Psycho Hot (BoyxBoy)

By mrosewriter

"Are you psychotic?" I let out a sarcastic laugh. With an intimidating smirk, he says, "You've got that right... More

Copyright
About this Book
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
Author's Note
What's next?

FIVE

2.3K 82 5
By mrosewriter

Darren's lips are addictive. His mouth is a sweet, fruity wine, and I'm the alcoholic. With each taste, I go back for more and don't question it.

As much as I hate to profess my true feelings, I have to admit that Ilove every second of this moment. I've never been kissed like this.

Since I first laid eyes on him, I've wanted this and it's dangerous. This is bad. Very bad. But I can't help it. Lord help me, but I would sin so hard for Darren Walker.

His hands cup my cheeks as he deepens the kiss. A fire explodes in my belly, aching for more. Darren's tongue battles with mine for the dominant position, but he's currently winning. After all, he's the more assertive one.

I can't believe I'm making out with an alleged psychopath... Oh no. What am I doing?

Ever since I've gotten this job, I've been slowly losing myself as a rational person, and it's only day seven.

I have to stop this.

"Get the fuck off of me!" I push Darren away, finally coming to my senses again.

"What the hell was that for?" he growls.

Darren's angry when he's the one who came onto me. He's the one who broke all of the doctor-to-patient barriers. He's the one who's putting both of us at risk. He doesn't have the right to be pissed off. I do.

"Are you fucking psychotic?" I let out a sarcastic laugh.

With an intimidating smirk, he says, "You've got that right, darling."

"Stop trying to charm me, Darren!"

I want to slap his angelic face. Not to hurt him, but to give him a reality check.

"Fine," he agrees for once. "But you have to stop acting as if you didn't enjoy that. I know, for a fact, that you did."

I shove past him to pick up the tray of pills, brewing up a reply in the process.

"We can't do this, Darren." I make sure to avoid his sharpened stare. "This isn't right... or even safe. I could lose my position here."

He licks his bottom lip as if I'm his next meal.

"Is it because of who they say I am?" Darren interrogates me. I refuse to answer. "Scared of a little danger?"

I glance down at the tray in my hands. I've been in his cell for too long. The guards, or even Edward, might come looking for me if I trespass any longer.

"I have to go."

"Kenneth, I'm sorry-"

Without another word, I exit his room and lock it behind me. My brain is scrambled eggs. I'm already regretting giving in to my darkest desires.

What did I just do?

***

When I plop down on the empty cafeteria bench for lunchtime, Idon't expect Edward to take a seat across from me a minute later. He's not a very vocal man, so I haven't figured out how he feels about me. I'm guessing this is a step forward.

"I hope this seat wasn't taken," the raven-haired man grins.

"Well... I did have a date scheduled with my imaginary friend," I sigh, jokingly. of course. "But I guess you can take her spot."

"I'm sure she won't mind," Edward plays along.

As he takes a bite of his sandwich, I grow uncomfortable from the sense that someone is watching me. Peering over my shoulder, I see Darren forking his food and staring at me. He makes it very obvious.

I turn back around, paying attention to Dr. Hughes. The two of us make casual conversation. There isn't anything that should be of interest to listening ears. Yet, I know Darren is still eavesdropping.

I'm not so confident anymore that he's messing with my emotions. Maybe Darren does fancy me. After all, he seems to focus on my boring discussions with Edward. Could he be envious of him?

There's one way I could find out the truth. I decide to toy with Satan.

"Do you have any plans after work tonight?" I question my coworker.

"Um..." he pauses to think for a moment. "No, I don't believe so. Why do you ask?"

"Would you want to hang out tonight?" I suggest. "We should probably get to know each other if we're going to be working almost every day together."

Darren's glare grows more intense. I can feel it piercing through the back of my head. With this type of reaction, I know he's genuinely upset. Perhaps he wasn't trying to manipulate me. Maybe everything that has come out of his mouth is true.

I seriously think this moment confirms that he's not trying to fool me for his own amusement. At least, I'm hoping so. If I'm wrong, then it'll be my doom.

"Sounds like a date then," I nod.

"A date?" Edward leans back in his seat.

"Oh! I didn't mean it like that!" I chirp.

"It's no big de-"

"Excuse me, may I talk to Dr. Baker? It's an urgent issue," Darren pops out of nowhere, interrupting my company.

Edward shakes his head, clueless. "Sure. I have a lot to get done in my office anyway."

"See you later!" I wave goodbye.

Darren's hands slam on the table, which causes me to jump in surprise. He then leans down, spitting out a harsh "What the fuck do you think you're doing, Kenneth?"

Okay. He's way angrier than I first believed.

"I'm eating lunch."

"You're playing with fucking fire, darling," he warns me.

He's right. I know what I'm getting myself into, but I don't have a care in the world. Being in this asylum is starting to screw me up.

Even with Darren's harsh words, that pet name gives me butterflies.

"I can show you crazy if that's what you want," he adds.

Maybe I took it too far. I can't help but feel somewhat afraid of his threats. This is the first time that I'm startled by him. I immediately take back my actions, "That's not what I want."

Darren cackles, "Are you sure about that? Because you wouldn't have asked Dr. Hughes on a date if you didn't want to provoke me."

I have to conjure up a lie to get Darren off my case. If I don't climb out of this hole I put myself in, it could turn for the worse.

"Is there a problem with me trying to make friends with my coworkers?" I challenge him. "You're absolutely ridiculous. Edward and I barely know each other. Hell, I barely know you, Darren. There's no reason to get so jealous of something entirely innocent."

"I'm not jealous," he takes offense. Liar.

I pack up my trash then stand up in an attempt to escape.

"Why am I even arguing with someone like you?" I rhetorically ask. "It's not even worth it."

"Wait!" Darren stops me before I can even move a centimeter away.

I sigh, "What is it?"

"I'm sorry," he frowns. Darren Walker apologizing? That's new. "When I like someone, I tend to get a little possessive."

"Well, I am not a possession, Darren. I'm a human being, and I'd prefer to be treated as such," I reject his plea.

"Just, please, for my sanity, don't hang out with him tonight," he practically begs me.

"I can do what I want," I scoff. "Besides, we're going as friends. He's not into men."

"You don't know that, Kenneth." Darren purses his lips together and reaches for my arm. I retreat backward so he misses.

The usual alarm blares which disrupts everyone, including us. I ignore Darren, not even saying goodbye, and quickly strut out of the room so he can't catch me.

This day has been way too stressful for me to handle. There were so many highs and lows. I still can't process it all.

Every single thought in my mind is tangled up in another. Keeping a focus on the present has become a difficult task. That's what this man is doing to my brain; he's fucking it up. I'm not entirely positive if it's intentional or not.

Is Darren doing this to me, or am I doing this to myself?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

3.1M 120K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
1.3M 59.2K 36
Jason Williams didn't think going out to dinner with his family was going to be any different than usual. Comments about his sexuality, some teasing...
793K 26.9K 67
Zach is your typical nerd. loves to read, loves to draw, loves to bake, and decorate cakes in his family bakery. and of course, gay. Brian is your ty...
62.1K 2.7K 44
*SEQUEL TO ONE HOT SUMMER* ROMANCE **The sudden action of Jasper getting to standing, caused the bench to make a painful scraping sound against the f...