Sunlight | Baek Dohwa x Reader

By euhoerev

"His hair looks golden in the sunlight." OTL/PLO A FEM! READER X DOHWA STORY you reincarnate into your favou... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX

XIX

5.4K 259 65
By euhoerev

it's finally the weekend we decided on to go to marang. i don't know how it's going to go with me being here, since su-ae got to go in as dohwa's guardian in the webtoon. wait- will i have to wait in the lobby?

anyways, i'm squished in between dohwa and su-ae in this bus and it's hot as hell here. although, it is nice because i'm resting my head on dohwa's left shoulder and he's resting his head on top of mine. it makes me feel even more hot but it's worth it.

"y/n why did you say he could come along." su-ae pouts. "he's too exhausted to even be here, look at him passed out."

i move my head to look over at her but still keep it on his shoulder.

"but i still look handsome, right?" dohwa speaks up, it seems he wasn't passed out after all.

"ha! what baseless confidence...-" su-ae starts but trails off as she seems to notice the effortless glow dohwa has.

i giggle at their bickering, my favourite hobby is watching them go back and forth.

"also didn't you mention getting a weekend part time job?" su-ae asks.

"i took today off."

"why?!"

i raised my head off of dohwa's shoulder, since he was no longer resting his head on mine, to scroll through instagram.

"why'd you lift your head off my shoulder." dohwa pouts.

"oh i figured you didn't need to rest your head on mine anymore since you were awake now."

"so? what does being awake have anything to do with that?" he slightly leans over to rest his head on my shoulder now. "i like the warmth."

-

dohwa slides the business card over to the lady on the other side of the counter.

"you...?" she asks before looking at the card and being amazed.

"woah! please come this way!" the lady leads us to the turnstile. "this is the first time someone brought the chairman's business card!"

she pauses when she sees me and su-ae.

"i'm sorry but it'll be hard for someone to enter if they aren't your guardian..." the lady politely explains. "your friends can wait at the cafe."

"she's my guardian." dohwa speaks up.

i was waiting for him to let out that sentence. i've been trying to find ways to get in without her noticing but it all seems impossible.

the lady freezes at his words, "sorry? guard...ian?"

"yes. she's my noona." dohwa puts his hand on su-ae's shoulder to make it seem more believable.

the lady looks at them with an extremely confused expression. almost like she knew they were lying but wouldn't be able to call out the famous dohwa.

"s-so youre his noona..." she forces out. "and you are...?" she turns her head to me.

"she's my other guardian." he blurts out those 4 words that weren't a part of the plan of the webtoon. he puts his free hand around my waist, pulling me closer. i could feel the butterflies erupting in my stomach. my waist, for some reason, is a very sensitive and intimate part, according to my brain.

"if i'm not with both of my noona's i won't be able to go in because i'm too scared." dohwa pouts like a scared child, without his mom, in the line for the cashier.

"p-pardon?" the lady is taken aback even more now.

"right, noona's?" dohwa looks at su-ae first then turns his head to look at me while smiling.

i give him a 'what the hell are you saying' glare to which he retorted with a 'what? it's more fun this way' look in his eyes.

"i-" su-ae starts, catching both of our attentions. "I WILL NEVER SEND MY DOHWA ANYWHERE ALONE!" she screams and the whole lobby goes quiet.

i start laughing but quickly manage to cover it up with a cough.

-

all three of us sit in a mini conference room in silence, until i glance at dohwa and we share a look before bursting out in laughter.

"oh my god it was like a jump scare." i pretend to wipe tears from my eyes

"you're so shameless!" she says looking at both me and dohwa but directing her words more towards dohwa.

"huh?" dohwa says after finishing laughing.

"n-nothing! i'm just saying you're a good actor!" she tries to play it off cool.

"hello." a tall elegant man enters the room making all three of us turn our heads. "we've met before, right?" he asks, but it was more of a statement.

