Seeing Fred

By Chapter1991

Why could Leah Derijker, a muggle, suddenly see the ghost of one Fred Weasley? 21-year-old Leah, a girl in th... More

Seeing Fred
Meeting the ghost of...
After the wall
Questions
WWW
A not so quite dubbelganger
Crescent
The Tawny Owl
Teleportation/Orbing/Floo... Whatever
A Muggle in the Castle
Who would have thought... the Weasley twins studying in the library.
Notes
The Other Weasleys
Ottery St. Catchpole
The Tale of Adeline
A Long Overdue Cry
Chili
Revelations
Worst Birthday
A Pensieve Filled With Memories
Potion of Truth
Please, don't
A Stick
A Day in Diagon Alley
Gringotts
A Day at Hogwarts
Advice
The Time Is Here
Bardo
A Lioness
Pig
My Boys
Liquid Courage
The Sight
A Double Date
Molly
Move in?
Date Night
Potter
Addie
In a Blink of an Eye
Back in School
Meeting the Parents
Christmas
The Twins' Gifts
Valentines
CEOs & Explosions
A Muggle Surprise
Epilogue

Gone Girl

2.5K 71 16
By Chapter1991

Leah hoped she wasn't crying, hoped her body wasn't showing any signs on the fact that she heard Molly, that she heard every single thing that she thought about her. Her heart broke at her words, the only thing that helped her hold it together was Fred's hand in hers.

She was still stuck in the dark, still stuck in between as her magic started to come back, healing her once again. She could hear the voices around her as if they were sitting right next to her, but she couldn't see them, touch them. She recognized the voices of Mrs. & Mr. Weasley, Bill, Ron, Ginny, Minerva and the twins. So, she figured the whole Weasley clan was in the hospital wing. There was one voice she didn't recognize, and the only one she could think of was that Charlie was back from Romania.

Even though she was stuck here in bardo, she was happy, happy to know that it worked. That Fred was back with his family, his twin. She could hear the cries of joy when they saw him, alive in Hogwarts. She didn't know how much time has passed since Minerva's office, how long she's been unconscious, but she knew she had to heal, had to wait for her magic to get back to her. Then she heard him, and her heart instantly skipped a beat.

"Come back to me." Fred's voice whispered and it sounded as if he was standing right behind her. She closed her eyes, imagining he was really there with her.

"I'm coming."

It went quiet after that, for how long, she didn't know. What she did know was that Fred never let go of her hand. She focused on the tight grip he had on her, afraid is she would lose that, she would be lost in bardo forever.

"I don't care what Minerva said." She heard Molly's voice again in a whispered tone. "She lied to us, all of us. She just wanted Fred for herself, so she could have an in with the magical community. I won't have it!" She hissed.

"Molly." It was Arthur, for sure, as he pleaded with his wife.

"No, I'm taking Fred and George home the moment they wake up! She won't get her hands on either of them." Arthur didn't answer but she knew he was rubbing his face tirelessly. "They'll understand eventually."

"Molly, she saved Fred."

"I know." Her voiced softened a bit. "And I'll always be grateful for that but she's a liar and... she can see the dead, that's not normal!"

Ah, there it is. Leah thought to herself. She's afraid, afraid of her.

They stopped talking suddenly and then she heard George mumble something as he woke up. Then his voice became clearer as he came closer to her bed.

"Hey, Leah. Time for you to come out of it. It's not funny anymore." She heard that he tried to say it teasingly, but the worry overshadowed it.

"George, we're all staying here tonight. Madam Pomfrey wants to keep Fred here for tonight, just to make sure."

"Why don't you all sleep at home and come back in the morning."

"If you think I'll let him out of my sight again."

"Fine, fine." George surrendered. "But I don't know if you can tear Fred away from her."

"He's coming home if he wants to or not. He won't stay here."

"Mum." George groaned.

"Let's talk in the morning." Arthur intervened. "The others are already in bed, let's go Molly." And silence fell again in the hospital wing, in her darkness.

She pursed her eyes together before they flew open. It was dark in the room, but she knew where she was. She looked to her right and Fred was sleeping next to her, his hand still firmly in place. She smiled as she looked at him, peacefully asleep. Then the smile faltered as she heard Molly across from them muttering in her sleep. She didn't want to break-up the family, not when they just got Fred back. She climbed out of bed and stroked Fred's hair back that fell over his face, memorizing every freckle on his face. She leaned down, tears in her eyes and placed a soft kiss on his lips, when she pulled back a smile appeared on his face.

"I love you." She whispered. She carefully placed his hand on his bed and scribbled down a note, that she laid on her bed. Then she tip toed out of the room, trying not to wake anyone and disappeared in the dark corridors of Hogwarts.

The next morning Fred woke up first, enjoying the silence he laid there in bed, his eyes closed. His twin firmly planted next to him on the bed. But when he missed a hand tucked in his, his eyes shot open. He jumped out of bed when he saw the one next to his was empty. "Leah?" He called through the silent space. George stirred next to him before his eyes fluttered open.

"Freddie?"

"Leah's gone." Fred said as he ran up and down the hospital wing checking every bed.

"What do you mean gone?" George was on his feet in an instant, he too looked around franticly. "Fred!" George called his twin back when he found a small note on her pillow. Fred nearly came running to him as their family started to wake from the commotion. George handed him the folded-up note and sat down on the bed together.

Fred

I'm fine, I promise.

I'm sorry, but I can't stay. I can't come between you and your family.
They finally got you back and I don't want to be the cause of a rift between you.
I - I don't want to frighten them.

Remember, I will never forget you!
But now it's time for you to spend time with your family.

