A long exhale. "Maybe it was best that he disappeared. His mouth was too big for his brain. No matter. I will just arrange a new fiancé for her. My legacy will be secured despite her "problem".

Jian's left eyebrow raises up. He plays dumb. "What problem?"

She sighs. "That Magna Cum Laude degree was a waste of your time. How could you not know your sister has a girlfriend on the side?"

"She-She did? How-"

She tosses the folder to him. He opens it to find photos of her kissing the brunette woman. His breath hitches to play up his stupidity.

"I had her followed. This Raven woman corrupted her. If word gets out, her reputation as a boss will be ruined. Tradition must be followed."

By her tone, she just gave him an order.

"I don't care how you do it. She will be sad, but she will get over it."

He swallows the lump of anger in his throat. "Why me?"

"I just thought you could redeem yourself with this easy task. You failed to capture the rogue Triad members and you made a mockery of me in front of the Council."

The end of her cane taps quickly on the floor. Her patience with him is running thin.

"I will take care of it. I hope to redeem myself in your eyes," he bluffs while bowing his head to her. "I also want to apologize."

The Panda's earrings jingle as she leans her head forward.

"I'm sorry for letting you down this whole time. Even from my childhood. Jia...is the best replacement for you. I will gladly serve her when it's time."

His lies intermingled with his traumatic past. The truth will rise up like a phoenix upon her death.

The Panda smirks. "Good. Now carry it out tonight and let me know that it has been done."

"Yes, Madame."

He takes the folder with Raven's information while Yuxan opens the door for him. His heart begins to settle once his grandmother's limo drives off. He texts Fu about what they must do and to meet up asap...

Jia's heavy tears stream down with anger. "How could she?!"

Her twin holds her close. "I know. We're not going to hurt Raven. Does she have any family or friends outside the state?"

"She-She has parents in Virginia."

He lets go to write something down. He shows it to her. One of my men will drive her to Illinois for safekeeping. He will text me with a photo once she's secured. Text her like normal, but she won't respond. Make it seem that she ghosted you.

He looks at her for a reaction. Although it hurts her, she understands why. She buries her crying face into his shirt.

"I'm so grateful for you," she appreciates.

"Same."

After calming her down, he and Fu "leave" to complete their mission.

----

Rain pellets hit Raven's black umbrella. She just had a terrible day at work. Her computer froze up along with a wonky phone. The coffee was nasty. And her boss leaned over her shoulder to micro-manage the color designs for an advertising client. 

She smiles though, thinking of Jia. To see her face would make her whole day better. She just wished that she had no ties to the Triad so they can live a normal life. She tries to call her while waving for a taxi.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Her voicemail responds...."Please leave a message!"

Beep.

"Hi, honey! It's been a while, but I miss you. How about we eat in tonight? Whatever you-"

A nearby black car stops close to the curb. Her heart jumps from seeing the triangle tattoos on their hands. Her feet walk backward with eyes forward.

Her back touches the mustached man behind her.

The barrel of the gun freezes her from moving.

"You will come with us. Don't make a scene," he whispers.

Her body trembles. "Please. Is Jia okay?"

"Move."

Raven's mind recollected the real horror stories she would always listen to. Her body won't ever be found. She chokes up on tears from never getting the chance to talk with her parents or Jia ever again. The concealed gun forces her forward to get into the back of the unmarked car.

Her hands tremble. Her purse drops.

"S-S-Sorry," she apologizes while picking it back up. Her hand grabs the small container of mace. She whips around and sprays it in the man's face. He yells out while arms latch around her wide hips from behind. 

She claws at the man's arms while screaming for help. The man throws her into the car and slams the door. The mace drops to the floor of the vehicle.

Lock.

She squirms and tries to claw at the kidnapper's clean-shaven face, but he grabs her by the wrists.

"ENOUGH! We won't kill you!"

His booming voice freezes her. The maced mustached man blinks multiple times with tears leaking out. His hand finds the front passenger door handle before they peel away.

One of the three men in the back take her purse. He takes out her phone and quickly throws the SIM chip out the window.

The young man lets go of her wrists. "Ms. Sinclair, Jia is looking out for you. Her grandmother knows about you and wants you dead. We are getting you far away until things have settled."

A few taps on his phone....

"Baby?" Jia's voice crackles out.

"Jia, what the hell is going on?!"

"I know. I'm sorry. It's a lot, but they will keep you safe..."

She tells her what they will do and partially of the group planning to overtake Xianmao.

Raven's honey-brown eyes blink numerous times, but the information settles in. "I thought I was going to die."

"I'm so sorry. I will make things right once it's over. We can be together and away from all of this."

"What about your brother?"

"He will be okay. Trust me."

"Oh, shit! I maced one of them," she leans to the man sitting in front. "Pour milk to relieve the pain! I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," he grunts.

Jia stifles her laughter. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too."

The call ends. The clean-shaven man brings out a black hood to put over her face. He motions for her to put it on and lie low.

She understands and puts it on. He gives her space to lay comfortably on the leather seats. The tires keep spinning before coming to a quick stop. Open. Close.

To her ears, something wrinkles near her.

"It's just us three. Try and get some rest. Snacks are right there if you're hungry. Jia mentioned you liked spicy chips so we just picked plenty of that," the driver mentions to her.

The tires resume what will be part of a long trip.

She puts a hand over her heart for a silent prayer. Jia, please be okay. If things work out, let's get married. I love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 27.2K 43
𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐀 - Intricate and witty, her life has twisted upside down after her father's past scarred his family. At the young age...
34.3K 770 51
Book One in the Mafia's Flower series THIS IS A DARK ROMANCE MEANT FOR MATURE AUDIENCES TRIGGERS ARE LISTED ON THE FIRST PAGE As the daughter of a Do...
529K 10.6K 33
When left at the altar Haley decides to go on a trip to Europe to find her true self. Her plan takes a different turn when she meets the hot Italian...
472K 8K 57
BOOK ONE : Desires Series In public I'm his queen,his dearest wife;in bed I'm his most obedient slut;the one he pleasures every night and in the morn...