"it's nice to see you again." the man fake smiles towards dohwa.

"is that so...?" dohwa responds, completely uninterested. "i dont seem to remember it."

the icy cold glare they shared and the tension in the room is one that you would need to be there for, to understand it.

"i'm going to the restroom for a bit...!" su-ae stands up—breaking the silence and the tension, thankfully. "all three of you can talk comfortably, for as long as you want."

she walks towards the door before looking back at me and dohwa asking us to 'stall for time' with her facial expressions. and then she exits the room.

as the door closes shut, the awkward silence shows up again. so i decide to woman up and break it.

"so...are you the assistant of the ceo?" i ask the man, already knowing who he is but trying to make small talk.

he slowly looks in my direction and switches his expression to an unreadable one when he sees my face. "you could say that."

"ah i see..." the silence comes back as i decide on what to say again. "...what should i call you by?"

"you can just call me sir." he responds with a bored tone.

this guy?!? whys he being so vague? acting as if i'm nothing but a little annoying fly, when he's the actual fly. no- not a fly, a whole ass mosquito! he has no right to be acting superior when he's nothing but a side character. oh...so am i...whatever, you know what i mean!

"that girl has been gone for a while now." the man finally speaks up.

"ah..!" i nudge dohwa subtly.

"she mustve gotten lost...!" dohwa says.

"well then, i have to go find her so i can help show her the way." the man says and leaves the room before we could talk him out of it.

i let out a breath i didn't even know i was holding in. that man made me feel extremely uncomfortable just by looking at him. i look over at dohwa who's typing away, on his phone. i assume he's warning su-ae that the guy went to look for her, like the annoying mosquito he is.

"that guy had no reason to be acting like that." i let out a sigh.

dohwa chuckles at my sigh. "i could feel the panic."

"wow. and you didn't even try to step in and help?" i act upset and playfully slap his shoulder.

"that's because i trust you can fight your own battles." he pauses. "but if anybody tries to hurt you i'll be the first to step in." he winks at me, indicating he was joking (or maybe not?).

"my knight in shining armour." i joke back but in reality, his words made me feel a sense of safety.

he smiles as he stares at my face. and a silence creeps it's way back into the room.

"why are you looking at me like that..." i get a bit flustered and turn my head to face the wall in front of us.

"like what?" i didn't even need to look because i could hear the smirk in his voice.

"like...-"

the man opens the door—cutting me off—with su-ae standing behind him. "it's best you three get going because it seems the ceo is busy at the moment.".

me and dohwa get up and follow him to the lobby.

"please come again..." he smiles in an obvious fake way.

-

we're all sitting on the bus, the same way as before. dohwa on my right, me in the middle, and su-ae on my left. of course i was jealous and had to sit in between them- i'm only human.

i see su-ae's head falling towards the metal bar that holds the seat up, and since dohwa isn't close enough to save her it's my turn to step up and do the right thing! become the superhero everyone wants and needs!!!!

i save su-ae's head from hitting the metal bar and gently lead her head over to my shoulder. i then feel a weight on my other shoulder. out of the corner of my eye i notice the golden blonde hair that was shining in the sunlight.

im now squished between two people, both of which are resting their heads on my shoulders.

but i might as well enjoy the extra warmth on an already warm, sunny day.

a/n: would u guys read it if i write an eunhyuk x reader fic (im like 90% sure i'll make one)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 41.5K 35
*This is written by a 14/15 year old. You have been warned* Allysa. Also known As the 'Pack Slut'. Having grown up to believe that men are creatures...
404K 9.8K 32
IN WHICH astra hart is adamant that she has nothing to do with the infamous gang, the black wolves oc x derek morgan
451K 17.8K 31
{Sequel to Mine| Their Family book 2} Marriage wasn't all domestic bliss and barefoot pregnancies. Well at least that's not how it started out for th...
451K 13.2K 200
Diamond no ace X Reader Title says it all