Tell Harry that maybe, one day we can meet again and talk about our family.

And George... you are probably reading this with Fred as we speak. I can honestly say I never had a friend like you, and I probably never will again. I'll truly miss you! And be a doll, tell Hermione how you feel. She might be a patient witch but she's not going to wait forever.

Fred... I didn't get a chance to tell you... but I love you, more than I ever loved anyone. Live your best life, you deserve it.

Love, Leah

Fred's hands started to shake as he held the letter tightly. George put a hand on his arm trying to calm him down. Neither of them had noticed that their entire family had shifted in front of them.

"Where's Leah?" Hermione asked, frowning. Fred wrinkled the paper but didn't look up.

"She left." George groaned rubbing his hands over his face.

"Left? What do you mean left?" Harry asked confused as he glanced at the letter. Fred looked up and glared at his mother.

"She heard everything you said! She left because she didn't want to come between us."

"Did you really say you were afraid of her?" George's voice laced with anger too.

"I-" Their mum stuttered. "Fred, George..."

"No, mum. Do you have any idea what she's been through?"

"You didn't even try to talk to her first, to hear her side of the story."

"She's just a girl..."

"No!" Fred jumped up; the letter still clenched in his hand. "I love her! I'm in love with her. And you just drove away the only person I ever felt so strongly about, the only woman I ever -" He turned back to George. "I need to find her."

" We need to find her." George corrected. "She might still be in the castle. I'll go to Minnie's office to get the map."

"I'll go with you, maybe Minnie knows more." The twins walked out of the hospital wing without looking back. The family all stood there stunned at Fred's declaration, everyone watched at the twins' retreating backs before they disappeared behind the doors. Molly's trembling hand covered her mouth as her eyes filled with tears.

"What have I done?" She whispered.

Fred and George were practically running down the corridors as they looked in every direction, opened every door. It was not even seven in the morning, so the castle was deserted as everyone was still asleep, but they didn't find her. They came to a sudden halt outside Minerva's office when the headmistress stepped of the last step of the spiral staircase.

"Minnie!" The twins nearly yelled, panting.

"Leah, she-" Fred clutched his side as he tried to control his breath. "She's gone."

"I know." Minerva said softly. "She came to me."

"Where is she?"

"I don't know, she said she needed time. She looked so... broken."

"Where could she have gone?" George turned to his twin. "She's still learning how to use magic."

"You would be surprised at what she can do, the things she learned in a week." Minerva said impressed. "She asked me not to say anything, but she went to get her things from her chambers, she might still be there."

"Where is her room?" Fred asked in a hurry.

"7th floor at Louis and Agatha's."

"Really?" George asked surprised. "That's a room?"

"Doesn't matter, let's go!" Fred tugged George's sleeve.

"You go, I'll floo home for the map just in case." Fred looked at his twin and gave him a nod before he ran out the corridor. Minerva watched one twin disappear in empty corridor, while the other climbed the stairs to her office.

"Mr. Weasley, how good to see you." Agatha smiled from her portrait. "I'm so sorry to hear about your brother."

"Oh, yeah. Thanks." Fred said, not correcting her because that was a whole other story. "Can I go in?"

"I'm sorry dear, I can't let you in without a password."

"Can you tell me if she's in?"

The old woman gave him a sad smile that told him no. Fred started pounding on the portrait, calling out her name. "Mr. Weasley, please stop." Fred sighed as he dropped his hands and slid down the wall, burying his head in his hands. He didn't know how long he sat there; he didn't hear his twin ran down the corridor. He only noticed when George came down to sit next to him, the map in his hands.

"I'm sorry Fred. I can't find her on the map." He saw Fred clenching his fist angerly and George pulled him in a hug as they sat against the wall in silence.

Earlier

Leah had just stuffed some clothes in a bag before she tossed it over her shoulder and made her way to Minerva's office. The castle was still, dark and eerie but with a fast strut, she found her office quickly. She knocked on the door softly and waited. She was just about to head back down when a light appeared beneath the door.

"Leah." Minerva said surprised when she pulled open the door, wearing her dark green nightgown. "You're awake." She pulled her in a hug, which left Leah stunned for a bit before she wrapped her arms around her. "I was so worried."

"I'm okay, really." She gave her a small smile as she pulled back. The headmistress frowned as she looked her over, not believing her. "I need to go away for a couple of days."

"Away? You just did the impossible, your body is still healing. You can't go, what about Fred?"

"I'm going away for him." She said, tears starting to form again. "His family just got him back, I don't want to stand in the way of that."

"Leah, why would you think you would stand in the way?"

The tears started to fall as she told her everything. Everything she heard while she was stuck in bardo, everything Molly had said. Minerva turned pale at her words as her eyes filled with fury.

"Please don't go. Molly just doesn't understand your gift, she doesn't understand why you lied. But she will, she just needs time to process everything."

"Maybe, maybe not." She put her bag back over her shoulder. "But I can't be here, not now. Thank you for everything, Minerva. I'll get a few more things from my room before I... I'll let you know when I'll be back." She turned and opened the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Home." And with that she closed the door behind her.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 41.9K 94
"I jumped across for you Oh, what a thing to do 'Cause you were all yellow" - Leah Hadleigh is no stranger to the Weasley family, having spent most o...
91.8K 2.5K 24
And then she fell. Miranda fell right on top of Fred Weasley. He looked up at her directly in the eyes, "I'm sure you wanted to see me and ask you h...
27 2 6
Y/N Y/L/N, was a muggle born witch who became part of an untouchable trio with the Weasley twins. But when 6th year hits and the crush you've had on...