The Fence (A Billy Hargrove S...

Von Lithium80

⚠️ This is a darker story. ⚠️ Billy Hargrove short story. This story will focus a lot on Billy's abuse from h... Mehr

The Other Side of the Fence
The Basement
Hope
Your Billy
Cigarettes and Cologne
Hello Motherfucker
No More Monster
Damaged
Bonus Chapter (The Journey)

My Hero

582 18 55
Von Lithium80

5 years later
***
Billy's POV

"Ready for your surprise, baby?" I grin at her.

Jo giggles excitedly. "Yes, Billy."

"You're gonna love it." I say pulling over in front of a house.

There's one specific reason I bought this house and I can't wait for her to see it.

"Where are we?" she says looking over at me with bright eyes. That lifeless expression I once saw is now replaced with genuine happiness.

"Come on!" I say jumping out of the car. She follows you to the yard. I stop at the for sale sign and pull it from the ground dramatically.

"Welcome home, sweetheart." I say and I wait a moment for her to process my words.

Her mouth drops open and she turns to the little yellow house. It needs some work. It's not the nicest house on the street but I hope she'll love it.

"I don't love the color, but I thought we could paint it?" I say, waiting for her reaction. "And I know it's small but I..." I'm cut off by her sweet lips pressing into mine.

I smile into her kiss and she pulls away. "Billy, it's perfect." she squeals as she grabs my hand and pulls me towards the house.

It's a cute house. Nothing too fancy. It's one story. No basement.

Jo spins around excitedly, her bright blue dress twirling with her. I pick her up in my arms and carry her towards the backyard. "Close your eyes." I say and she lays her head on my chest, shutting her eyes lightly.

Now for the best part. I hope.

Once outside, I place her back on the ground and she looks up. There's a tree. A tree that looks just like her old one.

"Billy." she breathes. I see her eyes water and worry I made a mistake.

Until she takes off. Bare feet across the ground. The girl hates shoes.

She throws her arms around the trunk and looks up at the leaves with a giant smile.

I wait for her to see it. My stomach is filled with nerves and excitement and my palms are fucking sweaty.

I wipe them on my jeans before walking a little closer. She looks down.

Fuck, I'm nervous.

She bends over picking up the letter and glances at me curiously.

I try my best to hit her with a charming Hargrove smile but my eyes are glossed over.

Buckle up, it's about to get mushy. But my girl is a romantic. Romeo and Juliet, kinda my fault.

She looks back down and opens the envelope.

"My dear Josephine,

These past five years have been the best years of my life. I remember the first time we spoke like it was yesterday.

I saw a look in your eyes that almost brought me to my knees. You cared. You cared about me and you didn't even know me. I'll never forget that.

There was also a sadness in your eyes. One that I could relate to. One that I wanted to fix.

I never stopped thinking about you after that first day. I couldn't get you out of my head.

And it's been the same every day since.

You are already my everything, Jo. But will you do me the honor of being my wife?

Love,
Your Billy."

Josephine's POV

I thought I couldn't be happier. I was wrong. A tear makes its way down my face. It's one of pure joy.

I look over to see Billy on his knee. He opens the box and my heart is so happy I think it might explode.

His blue eyes are shining as he looks up at me.

I've never seen a more beautiful man. Or a more beautiful ring.

It's rose gold with little vines. A green agate stone glimmers. It's perfect.

Josephine Hargrove, I like the sound of that.

I wonder what dress I'll wear. Maybe green. I can put flowers in my hair. I think Billy would like that.

My husband. I can't wait to tell my friend Eve, she's going to be so happy for me.

"Jo?" Billy says and I realize I haven't said anything out loud. I get lost in my own head sometimes.

I tackle him to the ground and his smile grows as I kiss him. Again and again.

I grin down at him and he raises an eyebrow at me. "Is that a yes, baby?" he smiles up at me.

"Yes." I press my lips to his once again. My Billy.

****

Josephine's POV

My black and white world is now colored again.

I still struggle sometimes. So does Billy. But we get through it, together.

I have nightmares sometimes but when I awake, I'm not alone. Billy holds me while I cry. He kisses my tears away.

My movie is one I enjoy watching now. There's love. And laughter. And freedom.

Billy was patient with me when it came to sex. Remember when I wondered if he had done it? Turns out he had. A lot.

But he took his time with me. He let me pick the pace. We took it slow.

Now... now I can't get enough of him.

It's such a strange feeling. The best feeling. He loves me. My hero.

I look up at his beautiful face and think about our first time meeting. His bloodied lip. My fear of being caught.

There's no more fear. No more bloodied lips. No more bruises. Just me and him.

Billy's POV

I feel the tree against my back. My legs are spread and Jo rests between them, her new ring glistening in the sunlight.

She leans back into my chest and I kiss the top of her head while she reads Romeo and Juliet out loud.

She's reading to me... and the damn tree.

My crazy girl.

My Josephine.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

9.2K 248 38
Raya Byers is just trying to graduate high school quickly and get out of small town, Hawkins, Indiana. But when Billy Hargrove moves down from Califo...
92.2K 2.1K 55
NOT SET IN THE SAME TIME// Wanted them to be able to text eachother If we continue to patch eachother up, maybe one day we'll heal together...🥀 Aft...
168K 4K 28
It had been six years since your father left you behind in New York. However, now that your mother was gone, you had no choice but to drive to Hawkin...
260 33 12
*BOOK TWO* Billy Hargrove, now attending Hawkins Community College, hasn't changed much since high school. What will happen when the self proclaimed...